March 2019 Moms

Moms of multiples

13»

Re: Moms of multiples

• https://buytablefortwo.com/

This looks incredibly handy (found on a pinterest review).  But holy expensive!!!!

• ** totally lurking **
    @Pooka8 my older sister had twins in January and was lucky enough to have one of those double seats handed down to her by an acquaintance, used it a bunch in the first 6 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • How’s everyone doing? I’m really starting to get bigger by the day now and my back is soooo sore. I’m preparing for these babies to come too soon, and worried about that, but in the flip side starting to worry about how big I’m going to get and how miserable I could be! I’m trying to be active and get things done but am spending a lot of time laying around with a heating pad or ice pack.
    Chiropracter and massage this afternoon thank goodness!!!

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• @3rdtime_charmed
    I'm feeling large as well, but walking past another multiples mom who was further along at MFM yesterday made me realize how I'm not compared her :neutral:
    I had some crazy SI joint pain last weekend that made it severely painful to walk, shift position, or do anything, but it went away Sunday so I'm just enjoying being able to WALK this week.  I'm actually feeling better than I was in previous weeks and hope it lasts awhile.

I had a growth u/s and fetal echo yesterday. Everything looks good!  The babies are both measuring about 2lb 1oz (mid 40s percentile wise if they use the EDD that is 3 days before what my OB and I use).  

I go back in a month for another growth ultrasound, then start weekly NSTs at 32 weeks (27 now).  I see my OB for the first time in AGES next Tuesday.  I haven't seen her since Halloween.  I'll do the glucose test then.

They gave me 2 sheets to do kick counts starting in about two weeks ... the idea of being able to differentiate which twin is kicking me is laughable.  Baby A has her head so low in my pelvis on the right side that the sonographer wondered how I'm still able to walk...Then her body was curved around with her feet on my left side somewhere.  Baby B was stretched out in the open space in the middle.  They're like a pretzel in there and I'm sure it changes often at this point.

• Doing a 28 week happy dance! I'm only 5'3" and about 98lbs pre pregnancy due to a bunch of health issues. My OB said to shoot for 28 weeks and go from there. I'm huge, both are in 70-80th percentile and I have a few complications but looks like we will be making it past our goal!!! Woohoo! Wishing all you Mamas holidays filled with as much comfort as possible at this point lol
  • How is everyone doing?

• Had my first NST yesterday. I hadn't realized that those come with a brief u/s to check fluid levels, heart rate, and practice breathing.  All looks good.  Baby B just didn't want to stay on the monitor.  My Growth u/s last thursday put the babies at 3lb 11oz and 3lb 15oz est weights!  That was a kind of milestone day because I was 31 weeks 2 days. I AM a twin and my twin brother and I were born at 31 weeks 2 days... and I weighed 3lb 13 oz (weighed with a chest tube and ivs and such).  and my brother was 4lbs.

Baby A has gone from being head down most of the pregnancy to Full Breech :(.  Baby B is transverse.

• @Pooka8 I’m sorry they have decided to change position. My doctor told me to put an ice pack at the top of my uterus and gentle heat at the bottom. They don’t like the ice and will turn away from it. 

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• I have my second NST tomorrow...I'll be 33 weeks Weds! My induction is tentatively scheduled for Feb 20th which would be exactly 37 weeks. I totally don't feel like our home is ready for two babies, but my body is definitely wearing out. I got super lucky and both are head down. Praying your babies flip! 🙏
  • I had NST 2 yesterday and they are both head down!  Let's hope they stay that way!  All is still boringly (and thankfully) normal.  The Braxton hicks contractions relentless at night but they go away if I lay down.  

Does anyone else where a fitbit or other watch or device that tracks your heart rate?

Mine has run high this pregnancy (to be expected) but I hadn't realized until I looked the other day that my resting heart rate (WHILE ASLEEP) is in the mid 80s and unless I'm at rest it is always above 100.  I mentioned it at my NST yesterday and they aren't concerned unless it's reaching the 130s-140s or I'm symptomatic.  It gets to the 120s but not higher, but that' just a leisurely walk.  I'm just curious where everyone else is (if they even know).

FWIW my resting HR when not pregnant is between mid 60s to low 70s (depending on where I am in my cycle).

• @Pooka8 this is true for me as well. I have been amazed at how high it’s been. And it was a very early symptom for me, looking back, Resting HR jumped and my blood pressure dropped and was noticeable as early as 6 weeks. I’ve read the same, as long as the symptoms aren’t bothersome... there are few treatments available that would be worth the risks/side effects. 

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• *Lurking*

@Pooka8 I noticed this recently as well. My resting HR pre-pregnancy was below 60 and now it is 80! I checked with my midwife and she said it was to be expected, with your heart working so much harder to move the extra blood volume. I can only imagine it’s even more pronounced when you are carrying multiples. 
  • *another lurker*
    my resting heart rate has definitely been up. Pre-pregnancy it was in the high 50’s, these days I’m in the mid 70’s, and it definitely spikes more easily. Makes sense that with two little ones in there your heart is working extra hard!
  • My BP runs low as well.  Glad I'm not alone.  

• I have a high resting heart rate and low BP too. Any others struggling with PUPPP rash? I finally got my iron levels stabilized after two infusions and now this dang belly rash. Makes me literally want to scratchy my skin off. I've tried Benadryl, hydrocortisone, coconut oil, ice packs, Aveeno baths etc. I'll get relief for a tiny bit but that's it. Doc said it's common with multiples because of how much the skin stretches. It's definitely an ugly rash 😫
  • (lurking) 
    @katw123 I'm really sorry you've got PUPPs! I had it with DS1, and it was horrible. It actually didn't go away right after birth: first it got even worse for a few weeks, then finally disappeared. So brace yourself for that as well. What my midwife suggested at that time was Sarna lotion. It provided some relief. I also took hot showers. I know they say heat makes the rash worse, but I felt so much better during the shower that I couldn't abstain. Try not to scratch it. I know it's hard and it takes lots of willpower, but it's for the better. 
  • @katw123 I never was diagnosed with puppps but had red dots and horrible itchiness in my first pregnancy.  To the point that the monitors during labor caused unbearable itchiness.  They had to use stockinette to hold them on instead of straps.  Puppps usually doesn't return in subsequent pregnancies but I get/got similar dots and itchiness in around any new stretch marks.  It was much more bearable last pregnancy and even more so this time.  I tried all the creams first pregnancy and nothing worked so I just stick to lotion now.  I hope you find some relief.

So my EDD was 3/12 based on what my OB told me at my 8 wk appt.  I've explained before that MFM used 3/15 based on LMP... so I asked THREE times about it and was told to stick with 3/12 and it's not that big of a deal.  
    It's only 3 days but it feels like a big deal when they use the LATER Edd to schedule my 38 week induction (if I make it that far).  I was 34 weeks (or so I thought on Tuesday) and after 3 days of deja vu, I'm now 34 weeks again.

Nothing much else to report.  Baby A is head down, Baby B does what she wants and changes position often.
    So now I guess it's a waiting game to see if my body holds on to twins as long as it does singletons.  Everything continues to check out normally so far.  I have another NST/Growth U/S monday.

• @Pooka8 good luck!  Those last couple of weeks are rough.  Mine (c-section, not induction) was scheduled for 38 weeks and some change and I only made it to 37 + 1 with the girls before my body gave out and I went into labor.  My two girlfriends made it almost to 40, though, with their twins!  
  • @BuckeyeNut05 I'm surprised any on let them go to 40.  

Est weights at the y/s yesterday were both 5lb 7oz 😲.  Braxton Hicks contractions are constant and annoying.

• @Pooka8 my estimated weights today at just about 35 weeks...are 5lbs 7oz and 5lbs 8oz. My induction is scheduled for 37 weeks. I've never met anyone who went to 40 with twins! That's crazy and impressive, I can't even imagine how they functioned. 
  • @katw123
     Did or will you be joining the fb group?  It'd be great to have more twin mamas :).  I think it's a pm admins only to be added at this point.

• I'll have to do that. I haven't yet! What is the FB group called?
  • @katw123 I’m one of the admins, Check your inbox and I will send a message with instructions.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]