BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
edited January 2019 in August 2019 Moms
Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: what is your favourite thing to do on a day off.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
Re-started TTC Aug 2016
Started IF testing Nov 2016
Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

Re: Group 1 Check-in (Aug 1-7) w/o 01/20

• Options
    Sorry for the delay!  This weekend was so busy. I didn't see it posted already though,  so here it is. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12+1

Baby is the size of a(n): apricot

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan march 11 is the next stop

How are you feeling?: good

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: what is your favourite thing to do on a day off. Bake something sweet (but simple so o don't have a lot to clean up lol) and just hang out with my son and husband. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5th August by last scan. 12W

Baby is the size of a(n): Swedish fish

Upcoming Appointments: 7th Feb, Blood work and regular OB visit

How are you feeling?: Tired and sleepy. The nausea is still hitting hard in the evenings

Rants/Raves: Am glad to be nearly done with first tri, and really hoping that magical bout of energy kicks in..am I expecting too much?

Questions: None

GTKY: What is your favourite thing to do on a day off? Take a short day trip or hang out with friends at the local watering holes..not so much of an option lately though, all I want to do with my free time now is lie down
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12 weeks exactly, 5th of August 

Upcoming Appointments: January 30th is my 12 week scan. 

How are you feeling?: Very tired and run down, but feeling a bit less nauseous. 

Rants/Raves: I'm really annoyed I have to wait until 13+3 for my scan as I've been really anxious due to a past loss. However the ultrasound place is extremely busy so I'm just lucky I still get the NT. 

Questions: not right now. 

GTKY: what is your favourite thing to do on a day off. Sit by myself and drink coffee, and have a nap. It rarely happens hahaha.

@nimo-ad yesss to just wanting to lie down in my free time... I can't seem to get enough sleep!

@bigbadwolf12 yum I like baking but hate the mess! One bowl baking recipes are my favourite. 
  • Options
    @nimo-ad @Perfectypo welcome to August 5th, the most popular due date lol! There are 7 of us total now, I think.

EDD/weeks +days/size of baby: 12 weeks on the dot, August 5th, a ripe apricot, according to Ovia.

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow! NT scan and blood draw for NIPT.

How are you feeling?: Tired and hyperemotional. Stressed TF out.

Rants/Raves: Meh, I've done enough of that lately.

Questions: None

GTKY: what is your favourite thing to do on a day off? Sleep, binge Netflix, take care of my hair.
  • Options
    @perfecttypo my mom used to have a deal with me when i was in highschool/Jr high that she'd clean up if I did the actual baking part. It was the best.  

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• Options
    @nimo-ad The watering hole with friends used to be one of my favs too. Now I make friends come over and drink all the wine that I’m not. 

August 2nd, 12+3

Plum

Upcoming Appointments:
    NT tomorrow like @deecherise

How are you feeling?:
    I still get tired easily but if that’s my only lingering 1st tri issue, I’ll take it!

Rants/Raves: 
    I wasn’t sure about my trip to Vegas with my dad and sister, but we’ve had such a good time. I’ve been such a drink pusher on them so they’re def tired of my peer pressure, HA. 

Questions: 
    I think several of us are doing NIPT... is everyone finding out sex? Any gender predictions? MH thinks boy and I think girl. 

Walk to a brunch place downtown, watch sports with friends, or relax and binge a show. 
  • Options
    Aug 5, 12w

Plum

Upcoming Appointments:
    Jan 25

How are you feeling?:
    Great!

Rants/Raves: 
    I got my papers graded this morning before DD woke up! Win!

Questions: 

Go shopping, spend time with friends, or just be lazy. With my day off today, I will be cleaning house, doing laundry, and other boring, productive things.
  • Options
    @heml I am eventually, depending on how they deliver the results. If I can learn about the screening without learning the sex, I'll find out later (friend wants to throw a party). My family is convinced it's a girl, but I'm a contrarian, and I've been feeling like it's a boy.
  • Options
    @Perfectypo I've been sneaking away for naps in the office meeting rooms almost on a daily..I wonder how long until I get caught 😂

@deecherise I'll most definitely go in earlier because it's a twin pregnancy, but for now I just want to bask in the comfort of the numbers 😄

@heml I'm such bad company lately..too tired, or too bloated, or too nauseous...once this phase passes that definitely sounds like a plan 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/5, 12 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Upcoming Appointments: I had the nuchal and got the NIPT results today! Baby looks great, NIPT results came back normal, and we found out we’re having a......boy! 💙

How are you feeling?: I had a bad cold last week that is resolving now, so much better!!

Rants/Raves: Nada

Questions: When do you all plan on announcing to the world (ie social media)? I just told my boss and grandparents today but not sure on everyone else. 

GTKY: what is your favourite thing to do on a day off.  Right now probably take a nap haha but usually I like to take my son somewhere fun like the zoo, the park, a museum, etc. 
  • Options
    @Babylovecali Yay, a boy! And, most importantly, YAY for good news from the nuchal and NIPT. I know you’re relieved!

I don’t plan to announce on social media. MH doesn’t do social media, and I’ve decided not to post photos or details about LO on social media for a variety of reasons. We’ve been telling people as we’ve seen them the last 6ish weeks. For people we haven’t or won’t see, I’ve sent texts and emails 
  • Options
    kds919kds919 member
    edited January 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: August 5th/ 12 weeks (cant believe how many others in this thread are the dame Due date!!)

Baby is the size of a(n):plum

Upcoming Appointments:jan 25th for nipt and feb 7th for monthly obgyn appt

How are you feeling?: finally starting to feel better! its been a rough 1st trimester and I've had a sinus infection so not feeling the best. but so excited for our little babe! it's all worth it!

Rants/Raves: not much ranting or raving here but work is def annoying me more now then ever!

Questions: 

GTKY: what is your favourite thing to do on a day off?: lately its been sleeping/ doing nothing at all!!! normally i like to run my errands and spend time with my family and friends!
  • Options
    8/5 12 + 1

plum

Upcoming Appointments:
    February 6th 

How are you feeling?:
    tired but good

Rants/Raves: 
    My husband has been getting on my last nerve 😩

Questions: 
    none

read or go shopping. I’m with you ladies though lately it’s just been sleep. 
  • Options
    @neemamakt Pregnancy has me ragey with my husband too.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12+3

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Upcoming Appointments: February 12

How are you feeling?: I keep thinking I’m feeling better, then I end up puking again. I’m hoping it’s newring the end though. 

Rants/Raves: We just got our NIPT back and found out we are having another girl and everything looks good. I’m so excited!  We also just got back from vacation, so back to the grind. 

Questions: nothing I can think of

GTKY: what is your favourite thing to do on a day off. Anything outside when the weather is nice. I love to go for walks. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12 weeks/ 3 days. Edd 8/5

Upcoming Appointments: not until the end of February for the anatomy scan. 

How are you feeling?: I think a bit better. Feeling bigger though.  I don’t think anyone else could really tell yet, but I’m def getting rounder. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: what is your favourite thing to do on a day off.  As of late, it would be to lie in bed and do nothing. Before getting pregnant, it would have been go tot he beach with DD. 

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 12w, 8/7

Baby is the size of a(n): Roborovski hamster

Upcoming Appointments: I have my glucose test and checkup on Friday. 

How are you feeling?: I'm still super sick and really, really fucking tired. 

Rants/Raves: H has been amazing. Right now I'm pissed that it's not summer and most fruits are not in season. I want all the fruits!

Questions: Nope. 

GTKY: what is your favourite thing to do on a day off. RELAX! Pajamas, hot coffee, peace and quiet. And hot tub!
  • Options
    8/5, 12 Weeks/2 Days

Upcoming Appointments: 2/7 OB appointment 

How are you feeling?: still really tired

Rants/Raves: upset organic strawberries/ blueberries/ fruit in general are expensive! 😊

Questions: none

Absolutely nothing! Netflix, and research baby items that I will probably need. 
  • Options
    olivemommaolivemomma member
    edited January 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/1, 12+6 - second trimester is right around the corner!

Baby is the size of a(n): scoop of ice cream

Upcoming Appointments: not for a bit

How are you feeling?: like crap, to be fair, it’s  not really pregnancy related. Ive had an aweful cold which has developed into a sinus infection. I literally want to rip my face off, it hurts so bad. And I’m tired all the time. Went to bed at 8 last night.

Rants/Raves: I cleaned my house yesterday and am caught up on laundry. Reveling in the 1 day until it all is a mess again

Questions: 

GTKY: what is your favourite thing to do on a day off. Right now sleep.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/3 - 12 weeks 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum/as tall as a tennis ball

Upcoming Appointments: Just had 12 week on Monday, will have a 16 week on President's Day (Feb 18th)

How are you feeling?: Better nausea wise, I've been eating more vegetables but still can't stomach the idea of meat. I've been a little bummed as we found out Monday we lost one of the twins. The other baby is perfect so it's just mixed emotions now.

Rants/Raves: I really want a super rare steak with green beans and a super loaded baked potato and a nice Cabernet

Questions: None really. Still losing weight, not sure when that will stop

GTKY: what is your favourite thing to do on a day off: Go to Disney! I love love love Disney World and have a pass. When my pass is due for renewal in June I will probably have to let it lapse due to money and I'm sure I won't want to go with an infant, but I'll be sad. I go probably 2 or 3 times a month.
  • Options
    @drmrsthecounselor I have my 16 week appt on Presidents’ Day too! It’s so crazy that you’re craving steak. I LOVE steak and have not been able to stomach it while pregnant. I’m being a big wine pusher and make everyone give me their wine to smell at dinner! My college bestie lives in Winter Haven, and they go to Disney every chance they get. So jealous!

We got our NIPT results back, all negative and normal. Such a relief. (Everything crossed for those of you waiting!) Oh, and we’re having a baby GIRL! 
  • Options
    @heml I am craving steak but I haven't been able to eat it because all meat is totally disgusting. Today it doesn't seem so foul so considering going out to get a steak, salad and baked potato (and yeast rolls!!) for dinner.... Still waiting on our NIPT and other genetic screen results (which will include sex!) so I am pumped about that. 

• Options
    sw1122sw1122 member
    edited January 2019
    @ElcaB - I am also craving fruits, particularly pineapple and blueberries!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/6 / 12 wk + 2 days

Upcoming Appointments: NT scan tomorrow

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling a little anxious. We got our NIPT results back earlier this week and I'm a carrier of a weird, rare disorder. My doctor made it sound like it wouldn't be a huge deal if it were passed on to baby as it's treatable and manageable, but internet research, of course, is freaking me out because it's indicating the opposite of what my doctor said. My husband is going to get tested and it's unlikely he's also a carrier, but it's making me anxious. BUT everything else came back as negative and we found out we're having a boy. I also heard baby's heartbeat for the first time, which was really exciting.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: what is your favourite thing to do on a day off. Depends on the day and my mood. I'll either go for a long run and go for a hike, or sit in front of the TV all day with a bag of chips and candy.
  • Options
    @drmrsthecounselor were you told anything about NIPT results with having lost a twin? My friend lost a twin at 8 weeks and was told by the MFM doctor that the NIPT wouldn't be accurate.  Just curious. 
  • Options
    @mkrel I was told NIPT was a no go after having a vanishing twin. They said the risk of the information being bad was too great...
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    Congrats @heml on having a baby girl! Is this your first baby? 🎀 I miss wine too! 
  • Options
    @olivemomma @mkrel
    I asked about it and was told that there wouldn't be enough fetal material from the vanished twin to make a difference? So now I don't know. I had read that it wouldn't be accurate at all with twins but my CNM said that the company they use (progeny or progenics or something) claims accuracy for twins so they usually do it. It threw me off because I was under the impression I couldn't so I don't know...I guess we will see when the results return? She said she wasn't even going to indicate that it was a twin pregnancy...After your comments now I am totally unsure D: 
  • Options
    olivemommaolivemomma member
    edited January 2019
    @drmrsthecounselor I really don’t know either. My OB reached out to their rep of the test but maybe some tests are different? They told me they believe DNA from the lost twin is detectable for up to 8 weeks and because they normally don’t thrive due to chromosomal abnormalities that your risk of getting upsetting news for a healthy baby is pretty high. However, I would assume that negative results are negative results?? They also told me if the vanishing twin was a boy but the healthy twin is a girl that they may pick up the Y chromosome and give the wrong sex. But again I would think if it comes back it’s a girl that would be accurate?? I was so bummed, I really wanted to do the test and know the sex. I still did NT screen, they said pairing it with the US can help, however, my risk for a false positive is still higher due the blood work and vanishing twin 😕

BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    @drmrsthecounselor My friend was told the same thing by her OB - that Panorama could be drawn.  But when she went to the MFM and high risk OB they both told her it was a no go because the twin was lost greater than 6 weeks into the pregnancy.  I would assume (clearly not a doctor here) like @olivemomma that negative results would be negative regardless, but if for some reason something is showing as an elevated risk I guess I would try to keep calm and know that the test could be incorrect.  And she was told the same about the boy vs girl that olivemomma mentioned as well.  So if your test comes back girl, I'm sure it's right.  But if it says boy, it may not be I guess.  
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @olivemomma @mkrel I guess we will see and just take high risk positives with a grain of salt. All of that makes sense. I did some research on the specific company my OB uses and it seems like they are pretty confident on outcomes with twins in general, so maybe they are able to differentiate some? I just did the testing based on the advice of my CNM (despite us being low risk anyway) and I can't go back and change it now so better to just be prepared for the potential for false positives and make sure to talk with a genetic counselor about it after receiving results. Some reports say that if the loss happened more than 2 weeks ago there was less likelihood of anything (there was barely a visible sac on our 12 week US, and that would have put it about 4 weeks since development stopped) so who knows. It's hard because we definitely asked this question and our CNM seemed pretty confident it wouldn't be a concern so now I'm doubting stuff before even seeing results!! So crazy. 
  • Options
    @Babylovecali Thanks! It is our first. All of our friends have boys, so it’ll be fun to add a sassy girl to the mix