November 2018 Moms

Chit Chat & Updates m/o January

13»

Re: Chit Chat & Updates m/o January

• @highsteaks he's getting an eval in Feb. I expect him to qualify for services since he's not meeting some of his milestones. Others he is doing out of order, which isn't good. The other day, he tried to roll over from his back tho belly, that is not a milestone that should be happening now. It suggests he has an issue with his muscle tone being too tight. He also doesn't have the muscle tone to lift his head up during tummy time. 
  • @wildrainbow I hope the eval goes well. I wish you didn't have the added stress and worry about him hitting his milestones out of order. I'm glad you got checked out for PPD and PTSD. I really hope the meds help and get you back to normal. Speaking of PTSD, someone left some of the hospital pumping containers in our pumping room at work and just seeing those containers took me back to those scary days. It was hard seeing them. It reminded me of pumping all alone in my hospital room while Sydney was being transferred.
    @highsteaks I hope you're staying warm! It has been so cold! 
    @hollyeva I'm loving her hair! She is adorable! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • @wildrainbow I’m glad you were able to talk to the doctor and hope the meds help.

@highsteaks DS1 had significant torticollis and was in EI for PT from 3 months to a year. It was so helpful. 
  • @booksandcoffee what kind of exercises did ei do for your ds1? how often did they come?
         and, how are you and lo doing?
  • highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited January 2019
    finally got around to calling the nephrologist’s office, and the procedure emilia is having done next week is a renal ultrasound to peek at the kidneys, not the mri contrast dye test like i thought. the mri is later when she’s bigger. @offtoneverland did you ever discuss probiotics with any of S’s doctors, since she’s taking antibiotics? i bought some, but i’m hesitant to give any to emilia until she’s done with antibiotics because it’s so pricey and not sure if it’ll go to waste because of the amoxicillin. @wildrainbow, any thoughts here?
  • @highsteaks I hope the ultrasound goes well! I think the urologist said around 3 months was the perfect time to get the contrast dye ultrasound. I asked the urologist about probiotics and she said they haven't been legitimately tested to see if they work better than placebos. I started Sydney on some anyways and honesty they seem to be helping, but who knows. She used to pool like a thousand times a day and now it's just like 2 or 3 times. No idea if it's related. Who knows! I found the Gerber colic drops on sale otherwise I probably wouldn't have spent the money. I haven't been giving them to her often lately since it's really hard to try to fit in all her medicines when she's at day care during the day. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Ugh, I'm sick. Thanks to the toddler, I'm a congested, sore throat hot mess. Do you think it's possible to forcibly will your antibodies to go straight to the baby? I just don't have it in me if he gets sick.

@highsteaks I would say give it. The thing about the antibiotics, is they kill all the things good and bad. It certainly can't hurt. Like @offtoneverland said, the research isn't quite there, but, I can say from experience that they seemed to help. Ds1 has chronic  ear infections, I noticed that when he was on probiotics vs off while on antibiotics, I had less instances of ugly diaper rash, less upset tummy issues due to the antibiotics, and he ate better. Most of it is antidote evidence on my part, but it's certainly not going to hurt. You know?
  • @wildrainbow feel better soon! Hopefully baby gets those antibodies and stays healthy. So far we've lucked out when we had the flu at our house and when I had laryngitis. 

Afm I am trying to do some cleaning around the house before my bil and sil get here with their baby around 3. Penny has other plans, she's keeping me hostage in the rocker.
  • @offtoneverland @wildrainbow we have to wait longer for the mri because our local(ish) hospital is not equipped to insert a catheter into a small baby. the major pediatric hospital that the nephrologist normally works at does, but it’s like 2.5 hours away from us. so, we’ll continue antibiotics until she’s big enough to do the mri here. 
          i think i’ll at least start elise on the probiotics since she’s got a sensitive tummy and bottom. she still spits up a ton after every feed, like if i don’t get her on a burp rag in 5 seconds after she finishes eating, she/i will have spit up all over. emilia isn’t nearly as bad spitting up anymore, but because of the antibiotics, i’m concerned her gut bacteria is all messed up. so i want to give her probiotics to replace, but if i start now, won’t the antibiotics just kill everything right away again? and this stuff is surprisingly expensive! it’s a wonder that there hasn’t been any official studies yet—this stuff seems like it has the potential to become big business; someone could be making money off a legitimate study.

wildrainbow, feel better soon. and yes, i’m certain you can will the antibodies over to your lo  ;)  

@hollyeva awww. baby party!! that’s exciting. how old is your nephew/niece?
  • @highsteaks I don't think so, you would be replenishing every day, so ideally, you would have more than it can kill. Plusalso, prevent yeast infections!

M decided 3 am was a wonderful time to practice his burgeoning vocal skills. While, in theory, it seems sweet, mostly it was annoying. Of course, everyone else is bright eyed and bushy tailed and I'm over here like

• @highsteaks they are 3 months apart, my nephew was due only 8 weeks earlier but he came early. It was adorable and we took a lot of pictures of the babies together ❤️
  • It's 24 degrees outside. For AL, that's hella cold. Also, my dog is sitting on the patch of ice outside surveying her kingdom. She's a weirdo. 
  • highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited January 2019
    18 here this morning, which wouldn’t be so bad except we also had crazy wind gust to go with it. emilia and i ventured out earlier for her appointment and holy bologna was the walk to and from the car cold cold cold. 

ei appointment yesterday was just paperwork; the therapist is scheduled to come late feb for the evaluation part.

dh and i have a pseudo-date night tonight—belated company holiday party, sans kids. struggling to pick an outfit that doesn’t make me feel so bloated and frumpy. got stuck in my spanx for a bit earlier. dern these nursing boobies.
  • @highsteaks nursing booba are the worst. It's why when M is 2, if he hasnt already weaned, I'm weaning him so I can get a breast reduction.  I'm pretty excited about it. I hope you enjoy your night away. H and I haven't had a date night since this summer. It's way overdue. 
  • Agreed about the nursing boobs, and also struggling with finding professional pants that will fit when I go back to work next week.

@highsteaks enjoy your night out! We haven't gone on a date since Avengers Infinity Wars, but I have scheduled a lunch date to see Captain Marvel in March.
  • I have no idea how almost a month went by since I last logged in. The bump still takes forever to load every page so it makes it hard to quickly check in. Life with two kids is busy! I hope you ladies are doing well! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @mockingjay1 Life with 2 kids is Cray Cray. How are both of your boys doing?
  • @mockingjay1 yea, all of these huge ads on the mobile page are slowing everything down! very annoying.