August 2019 Moms

PAL moms: progesterone

Anyone else on progesterone supplements for this pregnancy after having previous losses? I had three miscarriages  last year so I’m using progesterone supplements for this pregnancy.  Wondering if anyone is in the same boat. 

I should be 9 weeks tomorrow which will be the furtherest I’ve made it (besides my with my son.) 

Re: PAL moms: progesterone

• Hi @foolishmortal999, I am on progesterone suppositories. *TW* I had a MMC with my first pregnancy where the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks but we didn’t discover til 12 week ultrasound. *end TW* 

I then got pregnant with my now 2 year old son and my progesterone level was 7 with him and the doctor thought I was going to miscarry again. She put me on progesterone and it worked. With this pregnancy my progesterone level was 10 so she put me on it again. Fingers crossed this baby sticks. 

I’m curious when did your doctor tell you to stop taking the progesterone? Mine said 12 weeks but I’m pretty sure last time I did it a week or two longer. 
  • I'm also on progesterone. My doctor Switched  me as of yesterday from oral to vaginal twice a day.  And doubled the dosage. Talk about uncomfortable having it leak as the pills dissolve!

I'm hoping it works! TW* but it also makes me super nervous that if I lose it, it will be a MMC because of the progesterone. Fx that baby is still healthy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi! I’m on progesterone supplements (oral) after a MMC last summer. My doctor said I will stop taking them at 12 weeks. I’ll be glad to be off them as I believe they are contributing to my tummy issues!
  • Hi! I’m also PGAL and on progesterone—400mg orally 2x daily. My RE is having me taper to 1x daily at 10 weeks (which will be Wednesday and I’m so excited to hopefully not feel slightly drunk/loopy/have word finding issues at work) and then stop at 12 weeks. I’m nervous about it but that’s my personality in a nutshell :grimace:
  • They told me to stay on it until 14 weeks 
  • And I’m so sorry for your loss
  • And I’m so sorry for your loss
  • Hi @foolishmortal999, I am on progesterone suppositories. *TW* I had a MMC with my first pregnancy where the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks but we didn’t discover til 12 week ultrasound. *end TW* 

I then got pregnant with my now 2 year old son and my progesterone level was 7 with him and the doctor thought I was going to miscarry again. She put me on progesterone and it worked. With this pregnancy my progesterone level was 10 so she put me on it again. Fingers crossed this baby sticks. 

I’m curious when did your doctor tell you to stop taking the progesterone? Mine said 12 weeks but I’m pretty sure last time I did it a week or two longer. 
    They told me to stay on it until 14 weeks. I’m so sorry for your loss
  • I'm also on progesterone. My doctor Switched  me as of yesterday from oral to vaginal twice a day.  And doubled the dosage. Talk about uncomfortable having it leak as the pills dissolve!

I'm hoping it works! TW* but it also makes me super nervous that if I lose it, it will be a MMC because of the progesterone. Fx that baby is still healthy!
    I have to use liners every day it’s so annoying. But hopefully worth it 
  • Hi! I’m on progesterone supplements (oral) after a MMC last summer. My doctor said I will stop taking them at 12 weeks. I’ll be glad to be off them as I believe they are contributing to my tummy issues!
    Yes! My stomach has been killlling me! I wonder if that’s why. I know it slows down digestion which I  definitely noticed. 
  • @foolishmortal999 Hey girl, 

We also have a weekly PGAL thread to talk about these kinds of things related to loss you might want to check out. It keeps the board organized and it's a place where all loss Moms come together to chat.
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN