STM/STM+ Check In - March

2»

Re: STM/STM+ Check In - March

• Options
    How far along are you? 4w6d

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DS is 2

Nails and fails from this week: 

Nails: doing really well with food choices, exercising, and water intake
    Fails: definitely have a short fuse and a bit of a temper, which is 100% not like me

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite? 
    One of my favorites is, "Wherever You Go."  He loves this one, too.  
    My son loves all books about construction sites, cars, trucks, vehicles, etc.  I don't mind them, but it does get a little monotonous.  Lately, he's also been wanting to read The Night Before Christmas over and over, which I find hilarious.  @geshem we read The Going to Bed Book for, literally, 2 years straight as the last book before going to bed.  We both have it memorized!! Suddenly, not that long ago, he started saying he didn't want to hear it anymore.  That kind of broke my heart because I wanted to keep up that routine :(
  • Options
    @ellebailey2b and @emeraldcity1214 aww you guys are great doing voices! I try but sometimes we're into like the third reading of something and I just can't anymore, haha. 

STM+ (or really anyone with ideas about this..) I am having some anxiety re: 2 in daycare and finances. I don't make that much anymore at my day job, although I have other side jobs that bring in some extra cash. So I know we can afford it overall, and it's not forever, but it is just overwhelming to think about sometimes. I had a moment last night where I was just crying, freaking out how this was going to work. Does anyone have any budget stuff they can suggest? tools (preferably paper/physical), tips to save $, etc? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    adfeeadfee member
    How far along are you? 6 weeks 

How old are you other kids? 8 and 5 - boys 

Nails and fails from this week: nails - getting workouts in, fails - making dinner 

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite?
    We're currently reading Harry Potter to the boys - they love it and so do we.  We're on book 4 and it's even been able to keep the attention of our crazy 5 year old.  Least favorite: I Love You Forever - I once hid it because it made me so sad.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    How for along are you? 4 weeks

How old are your other kids? Son 16 months

Nails and fails from the week? Nails- cleaning the whole house top to bottom. Fails- I was on vacation this week and spent too much at the mall today..probably should return some

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite? My favorite book is Dear Zoo..he loves lifting the flaps and I try to make the animal sounds. Least favorite is "My First Words Book" he loves looking at the pictures and having me say the words but I get tired of it with no story...sometimes it goes missing for 1-2 days..

@creamcheeseplease I hear you with the daycare finances the cost adds up! The past year I've been using apps for grocery savings like Ibotta, Check Out 51 and Fetch rewards. They are all free to use and over time you actually do add up money. I don't buy specifically whats on there all the time but if its something I would get anyway or just a different brand you get money back. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?  4 + 4

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 6 & 3

Nails and fails from this week: I've not been able to get my kids in bed on time for what feels like the entire month. I have nailed the exercise atleast twice a week this month. I hate any form of exercise, so this is big for me  ;)

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I went for girls night and was so happy to not have to cook dinner, then I came home and had to clean up the kitchen, dishes, and random kid crap strewn across the house (including 10 freaking tubs of playdoh)

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it (haha)? Least favorite? We love Pig the Pug & the Giving Tree. 

@adfee - I can't wait to try Harry Potter with mine!! 
  • Options
    @lea-v3 my husband likes to leave the dishes for me to clean up when I come home too. It is so annoying. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?  5w

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 3

Nails and fails from this week: A lot of organizing going on in our house. Spring cleaning. It feels so good to donate/throw out stuff!! As for the fails, I seriously need to start working out again...but I’m so tired! 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I am feeling a little sad that it just won’t be my daughter and I anymore once baby comes (DH is around too but I mean just mommy and daughter time). I’m already missing our time together. As for a rant, why is my daughter such a terrible sleeper?! It’s been such a struggle for 3 years. I have no idea how I will get up with a newborn and DD...help! Lol

GTKY: What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s), regardless if they enjoy it? We love Sandra Boynton books, Robert Munsch. I don’t really have any I don’t like but at bedtime I prefer the short ones lol
  • Options
    @lea-v3 my husband likes to leave the dishes for me to clean up when I come home too. It is so annoying. 
    So not cool! That happens at our house too. Sometimes I will just leave them to see how long it would take for him to do them. It backfired though because he isn’t bothered by things like that, I ended up doing them anyway lol. 
  • Options
    @bean_2016 If I leave them my DH will do them. He will empty the dishwasher and load it. I pretty much tood him yesterday he needs to step up with some housework to help me out. I can't do it all. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 mine won't, he isn't bothered by them either..  he's clueless. He fixes my car though,  so I guess I'll just have to live with him.. ;)
  • Options
    @bean_2016 you will adjust and so will she. When we're looking to something hard that hasn't gotten here yet, our tendency is to think, "how will I do this?!" Then, when it gets here, we figure out a new normal and it ends up working out :smile:
  • Options
    Rawa1416 said:
    @bean_2016 you will adjust and so will she. When we're looking to something hard that hasn't gotten here yet, our tendency is to think, "how will I do this?!" Then, when it gets here, we figure out a new normal and it ends up working out :smile:
    Thank you...I needed to hear that today 😊❤️