April 2019 Moms
Options

Let’s see your nursery

Post pics of your nursery for your LO. I’m not quite done but did tear up when we got the crib together earlier today. I’d love to see what everyone else is doing. 

Re: Let’s see your nursery

• Options
    I’m so excited about this thread! Thank you for starting it. We’re not really finished either but I may take a photo later this week once my mom leaves.
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Options
    I’ll be back in like a month. Lol. But can’t wait to see everyone’s. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We’re so close to being finished with decorating!  I just need to get a rug and a saying for the wall then I’ll post pics.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @Kflanders24 that looks so cool!! Did you free hand or just a stencil? 
  • Options
    @Kflanders24 that looks so cool!! Did you free hand or just a stencil? 
    Its was free hand, I tried looking for things online but could mostly only find photos so I just went for it! I was shocked and awed it came out so good and I had no major melt downs. Just took it slow and planned out my next moves carefully. I had a big 5 gallon thing for super light grey paint that was are using in our large living area, and then I bought a quart of dark grey and quart of that sage green and just mixed them together in different amounts for the colors in between. 
  • Options
    @keliser I think we may have the same changing table
  • Options
    @Kflanders24 that looks amazing!! 

I can’t wait to see what everyone has done! 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I can't wait to see either!  No nursery here, since baby girl will be in a bassinet in our room at first and then share DD's room (which is also the library and home office, sad face.)  But I can live vicariously through all of you and plan to thoroughly enjoy it!
  • Options
    @TheSouffleGirl similar situation here.
    We're downstairs in the office now since our 2 story house has only 1 bathroom which is downstairs (I'm not risking a fall in the middle of the night when I go pee). After baby is born and I'm recovered, we'll move back upstairs with the baby to our old bedroom. Then once I don't need to feed her in the middle of the night, she'll be in her side of our bedroom. The entire 2nd floor of our house is 1 bedroom in an "L" shape. She'll be in one end and and we'll be in the other end for proximity with privacy. So we haven't bothered making any of those areas into a beautiful nursery, but I live vicariously. :-)
  • Options
    I think the changing table looks great where you have it, @mermaidca!

And @rennie1108, I love your colors!  That blue is similar to one of the samples we're trying (and we're doing white/gray accents also), although DS1 picked out a shade of purple/blue that honestly I think we'll like the best, haha.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt Thanks! I really like it, although it is a LOT of teal. I'm trying to find more white accents (like a lamp) to contrast all the teal and gray. I didn't realize how gray the carpet was until I got the gray furniture lol.

@mermaidca I really like that color and lamp. And the changing table doesn't look that big, although I know pics can be deceiving.
  • Options
    @mermaidca I looove that color green!! Definitely a fav of mine at the moment.

Currently, our nursery is a bit messy since we really just moved in and I've still got a few showers coming up, so hopefully I'll get some pictures up next week ☺️
  • Options
    Thanks @frenchfrymama!  Our friend who works at a paint store that we got the paint through tried talking me out of painting the entire room that colour because it's so dark.  I just love it though.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @kosmo86 it is so beautiful!!!  What a lucky babe.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @kosmo86 I LOVE that color!!
  • Options
    Love it, @kosmo86!

You guys... GUYS.  We officially have paint on the walls.  And yeah, our house will definitely never be an HGTV showcase (walls aren't even, drywall seams aren't smooth, etc) but I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED that there is finally painting done.  For anyone interested, here are the three colors we're picking from for the final color... opinions?  The carpet will probably be dark, and we have a white/gray rocker and I'll be painting white birch trees on one wall (and the closet isn't really brown, just weird lighting from the angle).

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kosmo86:  Love the colors and theme!  You also definitely win the "match your userpic" contest. ;-)

@kangstadt: Oooh, could we get a wider shot?  I like the middle color best by itself, but am wondering if I'd like the lightest in the room as a whole. 
  • Options
    @TheSouffleGirl, I tried to get a wide shot, but the room itself is only 10ft x 10ft, so it's hard with my cell.  There's a window to the left and a closet to the right of that shot.  Here is one of the other side of the room (again, lighting sucks, the room only has that one half window because it's technically basement level, the walls are just pure white right now).

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt I love the top two! DD says she likes the lightest (if you want a 5.5 year olds opinion lol)
  • Options
    @kangstadt I vote for the lightest color if you are going with dark carpet and white accents :) pretty!
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @kangstadt: Yeah, I think I like the lightest with that carpet and window height/placement!  And I want to see the birch trees when you're done!
  • Options
    @kangstadt I vote top left color, the lightest, because in evening light and at night it will still be bright.
  • Options
    @kangstadt - I like the top left too. I would only do the darkest as an accent wall. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    @kangstadt Considering it's very similar to mine like you mentioned, I vote for the top left as well!
  • Options
    @kangstadt i like the lightest, the darker two will shrink the room. But I love the middle color too, I’d probably pull it in as accents. 
  • Options
    @kangstadt I like the top 2. Maybe the lightest for the whole room and the middle color for the wall that will be the background for your birch trees? 
  • Options
    @kangstadt. Another vote for the lighter color.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @kangstadt add another vote for the lightest color!
  • Options
    @jlklec19 That looks like the same crib I picked 😊 love it!
  • Options
    All your nurseries look so cute! Our baby is starting out in the guest room that already has a queen sized bed in it until we can have our basement developed in a couple of years, so we’ll see how this goes. We have a bassinet that can be in our room or wherever for the first little while, then we’ll have to figure out how to cram a crib into her room!