Meal plan monday! 2/4/19

what’s on the menu this week?
TW: MMC
BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
———
Diagnoses and Treatments
PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
———
BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

Re: Meal plan monday! 2/4/19

• I got distracted and forgot to make our menu last night! I'm thinking chicken caesar salads though! Maybe lemon pepper chicken, mmmm 😊
  • I haven’t been doing a good job of meal planning lately. I finally hopped on the instant pot train at Christmas and I have been choosing random stuff on pinterest lol. Its all come out good though. My goal for today is to sit down an plan out the week. 
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• Loading the player...
  • @ceclarlinetlo I have a recipe binder and a meal plan/grocery shopping list pdf file I made and print. I find that really helps me stay on top of it! So much less thought goes into it lol
  • I’ve been forced to be dairy free for about 9 months now and I struggle sometimes with meal planning because of it. I guess I’ve just been in a bit of a rut. But here’s what’s planned the next couple of days: 

Monday - cod fillets, tater tots, salad
    Tuesday - crockpot beef and vegetable soup
    Wednesday - breaded chicken with “make it mine” pasta from a cookbook

Beyond Wednesday... 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • YAY! Love this idea. Hoping to get some meal ideas because I feel like we eat the same thing over and over.

Monday - Aloha Chicken with rice
    Tuesday - Carne Asada tacos with avocado
    Wednesday - can't remember   :|
    Thursday - Steak & fingerling potatoes
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• *lurking*
    @stephanie123456 Where do you get your carne asada? Staters? Also, do you just put avocado on your tacos? Nothing else? I have never tried that...I usually do diced tomatos/onions, lime juice and cilantro. Might try the avocado now...
  • @lillywonderland HI FRIEND!!! We shop at Ralph's and it's on sale right now for less than $5 per lb. We don't have any Staters near us (which sucks  :'( ). DH is super picky about toppings so all he puts on his is cheese. I usually like a little lettuce but no onions or tomatoes (I hate the texture). But lime juice and cilantro sounds delicious!! I also like to make a spicy crema out of mayo, sour cream, ancho chili powder, lemon and lime juice and a bunch of other spices and we both put that on our tacos. DS eats his plain.

• @stephanie123456 Whoops. I guess I should have said HI FRIEND also. I’m taking our friendship for granted!! 🤣 UGH I’m so sorry you don’t have a Staters near you...that really is a tragedy. Interesting toppings. I learned what to put in mine from DH since he’s a native and I’m a transplant. 😆 I also give DS his plain (but separate, ‘cause he’s not even 2 and I don’t even wanna know how he would hold a taco), but he loves tomatos so I give him those also. Kid can pound tortillas like it’s his job. 
  • Hi Ladies!  This is what I’m planning this week.

Pork loin roast, mashed sweet potatoes and roasted greenbeans 

Grilled chicken Greek pitas

Blackened fish tacos with “super slaw” (kale & broccoli slaw)

Pork green chile stew
  • I made wild rice soup for tonight. We’ll do mixed lentils, lentil soup, and tacos this week. I’m not sure what else yet. We often do chicken nuggets once a week. We’re trying to use up foods we have in the house instead of just buying more. 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • How does anyone gain weight with morning sickness? I can hardly get through a bowl of cereal 😭 #6weeks
  • How does anyone gain weight with morning sickness? I can hardly get through a bowl of cereal 😭 #6weeks
    Eating carbs, since it’s usually the one thing that stays down. I’m currently living off French fries
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • cmbt2 said:
    How does anyone gain weight with morning sickness? I can hardly get through a bowl of cereal 😭 #6weeks
    Eating carbs, since it’s usually the one thing that stays down. I’m currently living off French fries
    Yes! I haven’t had any nausea yet this time buy last time I double fisted cherrios all day long.
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    ———

• I have to admit I had fallen off of the meal planning bandwagon the past month or so, but I'm back at it starting this week! 

M: Salmon and roasted ratatouille (any other Ina Garten fan girls?!)
    T: Sausage, peppers, and black beans skillet
    W: Lemon Mediterranean chicken salad (love every salad I've tried on the Cafe Delites blog)
    R: Lamb and root veggie stew 
    F: Date Night!
  • I was so terrible with cooking last week, we ended up eating out a lot 😮 I did make chicken and shrimp fajitas last night, that’s one of our favorite meals

@cuduebor lamb and root veggie stew sounds delicious! 
  • Yummy! Loving seeing all of your meal ideas!

• Today: 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Tuesday: 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Wednesday: 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Thursday: 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Friday: 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Saturday:🤷🏻‍♀️
    Sunday: 🤷🏻‍♀️

I suck at meal planning. 
    This made me laugh out loud. 😂
  • Monday- burgers with fruit and veg
    Tuesday- spaghetti with salad and toast
    Wednesday- breakfast burritos
    Thursday- eat out for Mom’s birthday 
    Friday- Leftovers
  • What have you all been doing for lunches? I’m a SAHM and DH works from home. Usually we eat leftovers but I haven’t been cooking dinner as much lately 😕 I don’t do lunch meat during pregnancy and only do tuna once a week. And I’m dairy free. So yeah, lunchtime has been a blast lately 
  • @melanier26 I know what you mean - all this fatigue has got our house ordering way too much takeout! Trying to do better this week. I mostly do salads for lunch with plant based protein sources, or I’ll grill up extra chicken breasts from a dinner one day to make things fast and easy. Today I had a scoop of tuna salad on top of romaine, tomorrow is a Greek style arugula salad with farro, pasteurized feta, and chickpeas for protein, and Thursday is an arugula, lemon, and spring pea pasta salad. I try to do things where I can mix and match ingredients to change things up through the week without putting in too much effort. I typically do a big comforting stew or soup on Sundays and we have those leftovers on Monday and treat yo self Friday’s :)
  • @melanier26 I've been trying to eat better for lunches too. I've been trying to do salads but I always forget to add protein (and then wonder why I'm so hungry an hour later  :expressionless: ). But I bought ground turkey for DH to cook for me, as well as some black beans and that's usually perfect for lunch. I've been making hard-boiled eggs too for snacks, keeping raw almonds at work, yogurt, baby carrots. But every single day, I crave the bad stuff!!

This week's meals:
    Monday: BBQ chicken and rice pilaf
    Tuesday: Homemade cheeseburgers
    Wednesday: Tri-tip, potatoes and peas

That's as far as we got  B)

• I ended up making baked bbq chicken, rice and corn for dinner. It was so yummy but I now feel as close to getting sick as I have so far 🤢 So upsetting. Though I really need to get myself some Zantac, my reflux has been getting worse and it could just be that
  • I made spaghetti for the family tonight but cooking the ground beef turned my stomach. 🤢 I had eggs and toast instead.
  • @cuduebor your meals sounds so good! I may have to steal some of your meal plans due to some serious cooker's block I've got going on here.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga