August 2019 Moms

AMA Check In W/O 1/9-1/15

Due date/W+D: 

Age? 

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?:

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

Any specific AMA concerns?

GTKY: Do you plan to announce your pregnancy on social media? If so, when?

Re: AMA Check In W/O 1/9-1/15

• Due date/W+D: 8/2 10+5

Age? 34 (35 in April)

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: STM

Any appointments? Questions?: Next Tuesday the 15th I have a regular check up and will have my NIPT drawn

Rants/Raves?: I purchased a doppler last time around and I have been able to find the HB at home a few times now in the past week.  I'm also feeling a little less nauseated during the day, which is great. It is still hitting me at night but I'll take any improvement. 

Any specific AMA concerns? I'm nervous about the NIPT results, but I was before I was considered AMA as well.  

GTKY: Do you plan to announce your pregnancy on social media? If so, when?  Yes, debating sometime after the NIPT results come in or possibly after the anatomy scan.  We did after NIPT last time. 

• Due date/W+D: 8/15 9 weeks

Age? 39

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: 4th

Any appointments? Questions?: nope not till the end of the month

Rants/Raves?: dry heaving reared its ugly head last night... DH has been such a doll picking up my slack. 

Any specific AMA concerns? I struggled with pelvic floor weakness after my last. so I'm trying to stay on top of my exercieses so that its not so bad this time.... I guess not specifically AMA but peeing yourself all the time sucks...

GTKY: Do you plan to announce your pregnancy on social media? If so, when? Probably not. As a IF vet I'm super sensitive to how those announcements trigger folks... that plus I don't post a ton on social media...

*TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Loading the player...
  • Due date/W+D: Aug 3 (I'm pretty sure this will be a July baby, I tend to go early) 10w4d

Age? 36

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: TTM

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment tomorrow. For this pregnancy I switched OB's (something I've been planning to do).  The appointment I have for tomorrow is for a complete head to toe physical, plus a conversation about available testing and the option for progesterone shots (since we had issues with preterm contractions with my younger daughter).  

Rants/Raves?: Gas!!  OMG, the gas bubbles I get are horribly painful.  I don't seem to have a particular trigger either, it just comes and goes.  I'm talking folded over gas pains and of course once I make it to the bathroom, it's gone (except for at home, those people just have to deal with it :D ).

Any specific AMA concerns? No concerns at all. 

GTKY: Do you plan to announce your pregnancy on social media? If so, when?  We plan to, but we will probably wait until the anatomy scan.

Me: 36  DH: 37
    DD1: 9  DD2: 6
    Due date Aug 3, 2019
  • @mkrel what Doppler do you have?  I’m interested in buying one!

@wabash15 ugh about the dry heaving but yay for your H for helping out!

@Resa77063 I hope tomorrow goes well!

Due date/W+D: 8/23 7w5d

Age? 38

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: FTM

Any appointments? Questions?: Had another ultrasound today.  Baby is on track with a heartbeat of 175.  One more ultrasound next Wednesday 

Rants/Raves?: Rant My RE said I was graduated from her today but Rave that when I said I didn’t want to go, she said I could come back for one more ultrasound next Wednesday 

Any specific AMA concerns? Nope 

GTKY: Do you plan to announce your pregnancy on social media? If so, when? Yeah. I can’t decide. I wanted to wait until I was 16 weeks.  But I am a huge runDisney nerd and have always wanted to run a race in this cute idea I’ve had.  The race in February is the only one that happens while I’ll be pregnant and I’d be 13 weeks. 

• @purplg8r I have a sonoline B. 
  • edited January 2019

Due date/W+D: August 13th // 9w2d

Age?: 35

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: Third-time mama!

Any appointments? Questions?: We had our first appointment on Tuesday. Baby looked great, measuring ahead & strong heartbeat. Next week I go back for NIPT bloodwork, next baby appointment is Feb 4th.

Rants/Raves?: I found out that I have complete placenta previa, which limits my activity... yesterday I found out that I can't do any kind of exercise except light stretching. No treadmill, no elliptical... So my rant is that I'm worried my weight's going to be out of control this pregnancy  :#:#

Any specific AMA concerns?: Not any pertaining to being AMA, but the previa thing's got me a little nervous,  I will admit. I made the mistake of Googling. Don't do that. 

GTKY: Do you plan to announce your pregnancy on social media? If so, when?: We announced like, two days after we found out, because we are incapable of waiting.

FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @mkrel Glad your nausea is subsiding a little bit!

@wabash15 I'm sorry that you are feeling crummy, but I am glad your DH is stepping up! It helps so much!

@Resa77063 I'm sorry about the gas! Trapped wind is something I stuggle with pregnant or not and it's miserable sometimes! I hope it subsides for you!

@purplg8r your RE sounds great. I love your announcement idea too. Back before DS I wanted to do the Goofy...maybe someday, but I don't seem to be one of those amazing folks who can work full time, have a toddler and train for any race longer than a 10k. 

Due date/W+D: August 30 ish 6w6d

Age? 36

Any appointments? Questions?: I had my confirmation of pregnancy appointment yesterday. We discussed testing 

Rants/Raves?: Rant: I feel so much crummier this first tri than last time around! I know lots of ladies have it much worse and I shouldn't complain, but it's kicking my butt this week. Rave: My DH is also picking up major slack. 

Any specific AMA concerns? Not really. Going to my appointment made it real that I am AMA. 

GTKY: Do you plan to announce your pregnancy on social media? If so, when? I'm not sure yet. Last time it was just a very impulsive and not very creative announcement, so that's probably what will happen again. 

• Due date/W+D: Aug 16 / 8w 6d

Age? 36

Any appointments? Questions?: I’ve graduated to my OB so next week I have an intake phone call (I like that method to go over all the basics without having to trek over to the office), and then the week after that (1/22) I’ll go in for an US and hopefully NIPT draw 

Rants/Raves?: I had a really rough week, with a 2-day migraine (and then 2-day migraine “hangover” ha) and nonstop vomiting. I caved and took more medicine than I would prefer to, but since I threw up so much of it I’m guessing not that much got to the baby. 

Any specific AMA concerns? Not so far but I wonder if that will become more distinct when I start with the OB, since at the RE AMA is pretty standard so they don’t make a big deal about it  

GTKY: Do you plan to announce your pregnancy on social media? If so, when? Nope.

• Due date/W+D: 8/1 - 11 weeks!

Age? 35

Any appointments? Questions?: Next Tuesday OB and next Friday nuechal translucency screen. I found out I shouldn’t do NIPT as my results will almost certainly be skewed. Super bummed!

Rants/Raves?: got to give a plug to my Roomba I just got. I have not had to sweep or vacuum my main floor in 2 weeks!

Any specific AMA concerns? Oh just the normal “my odds are higher for this and that” stuff. 

GTKY: Do you plan to announce your pregnancy on social media? If so, when? Ehh probably not. I know way too many mommas who have\are majorly suffering with infertility and since this is number 3 I want to be sensitive. Plus I’m also trying to put less personal info out there. However, I’m sure a bump pic or 2 will eventually get posted.

BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @hey_clever_girl - Oh nooooooo! I'm sorry you've been put on SUPER rest. I know you're one of *those* who love to stay fit and active <3 If it makes you feel better, one of my friends - a TTM at 39 - had that with her last (born in October) and it cleared itself up at 35 weeks ... so there's hope! FX for you.

Due date/W+D: August 16th // 8w6d

Age?: 35 (36 next month)

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: STM

Any appointments? Questions?: I go on Monday for my final appointment with my RE, hoping to see my little Survivor hanging in there ... then I "graduate" back to my OB (whom I saw last week, when I found out one of the two babies was no longer growing) and have my MaterniT21 test on the 30th. Was already warned my 16-wk appt - somewhere near my birthday - will be with MFM, but that if everything looks ok that should be my only experience with them. FX.

Rants/Raves?: I've developed some crazy kind of congestion in the last two days that only strikes at night, it's gotten so bad that I'm having apnea. Last night, I woke up 4-5 times, *gasping* for air. Not today, Satan! MAma needs her sleep!! (I'm holding off on taking the amoxicillin I was prescribed because while it's Class B, many of those Class B meds are no buneo in the first trimester ... better safe than sorry is my motto; I'm not dying ... yet.)

Any specific AMA concerns?: Not any pertaining to being AMA, just find it funny that the break is still at 35 and not closer to 42+, especially since NONE of my friends had any children before 30  ;) 

GTKY: Do you plan to announce your pregnancy on social media? If so, when?: I'm a huge sports fan (especially football), so I'm thinking about doing a little announcement during the half-time at the Super Bowl. Either that or the following week at Valentine's Day - which is also the beginning of FebruKerry, the month-long celebration of me (Kerry) :) 

**History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Due date/W+D: August 31 / 6w + 5d

Age? 34, 35 at delivery 

Any appointments? Questions?: I had one this week for dating since it was up in the air.  Got to see little one's heartbeat! <3

Rants/Raves?: My morning sickness this go-round is at night instead of the mornings.  Its way brutal with two young kids and a husband that travels.  

Any specific AMA concerns?: This is not AMA specific, but I had GD last pregnancy and I really don't want to experience that again 

GTKY: Do you plan to announce your pregnancy on social media? If so, when?: I don't know, but am leaning towards no. We are very happy with the baby, but I think I can announce without specifically saying it, as we plan to sell our house in the next few months. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @hey_clever_girl I know PP can be scary but for most of the people I have known with it, it has moved so that it becomes a non-issue. Hopefully that will happen for you and you'll be able to do some activity. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @hey_clever_girl ok I don’t know much about placenta previa...and I’m not sure I want to google it now lol. So what is it? 

@Amdogger82 I’m not sure how having a baby will change my running. My group runs early in the morning so hopefully I’ll be able to swing it!

@cato99 I didn’t think about the whole AMA thing being more of a big deal once I move back to my OB

@olivemomma ooh!!!  I want a Roomba!!!

@MamaK225 I’ve been having trouble breathing when I’m sleeping too!  Almost like my nostrils are closing up! It’s so annoying!   And I’m a huuuuge football fan too!!

@peachy0709 I’m sorry your “night sickness” is so bad!  Hopefully you’ll start feeling better soon!
  • @peachy0709 solidarity I also had GD last pregnancy! If I have it this time, once diagnoses start rolling in I’ll aim to start or contribute to a specific discussion thread/s for support bc that was a lifesaver for me last time. I’m not optimistic about avoiding it since the older you get the more likely it is, but you never know!
  • @hey_clever_girl I had PP with DD. My OB didn’t make a big deal out of it and said it would likely self correct later on. I had an extra US somewhere around the 30 week mark and sure enough - it had resolved on its own! I wouldn’t overly stress about it until later on if it doesn’t resolve. And even if it doesn’t with monitoring you will be fine! When I had it and was asking myself all of the what if’s it made me very glad we live in the age of modern medicine!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @purplg8r that's awesome that you have a group you run with...I bet that will help a lot with running once your LO arrives. I think having a running buddy or two would be much more motivational, especially with early morning runs.  :D

• @peachy0709 - I think you jinxed me! Not only have I never had morning sickness with DD in my first pregnancy, I never even feel nauseated nor had any real heartburn. GOOD GOD. I started feeling heartburn about 9:45p and drank a cup of warm water with 3-4 tsp apple cider vinegar (I already take Pepcid because of my Benadryl regimen) and was able to sleep elevated for a while ... Then eventually laid flat again and shot up at 1:45a. Tried some agave and water, but that quickly ended in getting sick despite my best efforts (I *hate* throwing up, I will fight it with all my might). And now I'm finally ok and might be able to get 4-5 hours sleep. A whole new level of empathy for mamas with indigestion or nausea  :#
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• cato99 said:
    @peachy0709 solidarity I also had GD last pregnancy! If I have it this time, once diagnoses start rolling in I’ll aim to start or contribute to a specific discussion thread/s for support bc that was a lifesaver for me last time. I’m not optimistic about avoiding it since the older you get the more likely it is, but you never know!
    I had no idea age what a factor.  Damnit.  :D 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @MamaK225 OH NO! Nausea is the absolute worst and I'm sorry.  I hope you've gotten some relief. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I think it was a fluke, thankfully. Feeling much better now!
    **History in Spoiler**

• @MamaK225 thanks friend! I do try; I used to run half marathons before my 2nd kiddo & had finally gotten back to the gym a few months ago... So not being able to keep that routine suuuuuuucks! 

@peachy0709 I feel you on the morning sickness AND two kiddos! 

@wabash15 thank you. That's what I am hoping for as well!

@purplg8r placenta previa is when the placenta, instead of attaching in a central/upper location in the uterus, attaches directly covering the opening to the cervix. (This is complete placenta previa, which is what I have.) Partial previa is where it's only partially covering the cervix. Partial previa is much more likely to move as the uterus does; complete is less likely. If it doesn't move by the third trimester, I'll have to have a c-section—likely a month or so before my due date so there is less risk of me going into labor on my own. If my previa doesn't clear up and I go into labor, the risk of hemorrhaging is very high. AND, in some cases with complete PP, you will have to have a hysterectomy during your c-section because the risk of cutting into the placenta and causing a bad hemorrhage exists =/

@olivemomma yeah, the u/s tech and my midwife didn't make a big deal out of it, either. It's my own dumb Googling that has me all worried! I was just saying to my husband that I wonder how many woman died because of this hundreds of years ago... thank goodness for modern medicine indeed.

FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @hey_clever_girl - OMG, I didn't realize it was complete previa :( Well, I'll be crossing my fingers, eyes, and toes for you.

Also, since I'm AMA and *clearly* old ... how do we get those cute little preggo countdowns on our siggy? 
    **History in Spoiler**