August 2019 Moms
Options

Monday B*fest 1/14

Get it off your chests, ladies. 
Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: Monday B*fest 1/14

• Options
    My job is very flexible and allows me to work from home when needed. Usually this is great. I work from home every Friday, when the boys have mid-day doctor appointments, and for my last 2 pregnancies I worked from home once my bladder no longer let me do the hour+ commute. But there is one downside to this SNOW DAYS.

Since we can work from home, our work expects us to work from home when we can't make it into the office. Which means even though we got 11.5 inches of snow, and every place is closed. Here I am working. (Well I guess technically I'm on TB, but I'm supposed to be working.)

I know this policy makes my life easier many times throughout the year, and annoying only once or twice a year. But it's hard to remember that when you hear all the fun things your friends are doing with their kids on their day off.

• Options
    Our flight back home last night from vacation was delayed 3 hours, so we got back at 1 AM instead of 10 PM. It’s making this Monday morning a real B. There were several infants and toddlers on my flight, so I did find myself checking out the gear and tactics the parents used to calm the kiddos down on flight delays since we intend to continue traveling with LO (didn’t witness any magical remedies, unfortunately...)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have to go into lab today despite the University being closed due to the recent snowstorm. I'm trying to put myself in a better mood by getting brunch with a good friend, but there are a lot of external factors making me feel poopy. A selection:

1. One of my maternal aunts is quite possibly dying of the results of chronic alcoholism (perforated stomach, peritonitis, and liver failure). I'm not close to her at all due to years of unaddressed conflict, but my mom and my grandmother are taking it very hard, and it hurts to see them in anguish.

2. We just got good news regarding my dad's aortic aneurysm (no surgery, close monitoring), but the fact that I can lose him in any moment is terrifying me.

3. One of my closest friends and I are on the outs, and I have no idea how to repair the relationship.

...and the list goes on. I just wish I could have a boring, uneventful life, but it honestly feels like there's a disaster waiting around every corner. I'm emotionally exhausted.
  • Options
    @mrosek91 - I know exactly how you feel! Except we never get snow (I purposely moved here for that reason), so when it does happen, it's a huge bummer. Especially with a toddler who wants to play all day. Hopefully, you guys will shovel out from there soon!

Since I'm making a long roundtrip today (Hubs is driving second half), do NOT drive in the left lane if you are not actively passing. And if you look in your rearview and see 2+ cars traveling very close behind you, GET OVER. Sigh.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    @deecherise My love tit is meant as a hug ❤️ You have a lot going on right now. I’m glad you got good news about your dad but still scary for it to be a constant worry. I recently cut a close friend out of my life - I’m not sure what your relationship is like, but sometimes friendships need to end if they are giving you more hurt than support.
  • Options
    @mrosek91 I'd kill for that policy! Gimme gimme gimme! My workplace does not allow telecommuting and it's my dream. On top of that, since I work for a public transportation system, we *never* shut down. Our buses run, therefore we are expected to show up --- rain, snow, blizzard, hurricane. 

My complaint is that my coworker heated up some cauliflower concoction and the whole area smells like stinky feet. Excuse me while I barf. 
  • Options
    @heml I hate flight delays. I've really only had to deal with one, but thankfully it was by myself.

@deecherise I'm so sorry, those are all really intense and emotional things to have to deal with. :(

FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @ElcaB ugg just thinking about that makes me want to vomit.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @heml we had a 3 hour flight delay coming home after christmas traveling with our then 4 month old. It resulted in us missing the connection and having to get a new flight (thankfully covered by the airline). So our whole journey was 3 flights instead of 2 and about 6 hours longer than anticipated (18 hours door to door instead of 12). Our 4 month old was definitely more chill about it than we were lol. He didn't care at all and we got coupon and got to cut lines thanks to him 👍.  I think as a toddler he'd have more to say about that situation 😂,  but traveling with infants isn't usually as bad as it seems. 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    @deecherise I'm so sorry, that's a lot to cope with emotionally. Thinking of you and sending support.

@ElcaB So gross. I'm sorry.

@mamak225 Amen. I hope you have a safe trip and people GTFO of the left lane. 
  • Options
    I have to move because my landlords want their family to move in. We knew this was coming they just never told us a date. Turns out it's Feb 1st.
    Every single house I've called doesn't allow large or aggressive breeds. So we have to move into an apartment. 

Oh, and my husband didn't get paid last week. His boss says tomorrow, but still, it messed up our timeline for moving. 

This is such a frustrating month. 
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl I'm with you. I am in a very food ambivalent stage... I want to eat but nothing sounds good, especially nothing healthy. Well really all i want is gluten, gluten, gluten and more gluten but it is forbidden in my house for my daughters health.... also your allowed to have a bad whiny day even when your fortunate/blessed. we all have those days.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @WinchesterGirl I feel the same as you regarding complaining. But I hate this part of pregnancy so much. 

I have a few: 
    1. I'm waiting on a call or email to set up an interview for a new job/promotion. I don't know I'll get one, just hoping, but it's getting to me sitting here and waiting. I know the resume reviews are happening and we have a tight schedule for interviews so I'm just like "hurry up!!!". Also I have an appointment Wednesday 90 minutes away so I'll miss all of work and I'm paranoid they'll schedule interviews for that day. 

2. My right kidney hurts. IDK if the UTI was up in the kidney or I am having an issue with stones. The pain is enough to make me worry but not bad enough for me to justify calling the doctor, especially since I'm only half way done with the meds. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    Thanks for the support ladies! That plus brunch are putting me on track to power through today, despite feeling kind of crappy. Not to ruin the bitchfest, but other positive things include:

1. The parenting books I ordered came in, along with the shirt I plan on wearing to piss off my labmate (it says "I don't argue with anyone Harriet Tubman would have shot.")

2. I weighed myself today and I haven't deviated from my pre-pregnancy weight. Since 1st trimester is almost over, I'm counting that as a win.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. It's nice to know we always have this board to commiserate with. 

@sourlemon Good luck with the promotion! I'm sure you'll get it! 

@deecherise LOLing at that shirt!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl I'm actually stressing about this job for nothing...99.9% chance its going to someone who works in that division. It's widely known that is who this job was "made for", however I'm gonna try my best anyways and hope she bombs lol. But I really should have my stress level equal with my expectations.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @WinchesterGirl I’m so with you. I’m tired of feeling crappy all the time too. Hoping the second trimester will be better for us. 

@deecherise Nice shirt! That stinks you still have to go to the lab in a snowstorm! 

Wishing I didn’t have to go to work tomorrow. Just feeling blah and exhausted. My son is sick and I’m trying not to get what he has. I’m trying to teach him to cough into his elbow instead of in my face, but it’s not going too well. My mom watches him when I work and she is sick too. 

• Options
    My bitch is that I have to share an office right now while we undergo an office renovation so I'm typing this so it appears I am working rather than scrolling mindlessly......
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    Sending hugs everyone!

i have a few:
    1. I had my first appt today and baby looks great! HR of 179 and was wiggling away! But my doctor doesn’t deliver at the same hospital anymore (they used to do two and now only one) and I’m really bummed about it. I haven’t heard amazing things about the nurses and procedures at this other hospital and it’s further from home and I’m super annoyed.

2. I’m glad my kids love the nanny but DS2 is obsessed with her and often wants her instead of me. DS1 is so obsessed with me he never chooses anyone over me so it kinda hurts my feelings even though he’s 2 and just loves her and doesn’t understand. 

3. I’m fucking tired of the constant puking and feeling like shit. I’ve slways wanted three so I’m praying this baby is sticky and makes it because I can’t do this again. I’m older, I’m tired, I can’t keep surviving like this.
  • Options
    Some things happened last week with my mom. I won't go into detail but it involved my niece, my mother and alcohol.  My mom has struggled with addiction her entire life but its really bad recently.  She is definitely at rock bottom...again.  I'm trying to avoid her because we just don't see eye to eye but she lives on my property so there is that.  She was going to go to an NA meeting on friday but didn't go. I texted my step dad to ask him a question about if she had made it to the doctor on monday to be referred to a psychologist and to cancel the RX she was addicted to.  Instead she sends me a novel about how shes doing what is best for her, shes trusting her intuition, she has every intention to see a psychologist, blah blah pity party poor me blah blah.  I just replied with sorry but this isn't about you anymore.  We don't deserve to have to sit in the ER waiting for you to come down off your high.  You need to seek professional help now. Your intuition has always let you down so why trust it now? Why not see someone now? I don't feel sorry for her at all. This is goes way beyond her having a pill problem. 

My sister is coming up this weekend because she wanted to be there when we told our mom about me being pregnant but I honestly don't want to even tell her. Why does she deserve to be a part of this happy time in my life when she is making the rest of us miserable. 
  • Options
    3. I’m fucking tired of the constant puking and feeling like shit. I’ve slways wanted three so I’m praying this baby is sticky and makes it because I can’t do this again. I’m older, I’m tired, I can’t keep surviving like this.
    Preach. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    @agpandme - Hugs and hugs mama. I am right there with you, though a slightly different situation. I just can't understand how an addiction can be more important than constantly draining/hurting your family. <3 
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    @MamaK225 especially when it involves a 1 year old child. That just disgusts me.  I can't fathom how she can be thinking about herself when she seriously endangered one of her grand kids.  
  • Options
    @agpandme hugs alcoholism and addition are so tough. TW** I lost my stepmom to it a few years ago. end TW*** it was so hard on everyone dealing with it and trying to pick up the pieces. Tell her only when and if your ready. Its OK to do what you need to for your mental health.
    @lilmamabebe3 I felt that so much with my last pregnancy when I was dry heaving multiple times a day well into the second tri. Hang in there, you can do this. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @agpandme I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. You're not alone. After my last MC, my mom would get drunk and send me text messages asking about the "baby" and I'd have to put on my nice face and remind her what had happened (and then when she was sober she'd deny ever sending the texts). It made me so angry that this pregnancy, I find it hard to share anything with her at all because it ends up being more emotional labor for me. I've been in therapy to deal with it for over a year and it's been a godsend. Boundaries, boundaries, boundaries. Especially during this difficult time when you should (and must!) be focusing on yourself. Good luck. 
  • Options
    @agpandme mom relationships can be so, so hard. I cut my mom out of our lives when I had DS1 because of her addiction and it wasn't easy but she did the same stuff--everything was about her, it was always our fault, etc etc. She once called to yell at me about my addiction to tea. Yeah, drinking earl grey is the same as your addiction to narcotics. Cool, dude.

You're right, it's not about her and you don't need to tell her if you don't want to. Her living on your property makes it complicated but protect yourself and your peace of mind too. Sending virtual hugs.
  • Options
    I am jealous you get to work from home. My job is not okay with it, which is weird because it is a complete work from home type of job. It's just an old company with an old mindset.
  • Options
    naturelove35naturelove35 member
    edited January 2019
    I am angry with my manager, I told her in confidence about my pregnancy because I was hoping for some job flexibility or work from home (a carrot she has been dangling). She offered me nothing. She knows my commute is long and I am uncomfortable. I guess I will have to be more direct.

She also told me our FMLA was paid 100% for salary. I work in HR and we tell everyone its not paid, so her statement confused me. I asked a million people and connected the dots. Well come to find, it's a bug in the system. There is nothing that tells payroll that someone is on FMLA, so we pay full salary in error (hourly it's different because they clock in and out). Also found out they are working on fixing it so it's possible I take FMLA thinking I will get paid and the bug will be fixed and I won't be paid. 3 months with or without salary is a big deal, I need to know! It bothers me she just wasn't honest that there is a bug.