August 2019 Moms

Group 4 Check In (Aug 24-31) - W/O 01/06

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Will you find out the baby’s sex? If so, when? 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

Re: Group 4 Check In (Aug 24-31) - W/O 01/06

• Loading the player...
  • @dogmomma096, thank you! This whole morning sickness didn’t hit till Thursday and has only happened 2 times so I’m hoping it doesn’t become a regular occurrence. I will likely let some people on my team know and the program coordinator so if it happens again, they know why I’m out of commission. 

I am glad your bleeding stopped and you got to see the baby and the heartbeat. That’s so great and reassuring. 

• chayshay1408chayshay1408 member
    edited January 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6w 2d EDD 8/31

Baby is the size of a(n): Lentil? Blueberry? haha it's a tiny little thing 

Upcoming Appointments: 1/21

How are you feeling?: exhausted. Starting to get nauseous. Super excited for that part. :) 

Rants/Raves: I am so excited to complete our family but I am terrified of another CP, I am more pregnant than I was earlier so that's a small victory! 

It's also going to be a challenge to navigate feeling horrible and taking care of the 4 year old. So thats a little bit of a rant I suppose.

Questions: 

GTKY: Will you find out the baby’s sex? If so, when? We will find out at our anatomy scan :) 
    DS #1 (J) born 4/3/08     CP 12/13    DS#2 (L) born 12/12/08      CP 11/18      Baby #3 due August 2019

Autism Mama  
  • @AKuzReve I’m so sorry you’re going through this while not at home. That must be so hard!

@dogmomma096 Yay for seeing a heartbeat! That’s so exciting!

@chayshay1408 I comiserate about having to take care of one kiddo while feeling horrible. I feel like I’m neglecting my 2-yr-old compared to normal, and it makes me feel like the worst mama. 

EDD 8/24, 7w+1

Baby is the size of a(n): m&m

Upcoming Appointments: January 21st (ultrasound)

How are you feeling?: Still nauseous / exhausted / dizzy. With DD I started feeling nauseous later (8 weeks at the earliest), and never felt this bad, so I’m coming to terms with the fact that this is looking like it’s going to be a rougher pregnancy (or at least a rougher first tri). 

Rants/Raves: My parents are visiting, which should be fantastic. My mom is being very helpful, but I feel like my dad is just judging everything and making me feel super horrible on top of me already feeling horrible. 

Questions: 

Yes! Hopefully we’ll find out via NIPT. The test didn’t work when I was pregnant with DD (they tried twice, couldn’t get a big enough sample of cell free DNA), so I’m crossing my fingers that it works this time around! Otherwise I’ll be stuck waiting until the anatomy scan!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 
    EDD 8/26/ 6w5d

Baby’s length is the size of an Earring post 

Upcoming Appointments:
    Tomorrow!! I have the first ultrasound 

How are you feeling?: 
    Incredibly tired with random periods of queasiness. Boobs are so sore I have to sleep in a sports bra- actually I am practically living in them LOL... (I have some large girls).  Crampy achy abdomen and I had a migraine on Monday which I haven’t had in a long time. All If my symptoms feel worse in the afternoon  and thank god I have not vomited yet! 

Rants/Raves: 
    im ready to be done with the first trimester!! I am terrified of another MC and I’m just ready to be comfortable to tell others :)

Questions: 
    Has anyone had the feeling of tight hands? I don’t have any swelling to my hands but my fingers just feel tight...?

I wanted to keep it a surprise but I don’t know if I will be able to hold out. Right now I’m just focused on seeing a little bean on that ultrasound tomorrow. 
  • I’m glad your bleeding stopped and you saw a heartbeat!! <3
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/29

Upcoming Appointments: This Wednesday will be my first, 1/9

How are you feeling?: Tired AF and really moody, which sucks. I felt so happy with my last pregnancy, I’m bummed I’m so cranky right now!

Rants/Raves: I want all of the salty food rn

Questions: none today!

GTKY: Will you find out the baby’s sex? If so, when?  Probably at the anatomy scan?
  • @AKuzReve I am so sorry you feel so crummy while traveling. That sounds absolutely brutsal U gioe you can find some relief.

@dogmomma096 I'm also so glad your bleeding has stopped!

@chayshay and @aecm I am also trying to figure out feeling crummy and also taking care of ds. I definitely feel crappier this time around too. @aecm, I am sorry your dad is making you feel horrible. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: August 30th/ 6 weeks 3 days

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming Appointments: Confirmation of pregnancy on Wednesday. My ob practice does a viability/dating ultrasound at 8/9 weeks, so I hope we will schedule that then!

How are you feeling?: Kinda crummy. Nauseous and exhausted, but I haven't actually thrown up, so that's a silver lining, I guess.

Rants/Raves: I definitely have impostor syndrome sometimes about my job when I feel like I am not good enough or not getting enough done. Being in the first tri and feeling like getting through the day is an accomplishment does not help, because just getting through the day is just not good enough. I'm trying to be kind to myself about it, but seeing my productivity drop makes me anxious and feel terrible. And at the same time I just want to sleep.

Questions: 

GTKY: Will you find out the baby’s sex? If so, when? Yes. Probably at the anatomy scan. I am too impatient!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: I'll find out for sure tomorrow.  I'm either 6w + 2 or 7w + 2.  

Baby is the size of a(n): Some website said a sweet pea, which just melts my ice cold heart!!! 

Upcoming Appointments: TOMORROW. Maybe I should have waited to post but I have to get my nervous energy out. 

How are you feeling?: Awful.  It seems like my morning sickness gets worse each pregnancy and I get it BAD. 

Rants/Raves: I hate how sensitive I get during pregnancy.  I don't want to take things so personally, and normally don't, but I'm uber sensitive right now. 

GTKY: Will you find out the baby’s sex? If so, when?: Yes.  We might do blood test at 13-15 weeks since I'll technically be AMA by delivery (HAHAHA), or I might do a 3D scan again like I did last time at 15 weeks (I couldn't wait to find out anymore!! With my first, I KNEW she was a girl immediately, and couldn't figure it out with my second, which (possible TW........) I think was a result of a vanishing twin messing with my perception).  
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Thank you all! Today was a better day. I found a burger place and got that with fries for dinner. I’ve already lost 1kg since being in China and I was skinny to begin with so that’s no fun. 

So so happy to see more people joining our check in! Welcome to all!! 

@peachy0709, good luck tomorrow! 

@Amdogger82, good luck on Wednesday! 

@chayshay1408, I am curious as to your username and what your name is! My nickname is similar to your username. 

To all having bad nausea and m/s, I hope 1st tri flies by so we can all relax and enjoy pregnancy. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 27. 6w7

Baby is the size of a(n): honeybee

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday. We have a follow up with the early pregnancy clinic (after a referral from the ER) so hopefully we will get to see baby's heart beat! That afternoon we have our first OB appointment. And more blood work today.

How are you feeling?: Anxious. Exhausted. All I want to do is sleep. Crampy on and off. My boobs hurt like crazy. Well my nipples do anyway. That one is new for me haha. Nausea hit full on yesterday. If I can manage to eat something, it helps.

Rants/Raves: oh my gosh. Pregnancy dreams are INSANE! Anyone else? Also, I've started waking up at least once in the night to pee. And then I can't fall back asleep. Today my body woke me at 4 am. Which is the time I should have been getting up for work today. But I'm off per doctors orders. Funny how your body has an internal alarm clock? Or maybe it was a fluke...

Questions: anyone else's abs hurt? For the last several days, if I stretch up or back, my abs feel tight, like they do after 1000 sit ups. (I definitely haven't done any sit ups lately haha). Is that a pregnancy thing? Or a lack of exercise due to doctor ordered rest thing?

Willyou find out the baby’s sex?: So... I seem to be the anomoly here... Everyone is on the yes train, and I'm on the "no waaaay!!!" Boat. DH seems to hope we will accidentally see on the US. But I really really REALLY don't want to know!! With the last pregnancy, I was secretly hoping for a girl. This one I literally don't care. I just desperately want to carry a healthy baby to term, and deliver safely.

• @AKuzReve I can't imagine how difficult it must be to travel in the first trimester! Especially to be able to find food that is appealing through aversions and nausea! I'm having a hard enough time at home!

@aecm I'm sorry your dad is being so unsupportive! That's so unfair!
  • Est Due Date/ Weeks + Days: 6 weeks 5 days, est due date of August 28th

Baby is the size of an: earring post!

Upcoming appointments: I do not have any appointments until the end of January, one with a nutritionist and one is just a check up.

How are you feeling?: Exhausted. Knock on wood, that and very occasional nausea have been my only two symptoms. It is also my first day back at work after an accident 2 weeks ago so the exhaustion is definitely hard to beat today.

Rants/ Raves: I pack myself an obscene amount of food to get through the day, but none of it is appetizing.

Questions:

GTKY: Will you find out the baby's sex? If so when.
    We plan on giving it to one of our friends and having a small get together with family so we can all find out at the same time. We will probably find out at our anatomy scan so we have a long way to go!
  • @chillycanadian 100% to the weird dreams, which seems so early to me!!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @chillycanadian Totally with you on the weird dreams. Not every night for me, but every few nights for sure. I’m not with you on the abs hurting tho - not yet at least. With DD my abs started feeling like they were being ripped apart, but that was around 30-something weeks so we still have lots of time before that fun begins 😂
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @celticknotfire Excited for your US!! I’m sorry you’re starting to get all day sickness 😷
    @chayshay1408 I’m sure that PGAL brain is really difficult to manage. Hugs to you - 2 more weeks until your appointment! I bet it’s 1000x harder to feel crappy with a toddler running around. You go momma!
    @aecm I’m sorry you feel like your dad is judging you. I hope your nausea goes away quickly to make up for it being worse this time around!
    @nursenicolee Was your US today or tomorrow? FX all goes well!!
    @catpants Yay for appointment this week!!
    @amdogger82 I hear you in the Imposter syndrome. I’m definitely in the “fake it til you make it” zone for the next few weeks!
    @peachy0709 FX for you tomorrow!! I hope your appointment will bring you some relief.
    @chillycanadian I hope your OB appt went well and you get to see a strong heartbeat on a Wednesday!
    @brianalee2984 Such a long wait for an appointment! I also packed like 10 different snacks to eat today and only managed to eat half, but am still starving!
  • telda715telda715 member
    edited January 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/28 as of right now, but it is more like 8/24 based on embryo transfer date. 

Baby is the size of a(n): pea! 

Upcoming Appointments: Jan. 22nd - Next Ultrasound 

How are you feeling?: Exhausted! Morning/all day sickness has thankfully laid off. I didn’t have it much with my first (10 yrs ago), so I’m not concerned about it leaving early. 

Rants/Raves: I know pregnancy isn’t easy... Just hate the emotional rollercoaster. I feel you @dogmomma096 I had bleeding last Thursday, went in early for an ultrasound Friday. (I feel you! It is scary. Glad all is good now!!) Found out my ovaries rate massive still from all the IVF drugs, I have bruising of my lining, and an empty sac that was embryo #2. Positive, we have one strong pea! With a 123 heartbeat. I wish I could see it daily. I’m obsessive and want the reassurance she’s still growing! (We’ve decided it is a girl! Haha) 

Questions: When did/do you all plan to see the OB? I’m currently going to my RE, wondering if I should notify an OB to pencil me in for August! 

GTKY: Will you find out the baby’s sex? If so, when? Yes! ASAP! :) 
  • @aecm aww maaaan! So it's just gonna get worse?! 😂 Thanks for the heads up. I've never made it past 10 weeks so the whole 2nd and 3rd trimester are mysteries to me!
    I wouldn't call this pain..... Just discomfort/soreness. Good to know I have ab ripping pain to look forward to! 😂
  • @chillycanadian The ab pain may temporarily get worse (it only lasted a couple of weeks for me!) but I promise the rest of the symptoms get WAAAY better. Until about 38 weeks. Then we’ll be miserable again 😂
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 26 / 7 + 1 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: January 21 (ultrasound!)

How are you feeling?: Okay. I feel a little nauseated and have some food aversions, but otherwise I'm okay. Chasing my almost 20 month old around has been tiring, but I'm also getting over a cold so it's two-fold.

Rants/Raves: I'm so bloated that I feel like I'm showing already even though I know I'm not. I also don't like the waiting game before the first ultrasound - it makes me so nervous that something's going to be wrong.

Questions: 

GTKY: Will you find out the baby’s sex? If so, when? Yes! Although we didn't do the early genetic testing with our first, we may do it this time (if it's not an outrageous cost). Otherwise - the anatomy scan!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/31 6w+3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Chocolate Chip

Upcoming Appointments: First appointment+US 8/18

How are you feeling?: Tired, nauseous, a bit precious TBH.

Rants/Raves: Have I thrown up yet? No. Do I feel like throwing up 88% of the day and then hungry but not hungry for the other 22%? Yes.

Questions: Anybody else almost fall asleep in the shower/on the toilet? (Maybe I did on the toilet, but just for a little bit)

GTKY: Will you find out the baby’s sex? If so, when? Yes, but aside from MH, we are telling people we are not. My family (in particular) has a LOT of opinions and I really don't want their unsolicited options on names and decor. If I tell them that we are finding out, but not telling people a) they will be offended and b) they will hound me and try to guess until I cave. IDK when we will find out as I don't know when my Doctor does this nor what to expect at each appointment since this is my first pregnancy and I haven't been to see him, yet!
  • zamoraspinzamoraspin member
    edited January 2019

@akuzreve I'm sorry you are feeling so terrible! How are you holding up? That must be really rough to be traveling while you feel so rough.

@dogmomma096 I think for the NIPT if it is not covered you may be able to get a direct pay discount, I think my sister said she paid maybe $300 OOP. It may vary but I've found this is often true with stuff that is not covered by insurance, you can contact the company that does it directly and they'll let you pay less than what they bill insurance.

@celticknotfire I hope the u/s goes well tomorrow!

@chashay1408 I bet that is really hard to chase a 4 year old around while nauseous and tired.

@aecm I'm sorry you are experiencing nausea earlier than you expected. That's interesting the NIPT didn't work for your DD. Did they try to do it too early maybe?

@nursenicolee How was your appt today? I hope it went well!

@catpants I can relate the moody. Sometimes I find myself reacting with unexpected rage, lol.

@amdogger82 I'm so sorry you're feeling that way about work. Are you newer at this particular job? I can definitely understand the impostor syndrome feeling. I would guess you are being harder on yourself than others would be. Pregnant or not everyone goes through phases of just needing to survive at work.

@peachy0709 How was your appt? I hope it went well. I'm sorry you have so much ms!

@chillycanadian How are you doing today? Has the spotting let up? Good luck at your appt tomorrow. And yes, I have crazy pregnancy dreams. I talk in my sleep and when I'm pregnant I talk A LOT per DH. Last night I had a vivid dream where my sister was doing something upsetting and I ended up crying in a closet in the dream, and then I woke up actually crying and was super sad. I once dreamed there was a man with honey dripping from his hands who had broken into our room. DH often goes and sleeps in the other room because of my sleep talking - he says the rule is if I wake him four (!) times he leaves. I think it's cool to be team green! I think eventually the curiosity would get the best of me but if you want a surprise that's fun!

@brianalee2984 I think a small get together to find out the sex is nice.

@telda715 I'm sorry your ovaries are still inflamed. Did you do fresh transfer? I can't even imagine what that must be like. I felt like crap for weeks after my retrieval. On the OB - at my first u/s this week my RE told me she plans to release me after a good 8(ish)week u/s. I'm shopping for a new OB so I'm already calling as I'd like to go in for a 10(ish) week appt and talk about NIPT and any other testing. If you have an OB already you might call them and find out when they'd like to first see you. If you don't have one I'm finding the "best" OBs around me are already full for my EDD (eek) so you might want to start hunting, as scary as that seems.

@kminacap I'm also pretty bloated. It's a different kind of bloat, I find, than other types because I can hardly suck my gut back in.

@laurenmicheley I think that makes sense to not share that you've found out. I haven't fallen asleep in weird spots yet but it may be headed that direction soon.

ETA - Also meant to say hello, I haven't been ready to post in here but saw the HB yesterday. Hoping to get to know you ladies due towards the end of the month better. That feeling like you're behind everyone is tough sometimes!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/29 / 6w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Idk, I think my RE said a grain of rice yesterday

Upcoming Appointments: 1/14 for a second u/s

How are you feeling?: Tired. I don't know how I'll manage if I get more tired. I've had some fleeting nausea, mostly at night. One night I was sure I would throw up and went into the bathroom and dry heaved but then didn't actually vomit. I would be fine with not having full blown ms… I have crazy pregnancy dreams.

Rants/Raves: The bloat is causing my clothes to fit a little tighter than expected already. I got on the scale and I'm not really up any weight (maybe a pound) from before I was ku but I started out with a bit of extra fluff after going through IVF and the holidays.

Questions: For those of you who are dealing with bad ms already, what are your top pro tips? I've never had it before but given I've had glimpses already I'm thinking it may happen this time.

GTKY: Will you find out the baby’s sex? If so, when? We are team finding out but when is undecided. We did IVF with PGS and asked not to find out the sex of any of our five normal embryos so we don't know what we transferred. I could call my clinic right now and get an answer and yet I just don't seem to want to know yet (which is very unlike me, I usually want to know all the things). One of the nurses proposed that we could have them write it down after our 8w u/s and then just hold on to it until we're ready, which probably is what we'll do.

• @zamora_spin I wouldn’t consider my ms to be horrible, just a lot of nausea, but the one thing that’s been helping me is eating something substantial later in the evening (like 2hrs before bed). Then I’m not as nauseous in the morning and have a chance of getting some food in me before it gets really bad. 

As for my failed NIPT, if shouldn’t have been too early. They were both done after 10 weeks. Just a weird fluke, apparently!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Moving over here from the Group 3 check-in - our US last week moved our EDD to 8/29. I'm going to do my best to catch up on this week and come back for tags. 

Glad (and relieved!) to see so many others doing early testing, as well! We mentioned this to my mother and MIL and they both went into ultra-judgy mode. 

August 29 / 6w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Honeybee. So cute. 

Upcoming Appointments: Not until our second confirmation scan with our RE at 9w0d on Jan. 24.

How are you feeling?: Very blah. So tired, nauseated and bloated. Not feeling too emotional though. 

Rants/Raves: I've made/ordered food so many times in the past two weeks and then when it arrives or is ready, can't eat it! 

Questions: Any crazy cures for morning sickness you ladies haven't seen in the noms thread already?

GTKY: Will you find out the baby’s sex? If so, when? We'll do NIPT testing (honestly just doing this for the gender because it's covered!), so around 10-11 weeks! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    8/27 so 7w and 1d

Blueberry 

Upcoming Appointments:
    Next Wed then hopefully scheduling a dating ultrasound so I have a more confirmed due date

How are you feeling?: 
    Sick. This is by far my worst first trimester. Dizzy too which is weird for me and throws me off more than feeling nauseous.

Rants/Raves: 
    I’m over feeling useless. 

Questions: 

Yep, I like to find out and it helps me connect to the little one more. We find out around 16w through an elective ultrasound company. We’ve done it the last three pregnancies and they’ve been right so far! Plus they also offer a stuffed animal that carries a recording of the baby’s heartbeat. It’s fun to have that keepsake. All three of my boys enjoy pressing their stuffed animal and hearing their heartbeat 💗 
  • @chillycanadian your abs hurting could definitely be pregnancy related lol. I always get what’s called round ligament pain pretty early on too. Sometimes it’s only if I twist a certain way and sometimes it’s just a constant ache like I’ve been hard core working out! I’m also right with you with pregnancy dreams. I have to be careful what I watch or read before I fall asleep because I will have dreams about it.
  • @oklahomak, my mom was also like I didn’t do any testing. Ok mom. That was in the 90s. 

@zamora_spin, I finally felt like a human again today. I’ve been able to eat dinner the past 3 days and I had 2 slices of toast this AM. It felt so nice. I got out and socialized with the rest of my class and it was great. 

• Had my US today and it didn't go great
    *****TW*****
    They found an underdeveloped fetal pole and no heartbeat.  I was told they would expect me to be further along at 7 weeks but they aren't counting me out yet.  We know the conception date because of the IUI so my dates should be accurate.  I have another US in a week and we will go from there.  I'm trying to stay optimistic but it's not easy.  So I apologize in advance if I'm not very active this next week.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @celticknotfire I'm sorry about your US results. I'm so hopeful that it's a freak thing and your little bean is just a little slow growing. Fingers crossed and sending good vibes. 
  • @celticknotfire I’m so sorry that your US didn’t go well. I sincerely hope you get good news next week. *virtual hugs*
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @celticknotfire Oh how scary ❤️ Crossing all the things for you and your little bean that it catches back up by next week.
  • @celticknotfire, I’m sorry that the U/S did not go well. I hope the next one brings good news. My thoughts are with you. This cannot be easy to wait and see. 

• @celticknotfire I'm sorry about the scary US results! I have my fingers crossed for you to get good news at the follow-up! I am sending all the positive vibes your way!!
  • @celticknotfire I'm so sorry about your US results. I am thinking of you and I hope that you get better news next week.
  • @celticknotfire I'm so sorry for the scary news at the u/s. I'll keep hoping for you that next week is a different story. 
  • peachy0709peachy0709 member
    edited January 2019
    @celticknotfire - I'm thinking of you

BabyFruit Ticker