October 2019 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating 2/13

Re: What my pregnant self is eating 2/13

• grapeskittles4lyfe said:
    I think the European Union has more foodie-friendly rules and regulations here ;)
    Would you believe me if I told you that the rules you are told here are actually provider dependent based on the guidelines produced by the American Board?

I nuke the rare lunch meat I eat more because it’s usually been sitting out than because I have to. It’s never been a thing. I can eat sushi provided i avoid high mercury fish and go to reputable places. I can also have a half glass of red wine weekly come 2nd tri. Both my MWs and past OB are/were okay with it.
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • cmbt2 said:

I nuke the rare lunch meat I eat more because it’s usually been sitting out than because I have to. It’s never been a thing. I can eat sushi provided i avoid high mercury fish and go to reputable places. I can also have a half glass of red wine weekly come 2nd tri. Both my MWs and past OB are/were okay with it.
    These were the rules doc ok'd for me last pregnancy too. And same with the cheeses. As long as it said pasteurized on it, it's fine. I got the weirdest craving last time for hot dogs with gorgonzola cheese crumbled on top. They were sooooo good. (Ok, maybe the hot dog itself wasn't purely "kosher").

Pretty sure that Arby's Beef 'n' Cheddar is on tomorrow's lunch menu for me. And I was doing so good with bringing my lunches 😭
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a salad at lunch and had to have the waitress bring two different dressings because I couldn’t decide which one I wanted. I switched every couple of bites 😆
  • edited February 2019
    Craving subway with jalapenos every day... I gave in twice in the last two weeks, hopefully this craving takes a hike very soon. 
  • With my first, the doctor told me that deli meat was ok if it was sliced fresh daily or to-order. So that still ruled out Subway and places like that, but I could get a deli sandwich from a higher end place that sliced their own meat. I would always ask each time I ordered just to double check it was sliced that day. It was easier when I started to show so I had a reason for being a super high-maintenance customer! 
  • I had a salad at lunch and had to have the waitress bring two different dressings because I couldn’t decide which one I wanted. I switched every couple of bites 😆
    This made me LOL! Pregnancy makes us do crazy things! 
  • Cinnamon raisin toast with teddies peanut butter. I hate cinnamon raisin so this is a weird craving for me
  • Snaps816 said:
    With my first, the doctor told me that deli meat was ok if it was sliced fresh daily or to-order. So that still ruled out Subway and places like that, but I could get a deli sandwich from a higher end place that sliced their own meat. I would always ask each time I ordered just to double check it was sliced that day. It was easier when I started to show so I had a reason for being a super high-maintenance customer! 
    Great, now I want an Italian BMT. Guess I’m hitting subway tomorrow (I have them toast the meat)
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • I've been craving green veggies which is funny because I normally hate veggies and salad. Went to dinner last night and had grilled chicken with zucchini noodles, omg craving it again already lol. Came home from work today and ate a whole green pepper😂. Tmrw morning I plan to make a veggie omelet.
    Really trying to steer clear of sweets and fried foods. First pregnancy so just worried, maybe I'm being over conscious? Even have avoided canned foods and frozen foods which is making me nuts right now because I get so hungry and want to eat now, not in 20 minutes lol.
    Any tips on foods that they say to avoid but are really ok (i.e. deli meats, frozen foods, fast foods, etc)
  • Are frozen foods not okay.....?

Asking for a friend (who ate frozen chicken nuggets for dinner)
  • galentine said:
    Are frozen foods not okay.....?

Asking for a friend (who ate frozen chicken nuggets for dinner)
    Not sure, like I said, being pretty cautious. Googled frozen foods today and it said steer clear😕
  • ... I mean, I ate plenty of frozen foods last time 🤷🏾‍♀️
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @cmbt2 I had a BMT for lunch...was having a super nauseous day and it was the perfect remedy @galentine @stargazer102519 I’ve never heard to avoid frozen foods? What’s the reason given?
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited February 2019
    @melanier26, no clue on the reason. I've never heard before that frozen food (ETA and canned food apparently) is off limits.
  • Raspberries. All the raspberries. We're going to be flat broke by the time the baby gets here due to my raspberry consumption. 

Also, avoiding frozen food? WHAT?!
  • @Snaps816 ohmygosh me too! R and I demolished a double pack in like 4 hours 😬😂

Also, never heard of this frozen/canned food no-no thing... Wouldn't it be fine if it gets cooked? I did know someone who got salmonella from eating frozen corn straight from the bag 🙃 
  • I've been craving green veggies which is funny because I normally hate veggies and salad. Went to dinner last night and had grilled chicken with zucchini noodles, omg craving it again already lol. Came home from work today and ate a whole green pepper😂. Tmrw morning I plan to make a veggie omelet.
    Really trying to steer clear of sweets and fried foods. First pregnancy so just worried, maybe I'm being over conscious? Even have avoided canned foods and frozen foods which is making me nuts right now because I get so hungry and want to eat now, not in 20 minutes lol.
    Any tips on foods that they say to avoid but are really ok (i.e. deli meats, frozen foods, fast foods, etc)
    Eat it. Frankly, many moms have to live off fast food and frozen food in 1st tri. Just don’t go to some hole in the wall no one heard of

Just nuke the deli meat for 30s if you get concerned or if it’s left out. Sushi from a reputable place and avoid the high mercury fish. 

In reality, you are more likely to get listeria from salads than you are deli meat or sushi lately. 

I’m not a sweets person, but diet caffeine free soda has been my friend when I can’t get any other liquid down. Sweets become an issue if/when GD becomes an issue or if you have pre-existing diabetes/are borderline diabetic. (GD screen/tests are at the 28w mark)
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • My go to with DS and with this pregnancy is a cinnamon eggo waffle spread with butter first thing in the morning. It’s rare that I will skip a day. 
  • I've entered into I'm hungry but literally nothing sounds good. I usually enjoy meal planning for the week and I can't come up with one thing to put on my list. 
  • LMMama said:
    I've entered into I'm hungry but literally nothing sounds good. I usually enjoy meal planning for the week and I can't come up with one thing to put on my list. 
    Me too!! I’m currently perusing Pinterest trying to find some inspiration. The only things that look remotely good are all very carb heavy and/or unhealthy. 
  • What's this about frozen foods I'm reading? I exist on frozen foods. Is the issue listeria in frozen veggies? I think there are people who don't heat them long enough or enough and just let them thaw, which is what gets them in trouble. 

• Main concern from what I read high sodium, nitrates, not cooking properly, and lack in being very healthy :/.
    I dunno, if they are really ok I'm on board on getting them! I've just been overly worried about eating the wrong thing.
  • I think in moderation, frozen food is just fine, just like most other things. Just be sure to cook it all the way. And those who are watching their sodium should limit it. For example, if you have a lot of swelling or high BP, frozen meals are probably not the best option.
  • sorarose said:
    What's this about frozen foods I'm reading? I exist on frozen foods. Is the issue listeria in frozen veggies? I think there are people who don't heat them long enough or enough and just let them thaw, which is what gets them in trouble. 
    I only eat peas frozen 🤷🏼‍♀️ They’ve not once said it’s an issue
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • I just went to Trader Joe's and spent about $100 in frozen meals so I have something to eat quickly when I feel hungry enough to eat and not nauseous enough to throw up. 

Oops 🤦🤷
  • This morning I ate tater tots with goat cheese 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
  • I'm craving and eating the junk food of my childhood: frozen chicken nuggets and spaghetti-os. And I had Gushers today, which I haven't eaten in probably 15 or 20 years. SO GOOD.
  • Coworker gave me a blue raspberry jolly rancher this morning (forgot my preggie drops) to help settle my stomach. It worked and tasted sooooo good. I just grabbed another from her lol. 
  • Coworker gave me a blue raspberry jolly rancher this morning (forgot my preggie drops) to help settle my stomach. It worked and tasted sooooo good. I just grabbed another from her lol. 
    I keep meaning to pick them up. That's how I got through the MS with my last pregnancy. I had to be religious with the tooth brushing though, lol.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • So I had a burger with Mac and cheese for the past two nights and felt so awful after eating last night/and still this morning that I outlawed them for the rest of pregnancy. 

We are going to my inlaws for dinner tonight. And they are serving burgers and Mac and cheese. What are the odds. 
  • @LMMama, NOOOOO that sucks!!!

@prpl11butterfly, I have jolly ranchers at my desk at work for when nausea hits, but I have been too scared to eat the blue ones. The last thing I need is to go into a big meeting with blue teeth.
  • Having strange cravings for foods I normally avoid like the plague, for example orange juice, mayonnaise, butter, sugary breakfast cereal, frozen peaches. Cannot be near the following: octopus, coffee, soy sauce, garlic (like literally disgusted by actual garlic cloves). DH finds so amusing. 
  • @jenferlee82 eggs are so healthy at least!
  • Omg @galentine spaghettios??  Def getting these next time I’m at the store!!   
  • Egg rolls and Asian chicken lettuce wraps.  I can’t get enough of them!!  

@galentine spaghettios sound SO good!  🤤
  • galentine said:
    I'm craving and eating the junk food of my childhood: frozen chicken nuggets and spaghetti-os. And I had Gushers today, which I haven't eaten in probably 15 or 20 years. SO GOOD.
    I've been eating spaghettios more during this pregnancy than I have in the past two decades. I can't get enough!

Also, regular goldfish crackers. They have been heaven sent for my nausea. And so yummy!

Sea salt and malt vinegar kettle chips. Omg! 😍

Veggie and cheese sandwiches with chipotle mayo. I don't usually eat sandwiches, but I want them almost every day.

Also Triscuits. Any kind. 😋
  • @ebcmoon Sandwiches have been great. I feel good about getting some protein while eating carbs which help my nausea (usually)
  • fit-mom2bfit-mom2b member
    edited February 2019
    Haven’t been craving a lot, but have been loving anything savory. Usually a big sweets person and I can’t stand the thought of desserts/sweets right now! Most days I can eat normally, but Banza mac n cheese and baked chicken tenders have been a life saver when nothing sounds good :blush:
  • galentine said:
    I'm craving and eating the junk food of my childhood: frozen chicken nuggets and spaghetti-os. And I had Gushers today, which I haven't eaten in probably 15 or 20 years. SO GOOD.
    OMG Gushers. Every time my friend whose husband is in the AF goes on base I have her bring me goldfish, cheezits, lucky charms....and gushers. No shame in my Expat cravings game.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• I have been craving Popeye’s chicken wings for some reason. And I didn’t pack lunch today because nothing looked good so I may very well get some, even though I’ll probably regret it later 😬
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker