July 2019 Moms

Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 2/11

2»

Re: Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 2/11

• I am so frustrated... I have been trying for two weeks now to get my records transfered to a new practice because my insurance changed. This is turning into an absolute nightmare. 

At this point, the new practice has received everything except my labs, but they still won't book me an appointment until they have everything. The old place promised me yesterday that the lab reports were being faxed over that afternoon (why didn't they do the first time? They didn't think I had any done. Good record keeping...). I called the new practice today to follow up (thinking I was finally going to be able to schedule my appointment), and I was told they still haven't received the labs. I call the old place, and I was told that they did indeed fax it to the correct fax number. After I burst into tears, they offered to call the new practice to figure it out and resend the labs if needed. 

I don't think I can take another day of this.... Not only am I worried about going more than a month without seeing a doctor, I can't get my AS scheduled. My husband travels Monday-Thursday every week, and I try so hard to schedule things so he can be there. This nonsense is keeping us from seeing our little one, finding out the gender, and hearing if the development all looks good. I'm so upset right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • @indulgentgypsy I knew today would go well! Yay to a great US!!!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7,  19+3

Baby is the size of a(n): Zucchini

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink!!

Upcoming Appointments: 2/19 for AS

How are you feeling?: feeling great except having a hard time sleeping on my side all night, I wake up with so much back pain

Rants/Raves:  We just started the biggest project in our house for remodeling and I pray to the gods it's done before baby's home. we're pushing the kitchen back about 10 feet and opening up the whole floor plan among with building a pantry, moving water and gas lines. I can't wait until it's done

Questions: @mama_bear19 We have bought a crib and mattress, a dresser and the stroller as big items. I have picked up some cute outfits and onesies as I find them while I'm about and about along with some books.

GTKY: Going from @xtinecatherine 's idea: Tell us about your first date with H. Hubby and I met online so our first date was scheduled at a Mexican restaurant he picked out, we ordered food and talked and talked until they closed so we decided to walk down the street to a coffee shop where we shared tea until they closed and kicked us out and we have been inseparable since then.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 19 weeks, 3 days 7/7 

Baby is the size of a(n): zucchini 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue 

Upcoming Appointments: 2/20...I have to go every two weeks

How are you feeling?: gassy 

Rants/Raves:  why does everyone have an opinion over the sex of the baby? Shouldn’t it just be that they’re hoping for a healthy baby and that’s it? 

Questions: 

GTKY: Going from @xtinecatherine 's idea: Tell us about your first date with H. We were broke college students, so he took me to Sonic. Lol 
  • @keebler6elf, I am so sorry! I would be crying also. That SUCKS. I hope today is the day all finally settles down. Also, maybe call the new practice and explain the situation? A lot of times when you mention the stress and anxiety, they will change the rules a bit. Hopefully everything is there, but if not maybe say you are juggling a difficult schedule and would feel much better to get the scan on the books?
  • That was a total rant I posted yesterday... Sorry about that!

@Happyin14 I just called them again today, yeah. Definitely cried on the phone... Clearly what they want to have happen isn't working. I offered to do my labs again. Take my blood if it'll help! I can pee in a cup anytime - just let me know. But, hey, they promised to call me back... 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 20+5/ July 3

Baby is the size of a(n): microphone

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): 😤 I’ll get to this one in my rant

Upcoming Appointments: next one is in March

How are you feeling?: really emotional. Overall great though.

Rants/Raves:  So we went in for my AS, babe is still on the small side but overall looks amazing. The US tech made sure not to include or show anything sex, because with this being our last baby we want it to be super special. She does put it in our file so they can continue to make sure babe develops properly. It is typed in Bold lettering everywhere in our notes that we do NOT want to know what we are having. Everyone has been amazing at keeping it from us. Until yesterday. One of the new nurses called, I was unable to take the call so she left a vm letting me know they want me to do my glucose screen early since I have a history of prenatal diabetes and preeclampsia. No big deal right? 

She then hen goes on to congratulate us on another boy. 😤 we could’ve known after our blood test a couple months ago what I am carrying. But we’ve been waiting. She took that from me. I called the office back in tears because it was ruined for us. My ob has apologized profusely for that nurses negligence and has removed her from my care staff. 

Please do do not get me wrong I am THRILLED to be having a fourth boy. I love being a boy mom. But I’m heartbroken over the way I found out. I haven’t even told my husband yet. I know I should, but I do not want to ruin the surprise for him the way it was ruined for me. 

Maybe its my horomones but I think I have every right to feel upset over this for now. I know I’ll get over it im just heartbroken.

Questions: nope

GTKY: Tell us about your first date with H: we went swimming then out for ice cream. Then went to my house and watched a couple movies. Nothing super crazy. We were just a couple broke teens at the time.
  • @hellmanpartyof5 I'm so sorry that nurse ruined it for you. Of course you have every right to be upset. I would be so angry and so sad had that happened to us. I'm so sorry it was ruined for you. Hopefully you will be able to find another way to make the birth special for all of you. I'm so glad they removed that nurse from your care team. I'm shocked she would have even mentioned the sex of the baby at all! I'm so sorry:(