July 2019 Moms
Options

Flu??

hi all! I just got back from the doctor and received a positive result for the flu even though I had my flu shot. Probably thanks to all the kids I’m around all day at school. Anyway, my doctor gave me Tamiflu and insists that’s it’s safe during pregnancy. I called my OB and asked for another opinion and she said it’s fine too. But I’m still nervous to take anything. Just looking for anyone that might have personal experience with having the flu during pregnancy and how they handled it. Luckily, it’s a mild case since I had the flu shot and I haven’t had a fever so that’s good but still feeling very miserable. Thanks for any input! 

Re: Flu??

• Options
    Take it! It’s an anti-viral that will minimize your down time with the infection! You want that! You caught it early enough to take the tamiflu! It could still ramp up and knock you down hard. Breathing is incredibly important to make sure you get enough oxygen flowing for you and baby! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    key33key33 member
    Take it! 

I got a positive flu diagnosis over a week ago. It was after I had symptoms all week so I was outside of the ”48 hour window”. (Tamiflu doesn't work if you had symptoms for longer than 48 hours before starting) My options were Sudafed, cough syrup and Tylenol to ”manage” symptoms, each one did absolutely nothing.  Thankfully, I too had a flu shot, no fever and no congestion and hardly a cough. Mine was all in my sinuses, super tired and body aches. I still have mild symptoms over a week later with being able to take nothing. I wish I could have had something to actually help.
  • Options
    I’m currently taking it because my toddler has flu a. Both the pediatrician and my OB said it was safe to take while pregnant.
  • Options
    I’m currently taking it because my toddler has flu a. Both the pediatrician and my OB said it was safe to take while pregnant.
  • Options
    Take it - you're at high risk for flu complications while pregnant
  • Options
    If you want a more natural approach,  elderberry syrup can shorten the flu and build up your immunity.  I make my own if you're interested in the recipe!
  • Options
    I just finished tamiflu. Our oldest tested positive so they put me on it as a preventative.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I just got a pos flu too 😭. Praying for speedy recoveries for all.