DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
Team Green!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC 1/25

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mkrel my twins were nearly 2 before I spent a single night away from them and it was not by choice (a work trip)...  since then only because DD#2 was in the hospital I was away from them for 7 nights other than that I think I could count on 1 hand the number of nights away and they are almost 4... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @jmesue1030 I think it would be different if we had any family that lived anywhere near us and or if I trusted our parents to watch them.... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @aecm I can't remember the last time I vacuumed, either! I try to get the housekeeper to come every other week, even though lately she & I have taken turns postponing the cleanings. When I see how bad our floors are, though, I just think, "Alyse comes in three days, no point in me doing it now!" 

My FFFC is that I don't feel guilty about taking time away from my Pickle. It helps me be a better mom. 
  • Options
    @oklahomak girl, you know I love me some Jimmy's! I get it almost once a week: #5 with mayo & hot peppers, every time!
  • Options
    @mkrel @wabash15 I'm similar. Besides the week she spent in the NICU, I've only spent 3 nights away from DD and that was when I had to go out of town for my grandmother's funeral. 

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The only time I've spent away from DS#1 is the two nights I was in the hospital when DS#2 was born, never been away from DS#2. But I blame DH, he is such a homebody he hates travel.
    This June I'm forcing him to come with me on a work trip to NYC, Sun-Thurs. Will get out at 5 every night and have the evenings to ourselves. Leaving the boys with my mom. I'm nervous, but I can't wait. I just hope he doesn't back out. (or the client doesn't cancel, no way we can pay for a NYC hotel for 4 nights ourselves.)

• Options
    @wabash15 makes sense. We are very fortunate to have family within a couple of hours drive who we trust to take good care of him. 
  • Options
    @jmesue1030 No judgement at all! Both of our families are not local.  My parents are actually moving here, so I'm hoping we can get more date nights and time just the two of us, it just hasn't been an option.  Then when we do see our family, we want to spend time with them also! We actually didn't even go out on a date until my daughter was 9 months old and we brought my parents on vacation with us. 

• Options
    With DS 1 I can't remember exactly when we had our first night away but it was definitely before 1 year. With DS2 we went to Boston when he was 6 months old and left both boys with my m and Aunt. With DD I can't remember the first time we spent away from her but it was probably early.

I'm definitely addicted to Starbucks and I don't caaaaare.
  • Options
    Also I have no desire to potty train my almost 2 year old. I mean, I'm still trying. But I really don't want to.
  • Options
    @zamora_spin I have eaten a bagel and cream cheese for dinner three times this week. MH texted that he picked up more bagels from our fav deli so this will continue!
  • Options
    @mamak225 I don't even think that she isn't ready. She loves sitting on the toilet and tells us when she poops and pees. I just don't want to put the effort in lol. Well that and having a potty trained kid isn't all it's cracked up to be. All it means is more stops on road trips and more laundry. But I know if I don't do it soon I'm going to miss the "easy" window and I'll be begging her to pee in the toilet so she can go to kinder haha.
  • Options
    @MamaK225 I also swear around/at my kids. None of them repeat any of it. The boys have a time or two but I just told they were grown up words and they never did again 
  • Options
    @heml I ate my last one last night but I am hoping to pick up some more on the way home or get DH to. We don't have great bagel places around us so the ones I've been eating are Finagle's from the grocery store. 

@suzycupcake No judgment on the sushi, but early on we were traveling and had sushi for lunch. I ordered a California roll figuring all the things in it would be cooked. Woops, it had fish eggs in it but I ate it anyway figuring the fish eggs had been frozen and were ok. DH had the same thing plus also a tuna roll. DH got food poisoning that night and is sure it was the sushi. The place we ate at had really good reviews and lots of people. Felt like the universe was telling me not to chance it from thereon out :# 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin *plugs ears* La la la la laaaaa I'm not listening! :D 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
    edited January 2019
    @zamora_spin I’ve had a bagel for breakfast everyday this week...and toast for dinner for the last 3 nights. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @Avrilmai I don't know if you are near a ghiradelli or a soda shop but they should make malts...
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @wabash thanks! I actually edited that part out of my post. I forgot what thread I was in. Thoughts it was the food one! So I posted over there. Unfortunately we don’t have either of those here.  :/

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    I talked to the nanny about giving the boys too much screen time and said she needed to not give them screen time during the day. 

Mostly because I want that screen time reserved for me. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    Is this the thread where we dump all our dirt?

I have zero physical desire to be intimate with my husband right now. It’s been a while because I’ve been all day nauseas and he is definitely deserving. I’m *starting* to feel a little more normal (as in I’m not nauseas 24/7), so I feel like he’s expecting something soon, but it’s just not at the top of my to-do list when I finally get some energy back. I love him and all that good stuff but the thought of being jostled around still makes me want to hurl. 
  • Options
    I did not spend a night away from DD until she was 3.5 years old and that was to give birth to DS...labor, delivery and recovery I was gone about 36 hours and she came to the hospital twice .

I left DS for the first time at 15 months for 5 nights for a work hard play hard trip. He stopped nursing after that and legit forgot who I was for a few days. It traumatized me. 

Next May I have a chance to go to a Sandals resort with coworkers and I am already thinking I will do it despite the above experience. Baby will be 9 months old and I know I will have major mom guilt. This will probably be my last and I already have anxiety about not being able to breastfeed again after the trip. 

Dh and I have actually only spent 1 night away from the kids together in the past 6 years. We would gladly take more time away but lack a good support system to happily take then overnight for us. In 2021 I am hoping we will be able to take a week away for an all inclusive or cruise for our 10 year anniversary. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 me neither, and it's not because of nausea...but I just don't have it in me 😭
  • Options
    I travel for work about one week a month and I started travelling again when both babies were about 5 months old. I don't like it, but I don't have a choice. DH also travels the same amount. We've overlapped trips once and the kids stayed with my mom. I will say though that the first night of the first trip for each kid was the beat sleep I ever got haha. Talking 12 hours+ of glorious sleep each of those nights. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    I worked nights when DS1 and DS2 were young, so I was away frequently at night. With DS3, I wasn’t away until I gave birth to DD1. We have yet to spend a full night away from DD1 and she’s almost 15 months old and I probably won’t be away until I give birth to this little one. 

We have Echos and I believe Alexa is listening, but I don’t care. We are soooo boring. She’ll hear me say “no” to two toddlers all day and “no” to a moody tween all evening. Lol

My FFFC (now FFSC I guess) is that I haven’t gotten Italian subs on multiple occasions this pregnancy and feel zero guilt. I’ve also been living off of cheese and Girl Scout cookies this week.  :D