April 2019 Moms

Randoms 3/17

Re: Randoms 3/17

• @elmich3 that sort of sounds like your body is getting ready for labor 
  • @elmich3 I’m feeling nauseous on and off too. Plus heartburn despite (because?) not eating anything. Plus an extra clingy child. Plus general discomfort. I agree with @professormama - this is our bodies getting ready.
  • Loading the player...
  • @professormama @lyse01 I sure hope it's near. I was all energized and ready to go now I feel like someone is gonna have to scrape me off the ground to bring me into the hospital lol. 
  • I too have sudden new extreme heartburn.  It'd sorta gotten better as baby was getting lower and Friday night I thought I was going to puke with any remotely strong BH contraction.  

• So, when heartburn is bad, do you eat something or do you avoid eating? My inclination has been to avoid eating, because I feel gross and horrible. But my midwife was like “nah that’s a sign that you should just put some more food in.” I’ve tried it some but don’t have a strong impression of whether it makes things better or worse. @mighty_montgomery congratulations!
  • @elmich3 I’ve been feeling the exact same the past few days. I hope it means labor soon. I just feel like sleeping all day. I’m either nauseous, hungry, or acid reflux. Plus back pain, insomnia, and severe irritability (I told my fam yesterday; I don’t know why I’m irritated but I’m)
  • @mesweettea I tend to take a tuna then just pay attention to whether or not I feel hungry. I don’t think food helps or hurts the heartburn. So if I am hungry, then I go ahead and eat. 

ive been crazy productive today, I guess making up for yesterday. Cleaned both bathrooms, did laundry, vacuumed the whole house, pulled out the co-sleeper, and just did about a million other little things. Feeling more ready / prepared for this baby every day! 
  • @mesweettea I eat if I haven’t recently; I sometimes let myself throw up if I’ve had too much of something (eg chocolate or sugar, which is a heartburn trigger for me). 
  • @professormama your tuna/tums typo has brought me so many belly laughs today I can't even tell you. 
  • I have also been giggling about "taking a tuna".

But honestly, I don't feel hungry most of the time anymore - just variations on kinda nauseous and heartburny or less nauseous and heartburny... I'm suspicious that my midwife was just trying to get me to eat more.

Glad you were having a productive day, @professormama!

• @kayceebaby1 and @mesweettea omg I didn’t notice that! I just almost peed myself laughing at that. Then I actually did pee myself just a little bit coughing. Lol. 

Sooooo happy with my clean house. Although the dog did track in a bunch of leaves and dirt this evening and I just don’t have enough energy to vacuum a second time. Oh well. 
  • I did all the things yesterday, so naturally, today I am 100% useless. 
  • Lol @professormama right there with ya! Poor DS is on his 4th episode of Daniel Tiger while I cant move off the couch.. at least the house is clean! 
  • +1 for being useless! 

Just woke up from an amazing nap. Now to Swiffer the house bc DH decided yesterday to have friends over. I so so soooo do not feel like hostessing :| , but they're friends with kids and we've been working really hard to make a new tribe with kids :s so we have support for our little guy. 

My last week working is officially this week! I was planning to go "until my water breaks," but I'm thinking being home and near the hospital is better than being at work farther away. 
  • Monday is my busy day of the week, so even though I REALLY wanted to do nothing today I couldn’t. I had chiropractor, speech for DS, physical therapy, and DD had dance. 
    Both my Chiro and PT made comments today that they don’t think I’ll make it to my due date, based off of how my hips have moved the past week. Trying not to get my hopes up lol. 
    Not sure if it’s the baby starting to engage or from all the BH last night, but my stomach muscles below my belly button are super sore today
  • @professormama I did too. Cleaned out a giant closet, tons of boxes of paperwork, bathroom cabinet, kitchen cabinets, all of mine and DHs clothes, made cookes, cupcakes, mini cheesecakes. And I woke up sick today. 

Im seriously going to need to sleep for a week to recoup. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • HGRichHGRich member
    edited March 2019
    Add me to the list of people who were productive over the weekend and useless today. I have guests tomorrow too, and I ache everywhere. I let DD watch tv, and at least managed to write some thank you notes, which doesn’t require getting up at least. 
  • Productivity in late pregnancy is a step-wise function. 

Unfortunately, today I’m being forced to make productive headway despite wanting to rest because DD and FIL are getting themselves into trouble because things aren’t spotless. Laundry, rearranging the bookcase, cleaning the bathroom, alllllll the dishes (that I couldn’t do late last night because city water was flushing the pipes on the street), dealing with my Amazon Prime packages, and generally sorting paperwork coming at me today!
  • Well I'm glad y'all all had such productive weekends, but I'm sorry that everyone else is paying for it as well. I feel like during the last few weeks of pregnancy everyone SHOULD just have off work, have high quality reliable child care, and be allowed to just rest, and nap, and nest, and be at home. Ah if only America had such progressive politics (sniffles quietly and bitterly into work laptop). 

@lyse01 good for you, even if it is forced, at least it's something. I think we should all get kudos for doing ANYTHING at this point. 

I'm being semi-productive on work today. Not my best-self, but not my worst. I'll take it. 

• I feel like it's a total crap-shoot for me as to how I feel and therefore, how productive I am. Granted, it's all relative and I never feel great, but today I almost feel human. Of course, after an 8 hour work day and 2 hour (total) commute, I'll be peeling off my sweaty compression socks and clothes and chilling all evening......except I'll probably need to take the dog to the dog park because it's nice out and DH was gone for work all day (normally he works from home).
    Oh, and last night I got up to let the dog out - because I didn't actually fall asleep until 2 - and my stepdaughter had made some type of pasta, left a mess on the stove and the pot only half-filled with water to soak in the sink (so it was all dirty and hard to scrub). I made a point to be loud while I was cleaning it - totally passive aggressive but I just don't care at this point. I really do need to learn to tell her that I need her to clean appropriately, especially for after baby gets here. 
  • @rennie1108 I’d skip passive aggressive and be direct. 

If then, if you make a mess, you clean it up or the WiFi password is changed. (Insert other consequence as needed) 

• You guys...I’m so freaking miserable. My head feels like it’s going to explode. I already couldn’t sleep and was constantly waking up but now it’s 10 times worse. Ugh. I just feel so awful. 

It should be against the rules to allow sickness at 9 months pregnant. 

Also apparently I’ve got “a quite a good amount” of fluid in there according to the nurse that did my NST/BPP today. Well that helps explain all this belly. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @thatbaintforbetty oh booo for being sick, that’s awful!! You can take Sudafed, just fyi. 
  • @thatbaintforbetty so sorry that you’re feeling sick!! Hopefully you feel better soon. 

I sent myself into a mild panic tonight, but it helped me get the last of my thank you cards done, clean up some clutter, and finish packing my hospital bag. Now if only I could sleep (it’s 1am my time) in preparation for having to be out of the house at 6:30 for my final growth scan tomorrow. 
  • @thatbaintforbetty @jlklec19   Boo sickness and insomnia.

I've been tossing and turning since 3am my time and now I'm sitting upright in bed with my heating pad... Stupid carpal tunnel! 
  • @thatbaintforbetty my head has been pounding for 3 days now too. Add to it seasonal allergies, SPD pain, and insomnia. I’m so ready to be done and my irritability to showing lol. 
    Had US yesterday to check fluid levels and growth. Drs were concern that I’m still measuring 35 weeks when I’m 38weeks. Fluid levels were perfect and baby girl was measuring 37weeks6days. Bonus they just got a 4d ultrasound machine so they were able to use that. Only bummer was her arms were covering her face. 
  • Hahah apparently the bathrooms on my floor at work are going to be closed for renovation for the last two weeks before my due date. Is there some way, as a pregnant woman, I can formally object to this? :lol:
  • @lin0442 😱 is there another one relatively close by? I would definitely say something if only because taking the extra time to go to a bathroom out of the way when you have to pee practically every hour sounds like you would hardly be at your desk (assuming you have a desk job).
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• lin0442 said:
    Hahah apparently the bathrooms on my floor at work are going to be closed for renovation for the last two weeks before my due date. Is there some way, as a pregnant woman, I can formally object to this? :lol:
    That would be rough!!! 
  • @lin0442 noooooooo! disaster! 

@blueberrymomma I'm sorry you're feeling so miserable too. The end of pregnancy just suuuuuuucks. 

I'm grading this morning, which is nearly my least favorite thing ever (only second place to writing exams). But, my colleagues are throwing me a baby shower at lunch time, and it's so sweet of them! I didn't give them a registry and I really don't need any stuff, but I just love that they're so thoughtful. So many academic departments / workplaces can be unkind and competitive and hostile, and my department is just full of really sweet, generous people. I'm lucky. 
  • Enjoy your minishower @professormama!!
  • @blueberrymomma, ugh, that sucks.  Migraines are terrible.  :expressionless:  I hope it gets better, and yay for baby girl measuring well!

@lin0442, I would definitely object on moral grounds :tongue:.

@professormama, yay for awesome coworkers!  Enjoy.

Eek, so excited to hear how it goes, @lyse01!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lyse01 eeee yay!!! good luck and (advance) congratulations!! 
  • Thanks everyone, this migraine is hanging on. At least my whole house smells like peppermint oil lol

@lyse01 good luck!

@lin0442 I would at least mention it to your supervisor, especially if you have to go to a completely different floor. 

@professormama have fun at your shower
  • Ugh. My husband has been sick with a horrible cold for over a week. I've been keeping my distance and sanitizing myself and the house like crazy! Now last night, he started throwing up... and has been all day. I wanted to cry! Pretty sure I did. I feel awful that he's sick of course but I can't help being selfish and scared of getting sick myself.. at 38 weeks pregnant it sounds like a nightmare! I'm currently in bed having hot and cold flashes, achy and nauseous :( being sick right now is the most stressful thing! Boo. Cleaning after the germs and taking care of DS who is getting 4 teeth in at the same time pretty much sealed my fate. 
  • Aaand I've been puking my guts out along with my husband all night with a fever. Pray baby stays put till after this is over!
  • @elmich3 Oh no!  Feel better soon. 
  • @elmich3 That sucks BIG time! I'm so sorry!!