Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?: 

Rants/Raves?:  

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY - What’s your sign?

Re: All Group Check-in week of 2/18

• Due date/W+D:  June 20th/ 22+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Mr.Potato Head

Any appointments? Questions?: OB appointment on Wednesday. Pretty much a monthly checkup and then a follow up from the anatomy scan I got done last week. Then next week I’ve got my hematologist appointment. Last appointment with him, he told me that he wanted me to get an IV done because my hemoglobin kept dropping at each bloodtest they’ve done. 

Rants/Raves?:  This past week I went on a baby moon to Las Vegas which was very much needed. My fiancé and I work 6 days out of the week and it was just a great time to spend together and relax. It was also a good time to recharge to go back to work. We didn’t want to leave but duty calls. 

Thursday we told my fiancé’s son (6yo in May) that he was going to be a big brother and he was super excited. Telling us that he wants to teach baby things, but not babysit. 😂 Today though he had like a 180 flip and told us he wants to die so we could have a new baby and be happy. It totally came out of nowhere. There is no way we made him feel like we were replacing him. We actually wanted him to help out when baby arrives so they can bond. I’m guessing that my fiancé’s ex was talking badly about us which she’s not supposed to according to their parenting plan. There was no way he could’ve made a 180 in just a couple days without someone saying something to him. We’re at a loss on what to do besides reassuring him that we aren’t replacing him and that we love him very much. We’re also dealing with an attitude he’s been giving us since he doesn’t like being told what to do when we have him. Anything goes when he’s at grandpa’s so it’s difficult to try and correct that behavior when we only have him couple hours on two weekdays and every other weekend. 

How are you feeling?: Feeling quite tired, restless at night and aching all over. I’ve been flipping from side to side because of how uncomfortable I am. It’s been bothering my fiancé as well with my moving. Baby is also moving a lot and I feel him kicking me. Also been super itchy lately on my belly and breasts. Been using cocoa butter on it and it doesn’t seem to be helping. 

GTKY - What’s your sign? Cancer. 

• Loading the player...
  • @wiseh Wow I can’t believe you had to go through all that. Sounds like a complete nightmare, but whats done is done and hopefully it gets better! Doctors should really listen to the patient and that midwife was out of line saying your weight was the reason why they couldn’t see your baby’s face. That just riled me up as well. Ridiculous! 
  • Due date/W+D:  6/25, 21w 6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Endive

Any appointments? Questions?: Next routine appointment scheduled for Wednesday. Anyone have any tips for training yourself to sleep on your left side? I have a Queen Rose pregnancy pillow and I always end up waking up on my back which I know is frowned upon at this point. 

Rants/Raves?: Just raves this week. Got the anatomy scan and second trimester blood screen results and they came back all good! So relieved. I’m also loving feeling kicks everyday and my growing bump. 

How are you feeling?: Tired. My husband and I are about to put our house on the market. Trying to get more space before the baby comes. It’s a lot to juggle. 

GTKY - What’s your sign? Scorpio

• It was pretty frustrating @ami500, more so that I knew I was fine but was made to think I wasn't and just causing unnecessary stress.

I feel you on the step son issue too. My partner looks after his ex's kid who is 8.5yo. At her house he can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants - there's literally no rules. I'm not sure if his mum's parenting style or he's on some kind of spectrum but he doesn't know how to shower by himself, get dressed by himself, put his shoes on, brush his teeth properly, etc. and has very little control over his emotions. If he can't do something he will cry, hit himself in the face and wail "it's all my fault" or "I'm so bad at <insert task>". If you ask him to get off the xbox he would throw a huge tantrum and kick the walls. From when I first met him until my partner started working FIFO we had made some great progress at our house, he respected our rules, had started doing things for himself, wasn't throwing as many tantrums and wasn't breaking down crying when he couldn't do something. My partner started working away 4 weeks at a time in December so between Christmas and the last time we had the kid (a 5 week gap) there was some serious regression in behaviour. He had a meltdown at least twice daily crying because he can't do something and was once again violent towards us and other objects when asked to stop playing xbox or games on a phone. 

The only advice I have is to just keep doing what you're doing. Keep reassuring him that this baby won't be replacing him & trying to involve him as much as possible with baby stuff. He's probably not at an age yet where he understands or is able to adapt to different rules at different houses, but keep persevering because it won't last forever. The advice that I got given on that was to not back down - if you set a standard, always follow through and he will learn eventually that he can't get away with things at your house.

@sarcat87 so many people moving! Good luck with putting your house on the market :smiley:  
  • Due date/W+D: June 22, 22W+3
    Baby is the size of a(n): coconut?

Any appointments?
    follow up ultrasound because baby would not flip over for the last shot they needed on Monday, hopefully we get it this time!

Questions?: Rants/Raves?:
    rant: pants not fitting, I need to cave and buy some new ones I just don’t want to admit I need them! Rave: all but the pantry and garage has been organized in the house and it feels so good!

How are you feeling?:
    overall pretty good! Haven’t been running as much because it has been cold and slick but did do some awesome snowshoeing this last weekend!

GTKY - What’s your sign?
    Aries
  • @wiseh Yeah since he’s going to be 6 this year we are kind of not sure what’s getting through and what isn’t. He was slowly getting used to some of the rules we have and others have been a work in progress. I wish there was some consistency but like you said as long as we are firm about our rules he’ll slowly learn. It just sucks when you don’t see them that often and then it feels like they’ve regressed. 

@sarcat87 I roll back and forth in my sleep. My fiancé found out that if we cuddle, I don’t or rarely move from my side unless it’s for a bathroom trip. I even hug a pillow and then having another one by my back so I don’t roll when I don’t have my fiancé with me. Not sure if that’ll help. I didn’t look up to see what the pillow you had. 

@lovemesomemonster I started wearing maternity tops around 15-16 weeks. Pants I held off on because of how expensive some of it was until I found them on sale and caved. I have to say maternity pants/leggings feel so much better.

@AshleighDB I had to buy new bras as well! My bras have been leaving me red marks which were uncomfortable. This is the second time I had to go up another size. I did hear about baking soda baths but the tub we have isn’t that great and I wouldn’t want to soak in it. Otherwise I would try it. I see my OB tomorrow so I’ll be able to ask her for recommendations on what to do to help alleviate the itch. 
  • @AshleighDB I had to buy new bras at 10 weeks! My boobs grew so fast at the beginning but have luckily stopped growing as quickly. 

Due date/W+D:  June 2; 25+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Cauliflower

Any appointments? Questions?: Not until March 15th. 

Rants/Raves?:  I had my glucose tolerance screening on Friday and, luckily, I do not have gestational diabetes. This was great news because I LOVE sweets. I eat cereal for lunch (currently Captain Crunch) and always have something for dessert after dinner! 

How are you feeling?: I feel great. Baby kicks all the time which helps me to feel reassured and to know that she is doing okay in there. 

GTKY - What’s your sign? I am a Pisces! 

• @stormcloud0719 what is your go to dessert right now? I have been crushing some berry pie and last night did a banana split!

@ami500 wouldn’t it be nice to just live in sweat pants!? 

@AshleighDB that person was a jerk! I can’t believe they said that to you!! 
  • wiseh - I can't believe how terrible your dr's were. Hopefully with your move, you will find a new OB & midwife that will be a better fit. I have to tell my ob every time that the electric machines don't take my bp accurately b/c I don't have lymph nodes in my left arm. Every time it's high but when they take it manually, it's perfect. 
     @ami500 - we are going to Vegas this weekend for a babymoon. I'm so ready for a few days of relaxation! I HATE the itching breasts! I can't find a good fix either. 
    @sarcat87 - one of the ladies on my infertility board was talking about the pillows the other day. She works in maternity ward and mentioned that as long as you are sleeping slighly elevated, it relieves most of the pressure on that vein. I move around a ton in my sleep and my ob said as long as I adjust if I wake up on my back not to worry about it too much. 

Due date/W+D:  6/21/ 22w 4d but csection is scheduled for 6/17

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut

Any appointments? Questions?: - just had one last week. nothing until March... any of you 2nd time mama's having a sprinkle or shower? My mom wants to do a "meet the baby" but I do not want to drive 6 hours to CA to pass around a newborn to all of her friends. I'm just not sure about what is typical for that. I feel kinda weird about a full on shower. 

Rants/Raves?:  The nursery is coming along which has been awesome. With my son, I went into labor the day we were supposed to sign the paperwork on our house that was almost 3 months behind schedule so needless to say I was not prepared with his nursery at all. 

How are you feeling?: aside from still having to take diclegis every day, I feel pretty good. 

GTKY - What’s your sign? - Leo :) - I like @AshleighDB 's idea of a small into since we are all one now. I live in Phoenix with my my husband and 2 year old son. Both of my babies are IVF babies. This is my last pregnancy for sure. I will be 37 this year and while I haven't had all that tough of a pregnancy aside from the actual getting pregnant part I definitely don't want to be pregnant again.lol. I also am a full time working mama. 

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • magpie87magpie87 member
    edited February 2019
    Due date/W+D: June 30/21+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Endive

Any appointments? Questions?: AS is next Thursday! 

Rants/Raves?: Just impatiently awaiting our appointment next week.

How are you feeling?: Okay. My kids haven't been sleeping well, so that means I haven't either. Guess I might as well get used to not sleeping 😉

GTKY - What’s your sign? I'm a Leo.

I'm a SAHM with a 4 year old daughter & an almost 2 year old daughter. This is likely my last pregnancy, but I'm still hopeful that we might keep the option of a 4th on the table. I live in a small town in Ohio. We are looking at moving also before the baby is born.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • jacksonbearsjacksonbears member
    edited February 2019
    Due date/W+D: June 15, 23w3days

Baby is the size of a(n): barbie doll

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appointment is my 26week appointment, will do my glucose test then. Scheduled my c-section date, and scheduled my appointment to meet the c-section doctor. 

Rants/Raves?: I'm surprised regarding the drama that unfolded last week. I didn't realize a new group was formed, just thought people weren't active. With my August 17 BMB, the same thing happened. We had enough to migrate to facebook, and everyone's super active in there! I hope its the same here! 

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling okay, starting to feel achy and bloated. I felt this way when I was about 33 weeks, you certainly feel everything faster second time around. 

GTKY - What’s your sign? Gemini here, and this baby will be a gemini! I live in the Boston area, have a DD who's 18 months. We have a dog, who I adore and talk about a lot. We are in the process of moving, we sold our condo, and in a rental while we're getting word done in the house. Its stressful, I just want it all over! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @lovemesomemonster Oh of course! If only comfy clothes weren’t frown upon at work! 

@Griffin5413 Have fun! I know we did. I’m from the northwest Chicago suburbs and when we left it was in the single digits, snowing and ice. It felt so nice to be in Vegas with the 50 degree weather. I was in my spring/fall attire.

Since I’m Asian we have this party for all babies once they reach 100 days where the whole family gets together to meet the new baby. It’s a big deal, so to me a party is a normal thing to have. Maybe you can suggest your mom to come visit you instead? 
  • edited February 2019
    @sarcat87loooooove my Queen Rose pillow! If I'm wrapped around it I usually have to wake myself up to flip over. 

@jacksonbears Same, I just thought people stopped using the app. I'm also really fascinated about how passionate some people were about fighting with complete strangers, so much so I'm considering writing a paper for my graduate class on online forums now! At least something good came out of all that. 

@AshleighDB I'm going to school part time too! Grossly miscalculated when I was graduating, thought it was this spring, turns out it's next spring 😬 Oh well, working full time AND being a new mom AND getting a graduate degree came be that hard... right?

@lovemesomemonster I bought three pairs of maternity pants, but I'm still using my leggings/ tights when I can. The maternity pants keep falling down though. Maybe I got the wrong size? 

All right, now on to the GTKY 

Due date/W+D:  June 27/21w, 5d

Baby is the size of a(n): toothbrush

Any appointments? Questions?: I have a monthly appointment next week, nothing to report. 

Rants/Raves?:  I am loving this maternity hair. Can I keep it? Please??

How are you feeling?: Wonderful! Baby is moving around a lot, which is super cool! My husband is finally able to feel her, which he finds both intriguing and terrifying (he said it's like "Alien")

GTKY - What’s your sign? Leo! (obvs)

• @Griffin5413 Thanks for letting me know about the slight elevation. I’ll look into that since I’ve failed miserably so far at kicking my back sleeping habit. 
  • Due date/W+D:  22+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Maltese Puppy... 

Any appointments? Questions?: MFM next week.

Rants/Raves?:  Hiccoughs/Hiccups... he seems to have them at least once a day. It’s actually rather cute. 

How are you feeling?: tired. All the time. Never really got that energy that they were on about. Feel a little ripped off about it!

GTKY - What’s your sign? Taurus 

• Due date/W+D:  June 13, 23+6

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit

Any appointments? Questions?: I have an appointment next week.

Rants/Raves?:  My rant and rave are kind of the same this week.  We are in the process of selling our townhome/buying a house.  Our townhome went under contract in just a couple days and we found a house we love.  After a little bidding war, we got the house!  That's the super exciting part.  The rant part is that we just had the inspection done, and there's quite a bit of work that needs to be done.  There are all sorts of plumbing problems that we need the seller to fix or we are going to have to walk away.  I don't want to walk away, I absolutely adore this house!

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling okay, just exhausted.  Between the house stuff and an absolutely crazy couple weeks at work, I am so ready to have a week off next week!  I can't wait to spend some time at home with my 2.5 yo.  He is starting to potty train, so we are going to work hard on that next week!

GTKY - What’s your sign? Leo

• @honeybeemarie Hello, fellow Ohioan! Congrats on getting your house unpacked!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • @tickledpink123 - hopefully everything works out with the seller! We are going to work on potty training my 2 yo in March. I would love if he is out of diapers before I have another one in them but I'm also trying to be realistic enough to know it may not happen. I have to pick my battles and I can't decide if I want to potty train, switch to the toddler bed or get rid of the Paci before June. Are you going to try any specific potty training method? I'm thinking of trying the 3 day method and then his daycare does a good job of helping us enforce it after. 
    @honeybeemarie i bet it feels so great to have your house unpacked!!!
    ami500 - I like the 100 day idea. My mom is coming out for 2 weeks when the baby is here. It's more about her wanting to parade the baby around her friends. lol. I appreciate her friends wanting to celebrate but a lot of them aren't people I'm really close to at all so I'd rather have them meet the baby when I am already scheduled to come out to visit 1 or 2 at a time not 50 strangers. I'm all about quality not quantity so there are a few people who I would love to meet the baby and everyone else is not high on my priority list. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tickledpink123 congrats on winning the bidding war! We had the same situation with our house, a lot came up in the inspection report. We then asked to knock off $20K due to the amount of work, and ultimately agreed. Sellers don't want a house to be relisted, its a sign that something went wrong with the inspection.

@honeybeemarie I'm so jelly! I wish we were unpacked in the new house. Probably won't be there for another month.

I know its early, but for the few that are left, when we approach our final weeks, should we start a FB group or stay here? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @jacksonbears thanks! Such a relief, and all thanks to my mom who came and unpacked everything for 3 straight days lol. God bless her.

@tickledpink123 Jacksonbears has a good point; I’m sure it will work out, the last thing they want is to relist it! 

Im down for a FB group!
  • @ami500, I’m with you on being so uncomfortable when I sleep! My hips hurt so bad. It’s better when I use my pregnancy pillow at my back to support my back more.

Due date/W+D: 06/26, 22 weeks exactly!

Baby is the size of a(n): Football (weight-wise)

Any appointments? Questions?: Just a regular check-up tomorrow, but so many questions. Mostly just want to make sure I’m on track weight-wise, because I don’t think I’ve gained a lot of weight.

Rants/Raves?: I am loving my nail growth right now! As a nail biter, these are the best my nails have ever been! And I also love feeling my baby girl move. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of that.

How are you feeling?: I get full super quickly, and when I get full, my belly gets a little uncomfortable, but otherwise, I’m feeling great!

GTKY - What’s your sign? Gemini! Also, FTM living in N.C. Happy we merged groups!

• Due date/W+D:  June 7/ 24-25w

Baby is the size of a(n): ear of corn

Any appointments? Questions?: Glucose March 11

Rants/Raves?:  We keep having snow days and school is ending the same week I’m due now! And I have field day with 20 kindergarteners at 39 weeks. That said, the time is flying by and I can’t wait for June!

How are you feeling?: Pretty decent. So many Braxton Hicks this time around and my hips are really moving. Trying to decide when to be done running. I think it is pretty soon.

GTKY - What’s your sign? Cancer

I’m really hit or (mostly) miss around these parts. This is our third, a boy. We also have two daughters, 5 & 3.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 We don't have a specific method we are using...he has slowly been showing more interest over the last couple months.  We bought him a little Paw Patrol potty and at first he would barely sit on it but now we've gotten to the point where he has peed on it several times (almost every day). I am off next week, so I think we may go pick out some underwear and see if we can try to go full on potty training next week.  I will probably just put him on the potty every few minutes until he goes, but he can be stubborn so we'll see. We are planning on putting him in a toddler bed when we move.  He has slept in one at my parents and he sleeps in one at the babysitters, so I'm hoping it will be a smooth transition.  

@jacksonbears @honeybeemarie Thanks for the encouragement! Our attorney sent over a letter stating everything that needs to be fixed, so now we are just playing the waiting game again.  Hopefully they agree!
  • @tickledpink123 - I hope it goes well! I'm thinking of taking a day off in March and trying the 3 day method. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jacksonbears I didn’t know there was a fb group until another girl in my previous bump group mentioned it. I’m sad bc that group is so close and I’ve met a lot of them. This group I think already had so many from the ttc group that already clicked it was hard for others to connect. 

@tickledpink123 Congrats on selling yours so quick. As far as any problems, we are selling ours to move into a new build and we just want to be done with it. Our inspections are this weekend and if anything comes up we will fix or make anything right before selling 

Due date/W+D:  23+6

Babies are the size of a(n): chinchilla

Any appointments? Questions?: Had a routine MFM US Tuesday. Babies are good and measuring the same  

Rants/Raves?:  I’m feeling so much better since starting PT that I signed back up for the gym. I’m hoping to do some swimming and aquatic classes. We are closing on our new house next Tuesday and moving next Saturday. I love our new house and can not wait to get in. Not anticipating anything going wrong but our house and septic inspections are this weekend and I hope everything passes and any problems are easy and cheap to fix.

How are you feeling?: Surprisingly good, I have more energy and my pelvic pain is being managed. Feeling over all the Dr. appts but they want to make sure babies are doing good. I start 2 week appts after next Thursday.

GTKY - What’s your sign? Taurus

STM; 21m DD living in the cold Midwest

• ajel46ajel46 member
    edited February 2019
    Due date/W+D: June 21st/22 weeks and 6 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut!

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment in 2 weeks for Glucose Tolerance.. Kind’ve nervous I feel like I’ve been over indulging for the past few weeks. Not really watching what I eat. I have no risk factors for GDM, but I’m still a little “stressed” about it. 

Rants/Raves?: We still haven’t picked a name for our daughter! We want something not common but also not “made-up”.

Also, I love feeling my daughter kick & I know it’s too early to start doing kick counts but she doesn’t have a routine at all; so i get flustered because 1 day, I’ll feel her move allll day, and then the next day she’s pretty much chilling and moving every once in a while. I can’t wait until I can figure her out 😂

How are you feeling?: I feel tired when I’m sitting still (except at night when I want to go to sleep 😂). I hate feeling lazy and tired but I get it, this kiddo is burning my energy.  

What’s your sign? Aquarius
  • Due date/W+D:  June 13th 

Baby is the size of a(n): cantelope

Any appointments? Questions?: 

Rants/Raves?:  my docs are officially horrid. I went in for dizzy symptoms and they did an ultrasound and made sure the little one was fine. I told them I was dizzy and they sent me out without checking me at all. 

How are you feeling?: full

GTKY - What’s your sign? Pisces

• @anarose253 - I'm so sorry your dr is so horrid. It's good that the little one is fine but for sure frustrating that they didn't seem to care about you. With my son I went through a period of time where I was dizzy a lot. My OB said that I should drink more water.. .like a gallon a day. I live in Phoenix so it gets hot here but maybe it's just not enough water. Hope you feel better soon!

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • tkbmamatkbmama member
    edited February 2019
    Due date/W+D: June 3, 25 weeks 4 days

Baby is the size of cauliflower

Appointments? Questions? Well I had my check up on Wednesday with my 1 hr glucose test. Doctor said I gained too much weight (12 lbs total) so gotta watch it . Took glucose test and failed. So I have my 3 hour this weekend. I was so upset yesterday I cried all day. I was more upset at myself bc I work out 6 days a week and had started over indulging on cookies the last week or so. I'm hoping the 3 hour goes better.

Rants/raves: There's a PB glider recliner I want and it's on sale for 40% off (was 70%off). MIL told me not to buy one bc her sisters will buy it for my shower .But I don't think they'll buy it when it's full price. Im torn on what to do. 

How are you feeling? Still a little down but trying to stay positive. DH said we can change our diet to cut back on carbs. Would be good for him too, so that makes me feel better. Still down on myself though for even having to deal with this.

GTKY- sign- Cancer
  • Due date/W+D:  June 27

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut

Any appointments? Questions?: Had my anatomy scan last week and that went well. Baby is measuring a couple weeks ahead... they said 98th percentile. 😬

How are you feeling?: Feeling pretty good overall. This is my second pregnancy and I definitely feel more pregnant and sooner. 😜

GTKY - What’s your sign? Leo!

I'm down for a Facebook group. That would be so much easier to communicate on! My May 2015 (my DD1) group has seriously turned into some of my best friends. 🤩

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tkbmama I understand the 1-hour test is meant to catch all possible cases, and that up to 75% of those who take the 3-hour test pass. By the way, we're due date buddies.

As for the check-in, I'm traveling and feeling ok, nearing 26 weeks. Next appointment not until 28 weeks, when I'll also have a bunch of blood tests and the GD test (ugh).
  • @marijaa333 thanks. I took the test in November due to weight and age, passed with flying colors. I'm hoping the donut I ate has something to do with failing the test this time. Taking the 3 hour tomorrow so fingers crossed
  • @tkbmama “normal” weight gain is 4 lbs 1st trimester + 1lb/week so actually you’ve gained less than average, idk why your doctor would have said any different. I’m sure the donut had something to do with it (my nurse said not to even have jelly on my toast the morning of my test) so stay positive and let us know how it goes! 

@ajel46 my kicks have been super irregular as well and it always makes me worry too!