March 2019 Moms

The Baby Shower Thread

As we are drawing near to the end, I thought it would be nice to highlight our upcoming (or already passed) showers and sprinkles, if you had one. They are not a necessity but they are nice and i thought it would be nice to have a thread if people wanted to show the themes of their showers and how they turned out. 

This is a place to ask questions, look for advice, share ideas, AW your cute decorations/invites, etc. STM+ can def contribute with advice and tips 

Are you having a shower/sprinkle? Do you know the theme? If yours passed, did you get anything that you really loved? How are you handling off registry gifts? 

Re: The Baby Shower Thread

• Loading the player...
  • @zionsmama85 @Kenneylynn3 Your invites are SO cute!! Enjoy your baby day!! I was nervous before mine too because I had no control over it. Finally, told myself to let it go and just enjoy it. Ended up being a nice time and was exactly what I needed. Hopefully, the both of your's so as smoothly! :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @kristimh80 that's exactly why i am nervous. I am a super control freak LOL. it's so hard just not doing anything! i love the colors at your shower! the flowers and all the yummy looking treats! 
  • 2 upcoming showers. My mom is planning the first one which I'm going to help her plan to relieve some of her stress I'm beyond excited. I'm also planning my own shower for my friends and coworkers. The entire thing is on me though. Planning buying deciding decorating, I'm excited but more than anything I'm completely stressed out. 
  • 2 upcoming showers as well. Both hosted by different MILs (DH has a split family). They both love hosting parties, so as with bridal showers, I let them host because they really want to. It's nice of them to do so but I find large family parties like that to be super draining, and double-y so when I (or in this case, my abdomen) am the center of attention. I'm letting them have full reign and outside of providing a list of friends DH and I wanted included on the guest list, I'm not getting involved at all. My one MIL is doing a jungle theme to match our nursery but I have no idea what the other one is doing.
  • @mamakate1616 that cake is SO cute! And I was also in the no second shower camp (told sis & girlfriend no when they asked) but my MiL and SiL asked today and I feel awkward telling them no... so guess we’re having a sprinkle 🤷‍♀️
  • @mamakate1616 @lelkcot I’m also in the no need for a second shower camp, but if my mom or MIL insisted on throwing one I’d for sure go along with it to keep the peace/make them happy. Enjoy your showers/sprinkles! It’ll be nice to get a few brand new things just for this baby, that an older sibling hasn’t already opened/played with/spit up on, I’m sure :smiley:
  • @purplepirate09 Ooooh, I love a Publix cake. I chose a Publix cake for my wedding cake, lol. They don't have Publix where I live now, sadly.
  • @heytherefriend My wedding cake was also from Publix! Sooo good!
  • @abbykwail So cute!! Glad you had fun! I was also happy to of had a small shower. :)

@mamakate1616 That cake is adorable! I'd probably feel the same about a 2nd shower. A sprinkle is nice...you can make a dinner or get together out of it. Plus, if having a different gender than the 1st...might be helpful to get stuff for that gender and of course diapers if nothing else!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• I just have to say planning a shower by yourself for yourself seriously sucks. 
  • @Bride2b1213 Oh no, I can imagine that would be really tough! What’s the situation? Is there any chance of getting someone to help you out? 
  • I'm sure if I asked a few work friends someone would help but I dont want to ask for help. I feel like it's a burden. I also dont feel like I should have had to ask or plan my own I feel like if they were friends they would have asked to host it themselves. My mom is hosting a baby shower for me 2 hrs away from where I live in my hometown for friends and family there. I'm only doing this one where I currently live so my work friends and SO friends and family can attend
  • @Bride2b1213 are you 100% they weren’t planning a surprise one for you? 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • @Bride2b1213 That’s hard, and I understand not feeling comfortable asking for help. Could maybe your SO ask someone from his family or group of friends to help? Sometimes people don’t offer because they assume that somebody is helping out already. Hope everything goes well regardless!
  • Question ladies, I’m a STM and registered on Amazon (for the discount and the free baby box) and just recently gave in to a sprinkle (I deeply appreciate  the generosity in the offer, but hate feeling like I’m asking for presents, it makes me super uncomfortable). If my in-laws invite all the local family, this won’t be a small event... and if we’re talking 15-20 people, I’d rather not just ask for diapers, but is it tacky to have a registry on a sprinkle invite? 
  • @lelkcot I wouldn't think so. It's not like you'd be asking for new strollers and cribs. If your registry is anything like mine it's new things like the haakaa and other consumables, like pacifiers, pump parts, a new sofie the giraffe (our old one got wet somehow). And people can pick and choose if they want to get diapers or something different.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @lelkcot I'm assuming the people in your family know you're not the type to ask for this kind of thing, so I don't think it's tacky to have a registry - they'll probably ask for registry info knowing you know exactly what you want and need! I know when I had my [unwanted] sprinkle for DD2, people asked me for registry info because it wasn't on the invite.
  • @zionsmama85 Adorable!! So glad it all went well and looks like the snow storm didn't affect anything <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @zionsmama85 you look so cute! Looks like the shower was a blast.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @zionsmama85 ❤️ that cake!
  • Four of my friends hosted a shower for friends and then my MIL and SIL hosted a shower for family. I am so grateful for all of the gifts...now we wait...