2nd Trimester

31 weeks and doctor says baby is small

Feeling anxious after my appointment this morning. I am currently 30 weeks 6 days and my OB said my stomach is very small so baby is small. I am having an ultrasound in 2 weeks to checkmeasurements. Just need some reassurance if you have had this happen!

Re: 31 weeks and doctor says baby is small

• Feeling anxious after my appointment this morning. I am currently 30 weeks 6 days and my OB said my stomach is very small so baby is small. I am having an ultrasound in 2 weeks to checkmeasurements. Just need some reassurance if you have had this happen!
    Glad they are following up with an ultrasound, but when you say your belly is very small, so baby is small: did the OB mean the fundal height is low or that you just have a small belly?

I ask out of curiosity, as my doctor always said my torso is so long that I always had a small belly and never actually started to show until 27 weeks and it wasn't obvious until almost 30.  Despite a "small belly" the fondal height was right on.  He said that baby had alot of room to move and "stretch" so my OB wasn't too worried.  

Baby was born 8lbs 12oz and perfectly healthy.

Hope the best for you.
  • Just because you're carrying small doesn't mean baby is small! I always tend to carry small, enough that they were a little concerned with my first pregnancy.  But I'm 5' 7" and fairly thin so I think it's just how I carry! My babies were 7 lbs and 7lbs 9oz respectively. They really can only guesstimate the baby's weight.
  • Loading the player...
  • Also they scheduled an ultrasound with my first because of their concern with how I was measuring.  But she was born before they could do it. I was like ha! take that lol😆