Pregnant after IF
Options

2nd Trimester Check-in | week of December 24th

kristimh80kristimh80 member
edited December 2018 in Pregnant after IF
Happy Holidays!! Safe travels to anyone traveling this holiday season!
  • How far along?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves?
  • Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: How is everyone handling the holiday craziness this year? 
  • Feel free to share a HDBD or nursery progress pic if you've started!                                                                                                                                                     

Next week will probably be my last week of 2nd tri, so if anyone would like to take over...feel free! :smiley:

❤ Mommies to be ❤ 

@Drove2u 3/23 BOY! 

@kristimh80 3/28 GIRL! 

@uterusdreams 3/29 GIRL! 

@scikap 4/2 BOY! 

@madasm0530 4/20 BOY! 

@bpietronicco 5/15 BOY! 

@bkatp 5/27 BOY! 

@mrsyng 5/25 

@northbeach3 6/5 GIRL! 

Griffin5413 6/21

Let me know if I can add any updates to the list, and include your EDD if it's your first time posting here! ❤❤❤ 

TTC #1 since April 2015
June 2016 - CP
2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
ERA Cycle May / June 2018
ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
EDD March 28, 2019
Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

Re: 2nd Trimester Check-in | week of December 24th

• Options
    • How far along? 19 + 5
    • How are you feeling this week? Anxious.  I got a little lightheaded today and slight lower back pain with some nausea.  But gassy. So paranoid that something is going to go wrong. 
    • Rants/Raves?  Wish I could enjoy this pregnancy more. 
    • Questions? 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Dec 31 level 2 anatomy scan 
    • GTKY: How is everyone handling the holiday craziness this year?  Very low key- no family visiting this year.  
  • Options
    Griffin5413Griffin5413 member
    edited December 2018
    Hi Ladies! I'm joining you here this week
    • How far along? 14+5 - due date June 21
    • How are you feeling this week? still fairly tired but definitely not like the first few weeks. Hoping to stop taking nausea meds soon. 
    • Rants/Raves? - hoping these headaches go away soon!
    • Questions?
    • Any upcoming appointments? Not until Jan 14 & then the anatomy scan on the 21
    • GTKY: How is everyone handling the holiday craziness this year? - just trying to take it easy and rest where I can. my inlaws are in town all week but thankfully they don't feel the need to go,go,go. 
    • Feel free to share a HDBD or nursery progress pic if you've started
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bpietronicco Hope you start to feeling a little better! Wish I could say it all goes away, but for me...it all comes in waves. Hope you're excited for your anatomy scan! That's been my favorite u/s...it's so in-depth and neat to see how far baby has come from the IVF days :)

@Griffin5413 Welcome! I'll get you added to the list! :smiley:
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    edited December 2018

How far along? 26w4d
    How are you feeling this week? Good for the most part. Good are back to aching which is prob my fault due to holiday shopping sprees. But starting to feel "big" and my belly reminds me as it bumps into things now. 
    Rants/Raves? Rave: Excited it's the holiday's and family time. Rant: Having to do my glucose test right after xmas. 
    Any upcoming appointments? Friday OB / glucose. Maybe my growth scan...can't remb if this time or next.

GTKY: How is everyone handling the holiday craziness this year? Finally calming down! MH took forever to help with some last minute gifts that I asked him to do so was a little on edge for a moment!  
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    • How far along? 17+5
    • How are you feeling this week? Good, mild abdominal pains, I think cos of expanding uterus. I am also starting to feel heavy, it is also becoming uncomfortable to sleep or sit in child posture 
    • Rants/Raves? Still waiting on call from from MFM for level 2 anatomy scan date. Holidays is delaying the appointment scheduling 
    • Questions? Question about weight gain again. I have gained about 7-8 lbs so far from start of my pregnancy concerned if the baby is growing enough. What should be the ideal weight gain range around 18weeks 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Somewhere in Jan 
    • GTKY: How is everyone handling the holiday craziness this year? I wanted to get back to work ASAP happy to be at work today 
    • Feel free to share a HDBD or nursery progress pic if you've started
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @bkatp Good to know I'm not the only one working today! With all the family plans this week, I'm looking at it as a little break! As for weight gain, I have no clue. I feel like up until the past couple of weeks, mine as been all over the place, then all the sudden I feel / look like a swallowed a watermelon.I know in 2nd trimester, they say you should be gaining around a pound a week, then in 3rd tri it can go up. Just remb a lot of extra weight is water retention, extra blood pumping, uterus size, placenta, etc. So don't stress too much over it unless your OB finds an issue or says something. It's not the same as when we gain normally due to all the factors involved :) 

Here's a chart I found for reference that seems a little helpful. 

TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Griffin5413Griffin5413 member
    edited December 2018
    @bkatp - I think recommended weight gain also depends on what your body type is prior to getting pregnant. I am overweight to begin with so my OB only wants me to aim for about 20 pounds total throughout the pregnancy. That being said, you had to do what you feel is best for your body too. I feel like I can only do so much and as long as I am trying to be as healthy as possible, I feel good about that. I'm also glad to be at work today. My in laws are still in town so my house is a little nutty. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kristimh80 thanks! I am trying to be less anxious- I think once I have my anatomy scan I will feel much better (as long as everything is okay).  It’s so hard- with everything we have been through with IVF and losses, but it’s nice to be half way now!!
  • Options
    @Griffin5413 welcome

@kristimh80 @Griffin5413 thank you for the assurance.

My insurance has provided an additional benefit which is 24 hours assistance via nurse line. I can get answers on nutrition/diet concerns or advice on medication. I am happy that my employer has this service. Feels little secure. I spoke to them and they gave some advices on nutrition etc. They said Iron, calcium, protein, folic acid and prenatal multi vitamins are must. If I am making sure I am getting these in proper amounts, I need not worry about weight gain.

• Options
    • How far along? 27 weeks and some days/ EDD: March 23
    • How are you feeling this week? Fine. Just huge, especially after eating so much over christmas. This will be my last time posting in 2nd tri so see you guys on the other side soon. :-) 
    • Rants/Raves? Rant/Rave: well you guys know we were doing a kitchen reno. Literally got done an hour before the guests got to our house for christmas eve dinner. It was insane and I was so stressed but everything ended being so nice and we got through. Still recovering. so so tired. Tomorrow we're going away to visit my parents and then to Connecticut for New Years to spend some time with friends. It's also my daughters 2nd  birthday on NYE. I don't go back to work until Jan 7th which is so nice! 
    • Questions?
    • Any upcoming appointments? Not until after New years some time for growth scan, glucose test and regular OBGYN appt. 
    • GTKY: How is everyone handling the holiday craziness this year? Almost over. :-) 

bpietronicco enjoy it! Enjoy it! Everything is going great for you!

Griffin5413 welcome! I loved your announcement on IG! So so freakin’ cute!

kristimh80 good luck with your appt and I’ll see you in 3rd tri soon!

bkatp Ive gained soo much weight already. Definetly more than the 7-8 lbs you mention. Lol. I gained a lot of weight with my first pregnancy too and it took me 18 months to lose it all without working at it. This time around, I plan to work hard to lose it since I know this will be my last baby. Don’t worry too much about the weight gain if the doctor isn’t.

• Options
    @Drove2u Glad everything managed to come together for your Christmas dinner party! Will miss you here next week, but come next Thursday...I'm breaking in! lol I've also all the sudden been feeling "big". I knew eventually it would happen, but feel it came overnight! 

@bkatp Greta advice from your doctor! Long as baby is getting what it needs it all thats really matters. I turn around and don't even look at the scale when at the dr's office. I know if I did, it would only give me anxiety so I figure it's none of my business :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019