Infertility
Options

Feeling anxious about second round of IVF

During my 1st IVF cycle and 1st FET  I had a successful pregnancy and healthy little girl. The following two FET did not work- one didnt take and the other ended in a miscarriage.  We plan to start another cycle as we have no embryos left. I am 39 and time isnt on my side but I am very anxious to try again. I have been taking, supplements, doing acupuncture, eating healthy and exercising to keep sane and get my body ready. Any words of advice or encouragement from those who have been through more than one round of IVF. My retrieval recovery was pretty awful which makes me scared for another.

Re: Feeling anxious about second round of IVF

• Options
    Hi there. I'm in a similar situation as you are. First IVF/FET cycle was successful. Then we transferred our last embryo during a second FET and it didn't take. I'm now doing stims for a second retrieval and my first one was brutal. I'm also worried about everything and feel like time is slipping away from me (I'm 35). The way I look at it, I don't have another option and we want more kids. I'm really hoping for a better outcome this time around with the retrieval, but I'm scared as well. I'm more open this time around and I've opened up to close friends and family about our struggles and bumpy road, which has been nice as the first time I was all alone in this process (with the exception of all the lovely internet friends I met on these boards). A good support network + strong state of mind = you've got this girl! 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Options
    Thank you! Support is always helpful! Good luck to you and your growing family!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm also in a similar situation.  We did 2 rounds of IVF (1st m/c, 2nd our sons) in 2011, and we're meeting with our RE on the 15th to see if he thinks we have a shot at trying again.  Our original diagnosis was severe MFI, but now I'm 39 so I'm sure egg quality will be an issue as well.  I'm scared and nervous but also trying to stay optimistic and hopeful.  It was, is, and always will be SUCH a roller coaster!
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Options
    Hi all! I'm on day 4 of stims during our second round of ivf. The first round in November wasn't successful. We had 9 mature eggs, 8 fertilized, 4 made it to day 3, and 2 made it to day 5. We did PGD testing and,  unfortunately, the two that made it both were chromosomally "not viable". I was already anxious the first time around, but this time is even more anxiety- producing because of our first experience. I'm 41 with decent- for- my- age levels of everything, and DH is 39 and totally fine. I'm hoping, praying, taking supplements, using essential oils, and trying super hard not to be so dang anxious...FX it's all working!! And, FX for all you ladies as well!! One foot in front of the other... one day at a time! Hugs!!!!
  • Options
    @yankeebelle77 - Awww thank you! Good luck to you! Sending well wishes for a great outcome!