Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 2/11

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: Going from @xtinecatherine 's idea: Tell us about your first date with H.

Re: Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 2/11

• Loading the player...
  • @mama_bear19 - Since we found out this weekend what we are having, I have now bought LO some clothes. The only other things I have bought otherwise is a new diaper bag and a new travel system. This is #3 for us, and we have a boy and a girl already. However, my oldest are winter babies, so clothing and seasons are not going to line up too well. 

@mrscammack - Saltwater gargle, Honey if it is too severe for those cough drops are safe. There is some over the counter things available as well. Cough drops have helped me the most when I was sick. 
  • @key33 my first was also a winter baby so I picked up some summer clothes too.  I also got sheets, a play mat, sunglasses, wall decals, and a security blanket.  I have to admit I asked this question because I felt like I may have gone overboard so I wanted to see what others have done so far. 😬

@mrscammack I think the otc list from my ob has something for coughing, but I don’t remember what it is.  
  • gembudgembud member
    edited February 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/1, 20w0d 

Baby is the size of a(n): banana

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue!

Upcoming Appointments: AS is today! I know I'm not the only one today, good luck @Panaceia @Ashers423 @tsa208

How are you feeling?: Amazing! Never thought I'd be saying that on here, not sure if I'm feeling great so I've been working out or I've been feeling great from working out - either way I'll take it!

Rants/Raves:  Baby is moving and I am knowing it's him! That's been amazing, DH even felt him once on Sunday!

Questions: None this week!

GTKY: Going from @xtinecatherine 's idea: Tell us about your first date with H. Which one? Haha oh boy - first date #1 I was 13 and we had a group date at the movie theatre. First date #2 I was 20 and we went out to dinner, I was ready to hook line and sinker him ten minutes in. First date #3 I was 25 (they do say 3rd times the charm) we went out to a beer garden, then out to dinner since we weren't ready to be done, then over to my apt and talked on my couch for god knows how long. Poor DH I've been torturing him for years, but he's always been there waiting for me. 

@mama_bear19 I haven't but my mother (first grandchild) has already supplied a full wardrobe for him. Everytime I see her she has an ikea bag full of clothes and there is nothing I can do to stop her. I will say I'm anxious to start purchasing and get the nursery going.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  7/1. 20wks

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): green

Upcoming Appointments: this Thursday doctor visit and anatomy scan 

How are you feeling?: so uncomfortable. Anyone have diastisis recti? I do not remember having it with my daughter but it’s pretty uncomfortable.

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: anyone with experience  with diastisis  recti I would appreciate tips for dealing with the discomfort. Did it go away soon after delivery? 

GTKY: We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner then watched liar liar at his place. Simple but we had a blast!

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 20+0, July st

Baby is the size of a(n): some sort of puff pastry I have never heard of before

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: AS today (thinking of you today too @gbud630 ) and OB appt tomorrow to go over the results.

How are you feeling?: OK. Still a little stressed about today BUT I'm pretty sure I've been feeling baby the past few days. I guess today will confirm it. Otherwise I'm still nauseous, and m hips are still sore, but feeling better over all.

Rants/Raves:  I'm officially over half way. They won't let me go past 39 weeks so I've got another 19 weeks at the most. I've also felt well enough to start walking and doing light excerise  again so that's helping a bit. If 8 could just stop throwing up now that would be lovely! 

Questions: Can't think of anything right now.

GTKY: We went to an Irish pub and then we walked around my old University campus (SO went to the same school just a decade earlier). It started snowing and it was silent and beautiful. I don't remember much about the date its self but I remember us walking in the snow.
  • @mama_bear19 - I still have a lot of stuff left over from both my kids. I need to unpack all the baby boxes in the basement and see what I will need. I plan to start buying the things we need as I see them on sale, etc. 
  • @mama_bear19 I bought a few summer outfits since DD was a winter baby so seasons will be off in terms of clothing. But I'm hoping I can make most of it work. I'm holding off on buying the car seat and bassinet until closer to 30 weeks...but only because of my own crazyness. I have a brand new Ergo Sport that I bought before and never got a chance to use. I also bought myself a bunch of nursing tops and a nightgown and robe for the hospital. Does that count? We still have everything from DD so I'm trying not to spend too much money this time.
  • @Panaceia we’re also trying not to spend much.  When I went through clothes it looked like we could make seasons/sizes work without buying anything for all but 3 months. There are some things that wore out or that ds is still using so that’s what we will buy.  I also ordered a robe and nightgown for myself. I also got high waisted compression underwear and a nursing bra.  I plan on getting some nursing tops later on.  I don’t know what I’m waiting for. I’m also waiting til over 30 weeks to get a car seat... Partially bc of my craziness and partially for the completion discount.
  • @key33 my dh says I’m nesting because I already went through all of the clothes from the basement. I may have done it like a madwoman in a weekend. 
  • @mama_bear19 All the baby clothes are at MIL's house which is the only reason I haven't gone through it all yet. I did spend the day yesterday reorganizing DD's art room and rebuilding and reconfiguring our bunny enclosure. I desperately want to tackle my parents' junk room...but I'll leave that for March break. We'll be at my parents' house for the next 2 years still so it's hard to be able to organize when I can't just throw out whatever I want or move things wherever I want. Gah.
  • @Panaceia that stinks that the clothes are elsewhere and you can’t throw out whatever you want!  At least you made some progress!  I’m so anxious to get the nursery ready. I remember feeling so happy to have the nursery put together for ds. Just going into his room after it was done made me joyful.  
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/8 19W0D

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango / Heirloom Tomato

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink - AS to confirm on Wednesday

Upcoming Appointments: AS on Wednesday

How are you feeling?: My back is killing me, I am still not feeling what I can be 100% is movement, I finally got my fetal doppler and cannot find the heartbeat with it, and it is the 3rd anniversary of my mother's death today. I am not in a good place. 

Rants/Raves:  See above, not in a good place. But I think we are done with the old house and I should not have to go back. 

Questions: Anyone else still not 100% on is that movement? Is it just me. I am having a quiet breakdown over here most of the time. 

GTKY: Tell us about your first date with H. So... I am not totally sure we ever had a real "First Date". We went on a 10 day long road trip with a friend of mine less than 2 weeks after we meet. I spent the night at his house (no sex) talking and literally sleeping with him 2 days after we met. We moved in together less than 2 months after we met. I have a vague memory of going to a cheap movie (one of those 2nd run theaters where the movies cost about $3) somewhere in that time frame, but nothing definitive. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 19 + 5; you guys, this whole time I thought I was due on July 4 because that’s what the doctor said at my first appointment, but at my scan today they said the 3rd! So we’ll just say due on or about July 3.

Baby is the size of a(n): zucchini

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): girl

Upcoming Appointments: March 6, but I just had my AS today!!

How are you feeling?: I’m starting to notice this little baby lump a lot more, so I feel much more cumbersome than usual.

Rants/Raves:  my sister gave me all my niece’s baby hand-me-downs, so I spent the weekend digging them out of storage. Everything was put away and labeled by age 😍 My sister is so on top of it!

Questions: No Qs right now so I’ll answer @mama_bear19 : I’ve bought a jogging stroller and three onesies, but I’ve taken possession of everything else I can think to want or need from my sister. I felt weird about buying the stroller, tbh; I don’t know if it was superstition or impostor syndrome or what, but it did feel...presumptuous, maybe? If I hadn’t inherited all these baby items, I’d probably be waiting way too long to buy, then sending my husband out during labor or something, lol.

GTKY: Going from @xtinecatherine 's idea: Tell us about your first date with H.
    Well, I told you last week that we met on vacation, but we were actually living in different parts of the world at the time. We kept in touch during two months or so of strategically-timed phone calls before deciding to meet up again when I went to visit my sister in China. I knew it was going to be either really good or really awkward; fortunately, it was really good! We had a ten-day “first date” and got engaged two months later. And married two months after that. I guess sometimes you just know!
  • @indulgentgypsy I hope the anatomy scan comes quickly for you and that it brings some peace.  I’m sorry about your mom and that you’re having a difficult time.
  • @pizzaplz before I buy something I’m all excited and then after I buy it I think l, uh oh did I buy it too soon?! But at the same time I’m all about being prepared so there’s no way I could wait super late to get ready. 
  • @mama_bear19 my midwife said any cough medicine with DM only in the name is safe, the only one I’ve been able to find doesn’t work great but anything at this point is a relief. 

I feel like I’ve gone a little overboard on buying. We have most stuff from DD like the crib, dresser, car seat, stroller, baby carrier etc. We bought him a bassinet, and I’ve purchased some clothes, a few things new and some second hand to try and save a bit of money. 

I must be nesting too because last week I brought down all the vacuumed sealed storage bags of DD’s clothes to see what we could reuse, a lot of the newborn stuff was gender neutral so I managed to sort a few things out. I can’t seem to bear to part with DDs stuff yet so I just resealed what we couldn’t use and put it back in storage. We plan to be done after this baby boy but I just can’t make that final decision quite yet. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 19w 5d
    Baby is the size of a(n): Four-toed hedgehog
    Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Green
    Upcoming Appointments: Feb 15 - 20w ultrasound
    How are you feeling?: Quite good - can't complain!
    Rants/Raves:  We are finally making some progress on our home renos! Winter generally sucks all the motivation from us but it was a good weekend for moving forward.
    GTKY: Going from @xtinecatherine 's idea: Tell us about your first date with H.
    We date our relationship from our first kiss (we were friends for over a year prior) which happened after a group outing to a fairground. Everyone was sleeping over at my house that night and we ended up being the last two still awake. We decided to go for a walk and the rest is history.
    Our first actual date was probably something like watching a movie at his house without a group of friends around (but we probably ended up chilling with his parents or his little brother anyway :D)

• @mama_bear19 I've not yet bought anything for this baby (still have everything left over from our son) but I was totally already buying things at this point with my first! I think we had our jogging stroller, co-sleeper, and some clothes, books, and toys all before our 20w ultrasound. However, we also ended up being those parents who needed my SIL to buy us newborn diapers on her way over to see the baby after he was born :p
  • key33key33 member
    edited February 2019
    @mama_bear19 I would of went through them already but didn't know if I was looking for boy or girl. It's definitely on my to-do list this week. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7 - 19+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Finding out

Upcoming Appointments: I'm trying so hard to schedule with a new practice because of a change in my insurance, but my previous practice only sent over half of my records last week. I am getting anxious about getting this month's appointment scheduled at the new practice... Not to mention wanting to get the AS scheduled as well. Why is this so hard? ☹️ 

How are you feeling?: Feeling good... Not sleeping as well. Getting better at mitigating the tailbone pain but get up off my bum more often 

Rants/Raves: I just want to get my medical records transfered, please

Questions: 

GTKY: Tell us about your first date with H. 

We hung out quite a few times as friends, and he likes to say that he was "sneak dating me" because it took me a while to realize that we weren't just friends anymore. I figured it out when he got us tickets to a Broadway show. It was a lovely weekend in the city, and then I turned him down when he decided to have The Talk. He didn't speak to me for a week afterwards (I don't blame him for that), and I knew as soon as I got home that I had made a big mistake. Luckily, he was still open to the idea of us when I reached out to talk about it again a week later. Sometimes I'm just a little slow... 
  • @keebler6elf we were sneak dating for a while, too! My hubs finished his honors thesis and he asked me to go to a nice dinner with him to celebrate. I said sure. Then I asked, “So, is tonight, like, a date?” Buahaha. My hubby was the slow one. This was in April. I already knew I was going to marry him two months earlier in February that year. Hahaha. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/5, 9+

Baby is the size of a(n): ping pong paddle 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink

Upcoming Appointments: OB thurs and a/s next Thurs. 

How are you feeling?: Great!! Still don’t want to eat but energy is up. 

Rants/Raves:  Not really... 

Questions: No.... 

We met working at a summer camp so it’s hard to say what our first date is. We took the camper’s to a movie and he and I “pretended” we were on a date as a joke. I think he wondered if it wasn’t a joke... but it was to me. 

Then there was the night I got drunk and tried to kiss him on the bus back to camp. And he wouldn’t. 

Then finally for sure one one of our last night’s of camp. Chatted at the bar, walked back to camp alone and decided to give it a go. 
  • @mama_bear19 - I haven’t because I want to move before the baby comes. But my h came home from Target with some cute onesies from him and DS on Sat. Sooooo cute. 

@mrscammack, My OB said Plain Robitussin which wasn’t easy to find. And when I did, I don’t think it did anything except that was the first night I slept. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 20 weeks! July 2nd 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: just had our AS last week so nothing until March 

How are you feeling?: was feeling really great. Still taking my nausea meds. But this morning had a fluke of throwing up once! I’m hoping it’s not a sign of things to come again 

Rants/Raves:  my MIL constantly tries to touch my stomach. Please! Personal space! 

Questions: don’t think so 

i guess I would consider this our first date... we worked together and his brother and wife just had a baby so he asked me to go to kohl’s with him to find a baby outfit to give as a gift. I went and the rest is history 
  • PanaceiaPanaceia member
    edited February 2019
    @xtinecatherine I asked that question just because I needed to hear that story! And the snow in my yard looks like the snow in yours. We're in the middle of our 2nd ice storm in 2 weeks:/ At least I have another day off. Here we don't make up school days that are missed so bring on ALL the snow days!

@sarahtram2018 I felt better for about a week but am back to throwing up all the time again:/ I hope this doesn't happen to you too!
  • @Happyin14 I was a little annoyed that SO didn't even try to kiss me on out first date. I feel like if I had tried to kiss him he might have been scandalized. He and I are sooooo different!

@xtinecatherine I always wonder what everyone looks like in real life. My real name is nothing like my screen name. My name is a French name and starts with an S:)
  • edited February 2019
    @Panaceia our superintendent has told teachers they have to start coming to school on snow days as we have more contractual days to make up.  We were support to report today, but two hours late.  But they told us to stay home because the weather was so bad.  So here's another day added in June.  Another school district around here is adding 10 minutes per day to every remaining day, which is keeping them from going over.  I think that's a pretty good idea and would be on board for that. 
  • @xtinecatherine 2 teachers from our board died in a car accident trying to get to work during a snow day around 30 years ago. Since then in our board teachers stay home when kids stay home. I can't imagine having to make up days that are missed! I hope you guys don't end up having to be there into the summer!
  • @Panaceia :( Good reason to keep everyone home. 

@xtinecatherine So the very rural district I was in last year - we ended up closing school for "water days" because there was no running water to the school for 21 total days. Teachers were required to come in, so we did. Then the school board (demanding their "pound of flesh") said we had to have Saturday school for 2 months to make up the lost days. >:( I would have much rather added 10-30 minutes to every school day than come in on Saturdays for the last 2 months of the school year. It fucking sucked. 
  • @Panaceia that is awful!   Very tragic.  Our teachers are also concerned about driving in inclement weather.  I fortunately only live 10 minutes away from school, but other teachers live 45 min-1 hour away. Right now we're above eight days over where we were.  The snow just needs to stop. 
  • @xtinecatherine Yes! I always wonder too - I'm Gemma!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Becky :) and if you look hard enough I'm pretty easy to find on Social Media. 
  • @indulgentgypsy I have been on a social media break for a few months..  While I love it, I do miss connecting with people and seeing what is going on. 

I had my 20 week u/s.  Baby is still a boy and everything looked perfect with him!  He was sleeping, so we got some nice profile shots.  Funny how much he looks like the other kiddos.  So at this point, I feel like the last big testing hurdle has been crossed.