August 2019 Moms

Monday B*fest 1/7

2»

Re: Monday B*fest 1/7

• @MamaK225 I think the farther we progress & the more we do stuff like UO and FFFC, the more snark and drama we'll see. I can remember a couple of drama incidents on my last BMB that were from posts like that. (This is @runningisrad, btw. I changed my username.)
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @mamak225 @WinchesterGirl @lilmamabebe3 you are my people! I enjoy a bit of snark.... and really my snark was SO mild... 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Loading the player...
  • Alright I enjoy the snark too. However, I felt I kind of had to say something on the US thread bc she was maybe the 3rd or 4th person to comment on the sex of the baby and some who had previously had gotten some guesses and replies. I totally get that she was just 1 too many and it was starting to be too much but I couldn’t really blame the girl and my pregnancy hormones felt bad for her! 

I did however want to scream out “you are having a human!” Every time someone asked the sex - I probably just should have done it the first time around instead of biting my tongue 
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Well I'm glad I'm not alone.  :D
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @WinchesterGirl Please keep the snark coming. I find special snowflakes very annoying. Through years of conditioning I sadly find it difficult to produce snark, but I definitely appreciate hearing it.
  • Why is it so difficult to post appropriately? Do I feel bad that the individual clogging up the u/s thread has suffered recurrent loss? Yes. Without a doubt. But at the same time, I'm wondering why they didn't seek out a PGAL or PAIF thread, and waited to throw that fact in everyone's face after being objectively annoying.
  • @deecherise - Totally agreed: it's almost as if the most active group - instead of applicable - was chosen and only after an unwanted response was posted did that information become available. Also, how are you feeling? How did that lunch go? Was thinking about you the other day, but work's been insane and I haven't really been very active lately :)

AFM, I got hit hard by some sort of congestion from hell. So now, I'm waking up 4-5x a night with apnea (i.e. gasping for air) because of all this grossness. Which then leads me to Dr. Google and the effects of oxygen deprivation on growing fetuses (thanks 4a Anxiety, I've missed you :| ). I was able to get some antibiotics today, but I'm really hesitant because I have read there haven't been many consistent studies proving the safeness of taking Amoxicillin (class B) during the 1st trimester - and it's been linked to oral clefts and cleft palates ... so WTF, I'm running on no sleep at the peak of OMG-I'M-SO-TIRED part of the 1st trimester and work is kicking my ass. I just need a break. And for some more studies to come out about the benefits of whiskey (I'll settle for red wine ...) in the first trimester, mama needs *something.* Grrrr.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• @MamaK225 Aww, thank you for thinking of me! The lunch went....okay. I think BD's mom and sister are truly afraid that I'm going to try to keep the baby away from them, and that's why they're pressuring him not to TPR. Which is a pretty silly line of thinking because I'm going to need all of the help I can get, even if I don't agree with his sister on how she raises her children. His mom is supposedly going to be at the 18-20 week ultrasound with me. It's cute how excited she is.

I hope you feel better soon! URIs during pregnancy suuuccck. The positive thing about cleft lip/palate is that it's an extremely common defect that is easily remedied. However, I have faith that your little darling will be perfect in every way ❤️

I miss alcohol (and weed) so much. I've occasionally indulged in sparkling grape juice, but it's just not the same!
  • @deecherise - Yes, there are no good "substitutes." So happy that the lunch seemed to go well, it will go a LONG way having his mother engaged, even if he isn't. All of our family lives so far away and even though I only trust one or two of them to watch my child, it does kind of suck that I don't even have the option. OH! Has there been any update on the labmate from hell? I don't think I found the update on their return. I know weed really helps with nausea, but there is already people trying to fund some negative "studies" to support their close-minded assumptions. It's not legal in the South, so I couldn't participate if I wanted to ... I still run the risk of an errant burning crucifix in my yard if I enjoy some drinks on Sunday (pre-pregnancy) *eye roll emoji*. 
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Oh yeah! Check this week's WTF Wednesday :smile: I'm planning on being sickly sweet when I get in today and "warning" him about our competent cells....even though I know our boss has already informed him that he fucked up.

Lol it's not legal here either, but it is decriminalized in my municipality. Weed does help with nausea, but the fact that it acts directly on neurotransmitters makes me nervous about the long-term implications regarding baby's mood and personality. There's just not enough information available for me to take the risk. I do wish that someone would do an unbiased longitudinal study though. As more states legalize, more doors open for scientific study.

• @deecherise - Those were the preliminary/early studies I had read about: impact on personality and mood and seratonin receptors. I'll go check out the newest thread :) 
    **History in Spoiler**