3rd Trimester

Baby swollen face ultrasound

Naomi555Naomi555 member
edited January 2019 in 3rd Trimester
Hi mommas,

My husband and I went to get an ultrasound of our baby boy yesterday. I’ll be 33 weeks on Friday, due date March 1st. I know ultrasounds can be somewhat distorted but my husband and i cannot get over how swollen his face looked and especially his nose. We are a little worried. Has anyone ever had and/or seen a similar ultrasound? 

Re: Baby swollen face ultrasound

• Did you mention it to the medical team when you were at your ultrasound? 

Not a medical expert, but could it be pushed up against the uterus making it look smushed like?  Also, to me the 3-d ultrasounds make baby looks creepier than they are when delivered.  I think the 3/4- d ultrasounds ARE NOT CUTE!  LOL.

Believe me, when we saw our LO, we wondered what alien was in there, but was born perfectly fine :) 
  • WSS. 
    Did you ask during the ultrasound?  Usually if there's something of concern the medical team will tell you.  But yea, ultrasounds can look pretty strange at times.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @mermaidca @harpseal135 I’m going out on a limb that “Vegas Baby! US” is not exactly a medical team.

OP, I’m adding that your baby is also constantly surrounded by water and being squished by BH contractions, etc. so they might just be a little swollen. I would not be concerned.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Haha!!  @meggyme good catch!!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • meggyme said:
    @mermaidca @harpseal135 I’m going out on a limb that “Vegas Baby! US” is not exactly a medical team.

OP, I’m adding that your baby is also constantly surrounded by water and being squished by BH contractions, etc. so they might just be a little swollen. I would not be concerned.
    @meggyme Oh My! I completely never looked at the writing, just the pic........ Um, yeah not a reliable source for ultrasounds - sorry but I dont feel that these boutique places should be allowed to operate.....just for reasons like this - they cause more concern than anything as they are NOT medical professionals and unregulated. :(
  • deekaymdeekaym Just Joined
    My baby also looks like that on US n I'm so worried. I'm due September. I hope it was not a true reflection. None the less I will love him/ her with my all.