Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY:  How did you meet your H?

Re: Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 2/4

• Loading the player...
  • @Panaceia ME!! I am still not sure if I’ve felt movement or not. Every time I think I might have and I focus on it I don’t feel anything else.  I’m hoping I feel definitive movements soon. I can relate to how you’re feeling bc I was terrified going into the anatomy scan because I haven’t felt anything. Everything was perfect at the scan and I hope that’s what happens at yours too.  I’m feeling better since the scan, but I think my pgal mind will get the best of me again if definitive movements don’t start before my next appt.  I think I can mentally handle the anxiety best if I keep busy and don’t have time to think about it.
  • @gbud630 that’s ridiculous that people act like that! I’m sorry you have to deal with that. 😥 
    what kind of workouts are you doing? Are you enjoying them? 
  • gembudgembud member
    edited February 2019
    @mama_bear19 it's disgusting, I really can't wait to find a job close to home after my maternity leave. So I found on youtube this channel Studio Tone It Up and they have 3 prenatal workouts and I'm really enjoying them, but next I'm going to add some barre. I had been doing barre before I got pregnant and loved it, plus it's easy to make adjustments if I need to for the babe.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @gbud630 Good luck finding something closer to home! That’s awesome! You might also like Kamilah Barrett’s prenatal workouts on amazon prime.  I have liked them so far. 
  • @Panaceia I’ve felt what I’m pretty sure is movement for a few weeks but I do second guess it a lot. Today at my A/S the baby did a jerky movement and I definitely felt it at the same time so I know at least some of what I’ve been feeling is the baby. It’s still hard to tell all the time though 
  • @mrscammack there are stretched, warm baths, and Tylenol. All recommended to me by OB's but honestly I haven't found anything yet that really works..

@gbud630 I try to take a minute to myself and get away from everything when I feel overly emotional. It doesn't always work but it's better than nothing. 

@Panaceia I'm just now able to really distinguish movement and gas/digestion. Movement is still random and few and far between though. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat thanks! I was thinking about asking my midwife whether she’d recommend a chiropractor, along with the sciatic it feels like my hip it popping in and out on the same side and I’m only 19 weeks! This didn’t happen until like 32 weeks with DD so I dread to think how bad this is going to get!
  • @gbud630, I’m also in NJ and commuting to NYC. I’m not there daily - but usually 2-3 days a week. People suck. Never offer a seat and totally push you. I stand with my hand on my stomach so that i can literally push someone away if I have to. 

I am also extra emotional lately and crying a lot. It’s all rationally sad but not AS sad as my crying would make you think. I’m sort of owning it and crying. Feels good. 
  • @pizzaplz, that’s a tad early because baby won’t have had first round shots yet. They are easy to travel with - but germs. And breastfeeding on demand can still be tricky at that age. Anyway, I would probably not go, sadly. And I’m generally team “GET THEM OUT EARLY!” 
  • @pizzaplz +1 to what @Happyin14 said. I'd be too concerned about germs etc.

@indulgentgypsy Love the story of your H! After SO and I met I found put he lived just a few houses down from me while he was going to university. It's a good thing we didn't meet then because he would have been 19 and I would have been 7:/
  • @gbud630 That's great you got a response! If nothing else at least it's a start. I wouldn't be able to handle the daily ride you described.
  • gembudgembud member
    edited February 2019
    @Panaceia I was shocked! Really thought it would be lost in the abyss of the millions of complaints they get. Definitely a start and even if nothing comes of it I feel better knowing I tried and at least said my peace. 
  • Ashers423Ashers423 member
    edited February 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 4th, 18+4 Baby is the size of a(n): Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):green Upcoming Appointments: Monday 2/11 anatomy scan, thur 2/14 regular appt/check up
     How are you feeling? Still have daily morning sickness, not much of an appetite
     Rants/Raves: I’m waiting for a “craving” this prwgnancy... I still only have aversions and just want to be able to eat 
     Questions:

GTKY: How did you meet your H? We went to school together from middle school on.... we were both in serious relationships all throughout high school and then once we were both 21 ran into each other with mutual friends at a bar... I told him I didn’t know how to shoot pool so needed his help, I also stole his hat that night.  He came over to my parents house a few nights later and saw my parents pool table in the basement 😂 

edit: apparently I forgot it’s tuesday so I’m 18+5 not 18+4
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 2 (19 weeks today)

Baby is the size of a(n): mango

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue! We found out last week at a surprise ultrasound I had for some mild bleeding. We already have 1 boy and 1 girl, so we're excited either way, but I convinced myself it was a girl!

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan next Wednesday

How are you feeling?: Not too bad. Hungry a lot

Rants/Raves:  Holy crap, the stretching pain I felt in my lower belly while rolling over in bed last night was awful!

Questions: 

GTKY:  How did you meet your H? We've known each other since we were 11, and went to high school together. We started dating our senior year and have been together since.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 2nd/19 weeks today! 

Baby is the size of a(n): mango 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue! 💙

Upcoming Appointments: just had anatomy scan yesterday. Everything looked great! 

How are you feeling?: FINALLY feeling like a human again. Still taking meds for the nausea but I have a huge appetite. I guess making up for not wanting to eat for 10 weeks. 

Rants/Raves:  rant: we were at the office for our anatomy scan yesterday and 5 minutes before our time the dr came out and said to the receptionist to cancel the rest of the appointments because he had to go deliver a baby. Obviously you can’t control when a baby is born but he wasn’t rushing to get there and still refused to see us. Just really poor bedside manner about the situation. Luckily they were able to get us into an imaging center for the scan. I would have been so sad if we didn’t get it yesterday. Rave: finally feeling better! 

Questions: none right now 

GTKY:  How did you meet your H?
    we met when we worked together in the same classroom.  I actually hated him the whole first year. He wasn’t too fond of me either. But the following year, I don’t know what happened but we started to tolerate each other. His nephew was born and used that to get me to go out with him to buy baby clothes. 4 1/2 years later we are married and expecting our first! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7, 18+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Sweet potato

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): PINK

Upcoming Appointments: monthly on 2/11 and AS on 2/19

How are you feeling?: alive and I'm already getting some nesting senses lol where I want to organize so many things in my house, but no time in the day to do it while working full time so every weekend is dedicated to a section of my house!

Rants/Raves:  I finally have the energy to want to DTD.

Questions: FTMs, what things have you bought your baby so far?

GTKY:  How did you meet your H? we met online on Plenty of Fish 5 years ago lol .. it was my first time trying online dating but I guess it was worth it.. haha
  • OMG!! Talk about pregnancy brain/brain  fart. I don't go here LOL!!!! Sorry!! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @gbud630, when someone DOES offer a seat, I feel like it’s always an older woman. Like “I’ve been there, take my seat.”

I was in a meeting today where the 6 month pregnant woman and the mom to a 5 month old insisted someone give me a seat. The mom to 5 month old gave me her seat and I wanted to yell REALLY, MEN?!?! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 19 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): string cheese

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): green

Upcoming Appointments: Valentine’s Day, anatomy scan ♥️♥️♥️ Excited to see sweet baby bean

How are you feeling?: mostly tired, food aversion is back and with a vengeance. My ob wants to talk about changing my nausea medication next week to help me eat. 

Rants/Raves: I keep losing weight. And while I have plenty to spare(plus size momma here) I’m nervous it could negatively impact my baby. I’ve gone through this every pregnancy, but this ones been the worst as far as losing more than I’m putting on. Hopefully once we get my food aversion under control I’ll be able to ease some of my anxiety over it.

DH and I put a bid in on a house! Hopefully our offer is accepted and we can move in before lo#4 arrives. 

questions: for those with food aversion, how do you maintain weight? I’ve been eating smaller meals and snacking mostly, along with taking medication, but it’s no longer helping. I plan on discussing with my ob next week but I’d like to approach her with a new game plan or some new ideas at least.

GTKY:
    How did you meet your H? 

We we met in high school and were best friends. We didn’t date until right before we parted ways for college. We spent the first two years of our relationship long distance and it really helped us to strengthen our relationship. We’re celebrating 4 years of marriage soon along with 9years of being together.
  • @Happyin14 100% agree, always an older woman. Oh man that's so sad, I really will never understand that - it's so easy to be a gentleman and say no no you both sit. JEEZ But, yesterday I got on the train and am just trying to find a spot where I can at least hold on but I'm getting shoved so I can't and out of no where an arm grabs me and pulls me into a seat - young man said he had two young kids - I think I embarrassed him with how much I thanked him haha!

@nopegoat happens to the best of us, you're always welcome here!
  • @hellmanpartyof5 I just eat what I can when I can. I eat a small breakfast and then nothing all day at work.  When I get home it's survival mode. I snack on whatever I can manage to put in my mouth. Luckily for me it's mostly fruits and vegetables so at least what I'm managing t keep down is mostly healthy:/
  • edited February 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  7/2/18/19 weeks, 2 days 

Baby is the size of a(n): mango (I am too brain dead to think of something creative like a crepe suzette.)

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue

Upcoming Appointments:  anatomy scan and appointment 2/13 

How are you feeling?:  Pretty decent. 

Rants/Raves:  We have not had a full week of school in three weeks.  At this rate, we'll be going into July. 

Questions: None right now. 

GTKY:  How did you meet your H?  I met him at a bar.  It was finals week and I did not want to go out.  But my friend dragged me out because she really wanted to hook up with some guy.  I had just gotten out of a two year relationship.  She saw DH and they apparently went to high school together.  We were at a bar notorious for being picked up by sketchy guys and I was done.  She asked me if I thought anyone was cute and I said DH was, however, I had no intention of starting anything.  Of course he came right downstairs from playing pool, told a random guy hitting on me that he was my boyfriend and then started buying me drinks (which I do not condone or recommend-lol).  He ended the night with the emotional line of "Where are you sleeping tonight?", to which I was able to resist (who knows how, right?).  Even despite that, I gave him my phone number.  He called me a few days later and referred to me by the wrong name-close but incorrect.  He asked me to dinner and I decided to go, but was a bit freaked out because I did not remember at all what he looked like and I was hoping he was not a serial killer.  I debated on just not going, but decided to and hear we are.  I can talk about the first date, but that is for another time.  But again, that might even be a better story than the meeting one.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/7 18weeks/4days

Baby is the size of a(n): artichoke 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue 

Upcoming Appointments: 2/20...I have to go every 2 weeks until I deliver 

How are you feeling?: pretty good 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY:  How did you meet your H? In the library in college. 
  • @babyginjuly I just noticed your question! FTM here, and I’ve bought a jogging stroller and that’s it. However, I am lucky enough to have inherited EVERYTHING I could want or need for this baby from my sister, neatly packed and labeled by age/size. I started looking at baby carriers and car seats last week, but then I remembered my sister’s stash and that took care of everything. 
  • @pizzaplz I love traveling with my baby. She is 14 months and has been on over a dozen flights.  But I'd have to agree, 6 weeks is a bit early. Honestly, your baby would likely be fine if you took great precautions but I can almost promise you that you will be extremely anxious about it the whole time. Throw that on top of usual post partum emotions, it could be a tough trip.

Not to mention the wedding itself. I took my 5 week old to my SIL (DH sister) wedding (babysitter fell through last minute) here in town. I tried to keep her in her carrier and covered but EVERYONE wanted to come say hi to the baby. I mean, I was surrounded by 100 family members all night. Everytime I went to change her diaper, everyone would come up in the bathroom and coo at her and try to touch her. "Can I hold her for a second?" all night long. Of course they asked, who can resist a baby? I played defense as much as I could but it just wasnt very fun playing gatekeeper all night. DH and I wound up leaving early. I am ultimately glad we went; my daughter got to meet her ailing great grandma for the first and only time before she passed away a few weeks later. That alone was worth it, but overall the experience was stressful. It was December and flu season and I was so anxious!

Fast forward 6 weeks later and we were on a plane to Mexico and it was fine. She has been on a plane nearly every other month since.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 5, so 19w

Baby is the size of a(n): not sure!

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan the 11th, cannot wait

How are you feeling?: mostly good but TERRIBLE insomnia

Rants/Raves: my 14 month old decided to move from cute baby to terrible toddler. Like in a week. It's like a switch flipped! I wasnt ready for this yet lol

Questions: 

GTKY : we met online. Not like a dating site but a message board like the Bump but for law students. We emailed for a year, never intending to actually meet. It was more like a penpal thing, we had so much in common. Not thinking we would ever meet, we were pretty open about everything. It was nice to have this "friend" to tell everything without judgment or fear of consequence. I visited Chicago for fun, where he lived, and that message board had a big meetup while I was there. We met in person and unexpectedly hit it off romantically. I returned to Chicago to see him two weeks later and we have been together ever since, almost a decade now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker