April 2019 Moms

STM+ Check In w/o 1/30

How far along are you? How big is baby? 

How many kids do you already have? 

How are your other kids doing this week? 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? 

GTKY: We’ve got ourselves a polar vortex. Share your top three indoor activities to get us all through unsafe temps.

Re: STM+ Check In w/o 1/30

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    31 weeks/bunch of asparagus

dD is 1.5

How are your other kids doing this week? 
    Off her nap schedule and therefore extra “helpful”/mischievous 

Mini rave that I’m awake when no one else is and can get things in order in my house/be the last comment on seven threads in a row here...more activity for you guys to read when you wake up? Love ya!

GTKY: We’ve got ourselves a polar vortex. Share your top three indoor activities to get us all through unsafe temps.
    1. Clean. She likes to do this and I don’t have an issue with it. Though she is using Lysol wipes to wipe her mouth so I need a better disposable wipe for her.
    2. Read library books together - there’s a reading challenge this winter so I’ve got a stack each week to get through.
    3. Practice shapes, colors, and drawing. I don’t pull out paper for her to draw on often enough, so this is a challenge for me over then next few days!
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? Oh man I think 29+2? Something of that sort. Pineapple babies.

How many kids do you already have? One DS - he'll be four in a couple weeks.

How are your other kids doing this week? So. Whiny. Like, I almost sat down and cried last night. DH works in HVAC so he's slammed right now and wasn't home and yesterday I was just trying to get dinner done after working all day and DS wouldn't even let me go pee without coming and whining at me about SOMETHING. He was usually pretty good once I said "I can't understand what you're saying when you whine" but I'm just so not into this whining phase.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? Everything hurts.

1. Magnatiles. An absolute godsend. I'm hoping one he wakes up I can get him to do those or Megablocks.
    2. Like @lyse01 we'll be doing some coloring too. We have poster sized paper that he loves to draw on but I think we might work on doing some Valentines coloring from grandmas and aunts. I just bought a nice pad of thicker white paper for him to use at the table and he's digging that.
    3. SNS but there will be screen time. I'm technically working from home today, but his tablet is charged up and we'll see if he will compromise on something not mindnumbing on Netflix (can't we just watch Octonauts? I LOVE Octonauts)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It's too cold for our postal service to work right now and DS comes out of his room butt naked for the day. This kid.
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 27.5

How many kids do you already have? 1 DD 2 yo

How are your other kids doing this week?  She has been eating really good and showing a few readiness signs for potty training. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions?  Anyone else freaking about about delivery and leaving older LOs and when to indroduce?

GTKY: We’ve got ourselves a polar vortex. Share your top three indoor activities to get us all through unsafe temps.  --- we suck at this. we do things like playdoh, puzzles and movies. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• @lyse01 give her one of her wipes that you use to wipe her bottom. Or a kitchen washcloth.
    @MRDCle OMG the whining doesn't stop by 4? That makes me sad. My kid constantly whines and it grates my nerves SO. MUCH.
    @kosmo86 I'm most worried because DD is such a routine kid and she's going to wake up that morning to Grandma being at our house (which she adores my mom) but it's not her routine. And once she's out of her routine, she's pissed. So even though I really want DH to stay with me at the hospital, he may have to go home in the evening for a few hours to eat dinner with her and put her to bed. And maybe even stay the night once or twice.

How far along are you? How big is baby? 28+4 - as tall as a bowling pin 

How many kids do you already have? 1 DD - 2.5

How are your other kids doing this week? She's been good, I'm honestly starting to get a little sentimental that she's not going to be an only child in 11 weeks. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? I'm terrified of handling more than one kid. Like. When they are both screaming. How to make sure they sleep at the same time? How does this even happen? (cue breathing into a brown bag).

First, weather shouldn't hurt your face. It's flat out rude of Mother Nature to do this to all of us. 
    1. She has a dollhouse that she will spend hours playing in. 
    2. Coloring and magnatiles
    3. Movies - because seriously, how can any parent stay totally focused on their child ALL DAY?
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 27 weeks - kale or lettuce maybe?

How many kids do you already have? 1 DS almost 4

How are your other kids doing this week? Getting over a cold. He’s doing better at sleeping in his own bed through the night. But is still waking up a few times. We live in a 1 bedroom apartment so I’m up all the time. 

We barely leave the house when it’s 30 or lower. We stick to little craft projects. Michaels has a bunch of cheap ones or ideas that are seasonal. Right now we’re painting a wooden castle and adding flags. 
    Then it’s coloring/painting, puzzles, play doh, legos, cars, games (candy land, connect4). We have a few activity books that he can practice/learn the letters and numbers. 
  • @mrstmoose - I am having a hard time dealing with the idea of bringing another baby home and dealing with routines and what not. I also feel SOOO connected to my DD and she is such a mommas girl that I am worried about what will happen. It actually kept me up most of last night. We don't have anyone ever babysit or anything so she is not used to being away from me. I want to keep her routine close to the same but I just don't think its going to go well....queue panic attack
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• @kosmo86 and @mrstmoose that's been a big anxiety point for me lately. I'm not that concerned about delivery, he's been away from me for 3-7 days before so that should be fine, but I definitely worry about him adjusting to being one of three instead of one of one. I'm also so tired and low on patience that I KNOW I'm not being the best mom I can be for him right now and that makes me feel like shit. 
  • Aaaannddd because I didn’t do dishes last night, I ended up giving DD blueberries in a ceremic bowl that she then brought back to the counter but it fell and broke. And then I cried for half an hour, totally inconsolable. 
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 28+6 rollerblade/eggplant

Dd-4

How are your other kids doing this week? Well she fell asleep in the car while we were running errands last night and slept till 2:45 this morning. She’s been watching cartoons since then and super whiny. Today is going to be rough. 

Too tired to think. 

Blocks/LEGO’s 
    coloring/activity books
    and the tv, lol. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 29w1d, acorn squash

How many kids do you already have? 6 yo DD, 3 yo DS

How are your other kids doing this week? Stomach flu AGAIN! Ugh. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions? See above.

GTKY: We’ve got ourselves a polar vortex. Share your top three indoor activities to get us all through unsafe temps. Meh it was only 9 degrees this morning. No big deal. Honestly our go to indoor activities are tablets, movies, or LEGO. I will say DD was outside riding her bike yesterday, lol. She is not deterred by the cold.
  • How far along are you? How big is baby?   30+2.  A zucchini

How many kids do you already have?  Twin girls who will be 4 soon!

How are your other kids doing this week?   Pretty good. For the most part.  H and I disagreed about bedtime last night.  The girls were awful on Monday night playing for hours and turning their lights on so I took all the toys out of their room.  So last night I said they could each have 2 toys but that was it.  One wanted a third and started crying when I said no, two is enough.  When we go downstairs H says "In 2 minutes if she isn't done crying just because she can't have a third I'm going to take her toys away."  Like what!?  She's upset.  I feel like he expects a lot from them.  She's upset and showing her emotions, I don't think that's a bad thing.  She stopped right away and was fine but it makes me sad that he won't let them be upset when they're upset because he thinks they shouldn't cry.

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions?   I delivered the twins at 30+5 which is just 3 days away from where I am now.  Scary to think.  I'm so tired of being tired and sore and emotional and ready for this baby to come but I would not go through a 56 day NICU stint again.  Whenever I think of how done I am of this pregnancy I think about leaving my babes in the hospital alone to go home without them.  I can get through 10-ish more weeks.

We like to do painting and colouring.  My kiddos love playing dress up and house.  Movies.  No shame in my game, sometimes they just need to sit down and rest and a movie is the only way.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kosmo86 my DD is a total mommy’s girl too. I’m really anxious about it honestly. I’ve been working on helping her play more independently and let her dad do things with her, which will hopefully make things easier for her. Hopefully. It’s still gonna be really rough. 

27+5, lettuce baby 

DD is a couple months from 2. 

She’s doing alright. She was tugging on her ears yesterday and I thought I’d have to take her to see the doc in these temps, but she’s not been doing it today. She just finished up with a month of runny nose and drainage so I thought an ear infection was impending. But the last time she did have one, there were literally no symptoms, and we only found it because she was in for a check up. And then last time I thought she had one, because of ear tugging, she didn’t. So I don’t even know. She’s a little fussy, but she’s also getting canines in. Who knows. 

R/R/Q: I’ve been sleeping alright lately but last night I woke several times just from the house popping from the cold. It was loud as a gunshot a few times and scared the crap out of me. 

GTKY:

1. Bubbles. Though, now that I get winded super easily, I can only blow them for so long until I get dizzy. Haha.
    2. Play doh. 
    3. Coloring books.