June 2019 Moms

Small Victories!

I wanted to start a thread for people to brag about little wins in their lives. Just a place for you to say, "this may be insignificant to everyone else, but it's a big deal to me!"

- Did you catch some maternity clothes on clearance? Small victory!
- Finally picked out a color for the nursery? Small victory!
- Managed to do the laundry without falling asleep? That's actually a pretty huge deal!

So go ahead and tell the world what's got your so excited today!

Re: Small Victories!

• wisehwiseh member
    I managed to sleep for a solid 6 hours last night! I haven’t slept that long at a time since before I got pregnant. It was so glorious. 
  • Loading the player...
  • After weeks of badgering from family, I finally started a registry! (There's like 3 things on the, but I'm making progress!) I'm a FTM and have no idea what I'm doing (suggestions for what's necessary/ what's BS are very welcome), but it's fun to look at all the baby things. 
    Also we put a roomba on there. Really hoping someone gets that for us. 
  • @holyboobsbatman I had three of my friends that had babies within the past 3 years give me a list of things that they used/didn’t use. It was really helpful for me to see what moms actually go through rather than what lists online tell you, you need. Of course everyone is different but it was nice to be given somewhat of a checklist and what they thought of the products. If you would like I can send you a list! I can try compiling them together. 
  • @ami500 that would be great! I have one friend who also offered to look over my registry before we make it live, but I'll take all the help I can get. 
  • @holyboobsbatman sent you a DM! It was too long to post and I didn’t want to create a block of text here.
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @ami500 @holyboobsbatman I took a look back through the threads from the last few months and didn't see anything, so would it make sense to start a dedicated registry discussion? I'm guessing we all have friends and family members who've given recommendations on baby gear, and hopefully there are still some STM+ around who might be able to chime in on what's good value/life saver/totally unnecessary? My registry is a shambles right now!

Small victory: I now own about a million neutral onesies in many sizes because Gymboree is going out of business! I'm disappointed they're shutting down and feel for the folks who are loosing jobs...but I am also not going to pass up the chance to get baby clothes marked way down.
  • @ami500 You're too sweet, thank you!

@lmcw go for it! I'm sure other moms would also appreciate a registry thread. And that's awesome for you/sad for Gymboree, but good job on scoring a huge sale!
  • I finally got a positive digital pregnancy test! After all this weight gain!