March 2019 Moms

Week 3 Check in W/O 2/4/19

This check in is for ladies with due dates 3/17-3/23. Let me know if this is your first check in and I will add you.

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to after giving birth ? 

Re: Week 3 Check in W/O 2/4/19

• Due date: 3/20

Any appointments? Questions?: Had a good MFM appointment yesterday. I have my 34 week midwife appt on Thursday.

Rants/Raves?: I mentioned in a couple other places that I'm not getting put on insulin (rave) but my breakfast numbers are still all over the place and it's frustrating me (rant)

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. We have nice weather the rest of this week so I want to start taking advantage of it and getting out walking, but between it still getting dark early, getting home at 4 and making dinner by 5 I'm not really sure how that is going to happen.

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to after giving birth ? A donut and a glass of wine.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Due date: 3/17 

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment today, 34 week check up. No questions! 

Rants/Raves?: Ranting because i am feeling the mad urge to nest and we still need a crib, changing table and car seat and i am dealing with my SO's and his family moving a little slower than i would like. i want everything done yesterday....its getting to the point that i am tempted to buy everything myself and get started. I am starting to be uncomfortable and don't know how much i am going to be able to do in the upcoming weeks.

How are you feeling?: my stomach just feels hard and big. very in the way. Its heavy to walk. and maybe she is dropping because i am definitely peeing a lot more than i was. energy is non existent although mentally i want to do all the things. I am starting to get excited, but still have anxiety because we are not ready yet. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to after giving birth ?  Definitely some alcohol and sushi. And sleeping on my stomach! I have been so tired moving around the house with housework and such and it will be nice to not have so much physical fatigue about going up and down stairs to do laundry. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Due date: 3/21

Any appointments? Questions?: Check-up yesterday, nothing for another two weeks. 

Rants/Raves?: I don't feel like any of my clothes fit. And, baby girl still seems to be hanging in the transverse position. 

How are you feeling?: OK, usual complaints: tired, achy, heartburn. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to after giving birth ? Wine! All the wine! 
  • Due date: 3/19 re-dated to 3/28

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment today, we will see how it goes. The practice that I'm going to has you see whoever is available, so you get to know a lot of the providers before delivery. But I feel like I'm going into every visit blind. 

Rants/Raves?: I did A TON of grocery/household shopping this weekend ($600 at Walmart, $100 at Target, $100 at Walgreens) and MH had nothing but criticism about how much I bought. I'm trying to stock up before the baby because he is totally helpless if I send him to the store. Like if I sent him for shredded cheese, it would be, "How big of a bag? What type of cheese? Where do I find it? Is sharp cheddar the same as mild cheddar?" So I'd rather just have most things ahead of time. Plus I'm making freezer meals so we don't spend a ton on takeout and delivery. It was just frustrating because I spent a lot of time shopping and planning and picking everything up, and he doesn't realize it's all for our family (including him)! 

How are you feeling?: I have been slacking on my daily exercise (exercise might be an exaggeration, more like daily stretches). Wanting to get back in the swing of things. Hoping baby doesn't come before my last day of work (3/8) because I'd really like some more time to prep my body.

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to after giving birth ? Wine, yep! There is nothing like it. 
  • Due date: 3/17

Any appointments? Questions?: 34 week and growth scan was today - all looks good. They told me that since I'm 40 they won't let me go past my due date and will strip membranes at my 39 week appointment and schedule an induction then. I'm really not happy about it. I'll be having weekly monitoring, if there's no sign of anything being wrong I really don't want to be induced before my body is ready to go into labor since it means I'm more likely to end up with a bunch of interventions.

Rants/Raves?:  Work is kicking my ass. DS has had mad diarrhea for three days, and this is following pink eye and an ear infection - he literally finished his antibiotics for that less than a week ago. DH is not the best at being emotionally supportive so I feel like I'm just kind of white knuckling it trying to get through, but I'm kind of at my breaking point. The only rave I've got is that they did a 3D shot during my ultrasound so I got to see baby girl's sweet face, and she even smiled for the camera. It was exactly what I needed.

How are you feeling?: Tired and stressed, but in terms of the actual pregnancy, not too bad. A little bit of heartburn and an achy back but nothing terrible.

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to after giving birth ? Not dealing with work for a few months. Baby snuggles. Booze - I allow myself a little glass of wine here and there but I miss bourbon. Also we went out to dinner tonight and the guy at the table next to us had a margarita. It looked sooooo good.
  • @gowenc I’m sorry your LO is still sick. My LO gets diarrhea from antibiotics sometimes. And I am also craving just about any alcohol you could put in front of me. I fell in love with bourbon last pregnancy because it always smelled soooo good.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::