November 2019 Moms

Group 3: November 17th-24th - Check-in w/o 3/10

We have a few more people so perhaps we can start group check-ins? Or whatever we decide together 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring?

Re: Group 3: November 17th-24th - Check-in w/o 3/10

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  3+4

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: first appt is 4/11

How are you feeling?: bloated but so far good 

Rants/ Raves: managed to get a prenatal workout in this morning 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? I usually bring a macaroni salad because everyone loves my recipe.
  • @kimmer1412 That's awesome you are working out! I didn't work out at all during my last pregnancy, but I think I need to be better about it this time around. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov. 19th/ 3 weeks + 6 Days

Baby is the size of a(n): Chia seed

Upcoming Appointments: Making one today, hopefully

How are you feeling?: Nervous, but not really any symptoms yet

Rants/Raves: When is winter going to be over? It's March and the temperature just dropped again. I'll miss the colder weather in a few months, but for now, I am really ready for the sun to come out. 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Dessert! I make a pretty good cheesecake!
  • Loading the player...
  • @abbsters-2 oh cheesecake sounds soooooo good. I didnt workout with my last pregnancy either and ended up with GD, hoping to avoid GD this time by eating better from the start and exercising as much as I am able to. 
  • Hi everyone! I haven’t had my beta yet (IVFer here!) but I’m turning tests like crazy and wanted to join the fun!! 

EDD: November 20 (3 weeks + 6)

Baby is the size of a poppyseed! I’ve been calling it Poppy in my head  ;)

Upcoming appointments: 1st beta schedules on March 18 (14dpt)

How are you feeling? I’m on progesterone injections, so I’m having crazy side effects. Tons of bloating and nausea, absolutely exhausted, hungry, pressure in my lower abdomen, and extreme (like, really extreme) thirst. 

Rants/raves: I really hate how IVF has ruined this part for me. Like, I can’t enjoy it because I’m always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Nothing has ever worked before, so why should this work now? I’m tired of being “cautiously optimistic”... I just want to be optimistic!!

Question: ooohh. I make an amazing Mac and cheese. It’s like Mac and cheese plus spinach dip and it’s soooo good. 
  • @kimmer1412 I really hope we all avoid GD! I managed to avoid it last time (I think I was just to sick to eat anything the whole time, not because I was actually trying to be healthy!), and I'd really like to avoid it again. Good luck to all of us!

@megmac2010 My doctor just prescribed progesterone for me, and I'm pretty worried about the side effects, because I get pretty sick without any help needed from extra hormones! I hope your cautious optimism turns into optimism soon. TW... I had a miscarriage in October...end TW so I am also feeling optimistic, but mostly nervous. It is hard to feel like you can't celebrate or get too attached yet.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 3 + 5, EDD of Nov 21

Baby is the size of a(n): Vanilla bean seed (according to the internet)

Upcoming Appointments: None yet but I called my Dr. office yesterday due to my history of losses

How are you feeling?: Mostly just anxious. My boobs feel sore from time to time and I was feeling sick but not so much today. I am battling a headache though

Rants/Raves: I wish having babies was easier haha I told my husband I was in the pit of despair because I don't feel sick today and it concerns me

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? My go to dish would be either cookies for dessert or cheesy potatoes for a side
  • @abbsters-2 what type of progesterone did they put you on? I’ve been on both suppositories and injections. The side effects from the suppositories we’re minimal, in my experience. This is my first cycle on IM injections and also the first cycle I’ve had any side effects. I’ve been on it for 13 days now and the side effects just started in the past 3 or 4 days. 

Let me know if you have questions! I’m a progesterone veteran!
  • @ashcakes921 I feel you on the having babies being hard thing!

@megmac2010 Thanks! He put me on oral progesterone, so hopefully it won't be too bad! I hope you start feeling better soon!
  • @abbsters-2 I wouldn't wish GD on my worst enemy so I hope everyone passes. I actually ate pretty well last time and still failed and ended up needing insulin daily so I'm willing to try anything to avoid it this time. 

@ashcakes921 we have the same EDD, well for now anyway, I had a weird cycle and ovulated 3 days early so we'll see what the OB says. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 4 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Poppy Seed

Upcoming Appointments: None yet. I'm on a list for a midwife to contact me. 

How are you feeling?: Aprehensive. I had 3 months of fails so I can't quite get my head around the fact that this time, it worked. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Lol I'm Irish so I have no idea what that is but I'm assuming it's a social. I like baked good, so a Victoria sponge. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 22
    4 weeks and 3 days(I think)

Baby is the size of a(n): braille dot

Upcoming Appointments:
    1st appointment april 10

How are you feeling?:
     Nervous but very happy

Rants/Raves: Rant people dont respect space anymore and keeping the secret is hard when you are having hormone fits. RAVE, SO decided we are done renting so this LO will hopefully be brought home to our own actual home. 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Jalapeno bombers  and lots of water

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 18th/ 5

Baby is the size of a(n): sesame seed

Upcoming Appointments: April 11th

How are you feeling?: Gas pains are out of control. 

Rants/Raves: Not telling people is extremely difficult!

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? COOKIES!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 22nd/ 4 weeks and 2 days 

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Upcoming Appointments: March 19th

How are you feeling?: swollen boobs and bloated 

Rant/Raves: driving to Disney in a couple weeks. Hoping that I wont have morning sickness and that we wont have to stop every hour for me to pee lol.

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Spinach dip with veggies