Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester Checkin w/o Jan 7th

bkatpbkatp member
edited January 2019 in Pregnant after IF
  • How far along?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: what resolutions have you made for this year ?
  • Feel free to share a HDBD or nursery progress pic if you've started 

Mommies to be  

@madasm0530 4/20 BOY! 

@bpietronicco 5/15 BOY! 

@mrsyng 5/29 BOY!

@bkatp 5/31 BOY!

@northbeach3 6/5 GIRL! 

@Momifbysea 6/9

Griffin5413 6/21   GIRL!

@Bababatty 6/21

autumnlvs  6/29   GIRL!

Let me know if I can add any updates to the list, and include your EDD if it's your first time posting here!  

Re: 2nd Trimester Checkin w/o Jan 7th

• How far along? 19 + 3 
    • How are you feeling this week? Little cranky. I have been good so far without harmones effecting. I am not sure now if it is harmones or just today. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I started feeling the kicks of the baby. It feels good everytime he kicks. Can’t wait to see the baby 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan this Wednesday 
    • GTKY: what resolutions have you made for this year ? To meditate more 
    • Feel free to share a HDBD or nursery progress pic if you've started. We have not started yet and not planning to start until last month 
  • Hi all! I took a Bump hiatus for the holidays and missed my transition week to Second Tri.
    • How far along? 16+3 (EDD 6/21)
    • How are you feeling this week? So hungry all the time. On my BMB I literally posted that I brought healthy snacks so I would not be to get animal crackers from the vending machine. And yet, I have just devoured said crackers. I’m operating under the assumption that it’s better for baby that I not be ravenous, and if I’ve eaten my weight in carrots, protein, and other supposedly filling healthy foods, and I’m still hungry, then eating some less than healthy things are fine.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? The subway was crowded this morning and I started getting very hot and sweaty and weak. Luckily a quick jump onto a cool platform and a seat for my last stop staved off any issues. RAVE: I did prenatal yoga for the first time yesterday and it was amazing! I don’t usually say things like this, but it made me feel more in tune with baby and my body. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Endocrinologist today to review my TSH levels (which look to have gone down to normal levels now, yay!); 16-week AS is next Thursday (so 17 weeks, really)
    • GTKY: what resolutions have you made for this year ? Trying to eat healthier
    • Feel free to share a HDBD or nursery progress pic if you've started. We want to maybe buy an apartment so I’m not making any progress on a nursery until we sort ourselves out.

@bkatp Do you use any apps for meditation? I’m really curious how one gets started, but everyone seems to be raving about meditating.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi Ladies! 
    @Bababatty - we built a house while I was pregnant with my son. It was supposed to be done 2 months before he was due and they were late. I went into labor the day we were supposed to sign closing papers. It was one of the most stressful times in my life! I hope you guy find something with plenty of time to spare :smile:

@bkatp - I feel like I've been more cranky this entire pregnancy! lol. I'm thinking its all of the hormones. 

• How far along? 16w3d 
    • How are you feeling this week? I tried a day of not taking my nausea meds on Sat and of course felt nauseous last night. I'll try again in a few days. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I feel like I'm less connected this pregnancy. Maybe b/c it's my 2nd and I'm busy chasing a toddler around but sometimes I feel a little guilty about it. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? - not till next Monday
    • GTKY: what resolutions have you made for this year ? I'm not big on the whole resolution thing. I just want to make good choices where my health is concerned. 
    • Feel free to share a HDBD or nursery progress pic if you've started.. this is the first bump pic i've taken this pregnancy. Last time I think I took one every week. lol
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Bababatty welcome to the group. I am just a starter in meditation space. I wasn’t a believer of it. My husband has been pushing me since long to start on it. He uses headspace app, he recommends me the same. I shall try that app and see 
  • @Griffin5413 nice bump pic. I haven’t started taking mine. I’ll try to take one today at work

you probably are doing best with the time you have so don’t be guilty about it. 
  • *lurking* @Bababatty I went thru the same stage when I was around the same week as you are. I couldn't get enough to eat! Then after a week or so it finally leveled out. I liked to think it was just baby having a growth spurt :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• BababattyBababatty member
    edited January 2019
    @Griffin5413 I love your bump! And OMG to your house story—I’d think the stress of that alone would have been enough to send you into labor, lol! And I know I’m not a STM, but don’t beat yourself up. From everything I’ve heard, that sounds like a pretty normal sentiment for a sibling. My endo’s wife is also pregnant, and he remarked that with his first they could have told you how far along she was down to the day, but now he sort of struggled with the week. You’ve got a lot going on as a toddler mom now, and moms have enough guilt and self-doubt.

@bkatp Thanks for the tip! I’ll definitely check it out.

@kristimh80 I LOVE that! That’s exactly how I’m going to think it of—baby is having a growth spurt, so I helped it along by giving it pizza tonight. ;-)
  • @Bababatty I always reminded myself that in 2nd tri you gained like a pound a week...if you need more justification lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• northbeach3northbeach3 member
    edited January 2019
    welcome to 2nd tri @bababatty! i feel like my ravenous hunger comes and goes -- some days, i can get away with fewer meals/snacks, and others... i'm already on third breakfast by 10:30 am!  

@bkatp i'm jealous of your kicks! when did you start noticing them? i forget, is this your first or have you been pregnant before? sometimes i think i'm feeling something, but then i just attribute it to gas or something. since i'm a FTM, i have no idea what to expect and i'm really unobservant and likely to second-guess or misattribute what may be a kick to something else.  

@Griffin5413 ahh, so jealous of your cute bump. i'm almost 19w and still no noticeable bump. my MIL keeps asking me to send her pics and there's nothing to see... so it's starting to stress me out. 
    • How far along? 18+5, June 5
    • How are you feeling this week? mostly okay... still getting over jet lag, so going to bed super early and waking up early... anxious about work; new semester.
    • Rants/Raves?  rant: gained 3-4 pounds in 2 weeks (while on vacation)! obviously, wasn't able to eat healthy, especially in the UK where it was mostly pub-type food. felt like i'd been doing well with weight gain, but now i feel like my "healthy" weight gain has been derailed... and to not even have a bump to show for it. :(
    • Questions? honestly, also feeling anxiety about baby (again). without a bump and unsure about kicks, my brain wanders to irrational thoughts about the baby's growth/HB stopping. since nausea has more or less subsided, i have less "cues" and sometimes it doesn't feel like i'm pregnant. @kristimh80 didn't you say there was a point where you'd "forget you were pregnant"? i'm trying to remind myself that we had good results from the NIPT test so it'd be less likely to be something chromosomal. only one more week til anatomy scan... which is my new benchmark before announcing to friends/family/coworkers.
    • Any upcoming appointments? anatomy scan next Tuesday, OB next Wednesday
    • GTKY: what resolutions have you made for this year?  mostly work related -- set better boundaries, stick to them, and set an alarm for the end of the day so i can start wrapping up and leave by 5:00 pm. (i have a terrible habit of texting my DH that "i'm leaving" and then sitting at my desk and doing more work for 30-45 minutes).
    • Feel free to share a HDBD or nursery progress pic if you've started -- no bump yet, no nursery until much later

me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• @northbeach3 Yes, for awhile esp before I was showing too much I'd forgot I was preggo unless I caught a glimpse in the mirror. Now, I don't forgot b/c breathing and doing regular things aren't as easy, so enjoy it while it lasts :) You'll feel so much better after your anatomy scan, I think that's where it felt "real" because if they do a 2D / 3D scan, it looks like a real baby. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @northbeach3 Hi friend! Yeah, it’s amazing, I feel less hungry today but yesterday I was completely famished. So weird how this works! I also agree that you’ll probably feel better after the AS. I commiserate on the gettjng nervous, especially when a lot of your symptoms have abated. I don’t know about you, but I always feel better after an u/s. And the AS will be a nice long u/s.
  • @northbeach3
    I also had moments during the 2nd tri where I forgot I was pregnant for a bit -- freaked me out to no end! You will feel better after the AS, I think. Would getting a doppler help with your anxieties before you start feeling movement? I relied on that alot during my 2nd tri to keep my anxiety down; any time I was having some negative thoughts I could check in on baby. But if you think you'll just get more anxious with it, I wouldn't get it. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @northbeach3 - I think it's totally normal to feel that anxiety between big appointments. Especially since we are in that limbo stage where we don't necessarily have all of the morning sickness and other symptoms and don't look totally pregnant and dont feel movement yet. I freak myself out all of the time! The AS is awesome b/c they show you all of the amazing little details like fingers and toes. 

thanks for the encouragement ladies! I am trying not to beat myself up about it b/c that's just the reality of life these days. lol. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • thanks ladies for all the words of encouragement! it really feels like the calm before the storm.  i'm not getting up as much to pee in the middle of the night and while i do still get hungry if i'm not monitoring my frequency of eating, it feels weird with so few cues. i know i should be relishing in it, but you know, IF brain! :(

@mbradfo2 while the doppler would certainly help in the moment, i could also see it making my spiral out if i were unable to find the HB. the one time my OB was doing the doppler, I was basically holding my breath until he found the HB.  both DH and i have generalized anxiety and he definitely makes himself anxious monitoring his heart rate with irrational frequency. i could see myself falling down that hole... so no home doppler, at least at the moment. i agree that i just need to get through the AS (or at least that's what i'm telling myself).  what week are you considered viable? IF brain is constantly moving the benchmarks!

in other news, i've heard from friends that a few acquaintances are pregnant. (i quit facebook earlier this year, so I'm missing all the announcements -haha). i think they both have EDD after me, so it feels weird to not have announced yet but my anxiety keeps me from pulling the trigger. in due time, i guess!
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• 24 weeks is generally the marker for viability so just after your a/s.  You’ll likely feel movement by then anyway z😛
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• bkatpbkatp member
    edited January 2019
    @northbeach3 I felt first kick last Friday for the first time while I was running around to be on time at work. I didn’t not understand what it was when it happened, but repeated instances of same feeling near pelvic area or lower abdomen and knowledge gained from this community made me understand they are kicks. I am FTM so I wasn’t sure either what to look for. I do feel anxious most of the times but I have Doppler at home and I am restricting use of it to once a week. 

Yesterday out of excitement for something at work I jumped around couple of times. Since then I am worried I would have hurt the baby, I have my AS tomorrow so it will help me reduce the anxiety if it goes well. Fingers crossed for tomorrow 
  • kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited January 2019
    @northbeach3 In 2nd tri, I didn't have to pee quite as much, but as soon as 3rd tri hit...it all came back with a vengeance! So enjoy 2nd tri bliss!! Don't worry about not announcing yet. We were late doing it too and I was happy waiting. After our last AS I felt a lot more comfortable. Do whatever feel best for you :) About viability, I wanna say it's somewhere around the 24th week mark. There are some charts online with %'s etc about it all. Honestly, I tried to avoid thinking about all of that. Just enjoy being preggo :smiley:
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Hey Strangers! I took a massive bump break and was mostly work related. I'm so busy in Q4 and am now just able to take a breather. So, I'm back.. :)
    • How far along? 25 weeks - due 4/20. When does the 3rd tri start anyways? I'm assuming 26 weeks so this will be one of my only 2nd tri posts!
    • How are you feeling this week? feeling good. food still continues to be the real sore spot of this pregnancy. breakfast - I can eat anything, lunch - a little more picky, and by the time dinner rolls around nothing sounds good. I'm trying to eat what and when my body tells me but sometimes I have to force down some toast and PB to get some sort of nutrition. Anyone else? I thought this would let up in the 2nd tri, but clearly not.
    • Rants/Raves? see above. rave: I love feeling him kick. I feel like he has just enough room right now to really get some good ones in. take it all in!
    • Questions? none right now!
    • Any upcoming appointments? GD next week!
    • GTKY: what resolutions have you made for this year?  I am not really a resolution person. One thing I am really going to strive for is giving myself more grace. I'm incredibly hard on myself and I feel like jumping into this motherhood thing is going to require more grace than ever!
    • Feel free to share a HDBD or nursery progress pic if you've started -- I don't have a current bump pic and we just started on the nursery. more to come there!

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• As a FTM, the first movements didn't really feel like anything in particular -- I remember telling my mom that I just felt 'funny' - like there was a strange feeling in my belly. I was actually using the doppler when I got my first real kick -- she kicked at the doppler probe! Movement felt alot like muscle twitches at first, imo. I felt my first movements around 19/20 weeks -- but she was a bit on the bigger side and measuring ahead so I don't know if that helped. The thing you really notice is when they get hiccups!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @madasm0530 I'm the same, by dinner time, I'm not hungry so end up just snacking or become miserable by making myself eat. 3rd trimester begins at 28 weeks. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @northbeach3 IF brain is so hard to get over! I don’t fault you for waiting. We announced at 14 weeks, because we felt very confident after our NT. But as soon as we announced I got so worried, like what if something happens and then we have to tell EVERYONE?! If you don’t end up announcing until you have a baby in your arms, then so be it. Except for work, definitely tell your employer, lol. 

And totally agree on the Doppler—if you’re already anxious, it’s better to avoid bringing in something that could make you more anxious. 

@bkatp If it makes you feel better, my pregnancy exercise book calls for “preggo jacks,” which are a lighter form of jumping jacks. They still make me nervous to do, but I’m guessing that maybe the kind of jumping you did is just fine. Perhaps like a baby roller coaster?

@madasm0530 Hi and welcome back! I’m sorry the food aversions are still strong with you. I’m sure as long as you’re managjng to eat something, it’s ok. Has your OB given you any tips that might help? Could the meds they prescribe for morning sickness do anything—I’m assuming it’s aversions/nausea you’re dealing with?

Does anyone else get super nervous about messing up your kid as a parent? My parents were great, but I’ve got a bad habit of reading “Dear Prudence” on Slate and almost all of the letters seem to be some form of “my parents were horrible,” “I can’t stand my mom,” etc. It really stresses me out because I think of how much we went through to conceive and how much we want this baby, and what if when it grows up, it determines we basically suck and doesn’t want anything to do with us? I think it’s ckmpounded because I don’t feel like a really maternal person. I’m horribly awkward around kids after age 2. I’m lucky we both have good parenting role models, so I’m sure I’m stressing out about nothing. And obviously I wouldn’t be awkward around my own child, I’m sure.
  • @Bababatty thanks for the assurance. I have feeling some pains in lower abdomen which might normal but making me overthink about yesterday. Another 24 hours to relieve some anxiety. 

I do feel I won’t be a good mother and they will eventually hate me. But for now I am putting all those fears away and trying to take this pregnancy day by day. I am also planning to announce to my cousins tomorrow after anatomy scan. 
  • @Bababatty I think about this ALL.THE.TIME. You are definitely not alone. 

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• All children go through a period of hating/disliking/being annoyed by their parents (usually limited to the teen years!). My mom told me a few years back that she was sure she made tons of mistakes with the two of us, but she was trying her best. I was floored --- I think of her as pretty much the perfect mother. I'm sure our kids will be the same way -- we're sure we are screwing them up and they couldn't imagine us any differently :smile:

I mean, I think I'm an awful mother some days and Anne is still incredibly happy and doing well, so I must be doing something right!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• Wow, I missed so much in one day! Hello ladies :smile:
    bkatp so exciting you can feel kicks!!  <3<3<3  I think I feel "flutters" now and then but nothing concrete yet
    @Bababatty hello! it always boggles my mind that people don't give up their seats for pregnant/elderly folk on the subway. Where did you do prenatal yoga? I use Headspace for meditation - it has pregnancy specific guided meditation which is awesome! LMK if you want a code. At my acupuncturist, they use a CD version but it's really expensive - I can find out the name if you are interested.
    @Griffin5413 your house story sounds so stressful! We are building, too, and they were supposed to be done in May 2018 but it's still dragging on - hoping all the fumes settle in time for us to move before delivery. What a cute bump!!!
    • How far along? 15w3d
    • How are you feeling this week? so tired. I'm trying really hard to stay motivated to do things but all I want to do is sleep. DH is out of town and pup is misbehaving so have been waking up with migraines almost every day which is miserable. Checking anything off my to-do list is such a feeling of accomplishment.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Back has been hurting a lot, not sure if it's from starting to swim again or from the weight gain (which has actually not been that much so not sure I can blame it on that). Any suggestions?
    • Any upcoming appointments? 1/23 I'm a little off cycle for my OB so I think this one is the AFP
    • GTKY: what resolutions have you made for this year ? Cook more, eat out less, be more active, walk the dog more regularly :smile:
    • Feel free to share a HDBD or nursery progress pic if you've started waiting on our move but we picked a light green with plans for a safari theme. any must-buy items on anyone's lists?
    • How far along? 21+6
    • How are you feeling this week? Had a massive migraine for 2 straight days but seems to be gone now! Was super nervous because the last time I had this headache I Bled after at 14 weeks.  Glad it was a coincidence and not a sign.  Been feeling all kinds of movement today which has my IF/Loss brain feeling better 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?
    • Any upcoming appointments?  Have a repeat level II u/s on the 30th to get better pictures of heart and OB appt 29th with GD test. 
    • GTKY: what resolutions have you made for this year ?  Just to get ready for this baby and try to declutter the house as much as I can with the lifting restrictions. 
    • Feel free to share a HDBD or nursery progress pic if you've started 
    • For the nursery we already have the room a green color and we are looking at dinosaurs. 
    @northbeach3 I am just now starting to get a real bump but I still have somewhat of a B shaped one- if you didn’t know I was pregnant you wouldn’t really be able to tell.  I have also not announced on Facebook but feeling a bit more at ease so may in the next few weeks. 
  • @Bababatty - I think all of those fears will go away as soon as you hold that baby in your arms. The lengths that we have gone through to get pregnant pretty much prove how much you are going to love that little one. Sure we all make mistakes but really there are days that I feel like a champ just for keeping my 2 year old alive. lol
    @bkatp - I hope your AS goes well today! Babies are nice and cozy in all of that fluid in the womb. We always assume they need peace and quiet and all of that fun stuff but when they are here, it's amazing how they can sleep through anything! In a few months he will probably be jumping right along with you in there. 
    @autumnlvs - the good thing about my house being crazy was that I nested at work b/c I couldn't do it at home so I was SOOO prepared when I ended up going out 3 weeks early. We didn't decorate my son's room until he was like 7 months old. He doesn't know and I'm pretty sure he didn't care as a newborn. lol.. Also, last pregnancy I used a support belt as I got bigger to help take the stress off of my lower back. 
    @bpietronicco - how has your blood pressure been throughout pregnancy? I know I get more headaches when my blood pressure is higher. I'm glad you are feeling better now with no bleeding!

so I didn't take my nausea meds on Monday night. I made myself carsick driving home yesterday... and it was a straight road! I thought I should be over this by now. lol. I'll try again every few days just so I can tell my ob that i'm really trying. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @northbeach3 I’ve been in that same boat of almost not believing I’m really pregnant or doubting everything is okay in there. So you are not alone in that anxiety of growth or hb suddenly stopping! Glad our anatomy scans are coming up! I was feeling kicks but now am not which is stressful.

@bkatp I forgot in my first post last week to give my actual due date, sorry, it’s 6/9. Wishing you a relieving scan!!!
    • How far along? 18w,3d
    • How are you feeling this week? Nausea, moreso in evening, major heartburn, nasal congestion, anxiety and doubt this is really happening or that IVF worked
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Anyone else feel some flutters and then nothing for days?
    • Any upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan at 20 weeks.
    • GTKY: what resolutions have you made for this year ? Honestly, just focused on a healthy pregnancy and baby and for the placenta previa to resolve but these are wishes more than resolutions...
    • Feel free to share a HDBD or nursery progress pic if you've started - not sure when this will happen. I have to get over the sick/run over by a truck tiredness first!
  • @Griffin5413 @Momifbysea thank you for the wishes. 

@Momifbysea are you using a Doppler ? To ease ur anxiety? May be the baby is kicking when are busy to notice the flutters ? 
  • MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited January 2019
    @Bababatty I started meditating to deal with anxiety during all my retrieval’s and then transfers. Someone on here recommended the app Insight Timer and I really like it! It’s free too.

@bkatp I’m not using a Doppler, main reason due to this IF making finances tight so trying to just wait til a little longer when I start feeling it more regularly. This has been quite an exercise in trust and patience!
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited January 2019
    @Momifbysea I got my Doppler for 20$ on eBay used one but works fine. But now that u have waiting this long u can wait few more weeks to feel the baby regularly.

AFM,
    My appointment went OK. I didn’t like the MFM center they recommended, they started scaring me from the beginning. Nurse asked me if I am leaking amniotic fluid. When I said I am not sure but I feel more wet but maybe not amniotic fluid. She started scaring me. Even the doctor started scaring me saying since I had 3-4 miscarriages I am still on higher risk for miscarriage. All I wanted was comfort at Anatomy scan.

All in all baby looked fine no issues with organs or anything. They found a calcium deposit in heart but they said it is very common and goes away by 12-18 months. Since my NIPT results were negative they said there is nothing to worry. 

They also started worrying me on preterm labor. They did a scan for cervix length and originally it was 5 cm when they applied pressure it opened up a funnel and reduced to 4cm which is still very good for a full term labor. The fact that it opened up when pressure is applied is what made him concerned and called me for another appointment next Wednesday to check cervical length again. He currently put me on pelvic test and  If it reduces then I have to be in bed rest and or or they will use stitches. He mentioned his goal is to keep the baby in for 34 weeks and then mentioned that most probably for 85% I’ll go full term.

I was so looking forward to share the news with family today after scan but now I don’t feel I am ready. Anyway we will see how it goes. I want to hit 24 week mark where baby is viable even if he comes out early. My doctor also told me that there are ways to keep the baby inside for 34 weeks if my BP is under control which it is as of now. 

Sorry for for the long post 
  • ack, @bkatp... that does not sound reassuring at all! i didn't know they measure the cervical length... how does it indicate if you're a candidate for pre-term labor or not? i didn't even know these would be possible outcomes of AS... so now you've got me worried, lol.  not your fault, i much rather go in knowing what possible outcomes might be.  also, how can they tell if amniotic fluid is leaking?  so much stuff going on at your scan!!

in any event, the little babe looks so cute! i forgot to ask, since you're a FTM, what's your bump situation like? i'm just getting ansy, but i like to know where the other ladies are at! :)

sorry for the continued nausea @Momifbysea and @Griffin5413!  that really sucks. hoping you can find ways to relieve it. i find myself constantly eating now. -_-  What's everyone's weight gain looked like? I'm convinced i went through a growth spurt while on vacation... lol, maybe wishful thinking. ;)

speaking of growth, my pants are definitely tighter.  which maternity brands do you recommend for work slacks? my semester is starting up after MLK day and i need to get some professional maternity clothes. one student wrote on my eval last semester that i dressed "like a teenager".   :(

• @northbeach3 my amniotic fluid wasn’t leaking as there was plenty that they found in ultrasound. They confirmed that, but they were scaring me for everything from beginning. I didn’t know so much goes on at AS either but I had level 2 anatomy scan, I am not sure if that was the reason for so many details. The cervical length measurement was a transvaginal scan they said they offer it at MFM for all their patients but it is optional. I said ok not knowing I’ll be knowing so much. cervical length measurement at 20-24 weeks will be an indicator of pre term labor according to google as well. 

My bump is visible but for for someone who don’t know me won’t be able to say for sure if I am pregnant or not. I gained 10lbs as of today which is around 20 weeks 
  • @bkatp Such a cute little one!! So sorry they scared you like that! Makes me sad for you because that has been my favorite appointment. I'm sure in their eyes, they are thinking they are letting you know things ahead of time "just in case" but it's still bad beside manner to frighten you. I went thru / still go thru days where things seem more wet also. I one time wondered but no one else seemed concerned and baby is still kicking around fine. I'd mainly be concerned closer to the end. If fluid is too low, then baby can't turn. My boss had it happen to her, right at the end of pregnancy and ended up doing a c-section a week later since baby was breech and they couldn't turn him. Some times I think the MFM dr's are a lot more cautious. I had to go back for a 2nd AS too due to them not getting everything little detail they wanted. Sounds like your little one is getting along pretty good, so try not to stress too much :) 

@northbeach3 Not sure about buying "work slacks," but I buy all my maternity stuff form Pink Blush. Mainly because it's all wearable after pregnancy and doesn't look "frumpy."  Motherhood may some some slacks, but I haven't had much luck there...least in my store here everything looks so blah. My girlfriend has had great luck at A Pea in the Pod. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @northbeach3
    I would go with Pea in a Pod or Motherhood Maternity -- they have some nice professional things for work. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @bkatp sorry they scared you at your appt! I’m similar to you in wanting to wait to announce to anyone but family after 24-week viability.

At my 16-week sono the ob mentioned my cervical length and it was 3-something. Her goal is to get me to 36 weeks and then c-section since they can’t risk me going into labor due to the placenta previa. I’ve been on pelvic rest since transfer, which sucks! Poor DH too...this is so different than with DD- she went 8 days past due date, normal vaginal delivery. Oh well, trying to go with the flow!
  • @bkatp - first what a great picture in your ultrasound! second, I'm so sorry they had such terrible bedside manner. I don't care how many times they do scans a day and how cautious they are being, sometimes people need to learn how to be a little sensitive in how they deliver news or concerns! I'm glad that everything with the baby looks good! that means your body is doing it's part to take care of that little nugget! Here's hoping that your follow up will be reassuring! I would maybe mention something to your ob about your experience. I know my ob's office has a few different places that they recommend. 

@northbeach3 - i have probably 5 pair of work slacks from destination maternity (which i think is just a joint of motherhood and pea in a pod) They carry a variety of sizes but sometimes you have better luck online with them. I find that depending on which store I've gone to, makes a difference in the sizes they carry. 

Momifbysea - I ended up with a c-section after 24 hours of labor with my son and my ob said she would schedule for this one but not before 39 weeks. My son was born at 37 weeks exactly. So my plan this time (if all goes well) will be for the csection unless I go into natural labor before. I wonder if they will measure my cervical length at my AS and if that will make a difference. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • thanks ladies for the shopping tips. i'd actually gone to the mall with my non-PG friend to help her find work clothes and was lamenting that i couldn't really participate and needed maternity slacks. when we walked into the main mall, i saw a motherhood maternity and went in and picked up a couple of pairs. 

(i'm normally an online shopper, but we're back on campus next week so i needed to get a move on).  just went to their website and they've got a lot of stuff on clearance (+ an additional 30% off clearance prices)... so stocked up on dresses that i could pass for work as well.  sadly, none of the slacks were on sale... so full price. :\  check it out if you're in the market!

• Thank you for the support. It was just disappointing feeling that I went through after visit. I saw the reviews for the doctor I met at MFM and they were not good at all. I’ll try to change the doctor for my next visit.