August 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms, 1/21

Re: Weekly Randoms, 1/21

• Options
    Winter weather has finally hit the South (for the next 36 hours anyway), and I'm loving it. I am NOT a lover of cold weather in the slightest. That being said, it really slows people down in the mornings so NONE of my normal commuters are on the roads and it's amazing. Exceptions are my fellow Yankee transplants, but they're not the ones giving me heartache over it anyway. #gaspedalisontheright #ifitsdarkuseyourlights
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    @MamaK225 I HATE the winter weather!  I’m in the south and from the south and seriously considered working from home today so I didn’t have to get out in this. High is 35 here today, it’s just not my thing. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @database6 It's 6 degrees in the Midwest. Can't wait to hit the 30s later this week!
  • Options
    I complain whenever it drops to the 30s or 40s, and then DH asks me how I survived growing up. I grew up in the Poconos were an average winter day was single digits. I tell him I honestly don't know, and we should move further south. At this point he usually, reminds me we've had this conversation before or ignores me. Occasionally he reminds me why we live in MD despite the fact the weather is so inconsistent and frustrating.
  • Options
    @database6 - Where in the South? I'm in SC, almost perfectly in the middle of Columbia and the Dirty Myrtle. I feel like our weather needs its meds.

@elizabeth_1985 - My sister is outside of Kansas City, MO and I do NOT envy her right now. Nope. I don't do cold. Best of luck!

@mrosek91 - I completely agree. 30s and 40s are BS. The only reason I'm jonesing for this weather is because we've had SO MUCH rain. SO MUCH. And I want the pterosquitoes to DIE. DIE. DIE. We had double our average annual rainfall in 2018. Everything is saturated and those little blood-suckers are just waiting to pounce.
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    @elizabeth_1985 you are a tougher woman than I 😉

@mamak225 I’m in southeast NC, we aren’t too far from each other. Agree the weather has been crazy lately!  It was in the 70s last weekend!

• Options
    It's 14-20F here (had to look up the conversion) and a sheet of ice everywhere (last week it snowed,  then turned to rain, then froze overnight and hasn't been above freezing since).  They just dump gravel everywhere for traction. We have no car,  so I walk and take public transit everywhere. Where I'm from in Canada is colder than here (this week -20F) but snowier instead of icy and my family always had a car,  so other than the 25 minute walk home from school we drove everywhere in the winter. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    @BigBadWolf12 - Wow, that is COLD! I work for a huge global company so frequently have to convert between Imperial and Metric, but it makes for better conversations since I'd have been very confused by -10*C. Thank goodness for Google!

My cousin posted videos of his kids (well, the 6 & 4 y.o.) doing some downhill skiing and it made me briefly miss the snow, but I'm good. I like having - mostly - clear windshields in the morning and being able to get away without having to wear socks or pantyhose for 80-90% of the year.
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    We live on the north west coast so it was a high of 55 today, sunny! Its been raining for weeks but we have 2 weeks of sun coming.  I told my husband I am absolutely not going inland this summer. I know I'm already going to be hot and uncomfortable so I'd rather stick to the coast.  
  • Options
    I much prefer extreme cold to extreme heat. I feel I can always layer more if need be to compensate. Plus I like my winter wardrobe way more than my summer clothes. Anything above 85 I can do without, if you add on humidity I struggle at 80. Give me a mountain ski vacation over a trip to the beach any day!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    It’s cold AF here too, but I don’t hate the cold, I much prefer it over being too hot but I definitely want a beach vacay instead of a wintery one!

Did anyone do Counsyl NIPT? I just had my blood draw today and I’m already dying for the results. I just want to know approx how long it took. I did Maternit21 last pregnancy and it was really quick but I was 20 weeks pregnant so I feel like it was a little different. 
  • Options
    @lilmamabebe3 I did Counsyl (I think it’s myriad now?) NIPT blood draw last Monday. No results yet. My doc said to contact them if no results after 2 weeks. 
  • Options
    @BigBadWolf12 I'll move out allergy discussion over here so they can have the diaper thread back!

So, GF bread from the little bit I've done is very different from standard wheat baking, so I don't think it will hurt your attempts that you haven't baked much bread prior. GF dough is wetter, and doesn't have the same proofing schedules as there is no gluten to develop, which is the whole point of this extended times. So my advice would be to tackle it as a whole new beast!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @heml GDI. I really wanted to know by this Friday. I am so impatient. 
  • Options
    I keep having dreams featuring a high school ex that I last dated almost a decade ago. Something happened back then that I should have apologized for or at least clarified, and I feel like it’s haunting my dreams lol. We haven’t spoken in almost that whole decade, so I don’t think it’s worth reaching out to him, but I’d really like the dreams to stop! I know weird dreams in pregnancy are normal but man, can’t they feature someone else??
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl I have to agree with your GF comments. @BigBadWolf12 I have also found that I need to cook things much longer than I would have before or even what the box said. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @WinchesterGirl thanks for the tips! I've been craving a subway sub or at least just a s.a.n.d.w.i.c.h in general since I got pregnant (and besides that, seriously, it's been almost a year since I've had a freaking sandwich) and I'm hoping if I can make a decent bread I won't miss the cheese and mayo and everything else that I can't have anymore :p thanks for the link and your tips :)

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• Options
    @Wabash15 I've noticed that for other gluten free baking. Good to know bread is the same.  Don't want dough bread! 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• Options
    @BigBadWolf12 have you tried the "enjoy life" line of foods... They are free from the top 10 or 12 major allergens and are super tasty..... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @Wabash15 I'm not in North America,  so we have all different brands here.  I believe they use oats in a lot of their stuff though (and possibly sesame?) I briefly checked out the shelf in the store in the summer while we visited and found a couple things that were safe. Didn't buy any bc they were so expensive but I will check again when we visit in June :)

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• Options
    @BigBadWolf12 I made GF noodles once and they completely disappeared in the crock pot. Like, later I went to look for them and they were gone. I don't think that helps you. 

@elizabeth_1985 Where in the midwest? I'm in KS and its not that cold, but headed that direction. 

@MamaK225 I used to live in Kansas City. My mom lives there so we will visit sometimes. 

• Options
    MollyH1987MollyH1987 member
    edited January 2019
    Count me as someone who also prefers the cold over the heat. I would rather add more layers, sit by a fire, and drink hot cocoa vs sweating in my clothes (although I do agree drinking milkshakes to cool down sounds like a fabulous idea!)

I'm also at my desk chowing down on chocolate Neccos because I'm an adult.

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ash0625 what part of KS are you in? I'm also in KS. This morning H was getting ready for work and says to me "it's going to be 20° colder than it is now when I get home this afternoon." I think it's also raining or misting or something outside. Idk I'm not leaving the house again tonight.
  • Options
    @ash0625 I'm in Ohio. We are now up to 32 degrees!!! Two weeks ago, it was 65.
  • Options
    @Beauxbaton YGMP because #strangerdanger 

@elizabeth_1985 Yeah. I just checked my phone and its now 27 degrees and we're in a winter weather advisory. I should go home. 

I still prefer to be cold over hot. I am an UGLY sweater. I do not glisten. I just get red and blotchy and pit-stainy. 
  • Options
    To those who have had the NIPT testing, did your insurance cover it? We called ours today and they wouldn’t directly answer the question, and would only tell us the instructions for pre-auth. We are on a really good group health plan. Any advice?
  • Options
    Allycat11Allycat11 member
    edited January 2019
    Add me to the group of preferring cold over heat. Yesterday the windchill here hit -15degrees at its lowest. Today it is in the low 20s but lots of wind and the roads are covered in snow, so I actually think yesterday was better. I could happily live with temps from 50-70 year round. 

This summer I think I am going to buy a large inflatable pool or cheapish above ground one for our backyard. I have a low tolerance for heat and being 9 months pregnant in the summer is definitely not my first choice. Our town is a small tourist town located right on Lake Michigan so we will probably spend lots of time in the lake this summer too. Our a/c has been broken for 3 years and we have procrastinated fixing it because we only really need it about 2 months out of the year. Between being hugely pregnant and bringing a newborn home this summer, I think we need to bite the bullet and finally get it fixed. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 mine did because I am 35, which is considered advanced maternal age. I don’t think insurance typically covers it if you aren’t 35+, but I’d check because every plan is different!
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 I’m 33, and mine did cover NIPT. I was actually surprised they did, I was planning on paying the $300ish for it 
  • Options
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 I am 31 and had it covered because I needed it last time after my 20 week ultrasound. 
  • Options
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 - From what I hear, unless you're AMA or have had genetic testing indicating you are at a high risk, then it is typically not covered, but I believe the cash price is in the $250 range. So it just depends on what you prefer.

@hey_clever_girl - Congrats! My NIPT (MaterniT21) is next week and I'm just counting down the days. My understanding is that the difference is it is a deeper screening of Trisomys 13, 18, 21 and then the gender detail ... is that right?
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    @lilmamabebe3 I did Counsyl! Blood draw on 1/15 and got my results through my doctor on 1/21, so 6 days. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses everyone!