June 2019 Moms

Re: UO - 1/3

• Loading the player...
  • @wearyfuzzball I totally get what you’re saying. IMO the one major plus side of FB for me is it’s easier to connect with people once I can see a face and a name. It’s hard for me to keep usernames straight. But yeah, I totally get it. 
  • @pbtoast I 100% agree, and will eventually join a FB group (if i make the cut 😉) but I'm definitely not trying to rush things lol
  • I live in a snowy climate (although it's been a mild winter so far). DS turns 2 at the end of Jan. I want to turn his car seat around because I hate his dirty shoe prints on the back of my fabric seats. He's safer backwards, but those dirty prints...
  • Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @wearyfuzzball Agreed. I’m enjoying TB period. We’ve got many many years waiting for us on facebook :) 
  • I love snow and I am super bummed that we won’t get any this year  :(
  • @catmommac you can put a t-shirt over the seat to protect it! Or get a seat protector if your seat brand allows for it...you can't use any aftermarket one unless the manufacture has approved it. We had Diono's and used their brand seat protector when my son was RF. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @luckystar28, @wearyfuzzball, @chrssyms +1 for not looking forward to FB. I don’t use FB anymore now if I can avoid it. But since I know it’s coming, I think I need to step up my participation game here so I can make the cut! I do like the thread format on TB and worry a FB group would be overwhelming. But I’ve also never been in a FB group so I don’t know how it works.
  • Got one. Fireplaces aren't pretty and they just take up a wall. I purposely looked for places without one. 
  • @Bababatty my previous bmb does threads just like we did on the bump. We have a weekly random and other daily threads. I'm all about waiting for fb. Stranger danger is real. Plus my last bmb had a pretty major falling out when our kids were a little over a year and we split into two groups. It sucked. 
  • battleangelbattleangel member
    edited January 2019
    I like TB because I haven’t told a lot of my family (the dramatic, facebooking side) that I’m pregnant and tbh I don’t ever want to. Just pop the kid out and “oh look new baby at Fourth of July”
  • I guess my UO is that I can’t wait for a FB group. It’s SO much easier, I can actually remember who is who by face and name, and in my July 2014 group we got so much closer with FB! We are all still super close and I’ve met a bunch of the mommas and kids in person all over the country onnmy travels. We have about 50 core members still and it’s a great group to be a part of. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• All the post office does is deliver trash daily. Besides packages, everything else can be delivered to my email box. Bills, coupons, junk mail.

• @dntstpbelieveing Oh that is good to know! I was worried it would be a free-for-all, and we have it so nicely organized her. Sorry to hear about your group’s falling out, though! That really does suck, especially if you like people in both groups.
  • @amaren-2 AMEN. I hate mail. I only check it like once a week because I get all my bills via email and its. all. trash. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Y'all will have to send me a postcard once you move to FB. I'm no longer on it.  I'll be holding the fort here with whoever else is left. :-)