1st Trimester

How do you get rid of nausea during pregnancy? Any tips?

I have tried crackers, ginger drops and lemon juice! Anything else?

Answers

• Sea bands might help. 
  • Tums, nauzene, ginger trips tablets, ginger ale, plenty of fluids, crackers. All of these these things have helped at some point. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My doctor said that taking a combo of vitamin B6 and the active ingredient in Unisom helps.... He prescribed a medication for my nausea that my insurance wouldn't cover, so he said that is basically all it was. Mine recommended it, but check with your Ob first before trying that just in case.
  • Ginger gum and SeaBands (both made by SeaBands)
  • Preggy Pop Drops helped me. You can buy them at (most) Targets or Amazon.
  •  Does anyone know if it's safe to drink diet sprite? It's the only thing that helps my nausea but someone said the artificial sweetener is bad for the baby. However, I've been on keto  (aka no sugar, low carbs) since thanksgiving. So Ive only had artifical sweetener and I don't think suddenly adding real sugar into my diet is going to be a good thing either....
  •  Does anyone know if it's safe to drink diet sprite? It's the only thing that helps my nausea but someone said the artificial sweetener is bad for the baby. However, I've been on keto  (aka no sugar, low carbs) since thanksgiving. So Ive only had artifical sweetener and I don't think suddenly adding real sugar into my diet is going to be a good thing either....
    Depends on how much coffee or other caffeinated beverages you drink. Unless sprite doesn’t have caffeine? I don’t drink soda so I have no idea what is caffeinated or not 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • @cmbt2 there's no caffeine in sprite. I'm more concerned with the artificial sweetener,  aspartame . I don't normally drink soda but somethings gotta give with this constant nausea. 
  • @nightdreamr13 I'd ask your doctor about the aspartame.  It's definitely worth looking into.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I was told to take Viatmin b6 and unisom.
  • @nightdreamr13 can you try regular Sprite?  Obviously it has more calories than diet but the sweetener is just sugar or corn syrup or similar rather than a cocktail of chemicals.  If you're having it in moderation it should be fine.