June 2019 Moms

Weekend randoms 1/5-1/6

whats going on this weekend?

Re: Weekend randoms 1/5-1/6

• Today I went maternity dress shopping with my mum and tried on literally every single dress in the shop (at least 40) and left with 2, only one of which I love. I’m hoping the other will look better when I’m a bit more bumpy and less pudgey. Tonight I took my partner to watch his first ever live sports game! It was a pretty terrible game to see but he’s never watched cricket before so it was all exciting for him. Haha. Tomorrow we’re having lunch with my partner’s brother, my parents and my cousin which I’m really looking forward to! Then tomorrow night my partner flies out for 4 weeks for work 😞
  • @wiseh first ever live sports game if ANY kind?? That’s amazing! Where do you live again that you have cricket?
  • Loading the player...
  • @wiseh first ever live sports game if ANY kind?? That’s amazing! Where do you live again that you have cricket?
  • Nesting is in full swing. Lol I cleaned under my bathroom sink. We went to Target and got storage solutions and everything is in a plastic container. I got rid of all the expired meds. I can tell the last time I did it was when I was pregnant with DS because things that expired back in 2017 were still in there.

This is the best part of pregnancy, because I go room by room purging stuff.
  • @amaren-2 I have started as well, although not doing much this weekend. It’s so overwhelming but I know it’ll be better when I’m done. Also, YGPM 
  • Of ANY sporting game at a professional level, @ShadeofGreen816!! I didn’t even know until after the game ended. I thought he’d just never been to a cricket game, not that he’d never seen any live sport ever! The only other sport he’s seen was when he came to watch me play mixed netball in a social comp so not an amazing introduction to sport 😂 I live in Australia and we went to a T20 game (each team has 20 overs).
  • @wiseh that's so fun you guys went to a cricket match. I have never been to one, but I have played it before. I really had no idea what i was doing in any way and I barely remember anything I learn while playing. 

I am determined to get our basement fully organized and cleaned today. We have two big rooms in our basement. One we use as a storage room and our dog's kennel room. The other room, which is much larger is our "pain cave." Ha, we don't really refer to it that way... but it's where we keep all of our exercise equipment. My husband used to be a gymnast, so we have some rather large aparatuses, plus two bikes + trainers, an elliptical and free weights. I'm hoping we can hang up some of our sports decor so that it doesn't have to sit in boxes anymore. Then there is a bunch of crap we need to donate/throw out. All this so that we can move some of our office stuff down into the basement, so the office can be used for the nursery. Phew, so much work. I've already decided we are going to eat pizza tonight, so that will be my reward for getting a good chunk of it done.

And I need to clean because the MSU vs Ohio State bball game is making me way too nervous....  :#
  • That’s so cool that you’ve played cricket @chrssyms! I was never very good at playing but love to watch all cricket. My favourite to watch on TV is a T20 but to go live is a one day international game.

Plus 3 to the nesting @amaren-2 and @nmbrcrnchr1, though having a 2kg weight restriction is making it somewhat difficult. My parents are visiting at the moment so I’m hoping my mum can help me go through a lot of my stuff and do a tip run before they go home. We’re moving and need to purge down to whatever can fit in 2 cars and a furniture trailer! We currently have a 3 bed, 2 lounge house! It’s gonna be tough but I’m so excited for it! 
  • @amaren-2 @nmbrcrnchr1 I’ve also started the cleaning/purging process this weekend. We are hoping to sell our townhome so we’ve been trying to throw stuff away or pack it up and put it in storage for now. I also had to go digging through our old stuff for my maternity clothes!
  • @amaren-2 - Right there with you. DH is gone this weekend on a work trip so it was no-holds-barred (he's the hoarder). The 2nd tri energy burst I've been having is so welcome after my 1st tri. 
  • Add me to the ready for purging party! This needs to be done in every single room of my house. I have no idea where half of this crap even came from.
  • Jumping on the organizing train! DH just left for a week and I’m determined to get our apartment back under control while he’s gone.

@wiseh OMG how are you going to manage that condensing?? Are you getting rid of a lot of furniture?
  • Jumping on the decluttering train. We have just moved, which helped some, but I have to do much more!

We were puttering around the house and the neighborhood and driving to see some friends tomorrow. I also have to get ready to return to work after two full weeks away. It was an amazing break and I really don't want to go back. :D 
  • I woke up in the same mood but with DH and the girls it's impossible....we did manage to organize part or the garage but because it was something Dh wanted to do 
  • @Bababatty The only furniture we’re taking is our mattress, a couch, TV, entertainment unit, washing machine, drier, fridge and the dining table (without chairs I think). Everything else is either being sold, given away or taken to the tip. I’ve got buyers lined up for most of our large items already. We’re moving in with my parents for as long as we can stand living with them so won’t need any of it except the mattress. I’m looking forward to starting again because I’ve accumulated sooooo much stuff over the years, it’s ridiculous! Where does it even come from?? 

Also trying to get into the work mode @marijaa333! I’ve not been doing my actual role since the start of November and haven’t been at work since start of December. Kind of looking forward to but dreading to go back at the same time. 
  • @vv826 I LOVE when DH gets in the de-cluttering mode (doesn't happen often) so I always make sure to take full advantage. Also, YGPM.
  • Purging party here too! Ran out of steam fast, hope tomorrow brings more energy. Not sure nesting of overall freaking out how to add a baby to our two bedroom. I'm really considering hiring a person to tell me how to organize and what to buy.
  • @wiseh That actually sounds really nice in terms of starting over with new furniture eventually! Purging is really cathartic. We got rid of a lot last year in the Great Bed Bug Purge of 2017, it feels so nice to be more pared down. Really, how on earth DO we accumulate so much??

@marijaa333 It’s so hard getting back into work after a nice long vacation!

@jhems776 You should apply for that Konmari show I’ve been binge watching on Netflix! And totally agree—it would be super if someone could just tell me what to buy and what brands, lol.
  • I used to run an Airbnb so I literally have 4 moving boxes of linen! Most of it is really good quality too, so hoping I can sell some of it. It does seem like such a waste but we definitely do not need that much linen 😂 come to think of it I have mostly double of everything from my Airbnb days. My move to where I am right now was super quick and I didn’t have time to get rid of everything so it was ALL moved with me. Ahhh just talking about it is getting me excited! 
  • DH and I are watching the World Juniors (heyyyy @canuckbaby!) and napping on and off. It’s cold in CA right now so we’re officially snuggled in and hunkered down 
  • You guys are making me want to purge!! My life is so cluttered! It’s hard bc I’m kind of cheap and I badly want to get money for my things. But then that’s hard. So I end up doing nothing. 
    Today was good. Went to my parents, watched football - Go colts! :) and DD stayed at my parents. So H and I have the house to ourselves! And no monitor in my ear all night. 
  • I wish I was as motivated to purge/organize as you gals! Right now I'm just still working on getting the house undecorated from Christmas (usually do it the first road game after Christmas but I was on that one sooooo this weekend it is). Had to stop earlier to go to my niece's 5th birthday party an hour away, and just got home again. Hoping to have the tree/ornaments down tonight and do the rest tomorrow... Also I'm married to a straight-up hoarder so the thought of purging things makes me super tense because I don't know what all actually had sentimental meaning and what has just accumulated.
  • We also moved recently and didn't have time to purge before the move so it all came with us. I'm trying to purge now, but it's a challenge. I accumulate so much stuff because my mom accumulated it because she likes to go shopping. Then, when she purges, she brings it to my house because she thinks I could use it. And 6 grandparents for DS means so.much.stuff. because he's spoiled by them all. I really appreciated one set putting money into his college fund this year for Christmas just so he didn't have more things.
  • @marijaa333 I’m also going back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off. I feel very unprepared, and just found out I may be getting a student teacher starting this week! I have a lot of work to do!

I am glad I got some cleaning done yesterday. Today I just plan on relaxing, watching football, and enjoying my last day off!
  • @ki1244 Also still decorated from Christmas and also married to a hoarder. I try to do all of my purging when he's gone or busy doing something else. Also, YGPM.
  • Crawled into bed for a rest. My first thought was “dang I’ve gotten so lazy”

my second thought was “NO you haven’t!!!! You’re growing a human!”

I will enjoy my nap. 
  • @battleangel
    Snap. Napping is glorious. I feel like a toddler, I get cranky not long after midday if I havent had some down time.