June 2019 Moms

Symptoms week of 12/31

I know it's a few days late, oh well! How are you feeling?

Re: Symptoms week of 12/31

• Loading the player...
  • @cricket1688 I'm just at the point where I am accepting that morning queasiness is going to be my normal throughout my whole pregnancy. At least thinking that put me in a better mind set, so if it does subside it will be a nice little treat. I've not dealt with any nipple pain or breast pain in general, which I'm thankful for. That sounds like no fun.

I'm also planning on getting back to the gym this week. I've really missed it and I'm thinking a little sweat might help make me feel better.
  • Pretty sure mine are mostly related to my liver but my nausea is at an all time high and though I haven’t vomited in a few days I feel nauseous for most of the day. Fatigue is killing me too. Also have zero appetite and when I do get hungry I’m full within 2 bites and feel like I’m going to vomit again. 

Other than that, itchy/painful nips and vag discharge galore (sorry if TMI) are blessing me at the moment. 
  • MS never went away for me with DD and doesnt appear to be going anywhere this time around.  I think accepting it makes it easier to deal with because you stop waiting for it to get better and figure out better ways to deal with it. 

I've been struggling with staying hydrated lately and have ended up at urgent care a couple times getting fluids which sucks.  My goal until my appt next week is to drink a gallon a day and see if that is finally enough to help keep me hydrated. I've also been having a lot of dizzy/fainting spells lately.  Hoping getting hydrated will help with that some.
  • @mra15 100% agree with your comments about MS. I think the accepting part was hard, but it's made me a lot less insane feeling. Also, Re: water + dizziness. I have noticed that when I drink more, I feel less dizzy. Getting plain water in can be tough, so I've added in some sparkling water which also helped. Good luck - 1 gallon of water a day is not easy, but definitely doable!
  • My boobs hurt like hell when I take my bra off at night. I’m one of the lucky ladies that doesn’t have many of the usual symptoms like MS, but that also scares the sunshine outta me some days because I don’t “feel” pregnant until I move a certain way and my ligaments go “NOPE YOU'RE STILL KTFU!”
  • Still experiencing nausea too. Luckily for me it is also mostly in the morning and usually goes away once I puke.
  • I mostly have smell induced gagging/vomiting now. Which is just lovely, but at least not a constant. Only get nauseous maybe one day a week at this point, and it's not bad. Had my day already. It keeps hitting on the weekends too, so hubby is home which makes it easier. I have been getting lightning boob, mild lightning crotch, and RLP. My husband got really concerned the other day. I sneezed and almost started crying and coudnt tell him I was ok fast enough. I also have some general soreness, especially if I'm on my feet too much (back pain, hip pain) and as always, my TMJ is flairing thanks to relaxin so I've had headaches off and on. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • My sciatica has been flaring up which sucks since I work on my feet. MS is gone but if I cough too hard I gag and get nauseated for about a minute. My nips hurt a lot and I get RLP too. I get headaches if I don’t stay really hydrated. I’m also super congested! Definitely feel better now than I did 1st trimester though
  • Anyone get warm hands and feet?!
  • @cricket1688 Quite the opposite for me, I'm ALWAYS cold :( I wear socks to bed now
  • TMI I have had hard nipples the majority of the time for almost three weeks. It is getting super painful, especially in the shower. Not sure if there is anything to be done about it but ouch. 
  • @jhems776 mine too like my headlights just wont turn off, they're not painful just tender.

I had my first case of lightning crotch yesterday and omg I forgot how much that hurt. I have had some weird stretching feeling in my belly too mostly towards the top especially if I accidentally press against it on something. constipation is better not totally normal but better and my nausea seems to have to changed too it's still throughout the day but milder than it had been. I also stand all day so by the end of the day I do feel pressure in my lower stomach.
  • Plus one to the headlights @jhems776! My MIL told me to get nipple pads as soon as she found out I was pregnant. I’ve not had too much pain but might be worth looking into? 
  • I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow...Nausea isn't really an issue so much but I still gag and dry heave. I think it's from everything being more relaxed in pregnancy, I have  a hairpin gag reflex! I cough and gag, gag bending over, gag going to the bathroom, and especially brushing my teeth. I've just accepted it and take daily meds which helps some. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @Erin1510 In the past few weeks, I started gagging/vomiting every time I brush my teeth. Have you tried switching toothpastes? I switched brands, which worked for about a week. I think it’s the peppermint, so now I’m trying children’s watermelon-flavored toothpaste. It tastes like brushing my teeth with a jolly rancher, but hopefully it will prevent the gagging. 

I’ve suddenly developed a smell aversion to my hand soap. WTF? I thought I was past this.
  • Well I have a long list of foods that I can’t eat because they make me throw up or give me terrible heartburn. I’m also very tired and if I’m not doing anything i’ll fall asleep in the afternoon. My ‘area’ is very itchy. I have bad days where I feel like I’m back in the 1st trimester but I am feeling a lot better. 
  • @antera23 if your “area” is itchy (assuming I’m thinking Of the right area), maybe you should check at your next appointment that you don’t have a yeast infection. I don’t think it’s bad, but it probably could just make you uncomfortable. 

@Bababatty I’m sorry your hand soap is giving you trouble! I’m surprised that I don’t really have any crazy smells aversions. Haha maybe my nausea was just so bad before that it didn’t even matter if things had a smell or not. 
  • @chrssyms +1 to the weird burps. I imagine my heartburn will really start to kick in he next month or so. Also, YGPM. I think I carry my babies more length wise rather than out and they tend to push my stomach up sooner. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• @antera23 Totally agree with @chrssyms that you could check in with your OB or nurse about a potential yeast infection, especially if it gets worse. My understanding is they’re not dangerous to baby but of course they’re so uncomfortable! When I finally told my OB at my appointment this week, she said I could have taken monistat. So don’t suffer through that if you don’t have to. ;-)

@chrssyms Perhaps that’s a benefit of the bad nausea?  :D I’m happy to hear your nausea is either getting better or is adequately controlled by the meds!!
  • My lower back pain has been kicking up this week. I try not to panic and assume it’s something bad. This is usually where I feel aches. I definetly want to bring it up with my doctor next appt to be sure. It’s so hard to know what’s normal and what needs more attention. 
  • Oh, I'm having a harder time standing up. Like my abs are useless, I mean they weren't great before...
  • @jhems776 Did your abs split? Mine did by 14 weeks last time and I don't think they ever fully went back. It can really screw with your ability to use them. 

https://www.thebump.com/a/diastasis-recti-treatment
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Thank you @chrssyms and @Bababatty I have checked with my doctor. She told me to get some over the counter cream for jock itch, lol. I just haven’t because it’s really not that bad. I asked her if it could hurt the baby and she said no so since I’m not suffering I just haven’t gotten around to it. It hasn’t gotten worse either. It’s mainly in the crease of my legs. I have so many skin issues that are worse, this one hasn’t really captured my attention lol. 
  • tc_nyctc_nyc member
    edited January 2019
    Still on the morning sickness train with a few of you (17 wks tomorrow). Accepting that it might not go away afterall. Am I the only one still on medicine (Reglan) and feeling guilty about it? I’ve wanted to ween off for awhile now but my body is like NOPE.

Feeling more & more of these ‘flutters’ that I’ve heard of (FTM here, clearly haha) and it’s crazy! Still haven’t ‘announced’ beyond immediate family and close friends because I have the in between appointment anxiety.. wanting to get through one more appointment to hear the heartbeat but these flutters of movement are giving me a little peace of mind :)
  • I am loving the flutters! Gentle reminder that everything I’m going through will all be worth it in the end 😍😍😍

On a positve symptom note, my hair and finger nails are growing like CRAZY! 💃🏼💃🏼
  • @antera23 Oh that’s good! Glad the itch isn’t too bad. Being itchy is no fun at all.

@tc_nyc I’m so sorry you’re still on the MS train! Don’t feel bad about being on the meds still. If it helps you, then it probably helps baby—I’ve never been on it, but I’m guessing by easing the MS it helps you eat? Which is good for both of you. :-)
  • jhems776jhems776 member
    edited January 2019
    @tuxielove93 I'm pretty sure they are and I did last time (c-section and didn't work out after). I remember not being able to use my abs much last time but not until 3rd tri. This time I am going to make it a priority after to get my abs back together. 
  • @jhems776 I will fix them when I’m done having babies. Until then, it feels futile to even try since they’re just going to get split again anyways. Good luck with yours. I do a lot
    of rolling onto my hip and then pushing up. Seems to work better than trying to just use my abs. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @tuxielove93 Did you have to get your OB yo diagnosis diastasis recti or were you able to do it yourself? It’s something I’m worried about—mostly because I worry about everything—although it sounds like it might just be really obvious?
  • @Bababatty I self diagnosed by accident. I was leaning back to see what my bump would look like and there was a huge bulge down my middle and then it was super flat to the sides. I completely freaked out until I found diastis recti and realized that’s all it was 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @tuxielove93 Oh yeah that would be both terrifying and obvious then! 
  • I had carpal tunnel in HS (programming classes where I typed badly for over an hour every day) and it’s coming back so hard lately. The cold doesn’t help but I have read it’s a pregnancy thing too 
  • @battleangel I’ve definitely heard that carpal tunnel can flare up in pregnancy. I’m sorry it’s rearing it’s ugly head again.
  • @battleangel To be honest, I did not even think about carpal tunnel flare ups with pregnancy! I have noticed it is *slightly* bothering me lately - thankfully not too bad. Also, YGPM.