June 2019 Moms
Options

Favorite Names

123457»

Re: Favorite Names

• Options
    I agree. Sometimes there is just no compromise with a name, so my hubby will also be picking boy name, since I chose girl's. 
  • Options
    It’s ironic because we have a boy and are having another but DH and I agree on so many more girl names! I feel like everything sounds pretty for girls and for boys I’m like meh..pass...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @luckystar28 my husband and I were the same way....until we found out we were having a girl. And now all of a sudden the names we said "Oh yeah that would be great for a girl!" when trying to name our son are now looking "meh". I had every hope that because of that experience we would breeze through the naming process for baby girl but that just hasn't been the case. I guess lots of names sound good when they aren't truly an option, but when it comes down to actually settling on a name, you start to get really picky.
  • Options
    @gta4334 haha the grass isn’t always greener I guess! good luck in your search! 
  • Options
    @luckystar28
    So true! Thanks and you as well!!
  • Options
    I haven’t really monitored this thread that much so my comment is going to be super old....

@wiseh, I’m really truly not trying to rain on your parade, but I felt I must just say something in case it mattered to you. The name you posted, Meineke, is the same name as the car service company. I think your pronunciation was different though the spelling is the same. It’s still a cool name though. My husband is always trying to think of all the terrible nicknames people would come up with for any name we choose. Hah 

as for us, I think we are going to pick a couple Names and then choose the one that seems to fit her best when she pops out. We aren’t really set on those names yet though 😂 
  • Options
    Recently we’re thinking the names:
    Otto
    Lennox 
    Hudson
    Magnus - this one is so strange but kind of love it
    Wyatt
    Emerson
  • Options
    @cricket688 My husband really wanted to name our son Magnus! 
  • Options
    @gta4334 amazing! I don’t hear it a lot at all. Something about it I can’t let go of but I don’t know if I’m ready to commit either!
  • Options
    @luckystar28 I think boy names are much harder too! We had a good list of girl names that I liked, but it’s been much more difficult to find a boy name. 
  • Options
    ncm1919ncm1919 member
    edited January 2019
    Boys names are killing us...we had a whole slew of girls names. They have to be Italian and there is an unending number of lovely girls names. We have two we like for a boy. One is wildly Italian and is by far our favorite. I’ve never met someone stateside with it. Our daughters name is very similar. Super common in Italy, everyone thinks we made it up here. We shall see. 
  • Options
    Count me in on boys names being so tough @TJtheGoat @ncm1919
  • Options
    @ncm1919 I feel very intrigued - what is your daughters name? You don’t have to share if you are uncomfortable with that. My last name is Italian but it actually was kind of made up when my grandfather immigrated. It’s like a phonetic spelling of the Italian name. So im just curious
  • Options
    Wow I absolutely love the names you all have posted! So many great and unique names. It’s incredible how popular Rowan has become it was on our list for a while too! 

We’ve decided on a girl name Ada Marie - after Ada Lovelace the first female computer programmer and Marie is mine and my moms middle name. A boy name has been much harder so any thoughts here would be welcomed...

top choices:
    -Theodore (Theo) Stone - omg what if he gets called ted... but I love Theo 
    -Owen Daniel - Daniel is my dads name
    -Jamison Reed - maybe Jami for short
    -Bram (mn tbd)

• Options
    @wiseh i kept my last name and our son has my husband's last name as his middle name and my last name as his last name.
  • Options
    @honeybeemarie if you end up with a girl, one of our favorite books is Ada Twist- Scientist. Her name is Ada Marie with Marie for Madame Curie. You should check it out. The entire series is adorable. 
  • Options
    I would have been Robert Anthony if I was a boy, so I’m leaning that way for a little boy. 
  • Options
    Oh my gosh! How adorable! Thanks @ncm1919!!!!
  • Options
    I love Isabella (or Arabella) and Ivy for a girl. I like Cole or Gabriel for a boy. My husband just keeps saying no to all my suggestions! He wants to wait til we are nearly due before we decide. I like being organized 😊
  • Options
    tkbmamatkbmama member
    edited February 2019
    We were set on a boy name and I thought we were having a boy. Turns out we're having a girl! I have loved the name Eleanor since I can remember for my daughter and it was his grandmother's name who has passed. But I would call her Ella not Ellie like granny was called. The middle name I want to do my mom's name Jayne. MIL is really pushing her middle name Alyce (Elise) but I'm not having it. 

Only issue is his nieces middle name is Eleanor and my niece's first name is Jayne. So DH is kind of against it bc he feels like we are copying. But I love the idea of calling her Ella Jayne.
  • Options
    I've always liked more classic names like Alice, Charlotte, Victoria etc... luckily I get to have another girl! 
  • Options
    I think we picked our name for our boy. Going with Magnus. 💙
  • Options
    We found out at our 20w scan that we’re having a boy, even though though we planned to be surprised like our other babies. It was VERY obvious. Lol. We decided on Wyatt Augustus for his name. He has an older sister Lorelai Mabel and an older brother Everett Milo.
  • Options
    lmcwlmcw member
    @sarcat87 I LOVE the name Magnus and haven't heard it in so long; I went to a predominantly Scottish church growing up and babysat for a couple who named their boys Angus and Magnus...and I am realizing they would be teenagers now and I feel old.

@alovelybean I've always liked the name Wyatt, but I have issues with same first and last initials, so it's sadly off my list :(

I've always had a girl's name (Margaret, family name) but hadn't really thought about boys until I got pregnant and suddenly had a bunch that I liked...I also had a very strong gut feeling that we were having a boy, which turned out to be right!

We haven't agreed on a name yet, mainly because whenever I ask my husband he says "I've had a couple thoughts but nothing is really standing out"...and if he says that again I may throw something at him. BUT I'm partial to Graham, Lucas, Theodore (Theo) and Nathan (Nate). We have a very German last name, and I'm feeling like so many first names just sound ridiculous with it! We will probably narrow it down to a couple of names and then decide when the little guy arrives.