June 2019 Moms

All group check-in: Week of 2/24

Due date/W+D:  

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?: 

Rants/Raves?:  

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY - If you can live in a tv sitcom, which one would it be? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: All group check-in: Week of 2/24

• Due date/W+D: June 15th 24w2w

Baby is the size of a(n): GI Joe (i thought they were small)

Any appointments? Questions?: Nothing till my 26 week checkup, and will do the glucose test at that point.

Rants/Raves?: As the weeks keep going, I feel more not ready for this baby. I keep worrying about DD, and how she'll be when I'm in the hospital. And please, I don't want to go early, I want to make my csection date! 

How are you feeling?: Definitely feeling more kicks! When pregnant with DD, it was nothing like this. 

GTKY - If you can live in a tv sitcom, which one would it be? I guess Friends, living in a huge apartment in Manhattan would be fun!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Due date/W+D:  June 20th / 23+4

Baby is the size of a(n): As tall as a bottle of Honest Tea 

Any appointments? Questions?: Got my hematologists appointment on Wednesday, then my glucose test I’m going in next Saturday. I already took it before at the beginning of my pregnancy because being Asian I’ve got a high risk of gestational diabetes. I passed! This one I’m kinda nervous about but with any test I’m nervous about results. 

Rants/Raves?:  I’ve been trying to finalize my baby registry and I finally figured out how I want the nursery to look. Planning on painting this weekend, well more like my fiancé is going to paint this weekend and I’ll “supervise”. Another somewhat good thing is that my itchiness is slowly going away. I have/had rashes and my OB told me that it was too early for PUPPs but did mention that it could just be my eczema going crazy due to the pregnancy. Joyous 😩 I’m just keeping my skin mosturized as much as possible throughout the day and applying hydrocortisone (per OB recommendation) if it gets too itchy. 

Another thing I’m dealing with is that my fiancé’s ex wife found out I’m pregnant because their son was super excited about being a big brother. Instead of asking my fiancé about it she went on all sorts of social media to find proof that I was pregnant. We didn’t tell her yet because she makes a huge deal about everything and would find a way to make it about her and complain on social media. She finally asked my fiancé when he dropped off their son after our weekend with him and she was all upset that we didn’t tell her about this major change like it was going to change their whole parenting agreement (which it isn’t). 

How are you feeling?: Still feeling aches and pains on a daily basis. My lower back is pretty much killing me already. I’m still tossing and turning at night and it keeps my fiancé up. I feel bad for him since he wakes up much earlier than me for work. The only good feeling I’ve got is that I can still feel kicks. Reassured me that my little one is doing okay. 

GTKY - If you can live in a tv sitcom, which one would it be? I don’t really watch sitcoms much so I really don’t know which one I would want to live in. 

• Loading the player...
  • Due date/W+D:  June 14, 24+4

Baby is the size of a(n): French press?

Any appointments? Questions?: nothing till next Friday

Rants/Raves?:  really missing running, but it makes my sciatic pain and round ligament pain act up, so I’m sticking to walking and lifting weights, happy I can still be active tho!

How are you feeling?:  overall not bad, just anxious for some of the classes we have coming up “prepared childbirth” “baby basics” etc. 

GTKY - If you can live in a tv sitcom, which one would it be? New Girl because LA, some funny friends, and similar life stages sounds like a recipe for a good time :)

• Due date/W+D:  June 27 / 22w,5d

Baby is the size of a(n): hedgehog 

Any appointments? Questions?: just a routine appointment on Thursday.

Rants/Raves?:  Two raves: Scored some awesome clothes from Motherhood on clearance, and picked out a color for the nursery! (I also made a thread for "small victories" where you can brag about things that seem silly to your non-pregnant friends, but we'll all find amazing)

How are you feeling?: Still feeling good! Enjoying it as long as I can. 

GTKY - If you can live in a tv sitcom, which one would it be? I'm not really into sitcoms. I'd rather live on a competitive TV cooking show so I can eat all the food. 

• @holyboobsbatman Omg I love finding sales! I got majority of my maternity clothes during the Christmas holiday from Motherhood. I’m almost always looking at the site to find more deals on essentials. Also stalking pinkblush because of all the cute dresses for spring... well if spring ever comes to the Midwest. 
  • @ami500 I've never heard of pinkblush, I need to check it out! I feel you on the need for spring... we're having a high of 38° today 😱
  • sarcat87sarcat87 member
    edited February 2019
    Due date/W+D:  6/25, 23w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit

Any appointments? Questions?: N/A this week

Rants/Raves?:  Rants? Boobs! They’re giant. I had to look up what comes after DD so apparently I’m a DDD now. 🤯 I got a couple new bras in the same style but different colors to accommodate my new size and found that I got a weird, painful lump on one boob by the end of the day. So weird. Wore one of my old bras the next day and it didn’t happen. Wore the other new bra the next day and it happened again so it has to be something about the new bras. Pretty sure I threw away the receipts too. 🙄 Rave? Going on our Big Island Babymoon this weekend! And we finally decided on a first name! He’s going to be Magnus. 

How are you feeling?: I feel good. No real complaints there. Baby is kicking more everyday too!  

GTKY - If you can live in a tv sitcom, which one would it be? Law & Order SVU. I want to hang out and bust criminals with Benson, Carisi, Rollins and the gang. 

• Due date/W+D: Baby is the size of a(n): June 21/ 23W 4D; Baby is the size of a grapefruit

Any appointments? Less than a week until my GTT. 

Questions?: How early/late did you guys have your baby showers? Or start shopping for baby? & why? FTM, & I’ll be 32 weeks at my baby shower, so I think i’ll have enough energy to help shop and get nursery together. Dad and I decided that waiting until the “last minute” will work for us since baby is sleeping in our room anyways if she does happen to come earlier than expected. So we’re buying carseat, clothes and bassinet early and then everything else after the baby shower. 

Rants/Raves?: I know someone else is supposed to plan your baby shower but who knows what I like better than me. My friends claim to be planning it but I think it’ll come to the point where I’m going to end up taking lead and they’ll just be helping lol

How are you feeling?: I feel so good. I’m so obsessed with my daughter and her movements. I wish I could just lay down and feel (and sometimes see) her move all day. 

GTKY - If you can live in a tv sitcom, which one would it be? Lately, I’ve been really into The Office, I think i’d have fun on that show 😂
  • Due date/W+D:  June 7/25ish weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower 

Any appointments? Questions?: glucose and check up March 11

Rants/Raves?:  holy hip pain! This is my third and my body is in so much more discomfort this time around. Braxton Hicks, hips spreading, varicose veins. Luckily I’m still sleeping alright but boy am I exhausted! I’m also getting nervous about actually making it to the last day of school (June 5) and what in the world I’d write on last week of kindergarten sub plans!

How are you feeling?: sore, tired, excited, lots of kicks and movement :)

GTKY - If you can live in a tv sitcom, which one would it be? New Girl cast seems like they could be my kind of people. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry I’ve been absent lately, ladies! I’m back into the full swing of work after 6 weeks off in December/Jan and I’ve only got 1 more week before going on maternity leave, so that combined with packing my house up ready for the move has been all consuming and absolutely exhausting! 

@ami500 how’s your thal going and your iron levels? Are they still treating you as high risk? I feel you on the ex wife thing, my partner’s ex made our baby about her as well. She’s upset by the comments on social media because everyone’s been saying how great they think my partner will be as a dad and she’s upset because he was a “dad” to her son (not biologically related to my partner) for a few years. Like she literally called him crying about it. How she even knows about what’s being said on our social medias I have no idea since she’s blocked us both.

@sarcat87 did you get a professional fitting done? If not, I highly recommend you get one! A poorly fitting bra can lead to mastitis, especially if it has underwire in it. 

@ajel46 I’m having 2 baby showers cause we’re moving interstate. My first one was at 23 weeks and my second one will be at 34 weeks. I don’t think there’s a “right time” to have one. Interestingly I felt terrible at my first baby shower because it was sooooo hot! But my second one should be much cooler so I’m hoping to be a bit more active/mobile rather than being a sweaty slug that could barely move. Haha. We also haven’t done any baby shopping, mostly because of the move but also because baby showers. At my first one we were gifted at least 10 size 0000 and a few 000 outfits so we’re pretty set for the first size range already. We also got hundreds of nappies, baby wipes, bibs, soap, several muslin wraps, blankets and even a baby bath! After that we decided we won’t be buying any small stuff until after our second baby shower. My mum is hosting this one and it’s pretty much only her friends (who I swear are more excited about the baby than we are!) so we know we’ll get a few practical items and don’t want to double up or get more than we will use. We’ll probably buy all of our furniture, car seat and pram at 29 weeks and then assemble it when my partner gets back from work at 34 weeks. As for planning the baby shower, I planned my first one as a goodbye party for us and even though my mum is hosting my next one, I’m organising decorations, food and cake. 

Due date/W+D:  5th of June/26 weeks!

Baby is the size of a(n): as long as a stick of celery

Any appointments? Questions?: glucose tolerance test on Tuesday next week, follow up OB appointment on the Thursday.

Rants/Raves?: I’m getting very over summer and walking around at work in hi-vis outside in the heat. 5 more working days to go!

How are you feeling?: Getting there! I had a really unstable L5 joint which was causing me excruciating pain for the last 2 weeks but it seems to have started to settle down. My nausea has finally subsided (for the most part anyway) and I’m 

GTKY - If you can live in a tv sitcom, which one would it be? I also don’t watch a lot of sitcoms so I have noooo idea! 

• @wiseh They still have me as high risk even though tests and scans with baby came back normal. They were however very adamant that my fiancé get tested for beta thal even though he doesn’t have the ancestry nor had anemia. I understand the concerns but it was just crazy that all the doctors were like he needs to get tested! I have my appointment with the hematologist today and he told me last appointment that he wanted to get an iron IV approved to increase my hemoglobin since it dropped in the last bloodtest they did last month. I’ll find out today at the appointment since they didn’t give me a call or anything regarding it. 

• @ajbook I'm worried about making it to the end of the school year too! I'm due the 13th, but my son came 15 days earlier, so I'm wondering if this one will come early as well.  We are done the 7th, with a week of meetings/VBS the week after. I have no idea what to put in sub plans, we always do a countdown which involves field trips and all kinds of crazy activities.  Fingers crossed we can hang on until the end!
  • sarcat87sarcat87 member
    edited February 2019
    @wiseh Thank you. When I googled my symptoms, it sounded like mastitis but I wasn’t sure. Being a first timer, a lot of these body changes are foreign to me. 

@ajel46 I’ll also be 32 weeks for my baby shower. I planned it that way so that I’ll hopefully still have time to prepare before the baby comes. I basically put everything that I want/need on the registry and plan to see what we get and shop afterwards. 

Question: Are you ladies going with a bassinet? I read that you only really use them for first three months so I was thinking of going with a bassinet over a playard set up. Have any of you gone with that and liked it? If so, which one did you use? This is the one registry item that I’m having a tough time with. 
  • @sarcat87 it’s probably not mastitis as its very very rare to get it if you’re not breast feeding, but please get a proper bra fit. I went up a back size and 3 cup sizes since pre-pregnancy. 
  • Update on my hematologist appointment. I did not have to get an iron IV even though it was approved. My hemoglobin raised a slight bit so doctor and I thought what I’m doing right now with the supplements and food are helping. He told me I can ask for the IV at anytime and I just want to hold off on that until it gets bad. I don’t have an hour and a half to sit around and get an iron IV with the schedule I have. 😩 
  • @ami500 what are your iron levels doing? If they’re not low then I’d hold off on the iron infusion too. I had one before I was pregnant and they seriously knock you - like you’ve done a 10 hour gym workout with the muscle aches. It wasn’t pleasant. 
  • @wiseh My iron levels are borderline but he said that I could wait a bit. I’m like I’ll wait til next time to see if what I’m doing is working for now. 
  • Good idea @ami500! I really wouldn’t have an iron infusion unless your ferritin levels are low. Still can’t believe you’re high risk because of it though. Did you end up getting your partner tested? 
  • @wiseh Yeah I have no idea why they kept me as high risk just for beta thal. I guess they don’t really see it that often? Idk but it’s annoying to me. My fiancé is kinda like why should I get tested if there were no red flags before? but I’m going to make sure he gets it done before the next appointment so they aren’t harassing him all the time about it. They are just worried that he may be a carrier with no symptoms but don’t know it. 
  • Hey ladies! checking in late this week. I've been out of town until now. We went to Vegas and pretty much just relaxed the whole time. I needed a break so bad!
    ajel46 - since this is my 2nd I'm not planning on a shower so I can't be of much help. With my son we did it about 10 weeks before my due date but it was out of state so we had to plan a little different. I think you'll have plenty of time to get what you need!
    @sarcat87 - I had a fancy bassinet with my son and he hated sleeping in it. With this one, I'm just planning on using the pack n play with their bassinet attachment. We still take the pack N play with us when we travel within driving distance for my 2 year old to sleep in. We've gotten so much more use out of it that I thought. 
    @ami500 - did you guys do the bloodwork around 13 weeks that would have looked for any of those disorders?I would think if you guys did that your ob would be fine. I wonder what their protocal for baby will be if for some reason your fiance is a carrier too. 
    @wiseh - how long is your maternity leave since you are already heading out in a week? So lucky!

Due date/W+D:  6/21 - 23w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit

Any appointments? Questions?: - nothing until March 14. 

Rants/Raves?:  finally been feeling baby more regularly! I have an anterior placenta this time so I didn't feel anything for so long. Not super stoked about the sciatic pain I've had the last few days. 

How are you feeling?: Definitely feeling better than I was. 

GTKY - If you can live in a tv sitcom, which one would it be? - The office is such a go to for me that I feel like that would be fun. I'm kinda with @holyboobsbatman except I'd just want to be a judge to eat all of the food! or maybe live in a travel show and see the world that way. 

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 I’ve done a whole bunch of blood tests since the beginning. They all came back normal or negative for any disorders for baby but they noticed that my hemoglobin was low, since I’m normally sitting at about 10-11 for as long as I can remember. The only thing is that I didn’t know before this pregnancy that I had beta thalassemia trait. My pcp always told me it was just iron deficiency anemia. It wasn’t until one of my blood tests came back with my hemoglobin at 9, that my OB had my hemoglobin tested and found out I’ve got beta thal. After that they labeled me as high risk. They told us that if my fiancé is a carrier there is a higher chance baby will have the trait as well. If it’s just me, baby probably won’t inherit it. This is my first so it’s been on heck of a time going from each doctors appointment then getting tests done. 
  • @ami500 - what a hassle for you to have to go through. I would think with all of the blood tests, your ob would feel more confident about passing it on. Maybe they are just trying to be extra cautious on your account to make sure you are still ok throughout the entire pregnancy. I'd say better safe than sorry. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • wisehwiseh member
    @Griffin5413 beta thal isn't standard on the genetic screening. You need to do either a CVS or amnio to diagnose it in utero and if her fiance isn't also a carrier then there is no chance her baby could have the major version.

I've just been reading up on it again though @ami500 and I reckon you should ask your doctor what he'd do if your partner did have beta thal minor because it might not be worth getting your fiance tested if it's going to be $$$... The most meaningful time to get tested would have been prior to pregnancy or in the first trimester so if he does have it then you find out if your baby does early on and then make informed decisions about whether to continue the pregnancy or not. At this point though, I don't really think there's any point. I really don't understand why they're so concerned about your baby having just thal minor though. You've managed to get to whatever age you are without any issues, so have thousands of other people. It's only if your baby has thal major that it would ever be a long term issue. I'm so sorry that your doctors are causing so much more stress by labeling you as high risk for something that is not even considered as a risk in Australia.

@Griffin5413 I've got 12 months maternity leave but I also have 8 weeks of annual leave up my sleeve. Unfortunately though my mat leave coverage doesn't start until April so I will be working remotely until 34 weeks after the move.

• Due date/W+D: June 3/26w 3d

Baby is the size of: kale

Appointments: Nothing until April 9th. Seems so far away! Passed my 3 GD test (so happy) but still supposed to be getting assigned a nutritionist. Waiting to hear more.

Rants/raves: Pregnancy brain...is real. I'm at a hard training course this week for work and let me just say today was a day where my brain just would forget what I said mid sentence or what someone said 5 seconds ago. I'm usually great with memory but man today was rough.

Also feeling a ton of strong movement this week which is great!

How are you feeling? I think I have sciatica pain on my right butt. I tend to waddle or limp when I first stand up then it goes away after I move around for awhile. 

GTKY-sitcom: I want to say Friends but I also kind of what to have the Modern Family cast be my family. 
  • @wiseh the thing is my fiancé already has one kid and he’s going to be 6 in May. He’s like the child is okay and don’t have any issues, so why bother getting tested? He even told them like I do have a son from a prior relationship and he turned out okay. They still were like well you should get tested still. As you said lots of people have gone through it and worse case scenario little one will have the minor version which they would probably catch early anyways. Guess they wanted to be extra sure and careful. I just don’t think they deal with it that often if they had to send me out to another hospital to get the anatomy scan done. 
  • @wiseh - that's incredible that you get a year off! I get 16 weeks which in the US is a lot of time. Hopefully some day employers will finally get everything that goes into that first year with a baby and adjust accordingly! 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Due date/W+D: June 30/22+5

Baby is the size of a(n): hedgehog 

Any appointments? Questions?: Had my A/S yesterday. Baby measured a day ahead (first time I think that's ever happened for any of my babies) & looked perfect.

Rants/Raves?: We get to find out the sex tomorrow! I'm so excited!

How are you feeling?: Still tired, but I think I feel the nesting instinct starting to kick in.

GTKY - If you can live in a tv sitcom, which one would it be? Probably New Girl because I love the characters in that show.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • @lmcw welcome back! Wishing you a speedy recovery and a smooth remainder of your pregnancy. 
  • wisehwiseh member
    Hey @lmcw we’re twins! I had an ovarian cyst removed at 16 weeks, though mine was only 6cm it was starting to twist and causing me a lot of pain. It’s honestly the worst recovery and our bodies take so much longer to heal because they’re spending so much energy growing our babies. Did you have yours done laparoscopy or abdominal surgery? I had a laparoscopy but the incision they took the cyst out developed a large haematoma underneath it and I couldn’t be in a car for long periods of time because the seatbelt kept aggravating it 😪 it took about 6-8 weeks post op for me to start to feel better so hang in there and know that it does get better!!
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @holyboobsbatman Thanks! That was more than enough excitement for this pregnancy, I will take a very boring last few months please!

@wiseh That’s crazy you had the same thing! We didn’t even find mine until I had an early ultrasound for viability at 7 weeks and it was about 10cm at that point, so I can only assume it was there long before I was pregnant. Thankfully mine wasn’t twisting (frankly it was too big) but the size meant it was putting so much pressure on everything and causing pain that way, and it was taking up space that our boy needed. It was so weird, half my stomach was like a regular rounded baby bump, and then the other half was this distinct bulge; like it was so big we could feel it through my abdomen. I had to have an open laparotomy because it was too big to take out laparoscopically, so boo to that. Sorry to hear your recovery took so long, I was worried I was getting an infection but thankfully everything looked good at my follow up. I hope you’re doing better now!! Thanks for the feedback; this recovery is more difficult than I expected and last week was really awful, but this week has been better and I think (hope...wish...) I’m starting to turn around. Just hoping for no more surprises!!
  • wisehwiseh member
    @lmcw they’re actually more likely to twist if they’re big! My gyno said he’s had a patient he knew had an ovarian cyst through her whole pregnancy that was 21cm, so if you were in pain I’d think your cyst was probably twisting. Also, your cyst is actually the remaining sack from the follicle that released the egg that made your baby! I was reading into it when they found my cyst (in ED at 5 weeks) and the follicle that releases your egg turns into a cyst that produces progesterone and keeps your baby alive until the placenta takes over at 8-12 weeks. Normally they don’t get larger than 5cm and they reabsorb after 12 weeks, but in rare cases like ours they grow larger than that and they don’t reabsorb and have to be surgically removed. 
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @wiseh so funny how different doctors have a different take on the same (or similar) issue! My family doc didn't think the cyst would be an issue (he literally called it "a second passenger, along for the ride"), first appointment with my OB he says yeah we're going to have to take that out! I asked my OB straight out about it twisting or rupturing because H and I were hoping to squeeze in a vacation, and he said it was extremely unlikely that it would do either so saw no problem with me traveling...and then surgery was scheduled before we were able to book anything!

I've had a history of fluid-filled ovarian cysts from the follicles, usually they grow a couple cm and then burst on their own; feels like I've been stabbed because the fluid irritates the abdominal cavity, but a couple Advil and half a day in bed and it's usually over. This one was definitely NOT fluid (thankfully all clear from pathology) but my OB suspects it was there from before I got pregnant. Most likely I had a small cyst going and then the pregnancy hormones fed it even further. I'm just glad it's gone!