April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 3 Check-in w/o 1/14

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? 

Re: Week 3 Check-in w/o 1/14

• Options
    Due date: April 16

Any appointments? Questions? Regular check up on Friday.

Rants/Raves? Both my rant and rave is starting third trimester. I am happy to be nearing the finish line. This pregnancy has not been great symptom-wise and I can't wait to meet our LO. That said I am not looking forward to the long three months ahead of us. 

How are you feeling? Tired, it is getting harder to sleep at night. I have been really short of breath lately and have difficulty doing simple things like climbing stairs. I've been on a cleaning/nesting kick but have such a hard time bending over to pick things up. It is really frustrating. I enlisted DH and the kids to tackle my office, making them pick up all the clutter on the floor while I organized my desk and the closets. Most productive I've felt in a long time.

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? I want all of my kids to get DH's metabolism. He is one of those skinny guys who can eat anything and never gain weight. Both of our current kiddos have taken on some pretty great combos of the two of us. DD takes after DH in a lot of ways both physically and temperamentally. DS takes after my side more. This LO will be a tie-breaker in a lot of respects. I look forward to getting to know them.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Due date: 4/15

Any appointments? Questions? I just had an appointment last week. Gained 6lbs  :'( now I have to schedule my glucose test and my rhogam shot.

Rants/Raves? Nothing really. 

How are you feeling? Fat. Uncomfortable. Stressed.

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? 

I’m crossing my fingers that he gets DH’s ice blue eyes. They are way more mesmerizing than my brown ones. I hope he gets my olive skin tone rather than DH’s blindingly white skin. I also hope that he has my drive. DH gets comfortable and just settles while I’m constantly reaching for the stars. I also hope he has DH’s sense of humor. I’m definitely the boring one in the relationship. DD definitely has her dads humor and personality and I’m so grateful! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date: 4/21

Any appointments? Questions? Glucose test next week. 

Rants/Raves? Floors should be finished this week! But that means we will be moving back furniture, food, etc this week, and cleaning up the house we’ve been staying in so my cousin can come into town and use it. We also still have to finish painting this month, and get things back in order so I can start the final touches on the nursery.

How are you feeling? Not great, thanks 3rd trimester. Physically more tired, with restless legs at night and massive heartburn. Emotionally pretty good, except for random crying spells.

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? From me, I hope he is kind and sensitive and interested in the natural world. From the sperm donor, I really hope he is more mentally stable! Hoping DWs nurture influence can help with this as well.

Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Options
    Due date: 
    4/18

Nope, not till 28 weeks 

Rants/Raves? 

Still just freaking out at how little time we have left and how much I need to do. But I got a start on our taxes and that makes me happy  

How are you feeling? So tired. Sore, heavy. Starting to get swollen a little and sleep is getting harder  

I hope she gets DHs curls and skin tone, like DD. I love love DDs curls. But it would be cool if she got my blue eyes, not likely but I can hope. DH has amber and DD has hazel. I’m already betting she gets DHs energy level, I hope she gets his sense of balance too. I would love if she got my ease and love of reading. I want one kid to love books like me. DD is a pretty good mix of us looks and personality wise. 

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options

Any appointments? Questions? OB on Friday

Rants/Raves? Rave: I feel pretty good right now. Sure my legs go numb sometimes and by 8pm I'm couch-ridden. For being as large as I am I think I'm doing fine for right now.  Rant: I wish people would stop talking about it sometimes. Like, can we talk about something else other than twin pregnancy? I don't really want to answer "Oh honey, how are you doing?" thirty times a day. It's nice that people are concerned but from a lot of people it seems more like pity.

How are you feeling? Pretty good - see above. 

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? I don't know what I would want them to get from me, but I hope they get DHs free-spirit and sense of adventure. 

• Options
    Hey are we officially in third tri now? Is it 27 or 28 weeks? I've seen conflicting sources. 
  • Options
    @MRDCle I’ve been confused about that as well.
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Options
    Due date: 4/16

Any appointments? Questions? O have an appointment with my new midwife next week... Hopefully I like them! Not really looking forward to switching providers during my third trimester😅

Rants/Raves? I can feel nesting creeping in... But since I'm packing up a house instead of putting one together, it ends up just being kind of frustrating.

How are you feeling? Still feeling pretty good! Occasional sweeping and hearburn. Still battling off the end of a cold and my tailbone literally hurts 24/7. But if that's all I have to deal with, I'm grateful!

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? I really hope she turns out like DH in general😂 He is genuinely the best person I know. I hope she has his endurance, work ethic, and sense of adventure. And his freckles. I hope she gets my ability to have empathy. And love of music. 

• Options
    Due date: April 20th

Seeing my midwife on Friday for a general checkup. 

Rants/Raves? 
    Going to work is getting increasingly difficult. If I've been sitting at my desk I get contractions as soon as I stand up and I have to walk with miniature steps like a penguin too and from the bus (I commute 45min to the university). All I want to do is lie in the sofa all day! Luckily I can work from home sometimes, but really starting to look forward to just being home on sick leave. 
    On the rave side of thingsthings DH and I finally had some good sex (I've been struggling with pregnancy related pains and lack of lust) this weekend, and it was great to get to feel like a woman and not just a sack of potatoes in pain for a while. 

How are you feeling? 
    See above. 

I hope the boys get my sense of adventure but DHs chill attitude. I also hope they get DHs curly hair and big eyes but not his baldness. I also hope they don't turn out too different in terms of height and size because I wouldn't want people to define them as the short twin or the fat twin. 
  • Options
    @honey_suckle I was telling my friend about my BH each time I stand up in the evening and she was like "That sounds like RLP." I was like no....it's definitely BH. And a HUGE pain in the ass ha. It's also anytime I bend over now. I had to make DS's bed last night and DH could hear me struggling from two rooms away, ha. 
  • Options
    Due date: April 18

Any appointments? Questions? I have a followup tomorrow regarding my blood pressure. I've been on labetalol twice a day for the past week since being in triage last Wednesday and have been keeping a log of my blood pressure at different times of the day. For the first few days on the med, my blood pressure was much better, but over the last couple of days it seems to be increasing again. Not quite as high as it was, but definitely on the rise again. So we'll see what the doc says about it. Has anyone here had experience with gestational hypertension or with this particular med? 

Rants/Raves? I'm just so over work right now. That is all.

How are you feeling? Exhausted, all the time. 2nd trimester is almost over and I never did get that so-called energy boost.

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? I hope that she gets DH's curly hair like DD1 did (seriously, I'm jealous of my toddler's hair), his freckles, and my eyes. 

• Options
    Due date: 4/17

Any appointments? Questions? Not until next week.

Rants/Raves?  Rave: Baby has been dancing up a storm and I'm loving it!! ;) Rant: I'm a little stressed about gaining weight.  I'm up 23 lbs and it's just hard for me to swallow.  I feel like I'm still much bigger than I was with my first.  I don't feel like I'm eating unreasonably, maybe it's from the decreased exercise routine.  I have cut back on the crossfit and running.  I'm now walking and scaling/limiting my crossfit classes.  Anyone else feel this way??        

How are you feeling? I'm feeling pretty good.

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? I hope baby inherits my athletic ability and olive complexion from me, and my husbands sense of humor. :)  Only time will tell!    

• Options
    Due date: 4/18

Any appointments? Questions? Thyroid labs this Friday and prenatal on the 24th (28 week checkup).

Rants/Raves? The heartburn is legit out of control. I'm already on 20mg of Pepcid twice a day and I'm still eating Tums like candy.

How are you feeling? See above. Also completely tired all the time again. And I'm still puking. #winning

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? I hope she inherits my drive and DH's patience.

@mrdcle it depends on how you count it. If you go by 40 weeks, it'd be 40 divided by 3, putting third tri starting at 26w6d. If you go by 9 months it'd be the start of month 7 at 28 weeks.

As close as you are, you'd def be in 3rd tri. I'm calling today my last day of 2nd tri.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    Due date: 4/20 - RCS on 4/16

Any appointments? Questions? Not for a couple weeks.

Rants/Raves? Rave: we ordered flooring so hopefully the basement is done in 2-3 weeks.  13 weeks from today we meet little man!

How are you feeling? Tired, tossing and turning because getting comfortable is hard AF right now.

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? I hope he looks like DD, I’ve always thought it was awesome when siblings look a lot alike. I do hope he gets DH chill attitude because DD is temperamental and has an attitude (like me, admittedly) and I need one kid who is chill like their dad!

• Options
    @browneyes88-2 I’m feeling the same way. I’m not gaining toooo much, but it’s definitely more than last time. My doctor keeps reminding me everything can be harder/worse the second time around. Weight gain, pain, stretch marks, general discomfort. So far that’s been true for me. I keep reminding myself that it’s all for a good reason, and hopefully by keeping up some exercise now, it’ll be easier to get back to it postpartum. 
  • Options

Due date: 4/16

Any appointments? Questions? GD test on Friday

Rants/Raves? Im with you @MRDCle. I’m good! You don’t need to ask me every time you see me!

How are you feeling? Generally good. Also tired and hungry

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? My teeth and pancreas, everything else they can get from DH

• Options
    Thanks @HGRich .  My Midwife isn't' too worried yet either.  Just try to keep moving. 
  • Options
    booksandlacebooksandlace member
    edited January 2019
    Due date: 4/18

Any appointments? Questions? No appts for 2 more weeks

Rants/Raves? We've been purging stuff from our house but I delayed a salvation army pickup because of all the rain we've been getting. My house looks like we're moving because there is boxes and bags everywhere, I'm so tired of it

How are you feeling? Anxiety, insomnia mostly, lots of back and pelvic pain

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? DD is 100% my husband physically and personality wise, so it would be nice if this girl would inherit some of my personality. A quiet kid would be a nice change lol. Hopefully she still has his blue eyes but gets my dimples

• Options
    @MRDCle I didn't get that it was contractions I was having until people at my water aerobics explained what it feels like and I was like, yeah that happens all the  time! Now I'm worried that I should rest more, well see what my midwife says on Friday... 
  • Options

Any appointments? Questions? I met with a midwife today bc I'm crazy and last minute, lol. I have my GD test & 28 week appt with my OB in a week and she's actually very homebirth/midwife friendly fir low risk pregnancies so I'm going to see if she'll keep me for hospital transfer/emergency reasons.

Rants/Raves? I had to put in my notice w/watching my kiddos. It's gotten so painful that I just have to stop lifting the baby 

How are you feeling? Mostly ok until I have to lift the baby out of bed/carry him at all. Then life is painful for hours.

DD is a carbon copy of me but with DH's blondness. Personality & everything. So I'm hoping this guy has a little more of DH's traits

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    Due date: 4/17

Any appointments? Questions? An ultrasound to make sure baby isn't trying to come out early. I had a scare this week with a chunk of blood but thankfully all looks well down there so far (apparently).

Rants/Raves? Our basement suite has gotten way too excessively loud the last 6 months so we are moving out at the end of the month into my parents' for 2 weeks while waiting on my inlaws to finish renoing their downstairs so we can move to their upstairs. It would be nice to finally sleep in the same house as DH and DD again (I've had to sleep at my parents about 30% of the time since Dec. as it is unpredictably loud from anywhere from 11 PM to 2 AM and then 5Am onwards... on week days!  Winter break was a nightmare).

How are you feeling? Tired, excited, exhausted.

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? DD seems to have my love of reading and my impatience... hopefully #2 will be more of a mellow personality like DH! Hoping baby gets DH's gorgeous blue eyes, DD's eyes are a mysterious brown/green colour that's kinda neat though.