Amelise Madeleine 
Veronica Faye 
Sienna Violette 
Gemma Madeleine 
Giuliana Amabel

Re: Short list - help narrow!

• Options
    I like Gemma Madeleine. 

Dahlia Lauren would be nice but the Laurenne spelling looks pretentious to me.

Giuliana Amabel is nice too but only if you are Italian. Otherwise I’d go with Julianna.

I like Autumn but not Everly so maybe Autumn Faye or Autumn Amabel.

• Options
    I like Veronica Faye. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Veronica Faye or Gemma Madeleine.  I would love Sienna Violet. 

The others are just too much (in my opinion) with the fancy names and somewhat pretentious spelling. 

• Options
    Ditto everything Casadena said.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    Sienna Violet 
    Gemma Madeleine
    Dahlia Lauren
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Avienne Harlow
    Veronica Faye

• Options
    Dahlia Laurenne Dahlia is fine, but I don't like Laurenne (supposed to be lauren? If so use the regular spelling)
    Harlow Ameline - toss
    Autumn Everly - meh, not a fan of Everly.
    Avienne Harlow - toss, 
    Amelise Madeleine - FN sounds made up
    Veronica Faye - it's okay
    Sienna Violette - meh
    Gemma Madeleine - decent
    Giuliana Amabel - toss
  • Options
    I want Laurenne pronounced the way Sopia Loren pronounces her last name. It's not Lauren. I also considered spelling it like Corinne, so Lorinne. 

We are French and Italian and some of these are family names so that is why I like the French or Italian spellings. I find it beautiful. 

Some of these names are combination names. Amelise is Ama and Elise together. Avienne is Ava and Vivienne together - neither of these I can use by themselves. My God daughter and niece's names. I get there is a lot of criticism about these because I know a lot of people are very anti combo names. I'm also open to Avianna, which is an actual name in the top 500 right now but I like Avienne better. I love Amelise but literally no one else does. I'm also open to Elisa but I dont love it half as much! All the other names are real names.

I'm open to suggestions based off these names. I'm surprised a bit at the reaction! I think they are all gorgeous- but I guess that's because I chose them! 
  • Options
    I want Laurenne pronounced the way Sopia Loren pronounces her last name. It's not Lauren. I also considered spelling it like Corinne, so Lorinne. 

We are French and Italian and some of these are family names so that is why I like the French or Italian spellings. I find it beautiful. 

Some of these names are combination names. Amelise is Ama and Elise together. Avienne is Ava and Vivienne together - neither of these I can use by themselves. My God daughter and niece's names. I get there is a lot of criticism about these because I know a lot of people are very anti combo names. I'm also open to Avianna, which is an actual name in the top 500 right now but I like Avienne better. I love Amelise but literally no one else does. I'm also open to Elisa but I dont love it half as much! All the other names are real names.

I'm open to suggestions based off these names. I'm surprised a bit at the reaction! I think they are all gorgeous- but I guess that's because I chose them! 
    I still think you should spell it Lauren even if you want to pronounce it the other way. Mispronunciation won’t matter much for a middle name. Or, how about Dahlia Corinne instead? Corinne is great!

Suggesting Gianna as an alternate Italian name you might use. 

I don’t like combo names. I get that you can’t please everyone and need a name you love but if every other person dislikes something, your daughter is likely to dislike it herself, or come across a lot of negativity on it. I’d want my daughter to have a beautiful name that I love but that is also generally well-received. 
  • Options
    Yeah Iove the combo names but I'm open to a lot of other names that are not because I know they dont jive with most.

My reason for spelling Laurenne is solely for correct pronunciation. I wouldn't spell a first name so weird. This is actually a real name and spelling as well. It looks way more feminine than Loren. I just wanted correct pronunciation and it's not like we have to spell out our middle names all that often.

I like Giuliana and Gemma better than Gianna.
  • Options
    magsugar13magsugar13 member
    edited March 2019
    No history of that spelling on Behind the name, just user submitted. Just because someone used it doesnt make it real.
    Lorrene or Laurene would be correct.

There are a lot of great names on the list.

Love Autumn, Gemma and Giuliana. Veronica is a nice change.
    Not a fan of most of the middle names.

Giulia
    Collette
    Nadia
    Francine
    Gabriella

• Options
    I actually didnt choose any of these but went back and read this! I just did a look on social media to see if Laurenne is a used name and there are a ton! I mean, I don't think its really that out there just because some may not be familiar. And I think for middle names, you can bend the rules a little anyways. I still love Dahlia Laurenne! Its obviously a variation from Lauren or even Laura but a lot of names come from variations. Look at names like Elizabeth and Rose. So many variations. I dont know, I'm not that uptight when it comes to names! With celebrities naming their kids Apple, Blue and Bear, I think Laurenne is really okay as a middle name! We went a different direction and not using it anyhow now.
  • Options
    Just because celebrities are naming their kids off the wall names, doesnt mean that the kid won't be made fun of, mocked, judged, etc growing up - just because it's a celebrities kid doesnt exempt them from judgement.  Some of given names are terrible and their "celebrity parents" are trying to be cool. In reality, people judge, and the kids are the ones to take the hit :( 
  • Options
    I know. I'm saying the name Laurenne isnt so bad comparatively!! 
  • Options
    Gemma or Giuliana, no question. 
  • Options
    Everly August?

I agree with what other comments have mentioned. You have some really pretty names picked, just stay away from the made-up and pretentious ones.