Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 2/25

2»

Re: TTCAL w/o 2/25

• @omg1108 Do you mind telling me how old you are? I haven't seen an RE but my OB said even though I am 35, the chance of a chromosomal abnormality is 1:200 which is still a very small chance and she was very positive about my ability to have a successful pregnancy. I hope for you that it is just a couple times of bad luck and you will get your rainbow soon <3  
  • @omg1108 I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad your RE has a good plan in place. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @omg1108 I never mind a long or late post since i also do a lot of that ^_~* but i'm glad you like your RE and i hope you find some solace in your test results and moving forward with more info rather than less. Have you read the book I referred to in my prev. post, called Not Broken? I learned so much from it from what I have read so far, and I am just thinking since you are new to working with an RE that it might benefit you. I was thinking how grateful I was to have picked it up in case my ob wants to refer me to an RE and even for just talking with her. Also, third grade gym, yuck haha. I was so bad at, like, climbing ropes...
  • @omg1108 Good luck if you talk to an RE.  Ask all the questions and don't let them talk you out of anything that you have your heart set on!
  • Coming up on the "when we would have announced" a-versary. I am thinking (as I just posted about at length in today's WTO) to distract myself from overthinking it I am going to participate in some mild New Orleans debauchary and hang with some friends there for Lundi Gras & Mardi Gras bc DH will be away for three days :/  , and by the time that is over, the milestone will have passed. 
  • @kagesstarshroom I have been thinking about that day too. How we were so excited to hit that "aahhhh" point & share with everyone how happy we were... **hugs**
  • @kagesstarshroom That's a really tough milestone.  I think your distraction plan sounds like lots of fun, at least!  Hugs!  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @Spartanrd4 It’s interesting you bring up that probability for chromosomal abnormalities. My RE insists all 6 of my losses have been caused from nothing but that. I’m 33 and my losses started at 25.
  • @kagesstarshroom lots of love your way

@_khaleesi sorry you find yourself here. I’m so sorry for your loss

@omg1108 I’m sorry about your loss. I’m glad you are feeling good about your RE. I hope you get some answers. 
  • Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. 

There’s a lot of tagging I’m late to so sorry for not hitting on everyone. 

@shamrocandroll Thank you for the advice and suggestions. I’ve tried a few times to post on the intro thread but I just can’t right now. Trying to answer how long have you been ttc is instant waterworks. Feels like a post there is pretending this isn’t happening and I already have to do that nearly all day every day. Someday. Just not right now. 

@kagesstarshroom where in Jamaica did y’all go?! We have a trip planned to Excellence Oyster Bay in December. And I learned about the whole state doing Mardi Gras a few years ago on a business trip. I flew into nowhere LA and as soon as I left the airport grounds there was a parade, beads, the whole 9 yards. I had no idea until then but I’ll never forget what I saw! 😂 sorry about the anniversary. Those thoughts are already running through my mind and I dread those dates. 

@omg1108 it’s good to hear you’ve got options, even if it’s a lot to digest. Hooray for getting the ball rolling!

Saw my doc today and had a sonogram to confirm everything. The good news is all my parts look nice and healthy. They did find that I have 3 small fibroids but she’s not concerned about them at all. Just means extra sonograms during pregnancy to monitor potential growth. So if we can make it to that point, lots more peeks at little babe. The appointment still sucked but at least there was that. She also gave me the all clear to ditch the pads and start trying right away. So there was also that! 

Long day. Long week. I’m exhausted. Goodnight. 

• Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited March 2019
    @kbrown2385 that is really weird your RE would say that- did they ever do any testing after each loss to confirm chromsomal abnormality? *TW* When I was pregnant with DD, I had genetic testing and even the genetics counselor told me at 33 my chance of abnormality was 1:300 *TW* That the chances of abnormalities don't really increase significantly until 40 and above. 
  • @Spartanrd4 I’ve had 2 d&c’s and got testing with them. They both came back normal. The more info I gather about this the more annoyed it get.
  • @_khaleesi We stayed on Long Road in Portland Parrish on the Northeast coast. It was a loooooooong bus ride from Montego Bay with a stop in Ocho Rios. I initially cancelled the trip bc my OB was like "but zika" so if you wind up having to cancel, hot tip, call yr airline and tell them what's happening and they are super understanding. We rebooked though after the loss. It looks like the place you're staying is right near Montego Bay! We roughed it with the locals bc my Mom took us and that's what she always does when she goes, but I'm sure the resort will be amaaaaazing. So cool you got to see a glimpse of Mardi Gras.

<3 Thanks to all who sent their love/hugs/etc. I appreciate it a lot. <3 

• Thank you ladies for your kind words and open arms. I’m REALLY sorry to post & ghost the other day. The app just won’t work for me— I got one post up yesterday but not this one. Now I have to go through a new tab on my phone to access the site. 

@khaleesi I’m so sorry you’re here and for what you’re going through. Glad that you got a warm welcome and are feeling comfortable in this group. 

@kbrown2385 I’m so sorry your RE has been dismissive. Mine was too at first, chalked it up to advanced age. Total BS. (My hematologist said that it is easy for REs to quickly blame chromosomal abnormalities because then we become dependent on them to screen for only healthy eggs and embryos=$$$.)  After months & months & tons of various doctors visits I finally have the real answers. Blood-clotting disorders and autoimmune-like issues. Requires injections to combat. Best of luck to you getting answers.

@omg1108 Congrats on the levels and getting the all-clear to start again! I’m in the same age range with you, @ruby696 & @bakerstreetboys I really believe that we’ve got some more good years to try, regardless of how the medical community tries to scare us. ;) That said, I’m also with you on the time crunch and actively pursuing IUI/IVF while we try on our own. 

@kagesstarshroom Thanks for that book rec, and glad you had a great vacation. I hope you’ve managed to distract yourself ok with the milestone day. <3

@emeraldcity1214 @bakerstreetboys @doraleigh35 I’m so so sorry for your losses. I can so relate to the feelings that come with a loss so late in pregnancy. <3