June 2019 Moms

All Groups Check-In - Week of March 4

Due date/W+D:  

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?: 

Rants/Raves?:  

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY - What's the last show you binge-watched OR what's on your list to watch?

Re: All Groups Check-In - Week of March 4

• lmcwlmcw member
    Due date/W+D: June 8/26+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Kale or acorn squash

Any appointments? Questions?: I need to do my glucose test this week, plus some other blood work by OB wants to check. Also most likely need to try to get in to see my OB again this week because I do NOT feel that I'm physically ready to go back to work next week.

Rants/Raves?: Surgery recovery is much slower than I expected and I'm just annoyed. I'm trying to be productive and work on my registry, but #1 I don't know what I actually need, and #2 I don't like that the registry list I have suggests registering for things like cleaning supplies and laundry detergent...it just seems weird!

How are you feeling?: Mostly okay, aside from recovery discomfort. Baby has been super active the last several days, and it's making me happy!

GTKY - What's the last show you binge-watched OR what's on your list to watch? Recently finished all of Friends again...for probably the 4th or 5th time. Currently re-watching Downton Abbey!

• Due date/W+D:  June 15th (scheduled csection June 10th) 25w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): not sure - my phone's not near me

Any appointments? Questions?: Next week do my glucose test, hopefully everything goes smooth!

Rants/Raves?:  woke up to over a foot of snow. Just spent the last hour shoveling my car out. Luckly I'm able to wfh. DH was able to bring DD to work. At least I have my workout in! 

How are you feeling?: Feeling okay, we should hopefully be moved into the new house by end of next week. So still in the rental. We go up to Vermont this weekend for a long weekend, hopefully it keeps me distracted from the house. 

GTKY - What's the last show you binge-watched OR what's on your list to watch? Last show was Dirty John. It was good, but the ending was kind of weak. I have a list of shows I want to watch, but no cable or wifi till we're in the new house. 

@lmcw good luck with the recovery! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Due date/W+D: June 26, 23w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit

Any appointments? Questions?: I have my GD test next, in about 2.5 weeks. Definitely worried about this, but planning on cutting carbs out a few days early. I’m mostly just annoyed because I can’t get the drink early, so my appointment won’t start until an hour after I get to my doctor’s and finish the drink. So, it will be a long one.

Rants/Raves?: My rant is mostly with this app—it keeps kicking me out, and then I sign in, but it thinks I’m a new member and makes me wait a few days to be able to interact on boards...so I missed last week’s post.

I’m also over being constipated...

Raves: I’m loving feeling baby move. It seriously makes me so happy every time I feel her!

How are you feeling?: Really good, overall. A little more tired the past few days, and hungry, so maybe baby girl is going through a growth spurt? 🤷🏻‍♀️

GTKY - What's the last show you binge-watched OR what's on your list to watch? The Umbrella Academy, though I fell asleep for several of the episodes. I’m also rewatching Grey’s Anatomy for like the 4th time, lol.

@lmcw, what are you recovering from? Hope you recover quickly!

• wisehwiseh member
    Hang in there @lmcw! It’ll be another couple of weeks and you’ll be feeling your old (though maybe not as good cause you’ll be more pregnant!) self. I don’t know why people kept telling me I’d heal faster after the surgery. Growing a baby is your body’s number 1 priority right now and it doesn’t care if you’re trying to get better too 😔

Due date/W+D: 5th of June/26+5

Baby is the size of a(n): as tall as a Kleenex box!

Any appointments? Questions?: currently in my glucose test. 2 bloods down, 1 to go. The drink wasn’t as horrible as everyone told me it was going to be! Follow up with OB on Thursday for the results and then nothing until the 21st which will be with my new care team on the east coast! 

Rants/Raves?:  rant: I have a trainee phelbotomist for all my bloods today, so I hope that her delay in taking my bloods isn’t going to affect my results! She literally just went to stick the needle in without even putting the arm band on then got flustered and wasted another 2-3 minutes getting it the right tighteness 😩 rave: TWO MORE DAYS OF WORK!!!! Oh my gosh I’m so excited 

How are you feeling?: not too bad, not sleeping well so a bit tired and my lower back is a bit sore but after this week I won’t be doing any lifting and I won’t be working (I am so over 4am wake-ups) so just gotta push through a couple more days

GTKY - What's the last show you binge-watched OR what's on your list to watch? Currently halfway through “zoo” on Netflix which is quite good! 

• Due date/W+D:  June 7/26+3

Baby is the size of a(n): a box of Oreos 

Any appointments? Questions?: GD test next week

Rants/Raves?:  I’ve had four people make rude comments about my size in the last week. I don’t even know how to respond. I just make awkwardly long eye contact and hope they feel like poo. My size hasn’t been their concern the last 30 years. No need to comment on it now. And I’m not even as big as I was with #2 at this point in that pregnancy.

How are you feeling?: Ehhh had to stop running :( that’s been emotionally harder than expected. I really enjoy that time to myself and the feeling of accomplishment. Looking for other ways to feel those, but so far no luck.

GTKY - What's the last show you binge-watched OR what's on your list to watch? I’ve been watching Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on amazon. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • wisehwiseh member
    I hate that @ajbook! I get all sorts of weird comments from people based on my weight at the moment, like apparently pregnant women's weight is open slather. It really grinds my gears.

Could you walk instead of run? I know it's not the same but it is getting out of the house by yourself for a while. 
  • @wiseh I’ve been walking and it’s alright. It does help with the me time just isn’t quite the same feeling of accomplishment. Slowing down has never been a strong suit of mine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @ajbook I’m with you! I always thought I’d be that bada$$ pregnant runner, running throughout my whole pregnancy, but I had to stop at the start of my second trimester. Briskly walking has helped, but it’s not the same. I’m just looking forward to running again after the baby is born (and trying not to worry about how hard it’s going to be).
  • Due date/W+D:  June 20th / 24+5

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe / Baby’s hand is the size of a lego figure 

Any appointments? Questions?: I’ve got to get my glucose test done sometime this week. This is the second time I’ll be taking it as the first they were worried because I was very fatigue and apparently being asian is a red flag for GD, but I passed it. I’m worried this time around though. No other appointments until the 20th when I see both my hematologist and OB. 

Rants/Raves?:  I love feeling the little one move and kick but sometimes I’m like oh my goodness little man, mom wants to sleep! It’s just nice to know that he’s active. 

My rant this week is not related to the pregnancy but it’s still affecting me. My mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer this past summer unexpectedly and they had her on one chemo regiment but had to switch over to a new regiment this past Friday because during the last liver biopsy they found new cancerous cells. My mom didn’t take to the treatment well and now she’s being hospitalized to monitor her dehydration, pain and nausea. She hasn’t been able to hold down anything since Friday. Visited her yesterday after work and she seemed in decent spirits but I know they’ll do everything to make her comfortable. It’s been difficult dealing with that and this pregnancy at the same time. The past few months have been a rollercoaster of uncertainty because she’s got a rare case of this cancer and they don’t know what to do. They have University studying my mom’s case. I just feel like it’s all trial and error in what they decide to do and I really don’t want to lose my mother anytime soon. My fiancé is trying to keep my spirits up but with all the hormones it’s just out of wack. 

How are you feeling?: Been feeling so-so lately. It takes me a while just to get to sleep because the little one is moving around. Other than that I’ve got some lower back pains but that’s manageable. 

GTKY - What's the last show you binge-watched OR what's on your list to watch? I haven’t been watching any Netflix/Amazon lately but the last shows I watched were The Titan Games, The Masked Singer, Kids Baking Championship, and Windy City Rehab. 

• @lmcw - As far as registries go, you should put what you want on there. Those lists are helpful but no one knows you better than you. Plus how many times do people buy whatever they want anyway. lol
    @ajbook - I couldn't agree more about people's ridiculous comments. Someone was asking me how much longer I had and I said 3 months and they were like "wow that long!" 
    @wiseh - hope you have great results for bloodwork!

Due date/W+D:  6/21 - 24+3

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe

Any appointments? Questions?: nothing until the 18th. Then after that I thinks its GD testing 

Rants/Raves?:  I should preface that my husband is really great. He is awesome with our son and is so helpful but the last few weeks it's like he doesn't quite get that I'm 6 months pregnant and still trying to chase after a toddler with the same amount of energy as before. If I say that I'm tired he'll be like yeah I'm so exhausted too. What I want to say is sure try doing it while growing another human and not sleeping all night  and getting up to pee every hour of the night. lol I'm just being grumpy today. 

How are you feeling?: definitely better than I have been. I can't get comfortable at night so I'm definitely up several times which I'm trying to look at as just getting me back into the swing of multiple night feedings. 

GTKY - What's the last show you binge-watched OR what's on your list to watch? nothing at the moment. We usually go through Friends, or the office pretty regularly. I may watch big bang again soon. 

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • magpie87magpie87 member
    edited March 2019
    @lmcw Hope your dr writes you off work for a few more weeks so you can finish recovering!

@ajbook Are you able to try swimming laps, maybe? That might give you more physical gratification than walking?

@ami500 I'm so sorry about your mom's treatment issues! My dad passed away in 2010 after about 3 years of battling adrenal cancer. The treatments they tried for him were basically trial and error because there was so little research available on his cancer type. If you ever want to talk, please message me anytime!

Due date/W+D: June 30/23+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit 

Any appointments? Questions?: Not until the end of the month 

Rants/Raves?: 

Rant: I haven't been sleeping well & last night was even worse because my nose is so stuffed up. And instead of letting me sleep, H decides to wake me up trying to be frisky. Seriously? 

Rave: I'm loving finally knowing (even though my instincts were telling me so the whole time) that we're having a boy!

How are you feeling?: Congested & sore because I spent all day yesterday sneezing.

GTKY - What's the last show you binge-watched OR what's on your list to watch? Game of Thrones. So ready for Season 8 to start! Oh, and I watched Sugar Rush on Netflix, but they only had 1 season available, so that didn't take long at all.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • ami500ami500 member
    edited March 2019
    @lmcw I hope your recovery goes well! I totally feel you on the registry. I’m thinking of starting a FTM registry thread. It would be nice to get input. I know there was that STM one but that’s different since you don’t know what they got for the first baby. 

@CaraDsoontobeA I had an issue with this app before end of last year which is why I never participated in any of the discussions. So far I haven’t had any issues. Have you tried the computer instead?  

@wiseh That totally sucks that you had a trainee get your blood. I know when it’s the first few times on the job, that you may get flustered but that’s one of those jobs you have to know what you’re doing. My grandma had that happen before and they had to poke her 3 times and after that she’s like get the other nurse/tech. 

@ajbook Sometimes people don’t know when to not say anything. That also gets me upset when people comment on size or weight. Like hello we are growing life inside us! We should be getting encouraging comments instead of negative ones. Everyone is different in weight gain and it’s totally fine. 

@magpie87 Thank you and sorry to hear about your father. There are just so many different types of cancer that there isn’t much research on every single one. I’m just glad that they can take what they can learn from my mom’s case to help others. I’m just not liking the whole trial and error process but it has to happen for progress to occur. 
  • @ami500 Thank you. That is one positive to come out of the situation, yes. My dad was initially given 6-12 months to live after diagnosis, but he made it an extra almost 2.5 years because of his will to fight & very likely because of some of the trial treatments that he tried. Praying that your mom's doctors find the right treatment for her soon!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @jacksonbears @CaraDsoontobeA Thanks ladies; recovering from abdominal surgery a few weeks ago to remove a huge ovarian cyst. My OB said last week that he basically gave me a c section and just left the baby in, so I'm healing AND growing at the same time!

@wiseh What sort of crazy person actually thinks you would heal FASTER while pregnant?? That's bananas, the growing is definitely taking priority over the healing. Thanks for the love, it's super helpful to know someone else had the same issue! Also, hope your bloodwork went okay!

@ajbook Not cool. I don't understand how there's so much discussion about creating body positivity, but that all goes out the window when someone is pregnant. I've had a few thoughtless comments and it's just shitty...I don't want to be rude back so I've just been giving them resting b**** face, but I really don't know how long that will last! I asked my husband if he wanted to pick a week and do an over/under for when I'll finally snap at someone...

@ami500 I'm sorry to hear about your mother, having all of the highs (and challenges) of pregnancy along with the stress of your mom's illness has to be incredibly tough and I hope they can get her onto a better treatment plan. And I'm with you about the nighttime baby party...I get why they do it, but I feel like I'm constantly telling our boy that no, when I go to bed is NOT the time to start squirming around like a fish thanks very much!! Thanks for starting that registry page, I was going to do it yesterday and then got sidetracked; I like seeing what the STMs are planning to replace or upgrade, but that's exactly what I was thinking, there's a lot that they don't need to think about getting this time around!

@Griffin5413 LOL right? We definitely got some random stuff we got when we got married! 

@magpie87 Same, I'm going to call today to get an appointment. I know my office and no one will remember me coming back earlier than I was ready to, it won't get me an points, and growing this little guy is my priority so I really don't care if I'm off another 2 weeks (except for the part where I'm bored and only getting some of my salary because I'm on disability). And YAY team boy!!
  • @ami500 I'm so sorry you're going through this. Try to find strength where you can - it sounds like your fiancee is trying to be a pillar for you. Don't be afraid to lean on him and others. 

@lmcw hope you'll be feeling better soon!! I'm with you on the registry. @ami500 shared a list with me that I can forward to you if you'd like. I also sent my registry to a few friends who have kids... and that was a mistake. One is telling me the stuff I picked is great, the other says none of it works. I guess it just comes down to what the baby likes 🤷‍♀️

@CaraDsoontobeA Welcome to the party! The app does suck, lol. You're not alone. 
  • Due date/W+D:  June 27, 23w,5d

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit 

Any appointments? Questions?: My sugar test isn't until next month, so no appointments until then. 

Questions? ... so many, many questions 😂

Rants/Raves?:  Rave: finally picked a theme for the nursery, going with mermaids/ ocean! She's gonna be a summer baby and a water sign, so I think it will be appropriate. 

How are you feeling?: feeling good! Finally bought maternity clothes, so I look pregnant now instead of looking like a potato. 

GTKY - What's the last show you binge-watched OR what's on your list to watch? Last show I binged was Nailed It on Netflix. I loooooove that show! 

• Due date/W+D:   June 13, 25+5

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower

Any appointments? Questions?: GD test on Saturday

Rants/Raves?:  Still just waiting around and crossing our fingers on this house stuff.  The appraisal of our current house came in a bit low, but I think we've worked that out.  Now we're just waiting on a couple things with the new house.  We are hoping to close and move at the end of March!

How are you feeling?: Tired!  I didn't sleep well for a couple nights.  I'm also feeling sore and giant! I don't remember feeling so big so early last time.

GTKY - What's the last show you binge-watched OR what's on your list to watch? My husband loves all types of superhero shows, so we've watched a bunch of those on Netflix.  We just finished the newest season of The Punisher.

• @holyboobsbatman - that's the hard part about asking friends for input. Plus once baby gets here, so much of it goes out the window. I know people who swear by the mama roo and my son hated it. There is so much trial and error. Love the mermaid theme!

@tickledpink123 - I was literally thinking the same thing about being so big last time. I feel huge. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • tkbmamatkbmama member
    edited March 2019
    Due date/W+ D : June 3rd/27+ 1 day

Baby is the size of: lettuce

Any appointments or questions? None til April 9th. Need to call back and schedule an appointment with the nutritionist...kind of dreading after the laundry list email she sent me.

Rants or Raves: I wish I had a DH who just said yes whatever you want. Getting stuff done in the nursery is very hard when his outlook is that we don't need to change anything for an infant. The people who lived here before us ripped out all the fixtures for the closets, I'm asking for one shelf. He says I don't need to hang baby clothes....which I don't right away but would like the storage space. He is doing other projects around the house that need to be done so I should give him a break. I just hate fighting.

Also annoyed that everyone keeps telling me not to buy stuff bc I'll get it for my baby shower. Well no one's planned a baby shower...and big items are on sale so I want to get them. Frustrating.

How are you feeling: well I was feeling good til yesterday. Then the gas and diarrhea hit. Been miserable the last day and a half . Hoping it gets better soon. Couldn't sleep last night so that's not helping. I just couldn't get comfortable. Oh and new symptom, swollen ankles!! So far only happened after a flight and a day of being on my feet all day. If this is how the third trimester starts, I'm not excited.

GTKY-: binge watched...well I watched about 5 episdoes of Chicago med this weekend to get caught up while I waited for my ankles to unswell. Truly binge watched the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel seasons 1 and 2. Can't help it, I can't turn it off!
  • Due date/W+D:  June 21st/ 24 & 4 

Baby is the size of a(n): Canteloupe

Any appointments? Questions?: Finally did my GD testing. I did cheat by fasting 😂😂 it’ll be hilarious if I fail and still have to do a 3 hour. 

At the end if the week I have a cardiologist appointment. I had an intense dizzy spell and heart palpitations which are both normal but my OB just wants to make sure it’s nothing else.

Rants/Raves?:  Baby Girl’s room is officially done we just need to do flooring! Baby shower is all planned! Invites go out in the next 2 weeks. I just love crossing things off my list.

How are you feeling?: Overall, I feel great! I’ve been feeling baby girl so much and it’s always the best part of my day. BUT, THE SCIATIC NERVE PAIN HAS RETURNED! I’m an RN and on my feet all day so this pain has got to go! I am in serious need of pain relief! Going to a chiropractor is my last resort but I’ve tried massage therapy, tylenol (low dose & not often), and yoga/excercise therapy. Everyone’s saying chiropractor is the way to go so I may just have to give it a chance. 

GTKY - What's the last show you binge-watched OR what's on your list to watch? I just finished You. I’m about to rewatch Gossip Girl for the billionth time. XOXO, Gossip Girl. 

• tkbmama - I'm sorry your husband is stressing you out especially when you are in full nesting mode! I say if you want to buy the big stuff just buy it! Even if someone else buys it for you later, you can always return it and get what you still need. 
    @ajel46 - I hope you get some relieve from the sciatic nerve pain! I had to ice my back 3 times on Sunday b/c I tweaked it. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ami500 00 @holyboobsbatman, glad I’m not the only one! I’ll have to try the computer version. Plus, I think my screen name transferred from The Knot, so maybe I can change that online.

@lmcw, that sounds so painful! You are one strong mama! I hope you heal quickly.
  • @ajel46 4 visits to the chiropractor and the shooting sciatic pain stopped. Haven’t been in a couple of weeks and it’s back... anyway the point is, it’s totally great but you have to keep going (my insurance only covers 20 visits and they are $55 each so now gonna try going back just once a week) 

Due date/W+D:  June 14, 25+5

Baby is the size of a(n): brick

Any appointments? Questions?: glucose test Friday morning. 

Rants/Raves?:  feeling the kicks all the time now and totally love it

How are you feeling?: pretty good but the sciatic pain is back, hoping chiro apt on Thursday helps

GTKY - What's the last show you binge-watched OR what's on your list to watch? Working moms on Netflix. It was great!

• lmcwlmcw member
    @holyboobsbatman I was going to do the same thing with my registry! The people I was going to send it to have already given me some advice, so fingers crossed I won’t get too many mixed opinions! I’m hoping to do it more as a “you forgot about xyz” thing. Love the mermaids idea for her nursery. 

@tkbmama Sorry your H isn’t more on board about the nursery. Does he maybe not realize just how much space you’re going to need for the little one? Like no need to renovate top to bottom, but being able to properly organize the closet is sort of important! If he won’t do it then maybe when you’re feeling better you could pick up a couple easy to install shelves or hanging rods and do it yourself? It doesn’t address the problem if your H not being on board, but at least you’d get it done! And I agree with others above, if you’re worried about getting what you need pick up a few things and then you can always exchange something if it’s gifted to you later!

@CaraDsoontobeA Thanks mama; I don’t feel particularly strong at the moment, but I’m just being crusty about how slow the recovery is!!
  • wisehwiseh member

Hey ladies! Sorry for the absence, this week has been so hectic cause I’m trying to finalise packing the house up (the removalists get here in 12 hours!!) so haven’t had time to go through the convo, which I’m so glad is finally happening again!! 💃🏼💃🏼

@ami500 I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with so many high risk possibilities due to thal and being Asian. It must be beyond annoying for you. I’m also sooo sorry your mum is having so many issues. I’ve watched my dad go through horrible medicine reactions and it’s absolutely heart breaking, I can’t imagine how you’re feeling trying to cope with all of that on top of all your pregnancy concerns 😔 that’s terrible about your grandma too! In Australia they’re only allowed to give it a go once in each arm and then they have to send you home to come back the next day, cause if they keep trying they can cause damage to your veins. It’s so weird how different countries have different standards for things. 

@Griffin5413 I am GD free! I did the 75g test and my glucose started at a 4.5 and only increased up to 5.8 after 1 hour, dropping back to 5.3 after 2 hours. Pretty stoked with the results because my diet has been terrible, I had a pre-pregnancy BMI of 34 and I’ve put on close to 30lbs (10lbs in the last 2 weeks 😭), I have PCOS and I’ve got a family history of type 2 diabetes; so literally alllll the risk factors! Haha. My doctor did agree with me on the weight gain being mostly fluid retention though cause my legs are sooo swollen and feel like clay when you push on them. It’s quite disconcerting but my blood pressure is perfect, if anything a little on the low side. 

@lmcw growing a human definitely takes priority over the body healing itself for sure. I’m gonna scold the next person that tells me I’ll heal faster when I’m pregnant 😂😂

Gastro like symptoms must be a week 27 thing @tkbmama! I am also struggling with that and the gas is causing extremely painful cramping. On the baby shower front, nobody planned mine either so my partner and I threw a baby gathering and invited both of our friends and families along to celebrate the baby. We had it at a brewery near us and put some nibbles on. The only “game” we had was “predictions for baby” and “words of wisdom” cards that we got people to fill out and then read some of them out loud. It was super chill and a great way to catch up with everyone, especially as we’re moving 3500km away before the baby is born. 

@ajel46 I also recommend chiro for your sciatic pain! I was having chronic sciatic pain to the point I could barely move without crying and at one point I literally involuntarily broke down in tears because I was in so much pain. He did a small adjustment and gave me several exercises to strengthen my glutes (my pain was because my glutes aren’t strong enough). He also encouraged me to wear my sacroiliac belt for stability whilst I was restrengthening everything. Immediately after the 1st appointment I was in even more pain but 2-3 days later I was in a much better place and now, 3 weeks and one more appointment later, I have no pain at all. Sending you all the positive vibes for your cardiologist appointment if you haven’t had it already!

• @wiseh - yay for good results! I feel like I've put on like 5 pounds in the last week or so. It's so frustrating b/c I've been really trying to be good. But the swelling in my feet has started & I hate it! 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @wiseh Sounds like the move is moving along. I know the struggles of packing then unpacking. I’ve done it 3 times in the past 3 years, which pretty much was once a year move. Lots of life changes. Yeah I didn’t know all the risks there were before getting pregnant. My family never had issues but then once I started talking about it, I found out my mom’s side are the ones with the beta thal trait/anemia.

It was completely heartbreaking because my mom was originally brought to the ER just for a fall she had with pains that didn’t subside last summer. When they did the CT scans, they came back and were like “we are going to transfer you to the other hospital because we think you’ve got pancreatic cancer”. It was a complete shock and we were both crying like are you kidding me?! They did a whole bunch of tests and they came back saying it was benign but when it came to surgery day to remove it they said it grew and was malignant. Not only that but they labeled it as advance stage cancer. They couldn’t remove it so they suggested chemo. It was devastating because the surgeon told us “I don’t know how long she has”. 
  • Thank you guys for the chiro recommendation. First appointment was yesterday. No instant relief BUT the pain is much more tolerable. Cardiologist appointment went great too. Nothing but normal symptoms of growing a baby. 
  • Due date/W+D:  June 25, 24w 3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Cantalope 

Any appointments? Questions?: No appointments or tests this week. Question: I am confused about some of these GD posts. Does what you’ve been eating lately really affect the results? My doc said to just eat something light for breakfast then drink the stuff and come in. I was under the impression that it really just tests how well you process the sugar in the drink that day. Also, why are some choosing to fast beforehand? Could that give you a false negative result? Just wondering because it would suck to test positive but I feel like I would want to know the real results one way or another. I’m supposed to take the test next week.

Rants/Raves?: Only raves this week! On our Hawaiian Babymoon and having a blast. Been able to snorkel, do some light hiking, eat delicious food and spend some quality time with hubby while it’s still just us. 

How are you feeling?: Feeling good. Baby has been active and hubby finally got to feel some kicks! Previously whenever he tried to feel, baby would immediately stop kicking haha. One slightly annoying new thing is having to go pee so many times everyday. 

GTKY - What's the last show you binge-watched OR what's on your list to watch? Just finished Luther on Netflix.

• wisehwiseh member
    Yeah this will be my 3rd move in 3 years @ami500 but it’s the first one in 10 that I’ve had to pay for myself, so the culling I’m doing is insane. We’ve only kept the essential items and those that are expensive to replace, everything else we’ve sold, donated or thrown out. Have gone from a 3 bed, 2 lounge place with a double garage bursting at the seems to a 1 bed apartment worth of belongings and 7 moving boxes! I had to sleep yesterday so I’m up at 4:30am to pack the last few boxes before the removalists get here at 9, but I still have to take my cats to the kennel at 7 so will lose an hour there. A little bit stressed but sending myself positive vibes 😂

It’s funny how your family never has any history until you’re diagnosed with something and they’re like “ohhhh yeahhhh!!!!! X, Y & Z have that!” Happens to me allll the time. 

That would have been so scary for you and your mum! I just want to give you internet hugs ❤️❤️

@Griffin5413 the weight gain is frustrating but if it’s mostly fluid and your BP and everything else stays normal I’ve just come to accept that it is what it is. My doctor wasn’t upset with my ridiculous weight gain so I’m not going to be either.

@ajel46 yay for chiro working and yay for clean bill of health from the cardiologist 🤗

@sarcat87 mine is different because I’m in Australia and they make us do a fasting glucose test. For the 1 hour test I don’t think it matters but if you do fast you’ll go in with a lower starting glucose but if you’ve truly got GD it won’t matter if you fast or don’t before the test. I probably wouldn’t eat anything super carby or sugary in the few hours before the test cause your body will still be trying to break it down and then you’ll get a double whammy and may get a false positive and have to do the 3 hour test. 
  • @wiseh - I like the outlook you and your dr have. As long as your vitals are good then everything is good. I think we put so much stress on ourselves and that makes it even worse! 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • wiseh said:

*snip*

@Griffin5413 I am GD free! I did the 75g test and my glucose started at a 4.5 and only increased up to 5.8 after 1 hour, dropping back to 5.3 after 2 hours. Pretty stoked with the results because my diet has been terrible, I had a pre-pregnancy BMI of 34 and I’ve put on close to 30lbs (10lbs in the last 2 weeks 😭), I have PCOS and I’ve got a family history of type 2 diabetes; so literally alllll the risk factors! Haha. My doctor did agree with me on the weight gain being mostly fluid retention though cause my legs are sooo swollen and feel like clay when you push on them. It’s quite disconcerting but my blood pressure is perfect, if anything a little on the low side.

Lurker here. I am confused, because In the weight gain thread you said you haven’t been weighed since last November. See spoiler. 

I only remember because I found it really odd that an OB wouldn’t weigh a pregnant mother with your liver issues for over four months. So which is it?

Everything that I have read about your health history posts makes me think either you aren’t truthful or you have a really horrible OB who is ignoring serious medical concerns. I am not trying to stir anything up, but fast rapid weight gain as you mentioned above with fluid retention is a huge sign of pre-e. If I were you, I would find another OB and get a second opinion. Especially considering your elevated liver enzymes (no mater the low BP or not). 
  • wisehwiseh member
    edited March 2019
    Hi @bowlofsalad my OB weighed me at my first appointment in November and the next time I remembered him weighing me was on March 7, the day before I posted that comment about my 30lb weight gain (you’ll notice the comment I said my OB hadn’t weighed me since November was from Feb 28). I now recall that when my liver issues were occurring he weighed me once but I have no idea how much I was and he never said anything about it. With everything else happening I had completely forgotten about it - so a total of 3 weigh-ins at my OB. I have however been weighing myself at home every so often so I know roughly how much I weigh and that 2 weeks prior to March 7 I was 10lb lighter.

I have “trace” protein in my urine sometimes when a dip stick is done, but when sent away for a culture it was fine and no protein was detectable. Also, my liver enzymes have since returned to somewhat normal levels (higher than my pre-pregnancy levels but now back within the normal range).

Trust me, my OB was very concerned that there was something very seriously wrong but after close to 6 weeks of monitoring (LFT every 2-3 days for 2 weeks then every couple of weeks after that, a couple of FBCs, a kidney function test, a bile acid, a urine culture, iron studies, a few other blood tests I can’t rememember and a liver ultrasound) I have come back with absolutely nothing clinically obvious so he has simply put it down to my body reacting badly to having surgery and being pregnant at the same time.

Re the swelling, my OB has said it’s just normal pregnancy swelling compounded by the fact that it’s been >95F every day, I have a 2+ hour round trip to work and back where I wear long pants & shirt and heavy work boots, I walk 5000+ steps a day and I have been packing my house up by myself when not at work as my partner works a 4/1 FIFO roster and we started our move interstate yesterday, so I’ve not really been taking it very easy. 

Hopefully that clears it up for you.

Edited cause it’s 11:30pm and there were typos galore. 
  • A bit late but trying to participate v. just lurk:

Due date/W+D:  June 30/ 25 +1

Baby is the size of a(n): head of a cauliflower but looks like a soccer ball already.

Any appointments? Questions?: glucose test, which I'm tempted to refuse but won't because I'm a good girl :-/

Rants/Raves?:  Co-worker got EVERYONE in the office sick and so I've been struggling to fend off this terrible cold for almost a week (one day my temp got all the way up to 102.8 and I freaked out a bit).  I can't stand inconsiderate people.  Super pet peeve. Wash your hands and for peets sake cover your darn mouth! Now I'm behind on my steps (compete with family on fitbit).

How are you feeling?: Generally Sick (on top of severe allergies), but pregnancy wise fine. Baby likes bedrest and juice.

GTKY - What's the last show you binge-watched OR what's on your list to watch?  Workin' Moms. Entire season today. Although I fell asleep for some of it in the middle.