February 2019 Moms

Weekly random 1/14 -1/30

2»

Re: Weekly random 1/14 -1/30

• @mydogclimbstree Thank you! I was truly having a paranoid moment and now I feel better. Some friends actually surprised us with some gifts that included some essentials tonight :D My lesson here is patience and gratitude! I am sorry to hear you're on bed rest. I am positive it will make you and the baby stronger and safer for the duration of your stay <3<3<3
  • What's everyone up to today? My hubs is working so it's just the 3yr old, dogs n I.   Its about -10 degrees out so I'm trying to think of things to do to release their pent up energy. Winter is the worst!
  • Loading the player...
  • The cramping is real ladies! Been getting stronger and stronger but no pattern, this is going to be a long few weeks.....
  • Is anyone else super tired? I've started sleeping through the nights again (knock on wood that I'm not jinxing it), but I've been feeling super tired throughout the day still. Yesterday, I had the day off and had plans to go run some errands... I ended up not even changing out of my PJs!
  • Definitely tired but still starting my days at 3 am or so. Just can't sleep no matter what I do. I can get about 4 hours then I'm awake. Guess it's good practice! Only 1 more week!!!
  • I can say yes to the cramping, feeling super tired, and the start of insomnia! 
    Anyone else notice issues with healing/immune system. I've either been sick or not healing well. Over a week ago I slipped and fell outside (gotta love northern weather) and my knee scrape is looking infected. I've never gotten an infection from a skin scrape before.

• @bellebaby221 ah! so excited for you! I hope you're able to get some good restful sleep before it all begins!

@corgicreator oh my! I have noticed that I'm not healing as fast either. I accidentally burned my hand on a pot a few weeks ago while cooking (it is not a bad burn at all) and it seems to be taking a long time to fade. I hope you are okay from your fall!
  • @kenishi super tired too, hoping sleep will start to get better soin!

@bellebaby221 so exciting!!!how are you feeling?

@corgicreator oh no that stinks hope you are healed soon!!
  • Anyone been dropping things more often lately?
  • Dropping things or just not wanting to pick things up off the floor?!  I'm tired as well. I also landed flat on my back on the ice this morning... Feeling sore. 
  • @jgrodo hanging in there! Today I feel like she might go full alien on me and just pop out if my belly button! Seriously my abdomen is stretched so much it hurts! I honestly feel like she's half way out most days because she's so low. 

I drop everything the days too. If my kids aren't around it stays on the floor unless it's absolutely critical to what I'm doing. I don't bend down. 
  • jgrodojgrodo member
    edited January 2019
    @bellebaby221 haha! That would be some entrance ;) It's so weird where they end up pushing?!  Did you see the maternity someone had done that were alien themed? 

Glad I'm not alone with the dropping things and then leaving them on the floor! I dont think I've dropped so many things until recently.
  • I missed that one but that would be awesome!
    She keeps her back rolled out all the time so I never get relief from the stretching. 
  • @BelleBaby221 great idea of having kids change out of school clothes. My first two (and niece) were summer babies-
    never even thought about clothes! 
  • ah! I totally jinxed myself, I was up most of the night!

I'm with you all, if it drops on the floor and isn't important... it is staying there until someone else picks it up, haha!
  • @corgicreator I have been super healthy this whole tine and yesterday WHAM some kind of stomach bug hit me! Today feeling tons better though.

@jgrodo My balance is off definitely  :D
  • @bellebaby221 ahhh so exciting !! Keep us posted! 
  • @bellebaby221 yay!!! So exciting!!!
  • @glitterbug6 I am also feeling like I've caught a bug! Its been on and off the past few days... it is terrible!!

• I have been so tired and definitely getting more rest than I should, it seems like. For a while though I was barely sleeping at all, now it’s the opposite, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it goes back to sleepless nights again soon (before baby comes). I think I have been sleeping about 9 or 10 hours every night for the past 2 weeks, and I’m 36 weeks. 

Does anyone else else have an unstoppable amount of drool when they lay down to sleep? Since almost the very beginning of the pregnancy, I have had SO MUCH extra saliva that it makes me feel gross. As soon as I put my head on the pillow to sleep, it starts collecting under my cheek and then I have to keep wiping the wetness off of my face. Now I have a dry patch/ sore on the left corner of my mouth since I’ve been sleeping on my left side so much and it stings all the time.
  • I'm pissed at the people I work with. Three of them were working all week with respiratory infections. One confirmed case of flu. Now I have a sore throat and feel like crud. I don't think it's flu but coughing constantly isn't helping my stretching bump any. My c/s is in 4 days. I pray I'm over the cough by that point. That would suck so much. I guess these last couple of days are going to be rough!
  • One thing I won't miss after baby arrives is the nightly butt hiccups when I finally lay down to sleep. 
  • @zencats I envy your sleep! Although the past two nights baby girl let me sleep for 6 hrs straight instead of peeing every two hours!

@BelleBaby221 Just think healthy thoughts! I stood at the pharmacy for an hr today in a room full of people with the flu and all I could do was keep my space, not touch anything, and calm down. Then when I got to my car I allowed myself to bitch about it for at least a couple of minutes to my hubby  :p Best wishes on your c section!
  • @bellebaby221 That is complete crap.  I get it if they don’t have paid sick leave though and/or get some repercussion for calling out, but if not, they’re just walking biological weapons. Why don’t people just stay home!?!?
  • @sjnsjnsjn That's what I said! The woman with the flu came into work not feeling well but stayed all day, including coming to the party work threw for me. Then went home in the afternoon to see the doctor. Our work is very generous with sick leave and working from home so why come in? It's one thing to not be symptomatic and not realize you're coming down with something but these 3 definitely were. 3 days to get better so fingers crossed!!
  • @glitterbug6 6 hours is how much I was getting when I thought I was going to die of sleeplessness! I’m so sorry you’re not getting more sleep. I’m basically a cat when it comes to sleep, before I got pregnant I could sleep for 14 hours some days (on my days off), idk what’s wrong with me lol. These days I get up to pee in the middle of the night but then I go right back to sleep. 

@bellebaby221 Drink EmergenC and lemongrass tea! EmergenC has electrolytes in it too so it’s great for staying hydrated while pregnant as well as getting some vitamins and lemongrass tea is an immune system strengthener. I’ve been drinking both for a few months and this is the first winter I haven’t gotten sick 
  • @bellebaby221 how are you feeling?! Thats horrible people would come to work like that. Come on. Your big day is tomorrow !!  I hope you don’t have a cough, that would be horrible..
  • @cali1710 I'm feeling better since I got on robitussin! I actually sound worse than I feel. I had my pre op meeting this morning so they're ready to give me stuff at the hospital to keep me from coughing before and after the surgery. 
    I'm so ready!!
  • Coming in from the January board...Based on my last period, I estimated my due date to be Jan 22, but at my dating scan, he was measuring small so they changed the EDD to Feb 1st. Was really hoping he would come in January, but now it's looking like he may be a February baby after all. 

At my last appointment, I was around 1-2 cm dilated, and i have another appointment tomorrow...so hopefully there will be some more progress :( 
  • @bellebaby221 that's great that you're feeling better! And that they're prepped for your cough! Goodluck tomorrow!!! So exciting!
    @sarahsaurus-2 welcome! Good luck tomorrow, hopefully there will be more progress
  • I’m only 38 weeks today and the thought of being pregnant for a whole more 2 to 3 weeks makes me sad. Lol I literally wake up sad. But you know, they come eventually right. Lol my heart burn sucks, my Braxton Hicks hurt more then ever. I wish I was sleeping right now but I’m here typing this post. What more can I say. Sigh 
  • No more progress at my appointment this morning and now doctor is starting to talking about inducing :(. She scheduled an ultrasound for next week to check the babys size (he was measuring 6 lbs 12 oz at my 36 week appointment). So now I feel like I'm probably going to end up having a c-section because the longer he stays in there, the bigger he gets. 

I dont even feel any contractions or anything happening :(
  • @bellebaby221 thats so sweet! Good luck today!!
  • @bellebaby221 Today is the day! Yay! Congratulations!! Hoping everything goes well for you!!

@sarahsaurus-2 welcome!! Wow! Sounds like quite a lot to take in over the last few days!!! Thinking of you!
  • @chartayv I seriously feel like my whole pregnancy flew by so quick and now these last few weeks are literally the slowest...
  • @kenishi sigh time is literally crawling and I’m becoming more and more uncomfortable. While at least I can still kind of sleep lol.