Infertility
Options

January 2019 FET

Re: January 2019 FET

• Options
    @lwalsh87 good luck today!! My appointment is not until 1:30 arrrgh
    @ittybittybug-2 thank you for the well wishes <3 I totally understand the need to for time off. My levels took like 2 months to drop last September. Are you going to have a sonohystogram or saline sono? That usually helps flush everything out as well, my RE office required it prior to any further treatment. 
    @manders85-2 Tired is good! and brown spotting is totally normal. Just think of it as the little one snuggling in :)
  • Options
    lwalsh87lwalsh87 member
    edited February 2019
    Oh no I'm so sorry @ittybittybug-2. Take the time you need to grieve. Thinking of you. <3 What are your next steps?
    @manders85-2 So glad there is no more spotting! Enjoy Colorado. Love love love it there. My brother went to the Air Force in Colorado. Loved to visit. 
    @leilee101Good luck at the hospital today!

AFMI had my 7 week 1 day ultrasound today. Baby is growing well and I heard the heartbeat of 136. The sonographer said it was a strong heartbeat. I have my first appointment with my OB at the end of next week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck @leilee101!

congrats on the good sono @lwalsh87
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Options
    @leilee101 I hadn’t seen it! Just responded. I’m so happy for you!!

TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Options
    @leilee101 I am so happy for you!!!!!  Congrats!! <3

Me: 34  DH: 36

Married: 6 years

TTC: 6 years

Diagnosis: Male Factor

4 Failed I.U.I's with Clomid in 2017 

Retreival #1: 12/17= 9 eggs, 6 fertilized, 2 frozen 5dp

Fresh Transfer #1: 12/17- BFN

FET #1: 3/18- CP   Beta #1= 30 & Beta #2= 26

Retreival #2: 6/18= 16 eggs, 10 fertilized, 5 frozen 6dp

FET #2: 7/18 - M/C at 9 weeks    Beta #1= 229 & Beta #2= 444

FET #3: scheduled for 12/7/18  M/C at 7 weeks  :'(  Beta #1 = 50, Beta # 2 = 115, Beta #3 = 301

FET #4:  scheduled for 8/16/19

• Options
    @leilee101 what a great ultrasound!! Amazing heartbeats and measurements! I forget - do you know the gender already or are you waiting to find out?? 

@lwalsh87 yay for the 7 week ultrasound and strong HB! Such good news.

Do you ladies think we could hear a heartbeat at our first U/S on 2/25? I'll be 6w4days so I know it could be too early but there's a chance?? 

@ittybittybug-2, so sorry about the D&C, beta hell and looking at Dec due dates. I always HATE that part of the process, looking at birth dates moving farther and farther out. I can't count the number of due dates we 'planned on' during all the IUIs, first transfer, 2 MCs. UGH! It just sucks. 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Options
    @manders85-2 thank you! Hope to see you on the other side very soon :) You very well might see a hb at 6+4, it's just getting started around that time tho - I think it starts in between 6 and 7 weeks. So if you don't see it don't freak out. There should be a gestational sac, yolk sac and fetal pole and hopefully a heartbeat. Praying so hard for you!!
  • Options
    Lots of goodnstuff on here! Itty- hugs
    AFM- beta went from 13sp5dt 35 to 50 to 75 in ten days. Not a viable pregnancy and being treated as suspected ectopic. Going for MTX shot tomorrow. I’m broken and feel like an utter failure. I was ok with knowing it wouldn’t work but this agonizing drawn out process ending with the worst case scenario is just awful. I’m so tired from all this. 

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

suspected ectopic 10/17 - methotrexate

suspected ectopic 2/18 - methotrextate

DX - unexplained/old eggs

ER June 2017 - 13 retr, 10 fert, 5 to PGS, 1 normal, 1 mosaic

FET week of 8/13 - cancelled

• Options
    @knottienj I’m so sorry girl, I know how much these hits hurt ..and it’s not like they get easier the more you take them, just worse. I would also rather get a straight BFN than a drawn out process, I hope taking the shot helps to speed things up for you. Did you talk to genetic counselor about your last mosaic embryo? Sending love and hope your way ❤️
  • Options
    We got bad news this week at the 10w U/S. 7w U/S was great, but by 10w no HB and looks like growth stopped around w8. No MC symptoms other than I had several dreams I was no longer pregnant (I thought it was just my fears running wild).
    We have a lot of embryos on ice, but none were PGS tested. We will test to see what went wrong this time. I’m worried about damaging the embryos with testing, but also worried this will happen again.
    I haven’t really processed this yet. The few friends & family who know are trying to rush to provide support, but it’s hard when none have been through infertility.
  • Options
    @LauraJon2015 oh my god I am so sorry to hear this. I know exactly how you are feeling and wouldn't wish this pain on anyone. Sending you hope and healing during this unimaginable pain <3

I would have serious discussions with your doctor about dethawing, testing, and refreezing the remaining embryos. I have heard that it can really damage the embryos but obviously I am not a doctor and that is the opinion that matters most, but def do your research. Hugs <3
  • Options
    Oh no, @LauraJon2015 . This is such devastating news. I'm so so sorry you're going through this. It is a good thing you have some embryos on ice so you don't have to go through stims again but this is never easy and I wish you didn't have to deal with all of the feelings associated with a MC. Wishing you the best during this incredibly difficult time. 
    TTC History in Spolier:
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Options
    Thanks @manders85-2 @leilee101
    I didn’t realize but Dr says I need to wait at least 2 months after miscarriage is done until we can try again, to let things finish healing up.
  • Options
    @LauraJon2015 After my MC, my levels took a while to drop and as soon as they hit 0 I tried to start immediately again. This resulted in back-to-back cancelled cycles because my uterus was just taking a while to recover. So in hindsight, I wish I had just waited it out instead of getting my hopes up only to be cancelled etc. The body needs time to heal, even if the mind is determined. If you are able to take some sort of vacation, even if it just a long weekend get away, I recommend that wholeheartedly 
  • Options
    @leilee101 Congratulations on strong HB! That's awesome!
    @manders85-2 I'm sure you will see the heartbeat, FX for you!
    @LauraJon2015 So sorry girl, this is so hard to go through. I hope next time you'll get your LO  <3

AFM I had a bad bleed this week, scared me a lot. I went to the RE. They found the general area from where it was coming. So now I'm on no lifting and no strength exercises. Taking it super easy. They increased my progesterone because it dropped. They said that bleeding is very common with multiples, so as blood levels changes, and there is no explanation. But they also showed me my Beans: #1 is 6w6d with 132HB and #2 is 6w3d with 102HB. So the LOs are on track, I just need to heal that area of hemorrhaging.  
  • Options
    lwalsh87lwalsh87 member
    edited February 2019
    @dukie001 thinking of you! Take it easy. 

Afm-So, I had a little bit of pink spotting. I couldn’t get in contact with my doctor so I went to the er. I have been in the er for seven hours. All they have done is taken blood. I have been waiting on a sonogram and a rhogam shot this entire time. It’s now four in the morning. And the doctor says to me spotting can be Normal in early pregnancy or it could meannur having a miscarriage.... wow thanks for that information dr I had no idea. Fingers crossed that this babies heart is still beating. I’m so scared. 
  • Options
    @lwalsh87 What a nightmare! I hope Today goes better for you. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
  • Options
    @dukie001 and @lwalsh87 I know how scary bleeding is but it can definitely be perfectly normal!! @lwalsh87 how did everything turn out ?? I hate the ER, hope it was just a precaution and everything is fine in there, keep us posted.. thinking of you ❤️
  • Options
    lwalsh87lwalsh87 member
    edited February 2019
    It turns out everything is pretty much ok. After a very long ultrasound (15-20 mins) with no reaction from the technician, the hospital notes say the heartbeat is 154 and the baby is fine. I do have a subchorionic hemorrhage which is what caused the spotting. The doctor said they usually are absorbed back into the body. I got my rhogam shot. Looks like i will be taking it real easy.

I hope everyone is doing well!
  • Options
    @lwalsh87 what a relief!! I’m going to join you and @dukie001 on the trend of bleeding and going to the hospital. Last night I was having shooting lower back pain (like sciatica nerve pain).. I woke up this morning and it was like a light period, immediately went to the ER. They got me right in and ultrasound showed all good, measuring at 8+2 and hb of 175. They could not find the source of the bleed, so that part makes me nervous. I am resting now and just praying that it’s the LO snuggling in and not the start of another MC. They want me to follow up with my dr this week to make sure hcg is rising (it’s at 92k today ). Praying for all of us!!
  • Options
    Jeez. What in the world is going on?! So crazy with all of us. I wonder if the bleeding has something to do with being on baby asprin? Are you ladies on baby asprin as well?
  • Options
    Whoa! Take care @leilee101 that’s super scary. I’m so glad everything is ok with you though and with @lwalsh87

i hope I’m not next! First Ultrasound is just 2 days away on Monday!  🤞🏻🤞🏻
    TTC History in Spolier:

• Options
    @lwalsh87 I’m not in baby aspirin. The hospital said a lot of women just bleed especially in the first tri. Last night after I had laid around all day and throughly the bleeding had stopped, I stood up and a GUSH of bright red blood came out. It was terrifying and I have no idea what’s going on, just hoping for the best 

@manders85-2 so excited for your US tomorrow! Everything is going to be perfect ❤️
  • Options
    Hey girls!
    @leilee101 I hope you are feeling better and bleeding has stopped. Sometimes after bleeding stops, some of the blood just working its way out. And it may take some time.
    At this point, I'm just trusting my Doc who said that it happens but to take it easy because he doesn't want it to happen again. I'm literally not doing anything, just being a super lazy couch potato.
    @lwalsh87 I'm on baby aspirin, but I'm really hesitant to take it now. 
    @manders85-2 Can't wait to hear about your u/s. I'm sure you'll get great news. 

How is yours all appetite? I'm struggling to eat, I think I even lost a couple lbs. The sense of smell is acting up too. For example, I like the taste of pickles, but I can't stand their smell?! How weird is that? 
  • Options
    @dukie001 I’m with you on having a hard time eating. Nothing really sounds good for the most part. I can usually do breakfast no problem but, lunch and dinner are difficult. I don’t eat bread or pasta or crackers bc of the folic acid so I feel limited in what I can eat thatnos super bland. Hopefully, this eating thing gets easier for us. 
  • Options
    @lwalsh87 Can you explain more about folic acid? Do you have too much of it or something?
  • Options
    @milkstash When I did the reoccuring pregnancy loss panel I found out I have MTHFR. (Compound Heterozygous) MTHFR, which is short for methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase, is an enzyme which helps in numerous important processes, including processing amino acids and converting the vitamin B9 (folate) to a usable form. This affects your cardiovasular system, hormones, metabolism, and detoxification." Essentially I can not process folic in the synthetic form. I have switched to methylated folate prenatal vitamins, I have cut out processed foods and anything with folic acid (enriched or fortified foods) and I have to detox level times a week by dry brushing, going to the gym and sweating etc. Depending on the type of MTHFR you have it can also affect blood clotting. Many doctors do not believe that MTHFR is a factor in miscarriage or that it matters at all. I have found 2 doctors who strongly believe that it has an affect. I encourage you to look into it. Since I  have switched to methylated (L-Methyfolate/ Thorne) vitamins I have no more anxiety, i have lost 13 pounds and kept it off and I overall feel more healthy. 
  • Options
    @lwalsh87 Thanks for so much detail! Definitely something to consider in the future. Currently right smack in the middle of a stimulation cycle, but next time we're doing a wtf, will definitely bring it up!
  • Options
    @milkstash good luck with stims!
  • Options
    @manders85 GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!! Thinking all the happy thoughts for you ... keep us posted :) 
  • Options
    Bad news, ladies. The ultrasound today was terrible. They saw a gestational sac measuring right where we are but no fetal pole. He said we should stop meds and we'll hopefully miscarry naturally within two weeks. Feeling stunned. This was a genetically tested embryo but he thinks it was issues with the embryo? How can that be? Curious if anyone has had experience with this. This is right when we found out our natural pregnancy didn't make it either.
    TTC History in Spolier:

• Options
    @manders85-2 ugh. I’d been following this board since I did a January IVF cycle. There’s nothing I can say. Im so sorry for your loss. Im going through my first miscarriage (this is my first pregnancy) after my first round of IVF and I was so rooting for you (and of course the rest of the ladies). 

Multiple RE’s that I’ve talked to at my appointments say that most miscarriages are chromosomal (but mine is more of a chemical pregnancy and untested blastocyst). I don’t get how yours could be w normal PGS. Can you test the tissue? And maybe get testing done for recurrent pregnancy loss like balanced translocations in you and your husband and any autoimmune/ clotting antibodies/ issues?

I want to tell you not to give up even though you’re going through so much. Even with multiple losses, chances are high that you’ll have a baby. 💖🌈
  • Options
    @manders85-2 damn girl... I am so so sorry to see this update. I have no words for you but please know I am sending all the strength and hope as you process this loss.

I have no idea about the PGS testing blasts other than I have seen others in the same situation as you, and it just does not seem like PGS testing is a guarantee. It should certainly increase your chances though, and I know it's no consolation right now (I know because everyone said the same thing to me when I was going through this) - but that fact that you are actually getting pregnant is a very good sign and I have every faith in the world that you will have your take home baby someday. Agreed with PP that getting all the RPL panels done is a good idea - some common ones I have seen are APS antibodies, MTHFR gene mutation, blood clotting disorders.. I am sure some of the women on here can give you the full list. Are you Rh negative? If so, make sure you get a Rhogam shot when you start bleeding.

DON'T GIVE UP. I will be stalking your continued journey, which I hope is a short one <3

• Options
    @manders85-2 Thinking of you. 
  • Options
    @manders85-2
    I had a friend have a similar experience with her PGS transfer. The doctor also felt it was an issue with the embryo but she later found out that she had some problems with her lining so that might have contributed, unclear.  A podcast from Beat Infertility came out about the same time as her transfer talking about why PGS normals might fail -- interesting but not helpful in alleviating the frustration. I mean, the whole reason you did PGS was to avoid this -- this seems incredibly unfair :'(   I was so excited when I saw your positive and this completely sucks. There are no words  :'(

I think it's definitely time to have a pow-wow with your doctor before doing any further transfers to make sure you are covering all your bases. Be kind to yourself. I strongly believe that you will have your own little take-home baby even though this path seems so cruel and unfair.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    Im sorry for all the bleeding scares!!

*TW*
    @manders85-2 not to give false hope, but when I went in at 6w5d, they only saw a gestational sac and no fetal pole, yolk sac, etc.  they scheduled me for a d&c the following Monday (this was a Friday) and after they put me under they did a scan to make sure and found baby there.  He’s now almost a month old.
    *end TW

I’d ask for a follow up scan just to be sure.  I’m so sorry for your stress.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• Options
    @manders85-2 @somewhereinnyc I’m so sorry you’re going through this.

@manders85-2 I watched the video linked below. In it, they talk about how the genetic testing (I assume this includes PGS) looks for big issues with the genetics, like an entire chromosome missing. There are smaller issues with the genes (e.g. chromosome translocation) that the tests won’t pick up, but could be a big enough issue for development that result in MC. Ultimately, you did everything right.

https://www.fertilityiq.com/miscarriage-and-recurrent-pregnancy-loss
  • Options
    Hi Everyone, thank you so much for your support, reassurance and information too! I have read that article, @LauraJon2015 and it certainly gives me direction when we question our doctor.

@mayflower513 thanks for your reassurance too. The doctor was so confident he said I should stop my meds so we'll see if I bleed before Monday. If not, I will ask for another scan. Thanks for sharing your story.

@mbradfo2 thanks for the podcast link! Thanks for sending. 

Feeling so bummed today though. I woke up in the middle of night feeling super low. I just feel like we're running out of options for a viable pregnancy with our supposedly high grade embryos (6) that are still sitting in a freezer. 
    TTC History in Spolier: