October 2019 Moms

Post Ultrasound Photos Here

Re: Post Ultrasound Photos Here

• I unfortunately do not have an image to contribute but I thought this was the best place to ask a question about the first ultrasound. These (awesome) ultrasound image you ladies are sharing, are they trans vaginal? I had my first appointment today, and they did not have that equipment in the office. She did a regular ultrasound, but seemed to even have trouble finding my uterus (pretty dang sure I have one of those) 
    I have PCOS, so that can contribute to a difficult ultrasound, but knowing it was still early on, very confused why she would try with what she had. I have another elsewhere transvaginally in a week, but she wouldnt even order the bloodwork until after that. I'm confused, concerned, scared and frustrated. Any input would be appreciated. Love those pictures ladies. 
    It’s very difficult to see anything this early via a transabdominal ultrasound. Most OBs I know wouldn’t even try abdominal at this stage, they go straight to transvaginal. Sorry for the added stress! I hope this week flies by and you have a great ultrasound next week ❤️
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @limeferret I had mine done at an imaging center. They did abdominal and TV. Maybe their equipment in the office isn’t as high tech? That’s the case at my dr’s office 
  • Loading the player...
  • I am assuming the equipment is not very high tech. But I am so concerned that she declined to even order the bloodwork until after the next scan. I called the office back in the Hope's that I could at least get a hcg blood test to see if my numbers were on target ( I had a blood test 2 weeks ago) but she said no (receptionist related this to me.) 
    Maybe I'm being paranoid. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. But I'm so worried. 

Thank you all for your responses. It means so much having others to talk to in this community.
  • @limeferret That is very odd that they won’t do they bloodwork earlier. Hang in there, I’ll send some prayers your way 
  • joelydjoelyd member
    edited March 2019
    @imme1990 How did your ultrasound go on the 20th?
  • How far along are you?
  • It was great! Meausered 7 weeks 6 days which was right on track with a heart rate of 148. I also got to see the baby via handheld ultrasound (didn't know they existed) at 8 weeks 4 days heart still thumping. I'm so happy but sooo sick. I've lost 16 pounds so far and meds barely work. 
  • joelyd said:
    @imme1990 How did your ultrasound go on the 20th?
    It was great! Meausered 7 weeks 6 days which was right on track with a heart rate of 148. I also got to see the baby via handheld ultrasound (didn't know they existed) at 8 weeks 4 days heart still thumping. I'm so happy but sooo sick. I've lost 16 pounds so far and meds barely work.
  • I had my first yesterday, too! So exciting! Mine measured at 7w 5d. I had estimated 8 weeks exactly. We saw the heartbeat flicker and the Dr said it looked good but she also said she wouldn't measure it exactly or tell us an exact rate. Did you hear it? How did they measure it?
  • cheznet said:
    I had my first yesterday, too! So exciting! Mine measured at 7w 5d. I had estimated 8 weeks exactly. We saw the heartbeat flicker and the Dr said it looked good but she also said she wouldn't measure it exactly or tell us an exact rate. Did you hear it? How did they measure it?
    Congrats!! It’s such a neat procedure :) We didn’t hear the heartbeat but we were able to see it on the screen. She then told us she was measuring the heart rate and shared it with us. I wouldn’t worry-every doctor has their own way of doing things and some may not share specific information like that. If she said it looked good, I’m sure everything is just fine! 
  • @ranavarro congrats!!! That’s so exciting!
  • @darlenev-2 we got pregnant with #2 on the first try too! For some reason it made me more nervous too, but everything was fine.