April 2019 Moms
Options

Private Group poll - poll CLOSED

2»

Re: Private Group poll - poll CLOSED

• Options
    @lilpotatomama by private group do you mean that the FB group will be private? Or an additional private group? That gets to be a lot to keep up with.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrstmoose private FB group! 
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama Sounds accurate but let’s give it 24 hrs so those who can’t bump at work have a chance to chime in :)
  • Options
    lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited January 2019
    @lyse01 for sure! Probably more than 24 hours since a lot of us tend to get busy during the week. 

@MRDCle I’ll wear a Jabba mask just for you. 
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama maybe pick a cut-off and edit the title to say poll closes X date at X time or whatever?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I really need you guys to show me how to do the bump pics and put a cute cover up on my face, like the potato for @lilpotatomama! I am challenged in the technology-department.
  • Options
    @rennie1108 I actually use snapchat to put the potato on my face 😂 I use Snapchat a lot to share pics with family, and you can do a lot of fun things with the pictures. 

@MRDCle good idea! I’ll update the description too. 
  • Options
    Ah, that makes sense! I've never been on snapchat. Or Instagram or anything not Facebook really - except I was on MySpace back in the day! I think that just shows my age.
  • Options
    @rennie1108 I mostly keep Snapchat because my little SIL actually trusts me enough to send me her drunken snaps and I really am not interested in breaking that trust but... that’s a different conversation completely. Haha. 
  • Options
    Sounds like we have 4 regs as admins, so if we get one more volunteer or someone wants to nominate we'll have 5 for a majority 3/5 vote system.

I second all three of you, @lilpotatomama, @MRDCle, @mrstmoose

I hesitate to nominate as I know not everyone wants to take on the admin role. 

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    If we need one more I can. 

If thats alright with everyone else. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    I second you @thatbaintforbetty

• Options
    I concur with all the admins that’s volunteered.

Are we gonna have a second poll about transition date or just discussion? 
    And will the admins selected decide on the process of getting into the FB group or will that be open to discussion? I’m fine either way just curious how it’ll go. I just wanna make sure I make it into the group. 😂
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat as @mighty_montgomery. I've so appreciated the support and knowledge exchange with you ladies, but if we move to FB I wont be able to join. DH and I aren't on FB for data privacy reasons. One of the things we recently found out is that even if you have a super private account with just a fake name, that just by having the app on your phone or regularly visiting the site on your computer, FB collects large amounts of usage data on you that they share with advertisers. I totally understand the utility of FB to be able to connect with everyone, but the data privacy piece freaks us out enough that we just aren't comfortable with it. But until then, I look forward to sharing and learning from you excellent ladies! :)
  • Options
    Hi ya'll...I know I'm not the most active member here but the app sucks and I dont have time to check in on a PC with a busy, active toddler (who wants to be on my lap banging on the keys).  I likely wouldn't be admitted to a PG either - on TB or on FB - because I dont participant much. Honestly, I would do better with either of those platforms than here.  But, I understand because ya'll dont 'know' me per se, but I really didn't connect with the ladies from my last BMB until we went to FB and it was a smaller group.  So that's my 2c.  I'd like to be involved more but thats life.
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Options
    I vote for the switch over sometime in march- right before the babies come. Gives potential newbies time to participate and gets us over before babies come. For the first few weeks of my last BMB switch it was kind of a limbo phase where we were kind of all in 2 places. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    So I don't know what a private group is, I guess they weren't around when I was here for my DD. I prefer going straight to fb though, the bump app is hella glitchy and the autocorrect is annoyingly and consistently wack. Personally I prefer an earlier transition because it's easier for me to participate but Im fine with whatever
  • Options
    I'm a bit late to the conversation and I know I'm kind of a sporadic contributor (mostly because the bump app sucks and I can't always find time to get on the site during work), so I don't know how much what I think matters, but I'm for the FB group closer to the time we're due without necessarily moving to a private bump group first. I do see the value of a private group on TB for those who may not want to make the move to FB, but not really as a requirement for moving forward with the FB transition. That said, I'll roll with whatever the group decides to do.
  • Options
    @chrissdee I’m pretty sure that exact scenario is what we’ll have going after the poll finalizes, just based on the results we’ve got already. 
  • Options
    I plan on talking to my husband about creating a FB account just for TB group.
  • Options
    Have to agree with quite a few of you in that the app is super glitchy and not the most user friendly.  Not sure if it's just my phone but with the app on here it doesn't notify or show that there's been new comments in a thread so I'm forever having to scroll through each to see if I've seen the most recent comments.  I'm hoping with FB the groups are more user friendly?  Anyways due to that alone I'd definitely be up for private FB group when the time comes.  Would be nice to read/post without getting kicked out of the app 10 times and having to log back in!
  • Options
    @kristenhk Ugh. That’s why I refuse to use the actual app. It’s an absolute nightmare. I mean it’s not great through mobile but it’s better then the app. And at least has notifications. Mostly. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty hmm maybe I'll try just using safari from now on and see if that helps 
  • Options
    If I’m being totally honest, I’m less active on here than I’d like to be simply due to the limitations on the mobile app, which is really the only way I have to access it. So I’m all in favor of moving over to a private FB group where the interface is easier to work with.
  • Options
    Couldn’t read this thread the first time I tried because the app was so glitchy... :|

I don’t have strong opinions because I’m not much of a Facebook user either, so I would try to go along with whatever others decide. I’m not a super regular poster, but I’ve definitely learned things from the folks here and enjoyed the community.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I love the idea of going to fb because I have trouble using this app. My concern is I didn't even know this board existed till recently and since then I've been as active as I can but im a bit shy. This board has kept me sane reading comments from other woman going through what I am and I don't want to be left behind 😞
  • Options
    I'm with @llamamamanyc on this. I'd be more active if TB were easier to use. So I'm all for a FB transition once we get a bit closer.
  • Options
    I wish there was an option that wasn’t the privacy invading FB or the terrible TB app. Sorta a sad state of affairs technologically speaking.  FB has made some appalling business decision that makes me not want to support them. And you all aren’t wrong about how bad the TB app is. 
  • Options
    +3 to recognizing basically all the posters here, and seconding what @mrdcle said - if you're new here, just continue to participate so we can get to know you before the transition. I would definitely raise some concern over a brand new poster in late March wanting to join too, and that's just from a common sense standpoint. 

• Options
    Hi - I personally love my August 2016 FB group, I am still very active in there and there is still 90ish ladies still active as our kids are now 2.5 years old. So if we transition over please include me. The bump app isn't my fave.