September 2019 Moms

GTKY: What’s Your Jam?

Excited to get to know everyone!! So tell us, what are some of your favorite things? What makes you tick?
*TW*
Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
Married 8/16/13
BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

Re: GTKY: What’s Your Jam?

• Loading the player...
  • @nomangos23 I fully support all of those things!!  <3
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @zuuls_mom Mmmm yes the ice coffee from CFA is delicious and I'm not even a coffee drinker (I steal lots of sips from DH). Your friend is my I Love Lucy. My mom used to put it on when I was a kid and I was sick, so now it where I turn if I ever need a pick me up :) I do love Friends though. That's my close second.
  • @nomangos23 I love all coffee and usually drink it black, but CFA’s original iced is just so good. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• I love coffee, Star Wars, video games, chocolate and cooking shows. 

@zuuls_mom I've been sick for a few days and been binging Friends on netflix, its making me feel so nostalgic.

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @kgg2241 love it!! Getting fancy is always fun!
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• I prefer strawberry jam. 😆.   

SITB!!! @lillywonderland I was about to say strawberry preserves 🤓

I’m a big fan of coffee, football, classic rock, reading, and making lists. I also love animals in general and my dog in particular, even though he’s a huge pita. 
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited January 2019
    @zuuls_mom & @lillywonderland Fellow tea drinker here.  @zuuls_mom I love that you're trying to build a collection of steepers.  Makes me feel normal for falling in love with these things and wanting more than one, but DH says "Enough".

@kgg2241 Plus 1 for the getting fancy.  Gotta love a good dress-up!

• Some of my favorite things are cooking new recipes (especially if DH cleans up!), a glass of champagne, and just about any show on Bravo
  • zuuls_momzuuls_mom member
    edited January 2019
    Oooooh I love this so much! I can already tell you’re my people 😂

@lillywonderland and @keikilove yes to nerdy stuff! Me and H collect a bunch of random nerdy pop culture items like Funkos and knick knacks. We also attend Denver’s Comic Con every year and are getting a good collection of pictures with the celebs that go! 

@blitzybee give me a soft, cozy blanket and a book and I’m a happy girl. I loooove being cozy.

@klpv415 +1 for the random rap song love. Which is why I’ve memorized the words to Boyz n the hood by Easy-E 😂

@mlkapp I’m so glad your husband didn’t listen to you!! That poor little doggie. So happy she has a loving home with you! 

@keikilove H definitely thinks I don’t need more than one. It’s just fun though! This is my favorite one. 

*TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• I love Italy, cooking (traditional Italian and French) and baking (cakes are my fave), calligraphy, fantasy, horror movies, Renaissance Faires, the outdoors, and traveling. Fall is my favorite season. I’m still salty that it basically went from summer to winter this year. 

@zuuls_mom I also grew up reading HP. It was and still is such a comfort to me. DH doesn’t understand how meaningful the books are to me. I’m constantly rereading the series (like 2x a year), and he’s always like, “why don’t you read something new?!” 
    @mlkapp The Office never gets old! I love craft beers too. We live in Chicago so we have access to some pretty great brews. It’s going to be sad to have to abstain! 
    @keikilove pasta is life. My dad is a first generation Italian, though, so I’m probably biased :lol: .
    @RedBreast35 I’ve tried so hard to get into football but I just can’t. I think maybe if I went to a game as opposed to watching it on TV, I’d enjoy it more. 
    @blitzybee I have a serious lead foot. I love driving fast. Definitely working on toning that down now that there’s a baby coming!

• @themadcamel We go to the Renaissance Fair in Bristol every year. So fun!!
  • @themadcamel I too read them a couple times a year (currently on OOTP) and my H says the same thing! 

@rms924 I’ve been meaning to watch the Fyre doc on Netflix! It looks bonkers. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @janat1717 we go to Bristol too! We didn’t make it this year because we were traveling a bunch, and I was so bummed. 
  • I love:
    • Dogs- all of them, but especially my adorable Morkie, Lily.
    • GoT - I'm doing a rewatch before the season premiere, now.
    • Cooking & baking - I'm definitely not an amateur in the kitchen and love to try new things and experiment with new techniques.
    • SoulCycle - The best outlet for my mind and body, although it's been difficult to go recently because of nausea. 
    • Skin Care - In all honesty, you can AMA about skin care and I will likely have a suggestion.
    • Brooklyn - We've been living in BK for the last 6 years and we absolutely love the culture, food scene, and diversity it has.
    • Movies - We try to go to 2 movies a month, sometimes we go more than this.
    • Live concerts - We take advantage of being in NY and try to see our favorite artists and bands when they come through. We also go to the BEST music festival every July for 3 days of awesome sets and collaborations - a little nervous about going this year as it's the last weekend in July and I'm due 9/5.
    So happy to get to know all of you through this little adventure!
  • -Ice cream.  Seriously. I could eat it for every meal. Except lately bc I can’t eat much. 
    -Crime Shows- Law and Order SVU, Dateline, Criminals Minds.  My husband says it’s a bit disturbing but whatevs. 
    -Work! I teach and I love getting on Pinterest and finding new ideas for my kiddos and researching new things to try. 
    -My own personal children. Anything they do. Watching them play sports, playing with them at home and of course a good snuggle.  
  • @jejs I love SVU and Criminal Minds!
  • @zuuls_mom I LOVE Harry Potter, totally, totally obsessed and have read all of them many times. I love chick-fil-a as well, though it's the breakfast biscuit that can cure all my woes, not the iced tea. 

@keikilove the only thing better than carbs in my book are fried carbs- French fries and beignets. My favorites. 

I love HGTV, especially renovation shows, hanging out with DH and DS, eating (everything, but especially salty/savory) and red wine. Obviously the red wine is out for now. The one "positive" thing about my current nausea is that I don't really want it, where as during my last pregnancy, I would notice people drinking a glass of red wine with dinner and be insanely jealous and grumpy. 
  • + 1 to the Harry Potter and red wine!

I absolutely love teaching first grade, but haven’t done it in a few years as I stay at home with my kiddos now. I feel like being a mom is my jam. I love to follow creative people on Instagram and make sensory bins and fun experiences for my kids. I just started teaching Tinkergarten and will bring my oldest to that class, we love doing it so much. I am a part of a book club and LOVE to devour a good book. Hmm... wine, did I mention red wine? I miss it. I love exploring all types of museums. I used to frequent the art museum but lately the Natural History museum and children’s museum as they are more child-appropriate.

i speak Spanish and I love to meet different people, and speak in Spanish when I have the opportunity to. I used to be a Spanish teacher, Spanish immersion teacher, as well as an adult ESL teacher. 

I am a faith-filled person and love my bible study and church moms group. The fellowship is so important!

I love cooking and baking, although I cook far more than I bake. My husband is doing a keto diet so I’ve been meal planning our food 7 days a week, which is challenging but rewarding. My older son loves to help outbin the kitchen, and making muffins and cookies is his favorite! Cooking has become more difficult in the last year... now that my younger son is 1, that’s his “I am crabby and I need you” time.

look forward to learning all about you! 
  • @TeacherMama7 I currently teach 1st grade. It is the best grade 😜 I am jealous that you get to stay home with your own babies now though! 
  • Add me to the HP list. I worked at Universal when they opened Wizarding World and it was a shit show, but so magical on a slow day. I have a thestral tattoo on my arm.

-Disney. I go weekly, and I'm heading to Disneyland next week with my bff (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I love supporting DIsney small shops and have an ear collection that's getting a little crazy. Dole Whip floats are a must.

-Mixology. I love me some fancy drinks. When I'm home though I usually drink bourbon neat (obviously not for the foreseeable 10 months or so). H and I just got back from St Augustine and went to their distillery, I was super sad I couldn't try their whiskey (they've won a lot of awards on it). I'm going to start trying out some different kinds of mocktails. Yesterday I had a ginger tonic with thyme.

-Coffee. Used to be a starbucks barista in college. I need my coffee every morning. I usually drink a misto/cafe au lait but if I'm somewhere with fancy coffee I'm all about it.

-Traveling. I've been a few places and can't wait to take my kids more places. I don't believe kids are too young to go anywhere that's relatively safe. 

-Eating. I'm GF (have stomach issues) and love eating out.  I really like researching places I'm traveling to and finding their best restaurants. I used to cook a lot but haven't had a lot of time to commit to it lately. My dd will help me sometimes but is usually getting into things she shouldn't. Love sushi, Indian, Mexican, Latin, Korean, ect. Last pregnancy I ended up with a huge aversion to fish and I hope that doesn't happen again. I just started to be able to eat it again. 
  • @dolewhipper So many of us are big HP fans! I hope all our LOs have magical libraries to boot. I've never been to Universal/WW, but it's one of my dreams. I think it's rad to think about what it would be like on a slow day! 

@cmdesigner@zuuls_mom@lillywonderlandI also love tea! but I'm big on...the same tea over and over haha. Bold British Black teas, specifically. I am working through a box of Typhoo right now, but normally I go for PG Tips. I keep a few "fun" ones around (right now, a chai and a vanilla somethingsomething) but those are for when I'm feeling fancy.

@rms924 I really want to watch that Fyre Fest doc! The first documentary that comes to mind is called Happy People: A Year in the Taiga. And the second that does is... Exit Through the Gift Shop. Have you seen either? I feel like I could probably get REALLY into documentaries if I wanted to haha.

@laurenmicheleyDH & I met at a music festival we always travel to volunteer at for a good part of the summer--a small one in PA--and I haven't missed it in... 23 years? 22 years? Once I got past 20 it's gotten harder to do math. We'll have to miss it this year since I'll be late in the third trimester! I'm super bummed. We also love live music.

-Love a Harry Potter everything over here too. Considering how much are HP buffs, we should do a GTKY: What HP house are you? thread!

-Poetry/Reading/Books/Small Presses: I am a poet, and I love to read. I'm a bit of a bibliophile--the first thing ppl notice when they walk into our house is how many books we have. I am currently writing my dissertation, which focus on three experimental contemporary poetry collections. I'm also  minor an active celebrity in the small press world. (That is mostly supposed to be funny, but also probably vaguely true. When most writers hear about the journal I run they're like "omg, that's you?!")

-NFL football/March Madness: I've been betting ATS on every pro game in a small $s pool since I was a teen--I won third place this past season! I'm a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan. I can get into watching any sport, really, as long as there's someone there to answer my questions about the rules, but I LOVE March Madness.

-The Zodiac/birthdays/tarot cards/etc.: I put a lot of stock in the sky--I love knowing people's birthdays/signs/moon and rising signs if they know them because I feel like it helps me know someone better--or at least what they're capable of, not necessarily who they are. I pull a tarot card most every day for guidance. I don't believe they can predict the future or tell fortunes, but I do put stock in symbols and ideas and energy. 

-Lists/Planners/Journaling/Stuff made of paper/Organizational notepads: I really love any and all things made of paper, esp. that you can write in/on. 

-Warm weather. 

-My sweet dogs.

-Music. Vague, I know. I love how Spotify has gotten me back into discovering new music, though. I feel like the same albums were stuck on repeat in my life for way too long, with only a very occasional new track/discovery thrown in. I make a playlist every two months, and I've been way better at keeping up because of Spotify and also some good FM radio stations that I can access on the web. I love all sorts of music in all sorts of genres, in the USA & internationally.

• @kagesstarshroom love the idea of a which house are you gtky, & add the link to pottermore for those who don't know!
  • @kagesstarshroom I love the tarot too. I love what you said about putting stock in their energy. I also don't see it as future telling. I look at them kind of like a dream. I think dreams give you greater insight into what is going on in your life and into your subconsious thoughts. That is how I see tarot-- giving us another perspective or lense to think about. 
  • @kagesstarshroom I drink PG Tips! I'd mostly abandoned it for coffee the past couple years and went back a few weeks ago when my coffee aversion kicked in - then the past couple mornings my mug of tea did NOT hit the spot and I am super bummed. That's awesome you do a journal! I had a couple poet creative writing profs in college who taught me so much about language and forced me (lol) to read contemporary poetry, and I'm grateful for that.
  • Can I just say I love that this thread blew up a bit? It’s so fun reading about you guys! I am loving all the HP enthusiasts!! 

@bostonlady-2 I love HGTV! H makes fun of me mercilously for watching a house get renovated haha

@TeacherMama7 I’m so glad you love being a SAHM! I realized very quickly that is NOT my jam and I am in awe of the women who can do it easily. It really is so hard. 

@dolewhipper omg I am so jealous you worked at Universal and could go to the Wizarding World whenever you wanted! It is my dream to go there one day. I would die of happiness. I also have an HP tattoo! It’s my favorite line in the books (“until the very end”) with the book page stars. My best friend and I got our tats together. Hers says “It’s real for us”.

@kagesstarshroom loooove me some NFL Football! I was commissioner in my last BMB’s fantasy league. Good times! Also, I’ve never looked into Tarot much, but what I’ve heard is super fascinating! You’ll should to teach us more if you’d like! And totes down for a house GTKY post!

@everyonewholovestocook (I think I’m funny), please teach me your ways! I’m ok in the kitchen, but want to get better! Especially with baking! 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @jejs yes! First is the best! :)