Group 4 (June 23-30) Check-in, w/o Jan 6

magpie87magpie87 member
edited January 2019 in June 2019 Moms
Due date/W+D:  

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?: 

Rants/Raves?:  

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY - [Stolen from other groups] Have you made any New Year's resolutions? 

imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Group 4 (June 23-30) Check-in, w/o Jan 6

• Due date/W+D: June 23rd / 16+2

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appointment tomorrow. 

Rants/Raves?: I’m pretty sure I’ve started to feel the baby move! It’s still pretty light feeling, so I won’t be surprised if I don’t feel it every day.

How are you feeling?: Still getting sick in the mornings before I eat and occasionally feeling nauseous at other points in the day, but I think I’m finally over most of the nausea.

GTKY - [Stolen from other groups] Have you made any New Year's resolutions? Not really.

• Due date/W+D:  June 23, 16 +2, 

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado 

Any appointments? Questions?: level 2 ultrasound coming up this week

Rants/Raves?:  I tried to cut back on the unisom I’ve been taking and my MS came back ugh avengance.  I’m over it!!  Also super anxious about my ultrasound after unsettling results from my NT Scan.

How are you feeling?:  sick and anxious. 

GTKY - [Stolen from other groups] Have you made any New Year's resolutions?  Manage my anxiety.  Not going so well.

• Loading the player...
  • magpie87magpie87 member
    edited January 2019
    @cbowl10 hoping your ultrasound goes well tomorrow & that you get some good news!

Due date/W+D: June 30/15 + 2

Baby is the size of a(n): navel orange

Any appointments? Questions?: my next appt is Jan 31st. Have to wait until Feb 28th for the anatomy scan, though. 

Rants/Raves?:  We announced on Facebook on the 1st. It feels good to finally have it out there, especially since I have so many FB friends that are due within a few months of me & I almost slipped up several times & commented on their posts about my pregnancy. 

How are you feeling?: Okay most of the time. Some food aversions still, but no major nausea issues. Also, I feel like I have been feeling flutters for the last 3 weeks or so. I'm looking forward to when H & DD1&2 can feel the movements, too.

GTKY - [Stolen from other groups] Have you made any New Year's resolutions? Just made a goal to focus more on family this year. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Due date/W+D:  June 23, 16w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado!

Any appointments? Questions?: Monthly routine checkup on Jan24, I could have sworn she said we’d be doing a US but I have my anatomy scan in Feb so I doubt we’d do two?

Rants/Raves?: Rant: I cant seem to find any good maternity pants for work, although I’ve been using my Bellaband and prepregnancy work pants, it’s getting annoying having to pull them up all the time. I kind of want something that will go over my belly since I’m always so cold.

How are you feeling?: Good! Starting to get uncomfortable when I sleep since I’m forced to sleep on my left side or back. I usually sleep on my right (prepregnancy) but it’s been uncomfortable.

GTKY - [Stolen from other groups] Have you made any New Year's resolutions? A lot of work related resolutions but I definitely want to read more and spend less time on social media.

• Good luck @cbowl10 !
    @kdcatmom I've been wearing leggings from Express. They look professional but are super comfy!

Due date/W+D:  June 27 / 15w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): lightbulb

Any appointments? Questions?: Just booked the anatomy scan for Feb 7!

Rants/Raves?:  Rave!!! Doctor cleared me to go back to pole class (minus the inversions) and my first class back is tonight! Cannot wait to start moving again!

How are you feeling?: much much MUCH better! As long as I eat first thing when I wake up the nausea has mostly subsided. This insomnia though... it's a killer.

GTKY - [Stolen from other groups] Have you made any New Year's resolutions? Be a good mom?? I didn't make one. 

• Due date/W+D:  June 30 - 15W 2D

Baby is the size of a(n): donut

Any appointments? Questions?: early anatomy scan Friday and bloodwork for maternal serum test

Rants/Raves?:  I go to weekly checks since my NT scare, and my last 2 appts have gone really well. My nuchal measure is now normal so things are looking much better for my little munchkin.  

How are you feeling?: M/S gone, just lots of headache and aches/pains

GTKY - [Stolen from other groups] Have you made any New Year's resolutions? To be kinder to myself and build my self esteem to where it should be 

• @cbowl10 Sending good vibes your way!

@kdcatmom I got maternity pants from Old Navy and Kohls (online, because the stores had nothing). I had to get them hemmed because I’m super short, but that’s a given for me. Otherwise, I’m in love and never going back to regular pants, lol!

Due date/W+D: June 27th, 15w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Jar of Nutella

Any appointments? Questions?: I don’t have my next appointment until January 24th. It will be our anatomy scan, so we’re really excited! I’m anxiously awaiting the results from my Horizon genetic screening, though.

Rants/Raves?: My taste buds are super strong, and I’m kind of over it. I was making fruit salad a few weeks ago, and the melon tasted like it had gone bad to me, but to everyone else it didn’t seem ripe. The worst, though, was I put some cookies in a container I had used for leftovers over the weekend, and even though the container was clean, the cookies now taste and smell like the leftovers, but only to me! My husband thinks they’re perfectly fine.

How are you feeling?: I’m simultaneously happy and worried because I feel normal! About a week ago, I thought my morning sickness would never end, but now, I feel better all around—fatigue is better and no nausea. But the baby is very comfy on my left side (I can feel a bump there), and I haven’t felt any definitive movements (maybe flutters, but it could definitely be something else); plus I get cramps on the left side for the most part (just growing pains, I think) so I’m worried something’s wrong. The nausea and fatigue sucked, but it made me feel like I was definitively pregnant, at least!

GTKY - [Stolen from other groups] Have you made any New Year's resolutions?: For the first time ever, no, because I already feel like I’m going through enough changes right now!

• sno19sno19 member
    edited January 2019
    Due Date June 26 W/D: 16weeks

Next Appt: Jan 15th just for a check- up

How I'm feeling, instill feel sick and I'm still losing weight instead of gaining but I'm overweight so my doctor isnt too worried but she wants me to gain 5lbs or stay the same weight which idk how I'm going to do that since baby will put some pounds on me as they get older. I started with Hyperemesis Gravidarum  and it's getting better but it's very hard to keep anything down. The only thing that bums me out is I wont find out the gender untill the second week of February which will make me 21 weeks, so now I'm wondering if we should just wait for birth. 

New year resolution? I just hoped this year would be better than the last. We are welcoming a new baby in!
  • @kjr9519 Curious.. are you feeling baby at certain times of day? I'm one day ahead of you and sometimes I think I might be feeling baby, but never sure! Also, YGPM.

@holyboobsbatman yay for getting pack into a workout routine (I assume that's what pole is lol). I go back to my gym tonight - super pumped
  • @wearyfuzzball yeah, some at night but also in the mornings before I get up. I do pretty much need to be lying down still to feel anything.
  • edited January 2019
    Thanks @wearyfuzzball !

Yep, I used to do pole fitness before I got pregnant (pole dancing classes with yoga and weight training thrown in). I was doing it for about a year and a half, but I took off for a few months when I first got pregnant. (I could not bring myself to work out that first trimester). My doctor said since I was doing it before my pregnancy I can continue, just no inversions. So nice to get moving again!

I *think* I started a fitness thread, but I'm on mobile so I'm not sure. 
  • Due date/W+D: June 25 / 16+1 

Baby is the size of a(n): App says CD today but avocado yesterday and those seem to be VERY different sizes so...?

Any appointments? Questions?: Had an OB appointment Monday that went pretty well! Nothing really extraordinary there -- peed in a cup, checked my BP, listened for the heartbeat, talked to the OB. My homework is to start finding out what I need to do to get a breast pump through insurance, sign up for online birthing classes through our hospital, and if I'm feeling ambitious, start researching a pediatrician. HOW IS IT POSSIBLY TIME FOR THESE THINGS ALREADY?

Rants/Raves?: Kind of both in one story: I'm finally at the point where my normal jeans are uncomfortable. I've lasted a while in them because I'm pretty hourglass-y, so I always have to size them to fit my hips, which leaves a ton of space in the waist. But it's finally to the point where the button is starting to dig in (and forget a belt, that sucker hurts when I'm sitting at my desk all day). My mind wandered there for a minute during church on Sunday, but it was a "file this away for later" thing -- I'd just as soon buy maternity clothes used because I'm cheap AF, and don't want to get something that I'll have to replace in two months anyway (if things keep growing), but my town has crap for thrift stores. Rant: I hate wearing real pants, and I hate that we don't have better thrift stores in a city with a quarter of a million people. After the service, a semi-friend (her older sister and I lived together in college, but she's about 10 years younger than we are) came up to me and asked if I might have any use for her old maternity clothes -- she had given them to a friend, who unexpectedly gave them back, and she didn't know what to do with them, but since we're about the same size she figured I'd ask. WHAT?!?! Clearly this is my rave -- how does that even happen? YAY!!!

How are you feeling?: Pretty much fine...still feeling not very pregnant (despite the tummy, which is finally starting to look something akin to a baby bump instead of the morning after a gorgefest at the local Pizza Ranch) so that's kind of a mind-bender. I just don't feel much of anything, but I'm hoping that next month, getting to see Baby on an ultrasound again (since it's been FOREVER since the last one...haven't had one in two months) and finding out gender so we can give him or her a real name will help make this a little more real.

GTKY - [Stolen from other groups] Have you made any New Year's resolutions? Pfffft, what's a resolution?

• Due date/W+D: 6/25,16w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): CD

Any appointments? Questions?: Next week

Rants/Raves?: So much gas! Also, I stopped discussing names with people when asked because I was getting unsolicited negative feedback. Seems like everyone has an opinion on names. 🙄

How are you feeling?: Overall I feel okay. Waiting to see my baby bump! I am struggling to train myself to sleep on my left side though. I’m a back sleeper. I bought the Queen rose pregnancy pillow on amazon hoping that it would help but I seem to wake up on my back still more often than not.

GTKY - [Stolen from other groups] Have you made any New Year's resolutions? Not really but I have decided to try to be more mindful and actively try to manage my stress better. My work is a stressful place and I’ve been having issues with a coworker. Prenatal yoga has helped a lot. I’ve also started diffusing stress relieving essential oils in my office and I do the breathing technique where you inhale through your nose as long as you can then exhale through your mouth for as long as you can when it gets really overwhelming. 

• @holyboobsbatman Your screen name is on point! Also, I’ve been experiencing the insomnia too. I got in bed at 10 last night and probably actually fell asleep around 1 AM. 🤯
  • @caratdeana thanks! I just ordered three different pairs from old navy hoping at least one style fits. 🤞
  • raemy12345raemy12345 member
    edited January 2019
    Due date/W+D

6/25/19 (16+2)

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Junior bacon cheeseburger (LOL that's not what my bump app told me - either an avocado or a CD, so it says - but I figure we're all working with the same foods here so I wanted to throw something else in. PS: I'm a vegetarian)

Any appointments? Questions?: 

Had an appointment today - first time I saw a male doc (which I specifically didn't want but he rotates in my practice.) I actually loved him! Very to the point and easy to understand - I feel like I've been rushed through my last few appointments, and also felt like I wasn't given the clearest direction on what's elective and what's required. (FTM and I don't know my head from my butt in these appointments.) But he was great!

Rants/Raves?:  

Rave: 

Loving my skin. I've suffered from acne most of my life and not only did it clear up, but I've got a rosy blush going on. It's kinda nice because I feel like the blush+extra weight has taken some years off my face. Thanks baby boo! (And now I'm internet blushing for sounding so superficial, lol)

Rant: 

I hate dealing with the red tape of healthcare: calling my insurance, sorting paperwork, arguing charges, trying to make sure I'm in-network, wondering if I'm being tricked into stuff that makes the hospital/insurance money but doesn't actually help me - the list could go on and on. Argh. But today's appointment was good - so there's hope!

How are you feeling?: 

Tired...anxious...goofy...bloated...grateful...snippy at SO...tired. 

GTKY - [Stolen from other groups] Have you made any New Year's resolutions? 

Yes- I'm reading one book/week until baby comes. I LOVE to read and know that time will be quite precious for months (years?) after baby's arrival - so trying to dive in and get some books knocked off my "always wanted to read, but never have" list. 

• @sarcat87 I'm a back sleeper too and it's been an adjustment! I also got a pregnancy pillow - it seems great but it's still so awkward to try and change positions when you've been used to sleeping a certain way for so long. Hope your pillow starts working magic soon!
  • @holyboobsbatman Great name. Respect owing for pole classes. I'm not sure how I am going to function going back to work after the holidays. So tired. If I added a sporting class to that I'd probably collapse.

Due date/W+D:  25th June

Baby is the size of a(n): Avacado

Any appointments? Questions?:  I have my first scheduled appointment at the hospital rather than the GP in a couple of weeks. Will be meeting with the MFM and Obstetrician. Should also be referred for my anatomy scan on Monday. Feeling pumped, excited, nervous. A myriad of emotions really.

Rants/Raves?:  Not really. I'm feeling pretty sedate these days compared to the beginning where everything annoyed me. So not much is rattling me at the moment.

Raves though: Easter is around the corner. Here that means Hot Cross Buns. The local supermarket does a chocolate version and... lets just say I have ingested many of these already. Link is to a recipe, although I love baking I just buy them. https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/chocolate-hot-cross-buns/Qo1QxWhz

How are you feeling?: Tired. I sleep in till 7:30/8 then take a nap again around lunch time, then my eyes are closing by 8pm. 
    I also think I might be feeling baby? Particularly right before bed. I don't know. FTM=I have no idea what I'm feeling down there. Could still be gas! However I can find him on the doppler all the time now. Figured out where he likes to hang out so that has been  reassuring.

GTKY - [Stolen from other groups] Have you made any New Year's resolutions? Theoretically to keep the house cleaner than I currently do. Looking at the state of my floors currently, I think that perhaps I've already failed. 

@ki1244 I think I still look like I ate a lot of cake (or hot cross buns!) rather than pregnant. Hoping that this changes before I go back to working with teenagers. They can be blunt! I hope you get to see your LO soon :)

• Haha, thank you @011sammie017 and @sarcat87 ! Went from an A cup to a *very* full B/small C in the matter of a few weeks 😂 One of the nice perks of pregnancy.