March 2019 Moms
Options

Week 3 Check In 1/2/19

Happy New Year Ladies! The holidays have thrown us all off, hopefully next week is going to be more smooth!

This check in is for ladies with due dates 3/17-3/23. Let me know if this is your first check in and I will add you.

Due Date: 

Questions?: 

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What goody did you enjoy for NYE, if any? and to kick off those New Year Resolutions, what is your favorite go to healthy meal and/or snack? 

Re: Week 3 Check In 1/2/19

• Options
    Due Date: 3/17 

Questions?: none 

Rants/Raves?: Raving because i really enjoyed my NYE, it was very laid back, had some good food and literally laid in bed all day on NYD, binging on Netflix. We watched a show called "You" and i really loved it, so i was glad to see after finishing the series that its renewed for Season 2...also excited because its finally January so my show "the Magicians" will be back soon LOL. 

How are you feeling?: pretty good but starting to feel BIG. it's much harder to move around in bed or up and off furniture at home. starting to be more hungry. I avoided a lot of weight gain the first 2 trimesters so hopefully this doesn't cause me to blow up. i have been really enjoying food a lot more though LOL 

GTKY: What goody did you enjoy for NYE, if any? and to kick off those New Year Resolutions, what is your favorite go to healthy meal and/or snack? I enjoyed a bunch of crab legs that i made at home. they were really delicious and easy to make so that might be on the menu again sometime this month. expensive but worth it! 
    My go to healthy meal is roasted or sauteed veggies with an egg on top. I love eggs. Snackwise: i love bananas sprinkled with cinnamon with a little bit of honey drizzled on top. yum! 
  • Options
    Due Date: March 21

Questions?: None at the moment. I did ask a question on the PGAL thread about when to pack the hospital bag. I think I will start making the list and packing this week. 

Rants/Raves?: Rant of the week is being back at work. The two weeks off was wonderful!

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. On Friday I have an appointment to check my placenta previa. If it hasn't moved, I expect the doctor will make a decision about c-section delivery within the next couple of weeks. 

GTKY: What goody did you enjoy for NYE, if any? and to kick off those New Year Resolutions, what is your favorite go to healthy meal and/or snack?

I have been enjoying ALL the candy but specifically anything caramel and chocolate. My healthy go-to is fresh fruit -- usually a banana, blueberry, mango, oranges, etc. Something I can eat by itself or mix with yogurt/smoothie. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due Date: 3/20

Questions?: 

Rants/Raves?: It’s nice being on vacation but I’m about ready to get back to my everyday life. Also gestational diabetes has really put a damper on the remainder of my pregnancy and I also blame it for my excess hormones (or perhaps it’s the other way around).

How are you feeling?: Physically pretty good. It’s nice being able to take naps everyday.

Not much I get to enjoy, but I have been drinking a lot of fruit infused water since I can’t drink juice. Lately my snacks have been various cheeses and meats.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Due Date: 21 Mar

Questions?: nope

Rants/Raves?: I have two rants! First, my face has been a nightmare the past few weeks - I have these spots that are like rash/acne combos, and they are super red and chapped. I’ve never experienced anything like it, and it’s embarrassing to look like this when just starting a new job in a leadership role. And, rant 2, to top it off I got a stomach bug last night. Not only was it miserable to go through - puking into a trash can while sitting on the toilet type deal - but the vomiting caused broken blood vessels all over my face. I found out recently that I have low platelets, which probably didn’t help. But now I have these different red splotches all over, and I look in the mirror and I see a monster!

How are you feeling?: Other than the rants above, pretty good. I keep trying to remind myself that I have an easy pregnancy overall!

I’d been promising my husband a pumpkin pie, and with our move and travel I didn’t have a chance to make it until NYE. I make it from scratch - roasted pumpkin and everything - so we indulged on that. Oh, and homemade whipped cream (he would probably prefer cool whip but I refuse to cave!). But we really ate a lot of junk over the holidays, and I’m so ready to go back to eating healthy. I cook most of our meals with whole grains, tons of veggies, and legumes or a lean protein, and usually snack on raw veggies with hummus, fresh fruit, and yogurt with berries and homemade granola. Was gonna cook tonight but rescheduled for tomorrow due to the stomach bug! Hoping I can hold down oatmeal.
  • Options
    @babycolima12 sorry that you are going through that, i hope you feel better soon! 

@meggyme I am sorry that you have to watch what you eat, on the bright side, i love cheese but i am lactose intolerant so you can enjoy it for me! 

@karatepickles i am in denial. I can't even imagine thinking about the hospital right now.  :s although its definitely getting close to time! 
  • Options
    Due Date: 3/16

Questions?: None at the moment. 

Rants/Raves?:  Raves - Back in SD after 8 days of traveling in Michigan/Canada. Welcomed my nephew to the world on 12/23 and so excited to see his relationship with my LO blossom over the years. As much as we had a blast with family over the holidays, very much looking forward to a quiet weekend home with MH watching playoff football.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good overall! Woke up the past couple days with a sore throat so actively trying to hedge off a cold. 

Laid low for NYE so didn’t indulge much. But over Xmas tasted homemade butter cake that is a copycat of Mastros and enjoyed carrot cake from Jay Alexanders - both were divine! As for healthy snacks, my go to was 1/2 an avocado with Trader Joe’s everything bagel seasoning. I ate that a little too often, though, so we’re on a break and usually go for various cheeses with veggies (carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc.) and hummus. I also have protein bars, raw nuts, and dried fruit handy.