Parenting

Daycare visits...Is my stepmom overstepping?

My stepmom has never had children of her own.  She's really tried to step into a grandparent role and my 2 year old son loves her.  They have a great relationship and we see her and my dad often.  Recently my stepmom has started asking to go visit him at his daycare center.  The center encourages parent involvement (grandparents too), but it is very uncommon for grandparents to visit.  It seems like seeing him outside of daycare is plenty, and the desire to go visit his center is over stepping.   Am I overreacting, or does this seem strange to anyone else?  

Re: Daycare visits...Is my stepmom overstepping?

• Does your son want to see her at daycare?  When I stop in during the middle of the day I usually get “Mommy, why you here?”  Lol. Maybe you could Comorans have her pick him up occupied if you’re not comfortable having her visit during the day. 
  • yeah. maybe get her more involved in his care. at the same time, trust your gut... If you are not comfortable with something - you are just not comfortable with it. It is what it is and you need to try and find a way of dealing with it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe she is beginning to fall for your child. As you mentioned she did not have a baby of her own. Give her a chance to do her role as your child's grandparent but if you are uncomfortable, I think it is best that you talk to her and set some limitations in a nice way.
  • When I used to work at a daycare I think I would have considered these kinds of visits disruptive. I prob would discourage her from visiting and just allow her some more time outside of daycare.

Me-36
    DH -35
    Married in 2008
    Started TTC in 2011
    Began testing May 2014
    Test Results
    HSG- clear
    Hysteroscopy- clear
    SA- 11 mil count
    45% motility
    Diagnosis: MFI
    July 2014: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    August 2015: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    September 2015: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    May 2018 after long period of not trying, starting adoption process with family friend's newborn
    November 2018 Adoption complete!