Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

TTC after a MMC and Scared

Hi there! I am new to the community and was looking for some advice. My husband and I went through a loss recently. We were finally ready to start trying for a baby this past August. I was pregnant by September and we were so excited. Everything seemed to be going great until we went to the doctor at 10 weeks for an ultrasound. The baby had no heartbeat (I was at 10 weeks the baby measured around 8 weeks). I was devastated. I had to option to let everything pass on its own which I was told could take a few weeks or have a D&C. I opted for the D&C and had the procedure two days later. I don't think I would have been strong enough to go through a miscarriage at home. I have gone through so many emotions in the last two months and keep going through my head wondering what i did wrong or how I could have done things different. I am still getting used to the idea of not being pregnant. 

My doctor and I talked about when it would be best to start trying again at my post op visit. He told me i should wait two normal cycles for dating purposes and to get myself together mentally. We are about to hit that ovulation cycle and to be honest I am terrified to try again. I don't know that I am strong enough to go through another mc if that is what happens. I am just looking for some advice or words of wisdom from you wonderful ladies. I don't really know anyone personally who has gone through a loss like this so I feel like I have no one to talk to about the situation.

Re: TTC after a MMC and Scared

• Options
    I’m so sorry for your loss.  It can be difficult and scary to start trying again after a MC but unfortunately MCs are common and most people go on to have healthy babies eventually.  Only you can know when you are ready to try again.  This board is mainly for people suffering from and are not really trying to conceive at the moment.  You will find great support at TTCAL as all of those women have experienced a loss and are actively trying or going through testing before trying.  I think you will find that board to be more helpful to you. 
  • Options
    Thank you so much