1st Trimester
Options

Nervous

Hey guys! I currently have a 4YO and a 6YO. I recently got married and just found out on a fluke that I’m pregnant. My nexplanon was taken out after 4 years Dec 4. I had what I really believe to be a period Dec 27. Then last week on Thursday ended up in the ER with a really bad UTI that felt like something else. My levels got checked and they were 479 on Thursday. I did another blood hcg yesterday and find out today. I’m super nervous. I’ve had a loss at 5 weeks, a healthy 40 week pregnancy, a loss at 11 weeks, a healthy 39 week pregnancy. It’s heen nearly five years since I’ve had a baby. 😅 I’m nervous and excited. 

Re: Nervous

• Options
    Hey, congratulations! I don't know when your due date is, but there are birth month clubs on here with lots of women in them to talk to about being pregnant. Just be sure to read the thread that says read this first board organization to learn how that specific group works before you post. You can find the birth month clubs here
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    I assumed the first trimester was broad enough for my question. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can totally ask the question here, but this board is pretty dead and you won't get much feedback. Like @suzycupcake suggested, the birth month boards are very active and you will probably find someone in a similar situation or at least an awesome group of ladies to give you support!
  • Options
    I don’t know what month it is. They haven’t dated it because my period may or may not have been a fluke. They are basically guessing. 
  • Options
    I don’t know what month it is. They haven’t dated it because my period may or may not have been a fluke. They are basically guessing. 
    Have they offered a dating ultrasound? That's pretty standard if there's any confusion about dates. You should definitely ask if it's not offered. 
  • Options
    They did an ultrasound in the Er. They said it showed a gestational sac but nothing else at the time. That was Thursday. 
  • Options
    a little bit of googling would tell you that your probably about 5 weeks when you were at the ER.... I bet you could do the math....
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    That’s why I’m confused. I had a period. I just had my nexplanon taken out dec 4. So I wasn’t sure if I was farther along with super low levels or super early with low rising levels. Not everyone trusts google and I assumed asking women with actual experience would be a better idea. 
  • Options
    My draws Monday were 670. My draws today were only 747. They still don’t have an answer. 
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited January 2019
    That’s why I’m confused. I had a period. I just had my nexplanon taken out dec 4. So I wasn’t sure if I was farther along with super low levels or super early with low rising levels. Not everyone trusts google and I assumed asking women with actual experience would be a better idea. 
    But the thing is, no one can tell you based on "actual experience" what you want to know. X hcg number does not correspond with Y weeks along. Dating a pregnancy based on hcg numbers is not something that is done, but that's what you were asking us to do. In your initial post, you never said anything about having an ultrasound that showed a sac. 

ETA: wabash said you were probably around 5 weeks. Dating ultrasounds are typically done between 6-10 weeksish. Figure out where you want to go for prenatal  call them, and then tell them you don't know dates. Odds are good they'll give you a dating ultrasound at your first appointment, or ask for on. 
  • Options
    @lovesclimbing I totally agree with you that dating off of beta is not a thing as it can vary so much... my est of 5 weeks was based on what she said she saw on US in the ER...
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    wabash15 said:
    @lovesclimbing I totally agree with you that dating off of beta is not a thing as it can vary so much... my est of 5 weeks was based on what she said she saw on US in the ER...
    Yup, that's what I figured. 
  • Options
    I just wanted to update: 

When I went to the ER last week they said I was 2-3 weeks pregnant which I’m assuming meant 4-5. I went to the ER Thursday due to an issue with my antibiotics and they checked, HCG is still slowly rising, my progesterone is super low though and they saw a baby that measured 6 weeks. That’s crazy to me considering everything. I’m still in shock. They put me on progesterone suppositories and I’m supposed to get more levels Monday. I have hope but only just barely because my numbers are not even in the 1000’s as of Thursday evening. Maybe the progesterone will change that. 
  • Options
    Progesterone supplements will only help increase your progesterone, it won’t have any affect on your HCG. I recommend trying to get an appointment with an actual OB, getting prenatal care in the ER isn’t really going to help you figure out what’s going on. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19